Edinburgh, Scotland

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
K.Snyder

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by K.Snyder »

My girlfriend has been to quite alot of major cities on almost every continent and she's told me on a number of occasions how Edinburgh is her favorite. Out of Spain, France, and America among others she'd rather visit Scotland again...

She says the people are incredibly warm and are very accepting of women there...

I do suppose we may visit some time in the near future if anyone is keen to join us...

:yh_wink
gmc

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by gmc »

K.Snyder;1343875 wrote: My girlfriend has been to quite alot of major cities on almost every continent and she's told me on a number of occasions how Edinburgh is her favorite. Out of Spain, France, and America among others she'd rather visit Scotland again...

She says the people are incredibly warm and are very accepting of women there...

I do suppose we may visit some time in the near future if anyone is keen to join us...

Don't let the kilts fool you just because our national dress is a skirt doesn't mean we wouldn't be accepting of women here. Just never ask an Edinburgh resident how they like the new trams.

Royal Mile, Edinburgh streaming webcam, Edinburgh, Scotland
kazalala

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by kazalala »

gmc;1343890 wrote: Don't let the kilts fool you just because our national dress is a skirt doesn't mean we wouldn't be accepting of women here. Just never ask an Edinburgh resident how they like the new trams.

Royal Mile, Edinburgh streaming webcam, Edinburgh, Scotland
thats great GMC! i had a look at belushi bar one as well and there was a man and woman having a drink and a chat,, i was thinking wow,, they are just sitting there having a chat and little do they know a woman in sunderland is sat watching them through her computer!!!:wah::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by kazalala »

heres our beach!!!

Sunderland City Council : Roker Beach Webcam

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
LarsMac

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by LarsMac »

I would love to go to Edinburgh, some day.

My Great grandfather came from there in 1885.

I loved to listen to him tell stories of Scotland, even though I could hardly understand half what he said, he was quite fascinating.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
buttercup

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;1343875 wrote: My girlfriend has been to quite alot of major cities on almost every continent and she's told me on a number of occasions how Edinburgh is her favorite. Out of Spain, France, and America among others she'd rather visit Scotland again...

If you plan on seeing a bit more of Scotland than just Edinburgh there's a spare room here for you both for a couple of nights, i'm in the North East.
gmc

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1358897 wrote: If you plan on seeing a bit more of Scotland than just Edinburgh there's a spare room here for you both for a couple of nights, i'm in the North East.

You forgot to ask "of scotland" you will confuse those poor english people reading this who think the northeast is where the geordies live.
Bruv

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by Bruv »

kazalala;1343913 wrote: heres our beach!!!

Sunderland City Council : Roker Beach Webcam

gmc;1358902 wrote: You forgot to ask "of scotland" you will confuse those poor english people reading this who think the northeast is where the geordies live.

Who lives there then ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1358910 wrote: Who lives there then ?

Teuchters. Some of them speak a stange language called doric.
buttercup

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by buttercup »

Should i greet them at the door with

fous yer dous loun an quine, gie's a bosie?

pronounced - foos yer doos loon and quine, geez a bozzee
gmc

Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1359809 wrote: Should i greet them at the door with

fous yer dous loun an quine, gie's a bosie?

pronounced - foos yer doos loon and quine, geez a bozzee

How about the traditional Ye'll hae had your tea?

Return to “Scotland”