What did you learn today?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Today I learned, first hand, the evilness that rules "objects" who call themselves human beings.

Yesterday, my quite small 6year old granddaughter was playing at the side of her house with her little pal who nipped into her own house for just a couple of minutes.

Well, within those couple of minutes an evil guy grabbed my granddaughter by the wrist and dragged her off towards his car.

However, a neighbour's ten year old son came out of his house to play just at that time, spotted what was happening and shouted out her name. The guy let her go, ran off to his car and sped away.

What a terrible and shocking thing to have happened. You read of incidents like this in the papers, but when it's close to home it sends shivers down your back.

I told my son and daughter-in-law not to concentrate on what could have happened, better to concentrate on the fact she was protected. They did that and told his other three children the same thing. The granddaughter's older brother (9) took it very badly though and couldn't sleep last night, they had to keep him off school.

The police are involved but I doubt very much if they'll get him.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

binbag;1329264 wrote: Peter's advice is sound oscar but, forgive me, will you be able or be in a position to care for, and teach, a dog who likes to destroy, at this particular point in your life. (hugzzz) Thank You for thinking of me...

I have had rescue dogs all of my adult life and some with very disturbing behavioural problems. 15 years ago I decided to start from pups and not adult dogs and acquired Mulder and Scully. Rosie came along 18 months ago as a rescue. All of my dogs are Incredibly well behaved believe It not :wah: although there are times they suffer from 'selective hearing' and believe the command to get down Is a line from ' Brown Sugar'. :wah:

When Rosie came along 18 months ago aged 10 weeks, I did not have to show her any-thing. Within 2 days she was asking to go out to the tiolet with the other 2 and she picked up every-thing from them very quickly.

As Kaz said, If you get them young and train them, they are no trouble. The art Is letting them know there Is a pecking order In the house and YOU come first :wah:

I am fortunate that I have a field out-side my front door so even as I get older... exercise Is no problem. Although I do enjoy yomping through the South Gloucestershire country-side with them or on the River Avon where often they catch their own dinner.

I am going to see the white Alsation In the next few days... from what I can make out, he Is destroying his owners home due to boredom and lack of good walks.... so often the case with dogs like this. I am sure once he gets Into a regular exercise routine, he will be no more trouble than my other 3.

Today I was contacted by SAFFA... as my husband Is ex RAF... the family Association Is very good at support In times like this.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

binbag;1329268 wrote: Today I learned, first hand, the evilness that rules "objects" who call themselves human beings.

Yesterday, my quite small 6year old granddaughter was playing at the side of her house with her little pal who nipped into her own house for just a couple of minutes.

Well, within those couple of minutes an evil guy grabbed my granddaughter by the wrist and dragged her off towards his car.

However, a neighbour's ten year old son came out of his house to play just at that time, spotted what was happening and shouted out her name. The guy let her go, ran off to his car and sped away.

What a terrible and shocking thing to have happened. You read of incidents like this in the papers, but when it's close to home it sends shivers down your back.

I told my son and daughter-in-law not to concentrate on what could have happened, better to concentrate on the fact she was protected. They did that and told his other three children the same thing. The granddaughter's older brother (9) took it very badly though and couldn't sleep last night, they had to keep him off school.

OMG!!! Horrendous!.. im so so pleased it turned out the way it did,, i truly hope they do catch him, i feel sick at the thought of it:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

binbag;1329268 wrote: Today I learned, first hand, the evilness that rules "objects" who call themselves human beings.

How utterly awful !!!!!

I think this sort of thing happens far more than we read In the papers and many folks have 'near misses' that are every families nightmares.

Thank heavens your grand-daughter Is safe and well done her older brother for being so vigilant.

Keep us up-dated on what the Police are doing. Maybe this was not the first Incident and god forbid, It may not be the last.

I do think 'Stranger Danger' Is some-thing that should be taught In nursery and school. You must be terribly upset and It must have frightened the life out of the children. I do hope It does not scar them for life.

I am so sorry to hear of this Binbag, we always believe It will never happen to us and when It does It brings home what sicko's are out there.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

That is unbelievably awful binbag.

