What kind of coffee do you like best?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
golden11

Post by golden11 »

I like either sugar or cream in my coffee.
MOD NOTE: THIS PERSON IS A SPAMMER THEY HAVE BEEN BANNED.
jedc53

Post by jedc53 »

Tasters Choice is a great instant coffee.I like cold coffee drinks.It is very best coffee in the test.I like also I like Folgers coffee.It is the tastiest I think.

[Link in signature removed]
m3 real
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

:rolleyes:

Attached files
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

albertpollard

Post by albertpollard »

golden11;1306240 wrote: What kind of coffee do you like best?

I like either sugar or cream in my coffee.

I'm confused...What kind of coffee do you like best?

I like either sugar or cream in my coffee....

What type of coffee???

I like my coffee like my women, Hot, Black and Wet!

;)
NEWS FLASH! The Universe is God's Petri Dish.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

umm i guess i like my coffee with coffee mate and medium sugar

:-6

I miss you Odie
BTS

Post by BTS »

Blacks.....................and Strongs!!!!
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Just a plain, fresh ground coffee. None of that fancy flavored sh!t. And nothing added.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Tim Hortons, only in Canada, pity eh?:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

A good 5 strength percolated coffee, with preferably cream (or heated milk) and demerara sugar! :guitarist :-6:p :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Lon

Post by Lon »

One mug of dark Yuban Coffee with splash of 2% milk.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

albertpollard;1307067 wrote:

I like my coffee like my women, Hot, Black and Wet!

;)

haha that's so funny :yh_rotfl
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1307261 wrote: A good 5 strength percolated coffee, with preferably cream (or heated milk) and demerara sugar! :guitarist :-6:p :D

no wonder your so moody!:lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Coffee made in a machine like this: Bialetti

I've got an older one (1978), the date is cast into the top section (you have to remove the filter to see it). This coffee will get you going (normally in small cups, so a good mug of it will raise your eyebrows).
rissa

Post by rissa »

I drink black Nescafe,not to strong.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Odie;1307167 wrote: Tim Hortons, only in Canada, pity eh?:yh_rotfl

Naw.

Tim Hortons is on the States, as well.

Seen them in Michigan, New York, Ohio, PA and Indiana.

Tall black for me, with a couple of double Choc donuts.

Finest Kind.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
jmslee123

Post by jmslee123 »

I don't really have a favorite brand, but I like a strong, dark roast with a slight hazelnut flavor.Sometimes I like African coffee, like Kenya, but it is off and on.
panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

Sumatran and Jamaican Blue mountain.
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
biggirls

Post by biggirls »

Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee is my love
Odie

Post by Odie »

biggirls;1324692 wrote: Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee is my love

oh my that sound delicious!:guitarist
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

I must admit I am partial to good quality, freshly ground coffee, but my favourite has got to be Nescafe 3 in 1 sachets... great for when I'm at work.... Just add boiling water :)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Odie

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1324735 wrote: I must admit I am partial to good quality, freshly ground coffee, but my favourite has got to be Nescafe 3 in 1 sachets... great for when I'm at work.... Just add boiling water :)

nice to see you again!:guitarist

I had the same ones at work a few years ago as well, its good and like you said, so easy to make!
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

After years of drinking grocery store swill we found nirvana in coffee land.....SCHWAN'S COFFEE! This product is sold via the net or door to door delivery and may not be available nationwide.

We drink the medium roast blend finding it to be so smooth that you can drink it all day with no stomach distress found in other coffee's.

Disclaimer: I post this link as info only. I have no other affiliation with Schwan's other than being a customer.

Category:Beverages: Coffee
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Tightwad;1325349 wrote: After years of drinking grocery store swill we found nirvana in coffee land.....SCHWAN'S COFFEE! This product is sold via the net or door to door delivery and may not be available nationwide.

We drink the medium roast blend finding it to be so smooth that you can drink it all day with no stomach distress found in other coffee's.

Disclaimer: I post this link as info only. I have no other affiliation with Schwan's other than being a customer.

Category:Beverages: Coffee

I buy stuff from Schwan's occasionally and their coffee isn't too bad. Some of their food products are high in sodium though.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Mustang;1325360 wrote: I buy stuff from Schwan's occasionally and their coffee isn't too bad. Some of their food products are high in sodium though.

