Life down on the farm ......the reality

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Warning if you are a vegan, Vegetarian, Animal rights activist, a member of PETA, or...if you are just offended generally .......Do not read on I make no apologies for my lifestyle or general activities.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

This is Pete and Woody. They look like this now.

Next week I shall take another pic and they'll look ......well ....a little different. :)

BTS

Post by BTS »

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hee he heeeee that was funny......pork belly in plum sauce .....yummmmmm.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I think it is very healthy to remember that we eat meat, and that meat used to be a living animal. The movie Temple Grandin did a great job of illustrating how we can love animals and still be omnivores.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Dirty Jobs just had an episode where he shot the cow and dressed it, then they went back to the shop and chopped it up. Nasty looking innards.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I love that show "dirty jobs"

In the truck.

Going to their timely deaths

I pick them up Friday....preparing seasoning. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Accountable I've loved (in an animal way) every animal I've raised from calf to lamb to chicks to piglets. I appreciate their existence and when I say 'Grace' I think of them . They have sustained myself and my family ....how can I not give them thanks? It's always horrified me that people in the cities think of meat as something you buy in a shop (another words ...it had no life and no existence) that's horrifying to me . My ex ate the meat I raised and had slaughtered for him ...YOu know what he said ?, He couldn't eat anything that he had looked in the eye. So apparently meat just came out of thin air . I wasn't allowed to say which one of the lambs we were eating.....that sucks because I could tell which one, by size etc.

My 15 year old helped me raise these pigs for one reason only . These pigs will keep him sustained for over a year .......he was to make sure they lived a good life (he'll do a better job next time ) But at least he tried I guess, and knows that these guys loved him . (in a piggy kind of way.)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I guess our way of thinking is fading away, Fuzz. That's a shame, because it really gives an appreciation for life and the interdependence of it all. It seems that people today just have a fear of death, and want to grab all they can before it catches them.
Peg

Post by Peg »

fuzzywuzzy;1349612 wrote: Accountable I've loved (in an animal way) every animal I've raised from calf to lamb to chicks to piglets. I appreciate their existence and when I say 'Grace' I think of them . They have sustained myself and my family ....how can I not give them thanks? It's always horrified me that people in the cities think of meat as something you buy in a shop (another words ...it had no life and no existence) that's horrifying to me . My ex ate the meat I raised and had slaughtered for him ...YOu know what he said ?, He couldn't eat anything that he had looked in the eye. So apparently meat just came out of thin air . I wasn't allowed to say which one of the lambs we were eating.....that sucks because I could tell which one, by size etc.

My 15 year old helped me raise these pigs for one reason only . These pigs will keep him sustained for over a year .......he was to make sure they lived a good life (he'll do a better job next time ) But at least he tried I guess, and knows that these guys loved him . (in a piggy kind of way.)

My husband tried raising rabbits for food. I named them all and told him I couldn't eat anything I personally knew. He gave them away. LOL

Return to “General Chit Chat”