Someone tried to take my son when he was 2 years old. Something in my head told me to check on him and I caught him literally just in time. The young couple who tried to take him were of arab appearance. I was living in London at the time but moved south not long after. Since then I've always been careful of where my kids are. Lots of people say I'm too overprotective, but they've not almost lost a child. Far far better to be safe than sorry. You only have to look at Madeline McCanns family to see that.

I would suggest you keep in touch with the police for any updates but also contact your local newspapers and radio stations to tell them this story and give a description if possible. Other parents need to know this guy is in their area and to watch out for their kids. Also, is that was my child, I wouldn't let her play outside any more. In my eyes it's just not worth the risk. I hope to God they catch this bast**d!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, what a scarey thing to happen to your granddaughter!
Odie

Post by Odie »

O M G......that is just horendous!

thank goodness the 10 year old was there.

her poor brother...........

it just a second........

let us know if the police find him.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1329308 wrote: That is unbelievably awful binbag.

Someone tried to take my son when he was 2 years old. Something in my head told me to check on him and I caught him literally just in time. The young couple who tried to take him were of arab appearance. I was living in London at the time but moved south not long after. Since then I've always been careful of where my kids are. Lots of people say I'm too overprotective, but they've not almost lost a child. Far far better to be safe than sorry. You only have to look at Madeline McCanns family to see that.

I would suggest you keep in touch with the police for any updates but also contact your local newspapers and radio stations to tell them this story and give a description if possible. Other parents need to know this guy is in their area and to watch out for their kids. Also, is that was my child, I wouldn't let her play outside any more. In my eyes it's just not worth the risk. I hope to God they catch this bast**d!!

I lived half a mile away from where Sarah Payne was snatched. The whole area went Into mourning but the worst was knowing that child killer and Peado Roy Whiting was living amongst our community just waiting to pounce and It could have been any-one's child. That was the scarey thing.
binbag

Post by binbag »

The police haven't had any success in finding him yet. However, I've been told the 10 year old boy and his father had a walk round the area last night and the boy spotted the same guy. Apparently the guy also spotted them, recognised the boy, and bolted

I've also heard, second hand, (not confirmed yet) they managed to get his car plate number and went straight to the police station with it. I'll wait until that fact is confirmed before I want to believe it.

You'll be aware how rumours can fly about when word gets out. So time will tell.

Thank you for your concerned replies, it's appreciated. My little granddaughter has not been affected by it all. She's one little cool child.

[/FONT]
binbag

Post by binbag »

oscar;1329271 wrote: Thank You for thinking of me...

I have had rescue dogs all of my adult life and some with very disturbing behavioural problems. 15 years ago I decided to start from pups and not adult dogs and acquired Mulder and Scully. Rosie came along 18 months ago as a rescue. All of my dogs are Incredibly well behaved believe It not :wah: although there are times they suffer from 'selective hearing' and believe the command to get down Is a line from ' Brown Sugar'. :wah:

When Rosie came along 18 months ago aged 10 weeks, I did not have to show her any-thing. Within 2 days she was asking to go out to the tiolet with the other 2 and she picked up every-thing from them very quickly.

As Kaz said, If you get them young and train them, they are no trouble. The art Is letting them know there Is a pecking order In the house and YOU come first :wah:

I am fortunate that I have a field out-side my front door so even as I get older... exercise Is no problem. Although I do enjoy yomping through the South Gloucestershire country-side with them or on the River Avon where often they catch their own dinner.

I am going to see the white Alsation In the next few days... from what I can make out, he Is destroying his owners home due to boredom and lack of good walks.... so often the case with dogs like this. I am sure once he gets Into a regular exercise routine, he will be no more trouble than my other 3.

Today I was contacted by SAFFA... as my husband Is ex RAF... the family Association Is very good at support In times like this.
I'd read some of your posts oscar, particularly the one where you mention the fox. I didn't doubt you had a way with animals when I posted my reply to you, it was with concern.

However you do appear to be a strong character. The fact that SAFFA have been in touch will be a great backup to rely on, should you need them.

:-6

binbag.

[/FONT]
Odie

Post by Odie »

binbag;1329452 wrote: The police haven't had any success in finding him yet. However, I've been told the 10 year old boy and his father had a walk round the area last night and the boy spotted the same guy. Apparently the guy also spotted them, recognised the boy, and bolted

I've also heard, second hand, (not confirmed yet) they managed to get his car plate number and went straight to the police station with it. I'll wait until that fact is confirmed before I want to believe it.