And the fat content! Yikes!!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

My part timer I hired recently has one luxury item in his budget.. they grind their own coffe and then put it through some press rather then using coffee filters. He and his fiance have one cup a day.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1325363 wrote: And the fat content! Yikes!!

one coffee a day isn't going to kill you!:yh_rotfl
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

Mustang;1325360 wrote: I buy stuff from Schwan's occasionally and their coffee isn't too bad. Some of their food products are high in sodium though.
It's pretty much a given for pre-packed foods of all types from any maker ,not just Schwan's, to be high in sodium,fats and sugars since this is the cheapest way to "improve' the taste and craving for more. The savvy consumers I know know how to read the labels before they buy something so they know what they are eating. Don't you?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Tightwad;1325383 wrote: It's pretty much a given for pre-packed foods of all types from any maker ,not just Schwan's, to be high in sodium,fats and sugars since this is the cheapest way to "improve' the taste and craving for more. The savvy consumers I know know how to read the labels before they buy something so they know what they are eating. Don't you?
I thought the implication was that he does read the labels and so passed on some of their products.:thinking: What do I know, I don't even drink coffee..:wah:

panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

flopstock;1325363 wrote: And the fat content! Yikes!!

Maybe thats why their stuff actually tastes GOOD and has this thing call FLAVOR.

OH and that coffee maker is called a "French Press"
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
Bez

Post by Bez »

I drink 'instant' because I drink A LOT of coffee. Colombian is good as I like it strong with a little bit of 'coffee mate' or cream as a treat.

Haven't found the perfect coffee yet......particularly ground coffee....it nearly always smells good but tastes yukky
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Tightwad;1325383 wrote: It's pretty much a given for pre-packed foods of all types from any maker ,not just Schwan's, to be high in sodium,fats and sugars since this is the cheapest way to "improve' the taste and craving for more. The savvy consumers I know know how to read the labels before they buy something so they know what they are eating. Don't you?

Absolutely, that's why I only buy from Schwan's occasionally, which is usually during the winter months. I purchase mostly frozen veggies (green beans, peas, sugar snap peas), cod fillets, chicken breasts.

I don't often buy pre-packaged foods because the wife and I both love to cook.
martha

Post by martha »

Before I had tasted coffee much, in my early twenties, the only coffee I liked was the kind that came from the vending machine. I used to drink five or six cups (obvious exaggeration) while cramming in the library at college. ha ha Everyone around me thought it was disgusting. Yes, I do remember being allowed to drink coffee in the library. Now, I'm weaning myself onto tea without added sugar or cream. Maybe I will finally be able to sleep through the night.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

My favorite coffee is the Cuban style Cafe con Leche'

They start with fresh ground up cane sugar syrup in a cup, and then add a shot or two of Cubano espresso.

Fill the cup with steamed whole milk, and top it off with a dash of cinnamon or some dark chocolate shavings.

Muy delicioso!!

When I was working in Miami, I was hooked.

There was a cafe next door to my hotel and every morning I would sit and have cafe con leche and a pastry with Jamon y queso. Then a second cup to go and off to work. I was good for the whole day.

Second favorite coffee is the Cafe au Lait at Cafe du Monde, in New Orleans.
- DH Lawrence
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

I can not stand coffee or coffee flavored drinks I always display the way it taste similar to how I explain liquor. Coffee taste as if someone put a pot of water on the stove and instead of evaporating it burnt. Liquor taste as if some one set a pot of water outside and instead of evaporating it spoiled. I do like tea though.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

This place has a nice variety of "estate" coffees. I like mine with half and half or that powdered creamer stuff, no sugar.

Hate, hate, HATE flavored coffee, especially French Vanilla. I've had tastier vomit.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Tim Hortons......only in Canada:-6
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Odie;1355053 wrote: Tim Hortons......only in Canada:-6

I like Tim Horton's

Kind of a Canadian versions of Dunkin Donuts.
- DH Lawrence
rb8888

Post by rb8888 »

freshly brewed coffee with cream and sugar please :)
Anouk

Post by Anouk »

I like Cappuccino and Black coffee
Littlelou

Post by Littlelou »

I like Nescafe instant coffee, I've tried percolated but I just can't get a taste for that for some reason, most I've tried is bitter..
Odie

Post by Odie »

Littlelou;1362983 wrote: I like Nescafe instant coffee, I've tried percolated but I just can't get a taste for that for some reason, most I've tried is bitter..

