Whatcha doin thread....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello FG'ers....

Let's make this a 'Hello and Whatcha Doin' update thread.
CARLA

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by CARLA »

Today I'm off to play Mahjong with some friends and plan to enjoy the 3 day weekend. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm doing well and working hard. In fact, that's all I'm doing...Things are too busy, and hope they slow down after next week.

But, with all of the snowstorms here at the beach..... the roads, beach and boardwalk are still iced over and some parts snowbound....It's hard to take my long walks as I'm slipping and sliding all over the place.

Think I'll try again to take a long walk later along the beach, if possible:-3

So, how's everyone ?? Whatcha doin?
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1350805 wrote: Today I'm off to play Mahjong with some friends and plan to enjoy the 3 day weekend. :)

Hiya Carla,

I was just going to pm you to say hello:-6

I tried to play Mahjong with 4 friends about 2 years ago, and even bought a beautiful tile set. But, I just couldn't understand all the rules. I love to play Mahjong on the net.

Wish I could cyber over and learn how to play:wah:

Have fun on your weekend.
CARLA

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by CARLA »

It does require some learning but I love the technique and thinking of the game. I'm still a beginner only been playing for 2 years but love it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Peg »

I'm sitting here waiting for the Steeler game, sitting on my Steeler blanket, wearing my Steeler shirt.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Think I will try it again this summer Carla. My sil knows how to play and she'll be at the beach a lot during the summer.

Carla, can you help me? I've lost access to my Irish thread "I've cybered myself over to Donegal tonight." I've looked in the Irish forum and in some member's post that were in the thread. I've even looked in the advanced search.

A while ago, I couldn't access my Astronomy, but found it a few days later. It seems that I've also lost my posts since 1/11/11 back to 12/1/08.

How else would I search for this thread?

Thanks....
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1350811 wrote: I'm sitting here waiting for the Steeler game, sitting on my Steeler blanket, wearing my Steeler shirt.

Go Steelers

Lon

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Lon »

Finally some sunshine---------despite a gimpy right knee which will be replaced later this year I have just returned from a long walk (hobble) and will have a bowl of soup and get ready to watch the Pittsburgh/Baltimore playoff game.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Lon;1350820 wrote: Finally some sunshine---------despite a gimpy right knee which will be replaced later this year I have just returned from a long walk (hobble) and will have a bowl of soup and get ready to watch the Pittsburgh/Baltimore playoff game.

Glad you're feeling a little better Lon..sorry about your knee. My friend's mom just had hers replaced, and now she's feeling so much better. Good luck with operation.

Just had some potato and leek soup that I place in a cut out boule...yummy....

OH...OH..didn't realize that the Steelers were playing the Ravens....

Good luck to the Steelers for Peg, Zap and Mustang.

AND...good luck to Chonsi for the Ravens...

chonsigirl

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by chonsigirl »

Peg;1350811 wrote: I'm sitting here waiting for the Steeler game, sitting on my Steeler blanket, wearing my Steeler shirt.

Oh, so am I, but not for the Steelers..........................:yh_whistl
ZAP

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by ZAP »

Come on, Peg! Do a dance or something! I left my Steeler's quillo in California and my hats & towels. That must be the problem. GO STEELERS!!
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

ZAP;1350828 wrote: Come on, Peg! Do a dance or something! I left my Steeler's quillo in California and my hats & towels. That must be the problem. GO STEELERS!!

I'm not big into sports, but my family is...They love the Giants, Yankees and the Philly Eagles.

I used to go to the local games all the time in high school and college just to see the boys:wah:

I just turned on the game between the Steelers and Ravens...Woooozaaa...What a game. 1st the score was 21-R and 7-S, and now, in a short time it is 21-R and 14-S....

So, whatcha think? Who's going to win?
Peg

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Peg »

Kathy Ellen;1350830 wrote: I'm not big into sports, but my family is...They love the Giants, Yankees and the Philly Eagles.

I used to go to the local games all the time in high school and college just to see the boys:wah:

I just turned on the game between the Steelers and Ravens...Woooozaaa...What a game. 1st the score was 21-R and 7-S, and now, in a short time it is 21-R and 14-S....

So, whatcha think? Who's going to win?

The Steelers of course! At least I sure hope so.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1350831 wrote: The Steelers of course! At least I sure hope so.

WOW girl...You must have danced your Steeler's dance....21 to 21....Amazing!!!
along-for-the-ride

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Look like we need some cheerleaders:

Watch Best cheerleading compilation funny video, funniest home movie & youtube video clip at Funatico!
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
ZAP

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by ZAP »

Peg;1350831 wrote: The Steelers of course! At least I sure hope so.

