Devil-Dog

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

Authorities have charged a South Carolina woman with felony animal cruelty, saying she hanged her nephew's pit bull from a tree with an electrical cord and burned its body because the dog chewed on her Bible.Miriam Smith Killed Dog For Chewing On Bible: Nephew's Pit Bull Hanged From Tree, Burned To Death
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Devil-Dog

Post by Bruv »

She obviously couldn't trust her Lord to deal out justice.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

Poor Pit Bulls, they have a bad reputation and they are sweet dogs.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mustang

Devil-Dog

Post by Mustang »

Good place for her, behind bars. Hope she gets the max of 5 years in prison.
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

She's obviously delusional and possibly obsessive, locking her up will solve nothing and probably harden her even more.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mustang

Devil-Dog

Post by Mustang »

Ahso!;1352037 wrote: She's obviously delusional and possibly obsessive, locking her up will solve nothing and probably harden her even more.

Maybe.

If she can do what she did to a dog, can't imagine what might possibly happen to a neighbors child if she snapped around them.
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

Agreed.

So why take steps that will not only just delay the inevitable (snapping) but also increase the odds of the occurrence? This lady, in my opinion, is a perfect candidate for medication to calm her mind while mental assistance is administered in a hospital setting. Most people like this cannot be taught to manage their situation on any long term basis, they need to be re-raised, and since, given her age, that is not an option long term, medication is likely the most effective solution.

When excessively delusional people such as this are taught to believe the world is divided by good and evil, right and wrong, behavior such as this can be the result. Had there been no devil in her life, the dog is probably alive today.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mustang

Devil-Dog

Post by Mustang »

Ahso!;1352039 wrote: Agreed.

So why take steps that will not only just delay the inevitable (snapping) but also increase the odds of the occurrence? This lady, in my opinion, is a perfect candidate for medication to calm her mind while mental assistance is administered in a hospital setting. Most people like this cannot be taught to manage their situation on any long term basis, they need to be re-raised, and since, given her age, that is not an option long term, medication is likely the most effective solution.

When excessively delusional people such as this are taught to believe the world is divided by good and evil, right and wrong, behavior such as this can be the result. Had there been no devil in her life, the dog is probably alive today.

Who do you think taught her to believe the world is divided by good and evil?

According the the news video which interviewed a neighbor, the neighbor stated she was a religious fanatic, read the bible every day and thinks she may have read something in the bible and made some sort of religious sacrifice with the 1 year old dog. He went on to say that she interprets the bible in her own way, isn't mentally stable and needs help.

Woman Killed Pit Bull Dog for Chewing on Bible

Knowing these facts, they should have sought help for her before this tragedy happened. If the whole story was told, I'd speculate that this woman has acted out somehow before, for the neighbors to come forth now and say what they had.

Yeah Ahso, she needs some type of treatment plan, she also needs to be responsible for her actions too. A few meds and a slap on the wrist for this act of cruelty would be wrong IMO.
flopstock

Devil-Dog

Post by flopstock »

Ahso!;1352039 wrote: Agreed.

Not

This lady needs to be put to sleep
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

Tell me, what is her crime? Is it that she killed a dog, or that she killed the dog in public? Or is the crime that she killed the dog in a cruel way? Mustang;1352043 wrote: Who do you think taught her to believe the world is divided by good and evil?Whoever encouraged her to interpret the bible literally. Could have been a family member, friend, pastor et al at any age. You don't think the bible taken literally interprets life in terms of good and evil?

Mustang;1352043 wrote: According the the news video which interviewed a neighbor, the neighbor stated she was a religious fanatic, read the bible every day and thinks she may have read something in the bible and made some sort of religious sacrifice with the 1 year old dog. He went on to say that she interprets the bible in her own way, isn't mentally stable and needs help. 1) It's a pretty safe bet to say she's fanatical (obsessive) about her religion.

2) I thought she hung and burned the dog for chewing on the bible. "Devil Dog" was the phrase she used.

3) Just about every religious person I've known interprets the bible in their own way for the most part. It is said to be a personal relationship between each believer and God, no?

