Spinervals

Boogalette

Spinervals

Post by Boogalette »

Has anyone used this product?

I want to download it and use it for the days there are no spin classes, but I`d like opinions first, please and thank you of course.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
recovering conservative

Spinervals

Post by recovering conservative »

Boogalette;1341234 wrote: Has anyone used this product?

I want to download it and use it for the days there are no spin classes, but I`d like opinions first, please and thank you of course.

What's a spinerval? I thought I heard of everything related to fitness.....but, I guess I was wrong.
spot

Spinervals

Post by spot »

They're the new high energy supersymmetry particles discovered by the Large Hadron Collider - I didn't know CERN was allowing downloads to anyone but academic physics teams. Besides, aren't they all meant to be in spin class 0?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
recovering conservative

Spinervals

spot;1341397 wrote: They're the new high energy supersymmetry particles discovered by the Large Hadron Collider - I didn't know CERN was allowing downloads to anyone but academic physics teams. Besides, aren't they all meant to be in spin class 0?

Well! Since this is the fitness and nutrition forum, I have a feeling that this particular use of the term is not about particle spin.

All I found when I did a term search was links to spin classes and videos. I think that's why Boogalette was asking for help on this one. From the links I looked at, it seems spinervals are the equivalent of interval training that runners do (usually on an oval track) when we're trying to bump up our VO2 max, and improve our running form while running at a faster pace than usual. Running intervals for distance training can vary between 200 m. to 2 miles....so, interval training does get complicated....especially at my age, when it's so easy to pull muscles and/or connective tissues.....so, doing it right can get pretty technical, and I guess anyone doing interval workouts on a bike has the same challenges that runners have!
Boogalette

Spinervals

Post by Boogalette »

yes, Spinervals is a spin workout video. Hard to find online, but I did locate one. Did not download it, does not look like my type of thing.

I will go back to running, I think, on non-spin class days. I do not enjoy it one bit, but it works. And this is the perfect weather for it, not too hot, not too cold.

now just to get my tookus off of this chair...
recovering conservative

Spinervals

Boogalette;1342085 wrote: yes, Spinervals is a spin workout video. Hard to find online, but I did locate one. Did not download it, does not look like my type of thing.

I will go back to running, I think, on non-spin class days. I do not enjoy it one bit, but it works. And this is the perfect weather for it, not too hot, not too cold.

now just to get my tookus off of this chair...

Sounds great! Exercise should be something enjoyable, and to look forward to, rather than like having to take bitter medicine!

I'm not a big fan of fitness clubs -- I belong to one, but I don't go often, except when the weather's bad outside..especially in winter. I have a weight bench, bar bell, two sets of dumbbells at home, and I use them more often than going to the gym. I prefer free weights, and most fitness clubs specialize in machines and don't have enough weights, benches or floor space. And, I hate having to run on a treadmill, or a stationary bike, if I can go outside and actually get somewhere. A stationary bike makes me feel like a hamster, running on that little wheel in his cage!
Boogalette

Spinervals

Post by Boogalette »

recovering conservative;1342104 wrote: Sounds great! Exercise should be something enjoyable, and to look forward to, rather than like having to take bitter medicine!

I'm not a big fan of fitness clubs -- I belong to one, but I don't go often, except when the weather's bad outside..especially in winter. I have a weight bench, bar bell, two sets of dumbbells at home, and I use them more often than going to the gym. I prefer free weights, and most fitness clubs specialize in machines and don't have enough weights, benches or floor space. And, I hate having to run on a treadmill, or a stationary bike, if I can go outside and actually get somewhere. A stationary bike makes me feel like a hamster, running on that little wheel in his cage!

LOL! Well, I just came back from a spin class tonight and it was `holy kicked my ass`! the trainer changed it up, and it was HARD!

You should try one if you run. You`ll have the wind for it. It`s a different kind of class, very challenging.

I think that when I get better wind, I`ll enjoy running more. One issue is that I like the pressure of the commitment I made to the trained just by showing up to her class. It keeps me motivated. On my own, I would gladly shorten my hour run, no problem!
recovering conservative

Spinervals

Boogalette;1342158 wrote: LOL! Well, I just came back from a spin class tonight and it was `holy kicked my ass`! the trainer changed it up, and it was HARD!

You should try one if you run. You`ll have the wind for it. It`s a different kind of class, very challenging.
Since I started back running a year ago, I haven't got around to trying interval workouts yet. The running equivalent of spinervals is interval runs on a quarter mile track. Interval workouts carry a higher risk of injury as you get older; but as you age, you slow down more if you just keep running the same pace all of the time, so I really want to include an interval workout at least once a week.

I think that when I get better wind, I`ll enjoy running more. One issue is that I like the pressure of the commitment I made to the trained just by showing up to her class. It keeps me motivated. On my own, I would gladly shorten my hour run, no problem!
When I was still living in Niagara Falls, I used to belong to the local running club. I joined mainly to network with other runners, and to help organizing road races. I would go for a few runs with club members, but for the most part, running is something I like to do on my own. Some of the members had a lot of trouble getting motivated without someone pacing them along. I guess you just go with whatever works for you and helps you get the job done.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”