Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

A place to discuss all things radio. Shortwave, Amateur Radio, Digital Radio, Collecting, Current Programs, SDR's, and more.
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

Well, it's all happened tonight. My word yes. Tonight's edition finished eight minutes ago.

The Archers 60th anniversary: Apocalypse Ambridge isn't the script.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

Oh - the Oo-Ar bit, for those who don't know the area...

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby! Oo-ar, oo-ar, oo-ar!

They've been Local Heros, those guys, since lord knows when. They were young when they started.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

For those who missed it and don't mind spoilers, Hellin got whisked in for a Cesarean and Nigel looks like he's about to spend the next sixty years in a wheelchair.

Of Hellin it is often asked these days whether one can get a babyseat for a broomstick.

Nigel deserves every minute of what's coming to him, brainless bloody toff.

Cognoscenti might wonder why anyone ever marries Shula or Elizabeth, since the only subsequent thing worse than death is survival.
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

Just occasionally the Newsgroups provide a perfect moment. This was posted a few minutes before the broadcast started...

spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

I seem to be pushing this thread entirely on my own for some reason.

Bruv

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by Bruv »

spot;1349343 wrote: I seem to be pushing this thread entirely on my own for some reason.

The 'Reason'? everybody knows who or what The Archers are, but nobody listens anymore, or very few compared to the glory days.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

Bruv;1349346 wrote: nobody listens anymore, or very few compared to the glory days.You'll pardon the observation but the Light Programme was one of only three radio stations in the UK back then so there was scarcely what you'd call competition - just Jack de Manio, MC and Bar, on the Home Service and that German Woman with the piano on the Third. Dame Myra Hess, that was her. How many television sets do you think the country possessed back then, with only one channel available?

I did watch a little TV this morning, I saw what I take to have been several American music artists who rather impressed me. Cee-Lo Green was one of them; once he relaxed he sang very effectively though he gave the appearance of someone academy-trained rather than dragged screaming out of the Sprawl though I may of course be misreading his presentation. And Vampire Weekend. Very proper.
spot

Ambridge. Oo-Ar.

Post by spot »

Here we are - tomorrow's national posh-newspaper headlines.

The Archers: Ambridge does disaster | The Guardian

Return to “General Radio”