4) The neighbor uses the phrase "mentally unstable" if you've quoted the person accurately. I used the word "delusional". The difference between my word and the neighbor's phrase is I acknowledge we are all delusional, as in believing in dedication to any particular myth, the difference lies in the strength of each persons adherence to those delusions (myths). You and I are probably as delusional as this lady but the emphasis of our delusion is on something acceptable and popular. For example, you may believe earthly salvation lies in assets like property ownership and a minor in religion, whereas this lady may have the order reversed. In your eyes she's mentally unstable while in her eyes you're the mentally unstable one. I don't see the lady as mentally unstable, but unable to function within the culture because she somehow got the arrangement backwards for any number of reasons. My argument is to remove the religion and that eliminates the mix up. Her order just doesn't work well in the way we do things now. It may have worked in society years ago, but societies change, they evolve.

Mustang;1352043 wrote: Woman Killed Pit Bull Dog for Chewing on Bible

Knowing these facts, they should have sought help for her before this tragedy happened. If the whole story was told, I'd speculate that this woman has acted out somehow before, for the neighbors to come forth now and say what they had.The only fact there is that the neighbor said what he or she said, that doesn't mean the content of what was said is fact. The neighbor made evaluations based on what he or she observed.

I'm wondering who you're referring to as "they".

Question for you: How many people in your city or township have underlying conditions similar to this lady's? According to what you've written, it's your responsibility to find out and get them help before they cause harm to a dog.

Mustang;1352043 wrote: Yeah Ahso, she needs some type of treatment plan, she also needs to be responsible for her actions too. A few meds and a slap on the wrist for this act of cruelty would be wrong IMO.Why waste time and taxpayer money incarcerating a person when it won't assist the person adapt to their environment? This is not a simple-minded obedience problem. That idea is as old fashioned as hanging and burning dogs for chewing bibles.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1352048 wrote: Not

This lady needs to be put to sleepYou're angry. She had no more right to kill the dog than I'd have in killing her. I get that. My question to you is: Why not? Make your case.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Devil-Dog

Post by flopstock »

Ahso!;1352050 wrote: You're angry. She had no more right to kill the dog than I'd have in killing her. I get that. My question to you is: Why not? Make your case.

Perhaps you suffer from transference as opposed to just feeling it is your place to pronounce judgment on anyone else's comments rather than letting their words speak for themselves? You do this often, I've noticed.

You may be angry. I'm no more angry at this woman than I am the woman who drowns her children in the bathtub. They need to be put to sleep.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1352068 wrote: Perhaps you suffer from transference as opposed to just feeling it is your place to pronounce judgment on anyone else's comments rather than letting their words speak for themselves? You do this often, I've noticed.

You may be angry. I'm no more angry at this woman than I am the woman who drowns her children in the bathtub. They need to be put to sleep.This is how you make your case, by shifting the attention off the subject and onto me?

The last time you made a similar comment I could see the relevance, this time I don't. You claiming you're 'no more angry than...' doesn't mean you're not (angry), though you do become evasive at times when asked to clarify what you've said. Don't make this about me, it's about the actions of a lady who hung and burned a dog alive for chewing up a bible. You said she needs to be put to sleep, which I've interpreted as euthanized, and all I've done is ask you to put aside your anger and explain why.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Devil-Dog

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Sounds like a burnt offering. I wonder if the smell was pleasing to the lord. :)
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1352159 wrote: Sounds like a burnt offering. I wonder if the smell was pleasing to the lord. :)I wonder if she'll try to use that as a defense, religious ceremony. Why not? The Tea Party should find it justifiable enough to threaten the life of the judge and his family with, or at least stage a town hall meeting type ruckus.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Devil-Dog

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ahso!;1352199 wrote: I wonder if she'll try to use that as a defense, religious ceremony. Why not? The Tea Party should find it justifiable enough to threaten the life of the judge and his family with, or at least stage a town hall meeting type ruckus.

It might be a good defense. I don't see how they can outlaw animal sacrifices, since blood offering is practically the whole basis of the Christian religion. Who is man to question God's laws? :)
Ahso!

Devil-Dog

Post by Ahso! »

If four legged creatures can be sacrificed for food, surely religious sacrifice should be acceptable. There really isn't a whole lot of difference between hanging and burning a dog alive and hanging and slicing open a cow while it's still alive, is there?. Nourishment for the soul or nourishment for the body. We're not hypocrites, are we?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

Devil-Dog

Post by K.Snyder »

It's generally assumed then that this woman is capable of being rehabilitated after having hanged and burned a 1 year old pup for chewing on a book?

Someone should offer her a cat, they're much more compatible with this lady's temperament.

Return to “Pets Animals”