Prayer Requests.

Discuss the Christian Faith.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Hi

I've opened up this Prayer Request thread for anyone who, like me, believes in the power of prayer.

There's a few people I know who’ve been in need of a prayer or two and this is just the place I could have posted them.

Be it marital, financial, illness, or any of the many other problems experienced in life, all that is required is a mention that a relative, a friend, yourself even, or simply somebody you've heard of who is experiencing a problem or difficulty and is in need of a prayer. No need for names.

Unless you particularly want to post a prayer in response to a request, just a short reply acknowledging the prayer request has been read is all that's required.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

A good friend of mine I’ve known since childhood is in desperate need of prayers for his partner and himself.

His partner’s suffering from Alzheimer's. Not surprisingly he’s finding it very difficult to cope. He loves her deeply, looks after and cares for her, doing everything that’s required of him, and I mean everything.

She’s confused, attempting to run away on several occasions, and is desperate to go back to her “family” home to see her mum, but her family have all gone now. He’s tried his best to explain that to her, even taking her to the old family home to show her they’ve all gone.

As is the case with many confused Alzheimer sufferers, it was to no avail.

One of the side issues that compound his problems is that they live in a flat where the neighbour above them has modern wooden paneling flooring. Naturally noise penetrates the boards and the neighbour likes to bounce a ball off the floor for their dog to catch.

He’s spoken nicely to them explaining his partner’s condition however the response he got was “well there’s nothing I can do about the noise”.

What I’m very concerned about at the moment is that my friend is very near the edge, likely to explode and act out of character if anyone says the wrong thing to him.

He’s mentioned a few times he’s going to take a swipe at those above him and be prepared to go to jail for it.

To put it mildly, he’s clearly at the end of his tether.

I’d really appreciate it if you would keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for reading.

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

They are both in my thoughts. Please explain to him if he goes to jail, she will be on her own and unsafe.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1343385 wrote: They are both in my thoughts. Please explain to him if he goes to jail, she will be on her own and unsafe.Thanks Peg.

I've already mentioned that to him, but your reply is a timely reminder for me to bring it into the conversion the next time he brings the subject up again.

We'll be in touch over the week-end as I like to contact him at least once a week.

He does phone me, in fact he phoned me at 11:15pm during the week, just for a chat, but to be honest he really doesn't know what day of the week it as times. His days are very busy looking after his partner. It's a full time job for him taking care of her.

He gets a break two days a week when a professional carer takes her out for a couple of hours each visit, but he's still under a lot of strain.

My wife and I really do feel so sorry for both of them, so I thank you again.

bb

[/FONT]
Ted

Prayer Requests.

Post by Ted »

binbag

They are in my prayers.

Shalom

Ted
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Ted;1343472 wrote: binbag

They are in my prayers.

Shalom

Ted

Thank you Ted. I appreciate that, and for taking the time to reply.

bb

[/FONT]
koan

Prayer Requests.

Post by koan »

A prayer for the living.

I recently read a poem that my living daughter wrote in memory of my dead son. She lamented that God could do something so cruel to her mommy. I had recently been thinking about Noah and how I don't think of him very often anymore even though it's only been about a year and I haven't scattered his ashes yet, and don't want to yet, I still have his little hand and footprints that the hospital gave me from his corpse after I gave birth to him. I don't have to be thinking of him all the time to remember that I loved him.

I don't blame God for taking him. I'm thankful that I had the idea of him at all and the reminder of how precious life is. I'm thankful for the ability to keep on living and to focus on those that are alive with me instead of endlessly mourning for the lost.

It is a beautiful thing when a life is saved but it is also a beautiful thing to remember that even when people we love die, there are lots of other people left who still need our love and attention.

I offer up a prayer for the survivors of loss, that they can keep themselves in the world of the living and keep their faith that there is meaning in the world.
Ted

Prayer Requests.

Post by Ted »

koan:

AMEN

I lost a baby sister when I was about 5-6. She was born with spina bifida. She lived for about 4-5 weeks but with all the surgeries she could not survive. I can fully appreciate your daughter's and your loss. My mother never got over that.

