ForumGarden Moving to a New Server!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
koan

Post by koan »

I'm thinking that, if I hurry, the faster speeds will allow me to win first place in some of the arcade games... at least for a day.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

spot;1350273 wrote: Have you checked your current setting for Default Thread Subscription Mode under Settings / General Settings?

it is set to instantly through email
koan

Post by koan »

I'll confirm that I'm not getting notifications via instant email either. Good thing I'm vigilant.
spot

Post by spot »

V.odd. My email notifications haven't missed a beat and the subscriptions all show up.

I'll think.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350279 wrote: I'll confirm that I'm not getting notifications via instant email either. Good thing I'm vigilant.

There is a term I havent herd in a while not since my old AD&D days with my lvl 22 paladin/ lvl 16 cleric of Helm "the vigilant one". It was set in the R.A. Salvatore "Forgoten Realms" campaing. Though I am neither getting the email , or the threads added to the list of threads in the "my subscriptions list"
koan

Post by koan »

littleCJelkton;1350285 wrote: There is a term I havent herd in a while not since my old AD&D days with my lvl 22 paladin/ lvl 16 cleric of Helm "the vigilant one". It was set in the R.A. Salvatore "Forgoten Realms" campaing. Though I am neither getting the email , or the threads added to the list of threads in the "my subscriptions list"

You could probably add the ones you really care about manual if you roll higher than a 14 on a D20
koan

Post by koan »

... no modifier
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350289 wrote: ... no modifier

Well if there is no modifier I assume my 18 wisdom will alow me to make a check to see if there is some sort of enchantment on it not allowing modifiers. Speaking of enchantments where is a wizard or sorcerer when you need one.
koan

Post by koan »

You can check all you want. There is a counter spell at work that can only be overcome if you have charisma of 16.
koan

Post by koan »

... no particular reason it's charisma. It just sounded good and the DM is God.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350293 wrote: You can check all you want. There is a counter spell at work that can only be overcome if you have charisma of 16.

I am a lvl 22 paladin/lvl 16 cleric (I played this character for like 6 months which in D&D time amounts to years) I am going to have huge charisma and charisma bonuses to help turn/undead I have a 20 cha unmodified and 25 modified with my enchanted helm and amulet. on that note could be nice to start a D&D forum/thread type thing here would have to ask for a built in die roller and maping system. I have seen them around the net most of the free ones aren't great and the ones that you have the buy are like 30-40$. Oh and a chat system for more up to date GM to player interaction. Though I think the subsctiption fix should come first
koan

Post by koan »

Cool we have a few undead around here that need to be turned.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350297 wrote:
Cool we have a few undead around here that need to be turned.

What are they here right now? do i have to turn them before or after I perfom my check on the subscription? Please tell me it's something simple like a skeleton or zombie not a draco-litch or clan of vampires. Though It would be nice to wipe out the Twilight Saga clan.
koan

Post by koan »

We don't want to turn emo vampires. They are annihilate on sight.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350302 wrote: We don't want to turn emo vampires. They are annihilate on sight.

so I would assume I would use "smite evil". Though I would like to see a enchanted weapon that has a +4 to hit on emo vampires with an added 2d6 damage to emo vampires. Wait you said "We" not "you" is there more than just me here turning these Undead, smiting emo vampires, checking for enchantments on FG's "my subscriptions" programming script.
koan

Post by koan »

Emos have really low hit points due to a wish to self destruct.

Roll an 18 or higher on a D20 to find out if you know who "we" is.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

dammit!

I pulled out the old doceahedron for fun and got a 15 though modified with any of my attribute mods except for dex only +2 it is a 18 with Charisma and wisdom it is more
koan

Post by koan »

I only rolled a 10 in defense so...

You find out there is a leader with intense charisma and a luck charm that has thus far prevented infiltration by zombies that hover at the perimeters. He is protected by a huge ogre with an eye on both sides of his head. He has created the illusion of a perfect society but the charm is starting to wear off. The ogre is about to succeed with a campaign against the worms that have threatened their borders but the zombies lurk in the outskirts waiting to see if a hole is breached.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1350312 wrote: I only rolled a 10 in defense so...