That's what I have every morning to.

I found perked coffees to bitter as well.....just add a pinch of salt when brewing.
Littlelou

Post by Littlelou »

Thankyou Odie, I will try that next time I have some.:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Littlelou;1363050 wrote: Thankyou Odie, I will try that next time I have some.:)

When I was a manager for McDonald's and started at 4 am, I made my own pot with just a pinch of salt........so much nicer.
Littlelou

Post by Littlelou »

McDonalds?, I like going there now and again, and the McFlurry Ice-Cream is the nicest I have ever tasted.:D
French Grapes

Post by French Grapes »

I like plain coffees like Folgers, Community Coffee, Maxwell House, etc, with sugar substitute and French Vanilla creamer. I've tried to drink the coffee at Starbucks but it tastes burnt and oily. Still haven't developed a taste for the frappes and cappuccinos and such. McDonald's coffee is alright first thing in the morning. Sometimes I'll try a fancy flavored coffee at Cafe Brazil but for the most part I'm a stuck in the mud plain old coffee with cream and sugar drinker.

Won't go into the size of the cup to put the coffee in thing.
Odie

Post by Odie »

French Grapes;1363655 wrote: I like plain coffees like Folgers, Community Coffee, Maxwell House, etc, with sugar substitute and French Vanilla creamer. I've tried to drink the coffee at Starbucks but it tastes burnt and oily. Still haven't developed a taste for the frappes and cappuccinos and such. McDonald's coffee is alright first thing in the morning. Sometimes I'll try a fancy flavored coffee at Cafe Brazil but for the most part I'm a stuck in the mud plain old coffee with cream and sugar drinker.

Won't go into the size of the cup to put the coffee in thing.

I like Maxwell House as well!

and your so right on Starbucks!
French Grapes

Post by French Grapes »

I got a Nook Color a few weeks ago. I haven't figured out how to use it at home yet - even though I have wi-fi at home, and I haven't switched out my device from a USB to a hub on my wi-fi to go. So, I go to wherever there is free wi-fi to download content to my Nook. Barnes & Nobles has a Starbucks in their store and I can sit there with a nice glass of iced lemonade/tea while I play with the Nook. One of these days I'll try one of their sandwiches or other goodies. It smells good in there. I just don't like their coffee.
Odie

Post by Odie »

French Grapes;1363706 wrote: I got a Nook Color a few weeks ago. I haven't figured out how to use it at home yet - even though I have wi-fi at home, and I haven't switched out my device from a USB to a hub on my wi-fi to go. So, I go to wherever there is free wi-fi to download content to my Nook. Barnes & Nobles has a Starbucks in their store and I can sit there with a nice glass of iced lemonade/tea while I play with the Nook. One of these days I'll try one of their sandwiches or other goodies. It smells good in there. I just don't like their coffee.

It does smell nice in there, even though we hate their coffee, the aroma's are intoxicating!
aliza.wine

Post by aliza.wine »

I like a very strong coffee with sugar and lots of cream..
-kg-

Post by -kg- »

Odie;1363045 wrote: I found perked coffees to bitter as well.....just add a pinch of salt when brewing.

Ah! Someone else knows my little secret! :yh_wink

Given my preference, I order green (unroasted) beans (usually from here) and roast them myself. Though I try beans from different areas of the world, I usually order Ethiopian beans. I have a small fluid bed roaster that I roast them in, a few batches at a time. Thus, I'm always assured to have freshly roasted beans.

My fluid bed roaster:

I prefer the roast to be Full City to Full City+, though I've tasted some fine City+ roasts. After around a 24 hour "rest" period, I store the beans and grind on demand. I have two grinders...a blade grinder and a mill grinder. Which one I use depends on how I intend to make the batch of coffee.

I generally use a drip coffee maker, especially when making coffee to take with me to work. It has a brew timer and makes my coffee just before I get up. I use the blade grinder for that.

On special occasions I use my French Press. When making a pot of coffee in the French Press, I use the mill grinder. It is capable of a coarser grind than the blade grinder.

I normally take my coffee with Sweet and Low and a bit of Hazelnut creamer, though the creamer is optional.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”