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings

Ted
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

koan;1345471 wrote: A prayer for the living.

I recently read a poem that my living daughter wrote in memory of my dead son. She lamented that God could do something so cruel to her mommy. I had recently been thinking about Noah and how I don't think of him very often anymore even though it's only been about a year and I haven't scattered his ashes yet, and don't want to yet, I still have his little hand and footprints that the hospital gave me from his corpse after I gave birth to him. I don't have to be thinking of him all the time to remember that I loved him.

I don't blame God for taking him. I'm thankful that I had the idea of him at all and the reminder of how precious life is. I'm thankful for the ability to keep on living and to focus on those that are alive with me instead of endlessly mourning for the lost.

It is a beautiful thing when a life is saved but it is also a beautiful thing to remember that even when people we love die, there are lots of other people left who still need our love and attention.

I offer up a prayer for the survivors of loss, that they can keep themselves in the world of the living and keep their faith that there is meaning in the world.

koan, that's the most beautiful and inspirational prayer request I've read in a long time. It's been an honour to read it.

I join Ted in keeping you in my prayers.

Just a note, I converted a rather nice a 6"x4" scent box my wife no longer uses and made it into a small prayer box.

Each time I receive a request I write it down on a little peace of paper and pop it into the box via a small opening I made on the lid.

Every time I pass the box I've found it to be a reminder to keep in mind the people, and their issues, whose names are mentioned on these little pieces of paper.

I mention it only to let you know you'll be continually in mind.

Best wishes.

bb

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Here’s a request for a chap who had to have part of his tongue removed as it was cancerous. After the cancer was cut out, the surgeon sowed his tongue to his cheek to help it heal.

Now, after a few months and after his stitches were removed, the cancer has returned.

He has to go back to hospital for nine days of chemo.

He’s in a lot of pain, cannot speak and can only eat liquid food.

I can’t imagine the despair and pain he’s suffering.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Thanks.

bb

[/FONT]
along-for-the-ride

Prayer Requests.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

A Christmas Prayer

by Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father,

Help us remember the birth of Jesus,

that we may share in the song of the angels,

the gladness of the shepherds,

and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate

and open the door of love all over the world.

Let kindness come with every gift

and good desires with every greeting.

Deliver us from evil by the blessing

which Christ brings,

and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning

make us happy to be thy children,

and Christmas evening bring us to our beds

with grateful thoughts,

forgiving and forgiven,

for Jesus' sake.

Amen.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

binbag;1346423 wrote: Here’s a request for a chap who had to have part of his tongue removed as it was cancerous. After the cancer was cut out, the surgeon sowed his tongue to his cheek to help it heal.

Now, after a few months and after his stitches were removed, the cancer has returned.

He has to go back to hospital for nine days of chemo.

He’s in a lot of pain, cannot speak and can only eat liquid food.

I can’t imagine the despair and pain he’s suffering.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Thanks.

bb

Makes me ashamed to ever feel sorry for myself. :(
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

A beautiful prayer AFTR, well worth posting for us all to read.

Peg,.....your thought. I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks again Ladies. :yh_flower :yh_flower

bb

[/FONT]
koan

Prayer Requests.

Post by koan »

bb,

I pray for your friend, that he finds recovery and that he realises that a tongue isn't essential to expressing his voice. There are many ways to affect the world around you and people don't listen well enough to make tongues a valuable tool anyway. I pray that he discovers a new voice and new way to interact positively with the world around him.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

I never thought of that angle koan, I'm impressed.

You're very positive in your thoughts; you also have a good way with words.

:-6

Thank you.

bb

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Hi there,

This is a prayer request for my daughter-in-law who receives medication for severe depression.

At times she will skip the medication resulting in her mood fluctuating from fairly stable to sever dark periods.

The last last dark period, a few summers ago, she simply took off one evening. She was eventually discovered the next day sitting in a bus station thirty miles away.

Last night, in bitterly cold weather conditions with snow and ice on the ground, she took off once again.

As I type, there's been no contact from her and we cannot contact the police for twenty four hours from when she was last seen.

At this stage my son is coping very well. My fourteen year old grandson and eleven year old granddaughter are aware of what's happened; they are only just coping.

