Posting Error

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Posting Error

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Just tried to make a post and received the following error :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forumgarden.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.forumgarden.com Port 80

It managed to lose my magnum opus, the post to end all posts - I'll sulk :wah:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Posting Error

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Very strange. It happened again - trying to post to the FG Trivia thread.

Change the post to a simple a b c and it worked fine. Retry the post I want and it happened again.

I do not know what part of the content of the post is crashing the system but it is content driven.

I'll go back and try posting bits of the text to find out.
spot

Posting Error

Post by spot »

It's a known problem - if you look up mod_security in the PHP modules you'll see people reporting false positives. The purpose of the module is to fend off Apache attacks by bots seeking to infect the server. It's not an error to leave live but it's an important function too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Posting Error

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1352536 wrote: It's a known problem - if you look up mod_security in the PHP modules you'll see people reporting false positives. The purpose of the module is to fend off Apache attacks by bots seeking to infect the server. It's not an error to leave live but it's an important function too.

The text that triggered it was "converting range from 70 / point to 110 / point" with brackets round the part after converting.
flopstock

Posting Error

Post by flopstock »

I got an error bring up the site around that time also. i refreshed it a couple of times and it came up. I just assumed spot was up to more of his shenanigans:D

and i agree with acct... these new smilies stink.. no real emotion to back them up:guitarist
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Posting Error

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;1352539 wrote: I got an error bring up the site around that time also. i refreshed it a couple of times and it came up. I just assumed spot was up to more of his shenanigans:D

and i agree with acct... these new smilies stink.. no real emotion to back them up:guitarist

It's a plot I tell you, a plot :sneaky:

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”