You'll be aware how rumours can fly about when word gets out. So time will tell.

Thank you for your concerned replies, it's appreciated. My little granddaughter has not been affected by it all. She's one little cool child.

sounds like he is still wandering around the same area, odd isn't it?

thankfully the 10 year old can identify him.

and...thank god your grandaughter has no memory of it.
Oscar Namechange

binbag;1329458 wrote: I'd read some of your posts oscar, particularly the one where you mention the fox. I didn't doubt you had a way with animals when I posted my reply to you, it was with concern.

However you do appear to be a strong character. The fact that SAFFA have been in touch will be a great backup to rely on, should you need them.

:-6

binbag.

It would be rather big headed of me to say so but I do have a way with animals. :wah:

I find I have a calmness with them that I do not possess with some human beings... That and a never ending supply of love, patience and understanding.

With any animal I have come Into contact with, I have researched the breed and the traits of wild animals I have rescued In the past. To Understand them Is the key of how to behave around them.

I have been bitten by Foxes and hissed at by them many times but those were In cases where the Fox was being rescued after road accidents and they were In great pain.

I am still missing my Alpha Dog Fox Clarkson badly but 2 nights ago another Dog Fox moved Into the pack. He was In my garden with the Alpha Vixen again last night so I think he Is here to stay. He was one very hungry boy.

Yes, SAFFA are very good In times like this but I have to say that the support and family liason my husband recieves from his hospital Is out-standing. I know every-one does not have a good experience with the NHS but they have always been marvellous with him. When Peter was at the hospital and him being a very matter of fact guy, he told the Consultant not to skirt around. He asked him how bad It had got from the scans and the consultant said 'well, you're dying... It does not get any worse'. I was so upset that I was not there with him. It is true what my husband says In that when you go to Oncology and see tiny children dying of cancer, It makes your own problems trivial. My husband lost his first son to cancer at the age of 4 years old so he knows all about that.

On a positive note... they are continuing to treat him and do all they can for him Instead of just writing him off.

He made a list last night of people he wants me to keep away from his funeral :wah:

I hope the Police make progress with the would be snatcher. I suppose what would go through my mind would be weather my child had been watched for some time and targeted rather than a random choosing. That is an awful scenario to contemplate.

I remember back to living half a mile from where Sarah Payne was taken, One of the tabloids printed a list of how many on the sex offenders register are released without our knowledge... Very scarey.

Do keep us up-dated BB
Odie

Post by Odie »

using an electric palm sander requires all doors closed.:-5
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1332925 wrote: using an electric palm sander requires all doors closed.:-5

:wah:

You learn something new all the time! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1332937 wrote: :wah:

You learn something new all the time! :wah:

:yh_loser:p:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

to re-set my alarm instead of waking up at 6a.m.:-5
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, I got up at 6 because there is no school today, for primary elections.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1333022 wrote: Ah, I got up at 6 because there is no school today, for primary elections.

primary elections for what Chonsi?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Nov. elections for governor, represenatives, judges and all.

Judges were hanging in the library parking lot 2 weeks ago, very annoying. You couldn't get to the door without them stopping you, I didn't want to talk to them, just wanted to go get some books. Next week they were cleared away, nice clear path to the library.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1333036 wrote: Nov. elections for governor, represenatives, judges and all.

Judges were hanging in the library parking lot 2 weeks ago, very annoying. You couldn't get to the door without them stopping you, I didn't want to talk to them, just wanted to go get some books. Next week they were cleared away, nice clear path to the library.

I agree, they shouldn't be hanging out in the parking lot.

so what will you do with your day off?

I have my perrenials to cut back.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I went to the music store and went clothes shopping. I was just a happy little slug today. :)
binbag

Post by binbag »

I learned today never ever wash an apple under hot water then eat it. :yh_glasse

It tastes disgustingly revolting. Yuck. :-5

[/FONT]
Odie

Post by Odie »

not to go by binbags clues!:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Binbag's clues almost give it away !:p
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
binbag

Post by binbag »

Odie;1333254 wrote: not to go by binbags clues!:yh_rotflOoooo, get binbag day, but that's ok I've broad shoulders, I can take it, sigh.

Anyway if you're getting at me, you're leaving some other poor soul alone.