The younger two grandchildren, a boy and a girl, are not aware of the situation just yet.

This morning my son gave them their breakfast as normal, got them ready and took them to school. However, if she has not made contact or been found before they return from school this afternoon my son will have to tell them something of why mum's not at home.

The youngest boy is still suffering (as do the other three children) from the last episode, but he was the one who took it the hardest.

They all took about a year to get over it.

This is going to effect them for the rest of their lives in one way or another.

Please can I ask you to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, sincerely.

bb.

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Update regarding the above prayer request for my daughter-in-law.

The 24 hour deadline for contacting the police has passed. They were informed, and came to my son's house, searched it and the garden plus surrounding area.

They took away a recent photograph of her and are passing a copy to all police stations within approx a 50 mile radius.

My 11 year old granddaughter said to her dad she thinks mummy is dead.

So sad, please if you read this, continue to pray for the entire family.

* There's still a chance she may be with someone she knows.

bb

[/FONT]
flopstock

Prayer Requests.

Post by flopstock »

sending positive thoughts your way, bb
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

flopstock;1347585 wrote: sending positive thoughts your way, bb Thank you so much flopstock. :yh_flower

bb

[/FONT]
Ted

Prayer Requests.

Post by Ted »

binbag

You and your family are in my prayers. I know where you are at as my mother also suffered from severe depression. I too suffer from severe depression but for the last several years paxil and webutrin have worked very well. That poor woman is suffering hell on earth. It is a terrible illness.

Been there and done that. Please keep us informed.

Shalom

Ted
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Hi,

This is the first chance I've had to come back in to FG.

My son posted a note in my daughter-in-law's facebook page next to her photo asking her friends to continue to keep a lookout for her.

One of her friend's friend who'd met the d-i-l just a couple of times spotted the message and contacted the friend to say she saw d-i-l pacing up and down inside one of the city's bus stations. The d-i-l 's friend then phoned my son with the news. He in turn contacted his local police station, who were involved in the search, and they informed the city police.

Two city police officers were sent immediately to the bus station, confirmed it actually was her, and took her back to their station.

They contacted my son's local police station who sent out a car to collect her and bring her home.

She arrived home two hours ago, so we're all naturally very relieved.

She hasn't said all that much yet other than to say she had booked herself into a B&B and spent the days wandering around the city.

We discovered she'd not been taking her medication and had not taken any with her.

I was a bit perturbed when she didn't acknowledge the children when she arrived home. I guess it must be her state of mind.

All rather sad, but we're relieved she's safe and home again.

My son incidentally, managed to arrange an emergency appointment with their doctor.

I'll let you know the outcome.

In the meantime I want to thank you all for your replies and your kind words of comfort, I can't tell you how much I appreciate them.

It's refreshing to know how kind and caring some members of FG prove to be.

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

I am so glad she was found safe.
Ted

Prayer Requests.

Post by Ted »

binbag

That is good news. Amen.

Shalom

Ted
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

A friend of mine's 5 year old grandson has to have surgery due to pnuemonia.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1349250 wrote: A friend of mine's 5 year old grandson has to have surgery due to pnuemonia. Peg, my wife and I will certainly pray for your little grandson. I'll also place your request in my prayer box.

Sorry for delay in replying, I haven't managed into FG for a couple of days.

You and your family are in our thoughts also.

Regards.

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

Thanks binbag, but it is a friend's grandson. Poor kid is not doing real well. He is swelling and the pain pills seem to have the opposite affect.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1349415 wrote: Thanks binbag, but it is a friend's grandson. Poor kid is not doing real well. He is swelling and the pain pills seem to have the opposite affect.Sorry about that Peg, I don't know why I slipped up there.

I hope he pulls through and becomes a healthy little child again.

His parents must be so worried.

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

They are putting in a pic(not sure how it's spelled) line and possibly a feeding tube in today. :(
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

My 27 year old niece is having back surgery in less than 1/2 an hour. Please prayer for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1349923 wrote: My 27 year old niece is having back surgery in less than 1/2 an hour. Please prayer for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Peg I've just just come back into FG, and spotted your prayer request.