You find out there is a leader with intense charisma and a luck charm that has thus far prevented infiltration by zombies that hover at the perimeters. He is protected by a huge ogre with an eye on both sides of his head. He has created the illusion of a perfect society but the charm is starting to wear off. The ogre is about to succeed with a campaign against the worms that have threatened their borders but the zombies lurk in the outskirts waiting to see if a hole is breached.

The perfect world leader doesn't sound too great as a follower's helm are all to aware of what Lathander did to create his perfect world causing the "time of troubles". And as a Paladin i despise the idea of even considering helping an Ogre, but I really do hate undead. I assume the worms come from the undead that or some strange dimented druid using a control animal charm/spell. Why all this is here by the "my subscription" programming script is another thing I am going to have to find out.
koan

Post by koan »

Yeah, I dislike helping him too but it's worth it to defeat Twilight.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

So its an enemy of my enemy is my friend thing until our mutual enemy is dead, then we can start fighting each other again
koan

Post by koan »

On the other hand, he can't help being an ogre. At least he has a good cause.
koan

Post by koan »

And he's got an eye on both sides of his head so, like, ... yay!
spot

Post by spot »

Warning... Topic drift...
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

So says you.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

spot;1350324 wrote: Warning... Topic drift...

Yeah well I still am waiting for the DM to tell me if i can make a check on the possible enchantment on the "my subscription" prorgramming thread or if I have to deal with the ogre, zombies, worms, or emo vampires first. Wait your not the Ogre are you?
koan

Post by koan »

Ogre alert! Abandon dice and try the manual subscriptions until further notice.
spot

Post by spot »

It distresses me that I knew what DM means.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

I have rolled a crit on finding the Max limit of threads aloud for a subscription is 19 and I have maxed out my subscrptions inventory with 19 now I can deal with this Ogre, the Zombies and those dreaded Emo Vamps
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

littleCJelkton;1350381 wrote: I have rolled a crit on finding the Max limit of threads aloud for a subscription is 19 and I have maxed out my subscrptions inventory with 19 now I can deal with this Ogre, the Zombies and those dreaded Emo Vamps

Never mind that was not the problem because I deleted a few threads and still dont get updates so it is back to manually subscribing.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

along-for-the-ride;1350211 wrote: I have been having problems uploading photos to my posts in the last couple days. There's a tiny red circle with an exclamation point in it that pops up.

winter_solstice.JPG53.1 KBX

Just saying.........

Bump

I still can't upload my pictures or photos like I use to be able to do to my posts. Somebody please help.

exclamation.png
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

along-for-the-ride;1350516 wrote: Bump

I still can't upload my pictures or photos like I use to be able to do to my posts. Somebody please help.

exclamation.png

Please go to settings.

then "general settings".

go to bottom of page.

turn off enhanced uploading.
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Okay...as an addendum. I changed the "enhanced uploader" from flash to java. Seems the flash is just too buggy.

So try it one more time. If it doesn't work...then change to "off".

Attached files
koan

Post by koan »

Is that a lamp or a Dali fire hydrant?

My attachment tool was working before but annoying for reasons not your fault.

Thankfully the java made the annoying parts go away. Lovely format the simple button thingy.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have trouble with change. I need more time than this to get comfortable. I implore you to let me stay with the old server and gradually work my way into the new one.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;1353126 wrote: I have trouble with change. I need more time than this to get comfortable. I implore you to let me stay with the old server and gradually work my way into the new one.

But that's where you are, dear boy. Nobody's told you the new FG location.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1353127 wrote: But that's where you are, dear boy. Nobody's told you the new FG location.

We just made the leap from begging for compassion to a full blown conspiracy. Not helpful.
I AM AWESOME MAN
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

koan;1350279 wrote: I'll confirm that I'm not getting notifications via instant email either. Good thing I'm vigilant.

I am still not getting e-mail notifications, no matter what I do to the settings!

Return to “News and Announcements”