Bless you Odie,

I forgive you.

:wah: Would that not just make you throw up. LOL

G#Gill;1333255 wrote: Binbag's clues almost give it away !:p
:yh_worshp LOL

[/FONT]
Odie

Post by Odie »

binbag;1333479 wrote: Ooooo, get binbag day, but that's ok I've broad shoulders, I can take it, sigh.

Anyway if you're getting at me, you're leaving some other poor soul alone.

Bless you Odie,

I forgive you.

It's never get binbag day, I just need better clues:yh_rotfl
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I learned that if you are going away for three months, you should probably remove your dirty linens from your bed before you leave.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Odie

Post by Odie »

LarsMac;1333493 wrote: I learned that if you are going away for three months, you should probably remove your dirty linens from your bed before you leave.

I'm afraid to ask..................

welcome back!
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I learned, if you don't replace the full bag in your vacuum cleaner with a new one, you will burn out the motor.
Tan

Post by Tan »

:-1Ive learned about puppy mills today
Tan
Odie

Post by Odie »

Tan;1333641 wrote: :-1Ive learned about puppy mills today

sad isn't it?
nok

Post by nok »

I've learned that no matter how nice and kind you are to everybody, not everyone will like you- some people or a few people or a lot of people aren't going to like you no matter what.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I learned that Johnny Appleseed's birthday is in 5 days. My 5 year old grandson told me. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

trust no one and life will be so much happier.
nok

Post by nok »

Go with the flow. Sometimes, you have to.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Never delay an academic homework
I miss you Odie
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

M.A.S;1339045 wrote: Never delay an academic homework

:wah: A sure fire way to trouble :-)

Always assume it will take twice as long as you expect and that you'll be interrupted at every opportunity.
Odie

Post by Odie »

to rise above the ones who are rude and inconsiderate.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Never leave laundry so long :-5
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1340187 wrote: Never leave laundry so long :-5

bring it over and I'll help you with it.:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

The weekends are always better that the work week!
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Odie;1340210 wrote: bring it over and I'll help you with it.:yh_rotfl

you know, It's public laundry, so If I leave my clothes for long time, someone will come and throw them out !!!

I learned today: Never submit a quiz late. :guitarist
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1340385 wrote: you know, It's public laundry, so If I leave my clothes for long time, someone will come and throw them out !!!

I learned today: Never submit a quiz late. :guitarist

I remember using public laundromats and you can't leave them unattended.

are you running late on your studies?

no more gifts for you!:yh_rotfl
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Odie;1340421 wrote: I remember using public laundromats and you can't leave them unattended.

are you running late on your studies?

no more gifts for you!:yh_rotfl

I have a lot of work to get done this week. Three major exams, two quizzes and three homework. I'm not running late but you know things happen. :p

I learned today: Time management is very useful tool.
I miss you Odie
Odie

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1340533 wrote:

I have a lot of work to get done this week. Three major exams, two quizzes and three homework. I'm not running late but you know things happen. :p

time management is everything

oops must run over and visit my neighbour!:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

M.A.S;1340533 wrote:

Yup, after one kid you know how to jiggle all the work you have to do. :)

Good luck on studying.
arcadelife88

Post by arcadelife88 »

learn that life is not easy...
Maristar87

Post by Maristar87 »

I learned that I'm really ahead of both myself and most people. I put in about fifteen applications a week or so ago and I'm just starting to get people calling me up for interviews. I honestly thought that nobody wanted me. The same thing has happened with college, I was way ahead of my professors and advisors.

I've also learned that when stressed, I see spots, retain water and have blood-pressure problems. Yikes..

On a more positive note, I think I've learned what I want out of life and a job. I want something that doesn't have a lot of math involved with it, that'll be a somewhat easy to obtain degree-wise, socially respectful, has a lot of job opportunities, and can support a family. So, I've picked communications. I'd much rather be a doctor or work with animals but time and health is a factor. I'm also working with a group of individuals whom share my rare genetic disorder, so I'm making progress and a bit of a difference, somehow. Unfortunately, a side-effect of said disorder is brain damage, and I'm blessed to be one of the very few that is able to effectively communicate or take care of themselves (employment, health-care, school...etc) but it is really disheartening and frustrating.

I've also realized that I'm turning into my father, and I'm somewhat comfortable with that.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”