The arcade is malfunctioning !!!!!!

Talk about the Arcade here. Discuss tournaments, games, and anything that makes your trigger finger twitch.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

When a game is completed and the player presses the 'submit' button, they are taken straight to the 'Forum' front page !!!!!!!! The score is not recorded, thus producing several frustrated members, particularly when they have got the 'High Score' in a game.

This problem has been on-going for several days now, so is it not going to be sorted out?

As far as I can remember, this problem has not occurred before and seems to have become apparent when certain changes have been made lately, like having a moderator gofur ? Or starting a thread for infraction discussions ?

Please try to repair the arcade.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

G#Gill;1349698 wrote: When a game is completed and the player presses the 'submit' button, they are taken straight to the 'Forum' front page !!!!!!!! The score is not recorded, thus producing several frustrated members, particularly when they have got the 'High Score' in a game.

This problem has been on-going for several days now, so is it not going to be sorted out?

As far as I can remember, this problem has not occurred before and seems to have become apparent when certain changes have been made lately, like having a moderator gofur ? Or starting a thread for infraction discussions ?

Please try to repair the arcade.

Sure it had. Back in June 2010 after the site was updated. TS was notified back then and repaired the problem with the arcade. :-6

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/probl ... cores.html

Arcade withdrawal must be just as tuff for some as stopping smoking is for others. :yh_nailbi

Have patience. It'll be fixed again, one day! :p
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I did say 'as far as I can remember', which is obviously not as far as I thought ! Thank you for the reminder, though. I have still got a smoke-free home and that is 12 weeks now ! But truly I am not addicted to the arcade here, but I do know of some members who will be missing it, and being tardy in repairing whatever has gone wrong is not very kind, is it?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It appears that the arcade is still unuseable ?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Quite frankly I don't really think those that can sort this problem out, care much about doing anything about it ! The arcade has been out of action for a week, so what is the point of having a facility if it cannot be used ???? Sorry but it seems that, well I've said it all before, so I will shut up.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Quite Frankly you are wrong Gill everyone is aware and attempting to figure the problem out. It's not a matter of life or death and will be fixed as soon as possible. We are aware and working on it and will advise all when its up and running.

In the interim you may see it go down totally until the problem is resolved, just a heads up. Thank you,..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

G#Gill;1349750 wrote: I did say 'as far as I can remember', which is obviously not as far as I thought ! Thank you for the reminder, though. I have still got a smoke-free home and that is 12 weeks now ! But truly I am not addicted to the arcade here, but I do know of some members who will be missing it, and being tardy in repairing whatever has gone wrong is not very kind, is it?

Good on you for your smoke free home and sticking with it! :-6

Without the arcade working, just think of the RL things that can be accomplished, until it's repaired.

And, if some members are missing it that badly, have them use the "contact us" button and make a report. Those still go directly to TS.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

CARLA;1349929 wrote: Quite Frankly you are wrong Gill everyone is aware and attempting to figure the problem out. It's not a matter of life or death and will be fixed as soon as possible. We are aware and working on it and will advise all when its up and running.

In the interim you may see it go down totally until the problem is resolved, just a heads up. Thank you,..

I was just thinking of other members who enjoy the arcade. I, personally, can take it or leave it. I feel a little concerned because when the arcade had a hiccup before, it only took a couple of days to sort it ! I had forgotten that the arcade went down a while ago, but Mustang reminded me. :yh_bigsmi
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Mustang;1349938 wrote: Good on you for your smoke free home and sticking with it! :-6

Without the arcade working, just think of the RL things that can be accomplished, until it's repaired.

And, if some members are missing it that badly, have them use the "contact us" button and make a report. Those still go directly to TS.

I believe that some members have already done this ! :yh_eyerol But so far no reaction.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh gawd................................... my son and hubby are now intermittently saying 'The arcade is malfunctioning !' followed by much laughter. My hubby even said it in a 'Dalek' voice ! :wah:

YouTube - Doctor Who Classic Scene Re-Creation: Genesis of the Daleks-The Daleks exterminate Davros
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

Would someone please check whether the score saving is now back to normal?

Is it best for scores to expire after a month or would players prefer to have a different duration?

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

FG;1349964 wrote: Would someone please check whether the score saving is now back to normal?

Is it best for scores to expire after a month or would players prefer to have a different duration?

Nope, still not scoring. Takes you back to the forums when trying to score.

IMO, a one month expiration time is fine.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

No, it is not saving. I played Bejeweld, you hit submit, and it goes to the forum page.

Save top scores for the month. (my vote)
FG-administator

Okay, I found another setting - "If users complain about timeout-errors, increase this value a little".

Was anyone getting timeout errors?

I've just put the value to something high, could we check again whether scores are registering now?

☎|||||||||||

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

FG;1349969 wrote: Okay, I found another setting - "If users complain about timeout-errors, increase this value a little".

Was anyone getting timeout errors?

I've just put the value to something high, could we check again whether scores are registering now?

No error messages at all.

No, it still won't score, takes you right back to the forums when you try to score.
FG-administator

Another check please? And I apologize if I just threw anyone off a game with that last reset.

☎|||||||||||

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Not working for me
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

FG-administator

Mended now, is it?

☎|||||||||||

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Yes but don't tell anyone else for an hour or so.... I want to go in and get all the high scores!:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

No, it just doesn't submit you score, but not a redirection to the forum page. Just a page that says no score is submitted.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

It also now leaves duplicate scores, so your names appears twice-like I have a 2nd and 3rd place on collapse.
FG-administator

That might have been a setting I tried earlier. I'll switch it back to where it was but if things go back to where they were, tell me.

I'd said save all scores for a user instead of just the user's high score so that makes sense. It's off again now.

☎|||||||||||

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

chonsigirl;1349985 wrote: It also now leaves duplicate scores, so your names appears twice-like I have a 2nd and 3rd place on collapse.

It's showing your old score(decembers) and your new one(today)

If you play again will it leave a third?

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

nope, it doesn't on mine.

what if we go in and clear scores?

FG-administator

flopstock;1349989 wrote: nope, it doesn't on mine.

what if we go in and clear scores?

Don't look at me, my religion forbids me to go in there and play.

☎|||||||||||

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

FG;1349990 wrote: Don't look at me, my religion forbids me to go in there and play.

I got rid of all the old scores, so folks will need to get in there and play.

I won't even touch my favorite til tomorrow so someone else can have first in it for a while...:sneaky::wah:

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you Mr. FG and Mr. spot, both of you:yh_rotfl It looks as if you may have sorted the arcade out. Yes I agree with 1 month and scores are wiped - I think that was how it was anyway, wasn't it?

On behalf of all the arcade addicts, thank you once again. :-6

Return to “Arcade Discussions”