North Carolina Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Amber Alert Issued for 10 Year Old North Carolina Girl

Posted: Sunday October 10, 2010 9:04 AM CT

The State of North Carolina issued the Amber Alert late Saturday (10-09) after the girl reported missing from her Hickory home. She was last seen asleep in her bedroom at approximately 2:30 AM Saturday morning.

Zahra Clare Baker, a white female, 10 years old, 5' 1", 85 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a camouflage Army T-shirt, black knee-length tights. She has a prosthetic device below her left knee and is hearing-impaired.

There is no suspect in this case.

There is no suspect vehicle in this case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at 828-328-5551 or dial 911.

Photo at Code Amber Amber Alert Issued for 10 Year Old North Carolina Girl, October 10, 2010
Odie

Post by Odie »

makes me wonder how parents can sleep thru something like that.:sneaky:
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Although the girl has not been found the State of North Carolina canceled the Amber Alert on Tuesday (10-12) and announced that the case is now a homicide investigation. No further information is available at this time.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1338434 wrote: Although the girl has not been found the State of North Carolina canceled the Amber Alert on Tuesday (10-12) and announced that the case is now a homicide investigation. No further information is available at this time.

someone confessed.....I wonder if it was dear old dad:lips:
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1338499 wrote: someone confessed.....I wonder if it was dear old dad:lips:

They did?

What makes you think dad allegedly had anything to do with this case, Odie? :thinking:
Peg

Post by Peg »

The Amber Alert for Zahra Baker, the missing hearing-impaired North Carolina girl, has been canceled, and now the homicide investigation is just beginning. Although police have not named any suspects, recent reports suggest that they are taking a careful look at Zahra's stepmother Elisa Baker.

MORE
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Doesn't that just tick you off that people came forth after she had gone missing with stories of abuse and neglect, instead of intervening at the time it was occurring.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

But shouldn't we be hands off when it comes to child rearing?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1338533 wrote: Doesn't that just tick you off that people came forth after she had gone missing with stories of abuse and neglect, instead of intervening at the time it was occurring.

I just don't understand why it took so many to wait until it was to late.....

If I'd seen a kid being abused.....I'd place that call asap.

when the case was now a homicide investigation I assumed someone confessed as homicide is considered a murder.

and mommy dearest is now under arrest.

I had said I wondered if it was dear old dad......

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”