Woo Hoo!! Were you dancin'? I was and yelling and screaming and about to have a heart attack. My girlfriend in Pittsburgh said she could hear me all the way from Las Vegas.

GO STEELERS!!!!
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Congratulations to all of the Steeler's fans...Job well done by both teams.

Spectacular game !!

Attached files
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

ZAP;1350841 wrote:

Woo Hoo!! Were you dancin'? I was and yelling and screaming and about to have a heart attack. My girlfriend in Pittsburgh said she could hear me all the way from Las Vegas.

GO STEELERS!!!!

I heard you and Peg also Zap...all the way in Noo Joisey...woo hoo !!

Attached files
Peg

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Peg »

What a game! And the ending was spectacular!
ZAP

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by ZAP »

Peg;1350846 wrote: What a game! And the ending was spectacular!

And a nail-biter! I scared my friend's dog in the last 10 minutes. Rio ran and hid.

Now we can go out , have dinner and listen to some Jazz.
binbag

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by binbag »

Trying to pull the hair out of my shiny baldy head that has not one single fluffy hair on it to pull whilst attempting to successfully burn an ISO image to a cd.

Ah, that feels muuuuch better, thanks for the thread Kathy Ellen.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

binbag;1350853 wrote: Trying to pull the hair out of my shiny baldy head that has not one single fluffy hair on it to pull whilst attempting to successfully burn an ISO image to a cd.

Ah, that feels muuuuch better, thanks for the thread Kathy Ellen.

bb

Ahhhh, thanks Binbag:-6 for posting in my thread. Love your smiley:wah:

Let's make this thread a fun one, just to post our everyday events with lots of silliness or heartbreaks or even.....'nothingness...' I like that made-up word.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I feel so good tonight. I'm working hard to complete some projects during the next 2 weeks, and my neighbors from school, who live in my town, dragged me over to their home...by bike..mind you! a few blocks away, for some drinks and tucker today.

Wow, I just love having friends like that. They're still partying over the Steeler's victory, or crying for our Ravens, and I'm glad that they included me in their party. I kept telling them that I couldn't go, and they wouldn't hear it:-4

That's what friends are for....:-6
spot

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by spot »

I'm configuring a very old computer to use the Internet. Really really old. Pre-2000.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1350875 wrote: I'm configuring a very old computer to use the Internet. Really really old. Pre-2000.

Hi Spot,

I really envy the fact that you can configure any computer...good on ya!

A favor please before I email TS. I spoke with Carla about a problem I'm having and was just going to pm you. Carla couldn't find my thread also and thought it best to let you and TS know.

I've posted a problem that I have in post #7 in this thread. When you have a chance, would you take a look, and tell me if I'm going crazy here?

Thanks....
fuzzywuzzy

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Typing on forum garden, listening to flood warnings and uploading a video. Sipping on a can of Woodstock, washing clothes and looking at the weather contemplating whether to send one of the boys out to mow the lawns. :)
spot

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1350880 wrote: I've posted a problem that I have in post #7 in this thread. When you have a chance, would you take a look, and tell me if I'm going crazy here?

Thanks....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ght-2.html
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1350883 wrote: Typing on forum garden, listening to flood warnings and uploading a video. I skype with an old mucker who's living not far from Point Danger, he seems to have avoided the more lethal aspects of the weather. Goodness knows how he copes with the snakes and such though.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1350885 wrote: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ght-2.html

Wooza..thank you Spot. But, how would have I found it???? Will it disappear again?
spot

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1350888 wrote: Wooza..thank you Spot. But, how would have I found it???? Will it disappear again?

It never went anywhere but I have my doubts about the integrity of vBulletin's text indexing and search functions. I googled 'cybered Donegal site:forumgarden.com'.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzywuzzy;1350883 wrote: Typing on forum garden, listening to flood warnings and uploading a video. Sipping on a can of Woodstock, washing clothes and looking at the weather contemplating whether to send one of the boys out to mow the lawns. :)

Oh Fuzzy. I'm so sorry about all the floods within your country. What's going on with our weather? Now, there's so much destruction with floods in Brazil.

Get those kids out to mow the lawn:wah:

errr..what's a can of woodstock?
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1350889 wrote: It never went anywhere but I have my doubts about the integrity of vBulletin's text indexing and search functions. I googled 'cybered Donegal site:forumgarden.com'.

Wow....I didn't think of that Spot. That's wonderful. Thanks so much for finding my thread.

But, I hope that my thread can be found within FG.

