Image Sizes

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
binbag

Image Sizes

Post by binbag »

'ello, :)

Can anyone tell me please, the maximum permitted size for uploading an image into a thread?

Thanks in advance.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
koan

Image Sizes

Post by koan »

I'm sure it will tell you if you try to upload one too big. I should know the answer but don't. Perhaps someone else knows the numbers.

When a picture is inserted via the link tags it can blow the margins on the homepage. If you use the "attachment manager" below the advanced reply box it will manage your file size and reduce it to a thumbnail if necessary.
spot

Image Sizes

Post by spot »

Allowed Filetypes

Filetype Max Filesize

asf: 2.86 MB

au: 488.3 KB

bmp: 195.3 KB

doc: 488.3 KB

flv: 9.54 MB

gif: 488.3 KB

jpe: 195.3 KB

jpeg: 488.3 KB

jpg: 488.3 KB
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
binbag

Image Sizes

Post by binbag »

This is the first chance I've had to come back and thank you both, sorry for the delay.

koan;1341384 wrote: I'm sure it will tell you if you try to upload one too big. I should know the answer but don't. Perhaps someone else knows the numbers.

When a picture is inserted via the link tags it can blow the margins on the homepage. If you use the "attachment manager" below the advanced reply box it will manage your file size and reduce it to a thumbnail if necessary.Thank you koan, I'll try the "attachment manager". I'd like to see if the "thumbnails" are clickable, thus allowing the use of larger images.

spot;1341401 wrote: Allowed Filetypes

Filetype Max Filesize

asf: 2.86 MB

au: 488.3 KB

bmp: 195.3 KB

doc: 488.3 KB

flv: 9.54 MB

gif: 488.3 KB

jpe: 195.3 KB

jpeg: 488.3 KB

jpg: 488.3 KB
Spot, that's very helpful information for me to keep.Thank you.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”