New Forum Request

binbag

New Forum Request

Post by binbag »

Hi,

I've been thinking about this for a while, soooo I'd like to ask if it would be possible to have a Christian Prayer Request forum.

There's a few people I know who’ve been in need of a prayer or two, and I'm sure other members will know people who are in situations that could be brought to the attention of others who believe in prayer.

Be it marital, financial, illness or any of the many other problems experienced in life, all that is required is a mention that a relative, friend, or just somebody they heard of who is experiencing a problem or difficulty is in need of prayers. No need for names.

Members themselves may be in need of a prayer and by posting in a request, the mere fact they will be aware people will read their request and pray for them would be of great comfort.

Unless anyone particularly wants to post a prayer in response to a request, just a short reply acknowledging the prayer request has been read, will be of great encouragement.

bb

I ran a search for prayer requests and unless I missed it, nothing came up.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
littleCJelkton

New Forum Request

Post by littleCJelkton »

If this is to be a forum we must also make a Islamic, Jewish, Hindu, and Buddhist equivalent, or of course those of us who are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists could go to the respective forum for that particular religion and start a general thread to pray/chant for who ever is in need.
koan

New Forum Request

Post by koan »

bb, we did have a number of prayer threads over the last few years, as people needed them but they are posted in random places, either members news, gen chit chat or relationships and advice. Why don't you start a prayer thread in the Christian forum and the mods can stick it to the top of the forum so it's always findable. If it is being used a lot then we can ask Tombstone if he wants to add a new forum area.

CJ, one might almost think you are mocking. If you'd like to start prayer threads for other religions we could stick those to the top of the appropriate forums as well. Do you plan on leading the prayers and chants or were you being facetious?
littleCJelkton

New Forum Request

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1343069 wrote: bb, we did have a number of prayer threads over the last few years, as people needed them but they are posted in random places, either members news, gen chit chat or relationships and advice. Why don't you start a prayer thread in the Christian forum and the mods can stick it to the top of the forum so it's always findable. If it is being used a lot then we can ask Tombstone if he wants to add a new forum area.

CJ, one might almost think you are mocking. If you'd like to start prayer threads for other religions we could stick those to the top of the appropriate forums as well. Do you plan on leading the prayers and chants or were you being facetious?

I would like to start chants/meditations as i am a buhdist for those who want to but, I believe that Chanting/meditation and finding your way is something each individual does differently. I am sure those of us on here or those that join on here would like to see something to relate to in there own religion, Jews, muslims, hindus, even athiest. I am just noting the fact that a hindu would most likely not go to the christian prayrer thread, nor will a muslim go to the buhdist meditation thread, so to keep such forums in each respective religions forums to me seems to be doing the same purpose as one starting a thread for prayer/chant/meditation for the ones of said religion who wish to practice such activities in the respective religious forum.

The option you gave as to start a thread and have the mods stick it to the top for ease of use seemed the most reasonable to me.
koan

New Forum Request

Post by koan »

There are such thing as sub forums. I think the "sticky" idea works best as a forum or sub forum will look like it's never been used if there are no prayers for a month. The default is to only show threads that have been active in the last 30 days.
littleCJelkton

New Forum Request

Post by littleCJelkton »

koan;1343076 wrote: There are such thing as sub forums. I think the "sticky" idea works best as a forum or sub forum will look like it's never been used if there are no prayers for a month. The default is to only show threads that have been active in the last 30 days.

Goes back to the idea that the best prayer chant meditation is done by ones self. That way you can do it whenever, and whereever you like. There are certian occasions a group of aquatiancies would like to come together to pray chan meditate for a particualr reason Death/illness/economic strife ect.., but I believe a case by case thread for that particular situation would seem more appropriate for the individual going through the hardship rather, than an overall prayer,meditation, chant thread. the difference in having a prayer thread praying for "all those that have lost a loved one recently" as compared to a prayer thread for " JohnDoe1234 who has lost his father this past week"
koan

New Forum Request

Post by koan »

If you don't want to participate in such threads then don't. Other people do.
binbag

New Forum Request

Post by binbag »

koan;1343069 wrote: bb, we did have a number of prayer threads over the last few years, as people needed them but they are posted in random places, either members news, gen chit chat or relationships and advice. Why don't you start a prayer thread in the Christian forum and the mods can stick it to the top of the forum so it's always findable. If it is being used a lot then we can ask Tombstone if he wants to add a new forum area.

CJ, one might almost think you are mocking. If you'd like to start prayer threads for other religions we could stick those to the top of the appropriate forums as well. Do you plan on leading the prayers and chants or were you being facetious?Thanks koan. That will be why the search didn't throw up anything related to "Prayer Requests"

I think I'll take your advice and start a prayer request thread in the Christian forum.......Good idea. :-6

If it's in there, people will recognize that it's a Christian Prayer Request thread, however anyone of another religion can always decide whether to post in a request or not.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”