the power of words

lady cop

the power of words

Post by lady cop »

i have always known the pen is mightier than the sword...but sometimes i need to be reminded. this morning Bothwell said some words to me that wiped away an entire weekend of being down...how can a few words turn you around? i would not have thought there was a remedy for how i felt. have the meaningful words of someone ever helped you overcome? lifted your spirit? whether stranger or someone you know. :yh_flower
Clint

the power of words

Post by Clint »

Yes. I got an e-mail from my younger brother today. It had been a while. I didn’t think there was anything wrong between us or anything like that. It had just been a while. He said some things that really lifted my spirits. I don’t think that was his intent but just the interest he showed in me as his older brother was all it took.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
chonsigirl

the power of words

Post by chonsigirl »

I always take a walk around the neighborhood in the evenings for my constitutional. Every day, week after week. As the last year went by, sometimes I am tired by this time, and my steps become slower and heavier with the tremendous workload at home. One day I was taking my walk and as I turned the corner, a man was waiting for me, with a red rose in his hand. I had never seen him before, and he smiled at me and gave me the rose and told me it was for "the pretty lady who always walks in the right direction every day of her life." I smiled, and thanked him, and told him it was the nicest thing that had happened all day. I took the rose with me around the neighborhood, and put it in water when I went home, where it lasted for weeks.

I always belive he was sent from God, to tell me those words that day.
lady cop

the power of words

Post by lady cop »

ah...words are so powerful!
robinseggs

the power of words

Post by robinseggs »

Wow, that is really cool chonsi!! Gave me goosebumps.......Well LC, I must say my husband is the one who keeps me grounded. I am the type to crumble under pressure and have an anxiety attack....no matter what, my husband is always calm and soothing without even trying. He could live through ANYthing I am sure. We have been through so much and yet it was him that could always find the sunshine in the darkest of times. When our wedding photographer told us he lost all our negatives of the wedding pics, when we delivered a baby at 20 wks, born premature and had to say goodbye to him, when we were living in my parents basement while our new home was being built and the basement flooded.....and when our baby girl was helicoptered, clinging to life nearly in a diabetic coma....and when they told us she would take shots for the rest of her life....All of those times I felt like I wanted to run away...die...and yet he held me close and just the feeling of him being soooo strong, made me feel like everything would be ok. Just knowing that he can roll anything off his shoulders is so reassuring.......he is my rock!!!!
Nature laughs Last

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”