I pray God guides the surgeon's hand as he operates on your niece's back and that he has a successful recovery.

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

Surgery went well. They expect it to help her a lot.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1349934 wrote: Surgery went well. They expect it to help her a lot.

That's good to hear Peg.

Let's hope the healing process is very successful without complications arising.

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

This is from an email I received requesting prayers for the "M" family and particularly for "C". Their beloved "T" has just passed away.

Please keep them in your thoughts.

Thank you to you for taking the time to read this request. :-6

bb

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Please pray for the "J" family as J’s brother and wife have just passed away.

I realize there's very little information, but I'm sure you'll agree that that's ok as far as God's concerned.

Thanks again.

bb.

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

No more information required. They're all in my thoughts and prayers.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1350251 wrote: No more information required. They're all in my thoughts and prayers.Aaah, good old dependable Peg. :yh_flower

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

A friend of mine's mother is having surgery Thursday and is asking for prayers.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1350411 wrote: A friend of mine's mother is having surgery Thursday and is asking for prayers.Hi Peg,

I spotted your request yesterday but I'm sorry, I just didn't have the time to log-in.

Please be assured though, I did take a note of it.

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

I could use a few prayers right about now. The pain in my left knee, right ankle, and back has been horrible the past two days because of the rheumatoid arthritis. I can usually handle it, but not today.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1350607 wrote: I could use a few prayers right about now. The pain in my left knee, right ankle, and back has been horrible the past two days because of the rheumatoid arthritis. I can usually handle it, but not today.Ouch, that sounds so painful. I pray you have the strength to cope with the arthritis until the pain eases and disappears.

All the best.

bb

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Please pray for "Y's"daughter. She had a severe epileptic seizure at work. She was alone in the office, fell off her chair and had a lot of convulsions on floor. Her face is is in a terrible mess.

She had a brain scan which came back all clear but, her face needs plastic surgery.

"Y" is asking for prayers for these brain seizures to be to be healed and finally stopped.

Thanks.

bb

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

Got it BB.

A friend's dad who had a massive heart attack, a 9 year old in kidney failure, a customer who is undergoing open heart surgery Wednesday, and my nieces to add to the list.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

All copied and placed in the prayer box Peg. 19:20. UK time.

[/FONT]
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

Thank you.
Peg

Prayer Requests.

Post by Peg »

Please keep praying for my niece, her alcoholic husband, and his insane family.
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

Peg;1352473 wrote: Please keep praying for my niece, her alcoholic husband, and his insane family.I've been off line for a few days Peg so I've only just viewed your request.

I know how disastrous alcoholism in the family can be and how it can effect the entire family. I was a practicing alcoholic myself 100 years ago. So I will keep praying as you request.

bb

[/FONT]
binbag

Prayer Requests.

Post by binbag »

H & JK request prayers for thier son-in-law MS. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

They say, "Please pray for the S. family. It came as a great shock for them".

[/FONT]
Infinite light

Prayer Requests.

Post by Infinite light »

Binbag:

Can I ask you something? Have you ever known prayer to work? And, if yes, why do you think it works?

I know this is the Christian room, so it would be rude of me to storm in here with my anti-Christian views, ticking people off. Even though I'm very much anti-Christian, I do try to be respectful to Christians. I'm only curious to know on what you base your belief in the "power of prayer."
chonsigirl

Prayer Requests.

Post by chonsigirl »

Because some have seen prayer work-my husband would not be alive today if not by prayer to God, he was that ill.
Infinite light

Prayer Requests.

Post by Infinite light »

chonsigirl;1374502 wrote: Because some have seen prayer work-my husband would not be alive today if not by prayer to God, he was that ill.

I'm glad to hear he is doing okay.

I'm curious to know why you think prayer helped your husband. Is it that you think a supreme being intervened on his behalf, or is it more like maybe a placebo effect, do you think? See, I don't believe in the power of prayer myself. So when I hear claims like yours naturally I like to hear about it. Could you tell me more? If you think it was "God," then why do you hold that belief? Did you see a brilliant light, or maybe hear the voice of God, and then he was healed?

Return to “Christianity”