Thanks so much !!!
koan

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by koan »

contemplating my to do list. sometimes the most productive thing is to take a short break.
spot

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by spot »

koan;1350893 wrote: contemplating my to do list. sometimes the most productive thing is to take a short break.

I bet that 24 hour administrative ban would work, you know.
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Spot and Koan,

Neither the thread or post showed up that I just posted in my Donegal thread that you pulled up...oy vey
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

koan;1350893 wrote: contemplating my to do list. sometimes the most productive thing is to take a short break.

I feel the same way Koan.. I have 15 important things to do on my list before Tuesday, and I'm only on #6...oy vey...
fuzzywuzzy

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Kathy Ellen;1350890 wrote: Oh Fuzzy. I'm so sorry about all the floods within your country. What's going on with our weather? Now, there's so much destruction with floods in Brazil.

Get those kids out to mow the lawn:wah:

errr..what's a can of woodstock?

Woodstock bourbon and coke ...I got a six pack for free so I may as well drink it . Not normally my cup of tea .

Actually about hte weather? meteooligists have looked back in the records and it's happened just like this before......just a cycle. Just makes you wonder how people coped 100 years ago.

and the rain coming down again has saved the boys for another day ......they're happy. (grumble mumble)
koan

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by koan »

spot;1350896 wrote: I bet that 24 hour administrative ban would work, you know.

hehe. I have that in mind. I'm more taking a break from the RL things and waiting for a green light.
fuzzywuzzy

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1350886 wrote: I skype with an old mucker who's living not far from Point Danger, he seems to have avoided the more lethal aspects of the weather. Goodness knows how he copes with the snakes and such though.

Apparently snakes were trying to escape the waters and were joining residents on their roof tops. Has your friend been cut off at all?
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzywuzzy;1350901 wrote: Woodstock bourbon and coke ...I got a six pack for free so I may as well drink it . Not normally my cup of tea .

Actually about hte weather? meteooligists have looked back in the records and it's happened just like this before......just a cycle. Just makes you wonder how people coped 100 years ago.

and the rain coming down again has saved the boys for another day ......they're happy. (grumble mumble)

Hello Megan,

It's wonderful to see you:-6

Never heard of Woodstock bourbon...is it good or does it give you a mega headache?:wah:

Have you read Jean Auel's books about the Earth children? Jean's extensive research has only confirmed, for me, the fact that our Earth has always gone through mega, climatic changes.

Check out her site if you haven't read her books. Sadly, her last book will be coming out this March.

Jean M. Auel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
fuzzywuzzy

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OOhhhh I'll check that out thanks.

Seems to be headache free...........at the moment lol lol

I'm about to begin a book about the builders labouers federation, I don't know about America but I think we'll see the rise of unions again within the next ten years.
fuzzywuzzy

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

PS wonderful to see you too...:-4:-6
Kathy Ellen

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good Night to all of my sweet FG friends...

Sleep tight and sweet dreams...:-4

I truly had a wonderful night tonight catching up with friends...

Thank you:-4

Peg

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Peg »

I'm just playing around on facebook, dreading going to work later today.
ZAP

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by ZAP »

I had brunch in a restaurant that had a lot of people with Steeler shirts on. I talked to a couple of them. Right friendly people they are. :-6 Today I have a roof repair going on by a handyman I was lucky enough to find in the little local paper esterday. He is so talented and good, and inexpensive--$10.00 an hour--and he does tons of work. Knows how to do everything and does it well. Tonight I may go to see Lena Prima, daughter of Louis Prima at the Suncoast.
Betty Boop

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Betty Boop »

Suffering with back ache from too much study!! Only seem to be comfortable when lying in bed. Spent the day dealing with washing, ironing, cooking a roast and printing out coursework. Last day of freedom before term starts :thinking:
chonsigirl

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by chonsigirl »

Putterin' and going to sleep until 6 tomorrow!

Still piano lessons to give tomorrow and PT for the husband afterwards. That is getting to be very hard-it was tricky gettiing him down the stairs last week on the ice, he fell 3X and I had to catch him and pull him back up to standing position.
ZAP

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by ZAP »

chonsigirl;1351009 wrote: Putterin' and going to sleep until 6 tomorrow!

Still piano lessons to give tomorrow and PT for the husband afterwards. That is getting to be very hard-it was tricky gettiing him down the stairs last week on the ice, he fell 3X and I had to catch him and pull him back up to standing position.

Struggling in those icy conditions has to be awful. I know when I lived in Wyoming it was terrible, even when you didn't have an impairment to deal with.
Peg

Whatcha doin thread....

Post by Peg »

I cleaned the kitchen and now I'm thinking about other things I should be doing but thinking about it made me too tired to do any of it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”