Life sentence for every crime?

joona

Post by joona »

All sentences should be Life Without Parole, with no exceptions. Why the hell do we have different prices for different crimes these days? A crime is not something one should be able to buy. "Rob a bank today, now you get only five years in prison!" :-5

There should be life without parole for all crimes no matter what the crime was, to show that the society does not tolerate breaking the law, no matter what the law in question might be!

We have laws because they are something that should be obeyed. Therefore we cannot tolerate that criminals get different sentences! Anyone caught for a wilfully committed crime should be sentenced to life without parole!!!

You might think that all this will only increase the number of prisoners, but this is just stupid propaganda. In fact there will be fewer prisoners, because everybody will be too scared to commit ANY crime at all! We will end up with a GLORIOUS 100 % crime-free society! :guitarist
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Littering ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

If it was life in prison for all crime, regardless - I think you would find an awful lot more murders, don't you? If a person is going to get 'life' anyway, then they may as well get their money's worth, and make it worth while! :yh_eyerol
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1334915 wrote: Littering ?

Especially littering. Otherwise we'd still be surrounded by litter.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I'd rather the punishment fit the crime but I guess that's open to debate too.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Speeding - that would clear up a lot of traffic issues, which would eliminate all the road repairs.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I think we're going to have a lot of fun with you joona! :)

When I'm 70 I intend to hunt down some loathesome gits I've met in this life and kill them. That way I will be assured of a roof over my head, 3 square meals a day and free medication for the rest of my life. No worries about hypothermia, rising bills or lack of pension. Woohoo!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Rapunzel;1334955 wrote: I think we're going to have a lot of fun with you joona! :)

When I'm 70 I intend to hunt down some loathesome gits I've met in this life and kill them. That way I will be assured of a roof over my head, 3 square meals a day and free medication for the rest of my life. No worries about hypothermia, rising bills or lack of pension. Woohoo!

Now that sounds like a good plan Rapunzel. :D
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

joona;1334913 wrote: All sentences should be Life Without Parole, with no exceptions. Why the hell do we have different prices for different crimes these days? A crime is not something one should be able to buy. "Rob a bank today, now you get only five years in prison!" :-5

There should be life without parole for all crimes no matter what the crime was, to show that the society does not tolerate breaking the law, no matter what the law in question might be!

We have laws because they are something that should be obeyed. Therefore we cannot tolerate that criminals get different sentences! Anyone caught for a wilfully committed crime should be sentenced to life without parole!!!

You might think that all this will only increase the number of prisoners, but this is just stupid propaganda. In fact there will be fewer prisoners, because everybody will be too scared to commit ANY crime at all! We will end up with a GLORIOUS 100 % crime-free society! :guitarist

That would take care of the three and out debate.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Have the Government not just proposed that Britain should follow the Degree and plea system of America?

All our prisoners get their sentences halved by matter of course.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

These sickos need to be removed from society!!!!! I say we should through away the freakin' key for these criminals, so that law abiding decent folk can trust their upholstered furniture!!!! :

spot

Post by spot »

Here's an alternative to imprisonment, it has an arguable virtue. It's from Shakespeare's King Lear where the King banishes Kent:Five days we do allot thee for provision

To shield thee from diseases of the world,

And on the sixth to turn thy hated back

Upon our kingdom. If, on the tenth day following,

Thy banish'd trunk be found in our dominions,

The moment is thy death. Away! By Jupiter,

This shall not be revok'd.It effectively declares outlawry on the criminal and legalizes his killing by any citizen of the realm.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1335117 wrote: Here's an alternative to imprisonment, it has an arguable virtue. It's from Shakespeare's King Lear where the King banishes Kent:Five days we do allot thee for provision

To shield thee from diseases of the world,

And on the sixth to turn thy hated back

Upon our kingdom. If, on the tenth day following,

Thy banish'd trunk be found in our dominions,

The moment is thy death. Away! By Jupiter,

This shall not be revok'd.

It effectively declares outlawry on the criminal and legalizes his killing by any citizen of the realm.

Are you also suggesting a bounty system to recompense that citizen for the risk and cost of carrying out the execution on the state's behalf?

Point of interest - what do you propose for the inevitable cases of mistaken identity or "collateral damage"?
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1335175 wrote: Are you also suggesting a bounty system to recompense that citizen for the risk and cost of carrying out the execution on the state's behalf?Good lord no, there's always enough blood-crazed media-incensed nutters out there who'd volunteer. And don't think I'm proposing a relaxation of the gun laws either.

Point of interest - what do you propose for the inevitable cases of mistaken identity or "collateral damage"?You'd have another banishment on the same terms of course.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

What about white collar crime?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

joona;1334913 wrote: All sentences should be Life Without Parole, with no exceptions. Why the hell do we have different prices for different crimes these days? A crime is not something one should be able to buy. "Rob a bank today, now you get only five years in prison!" :-5

You might think that all this will only increase the number of prisoners, but this is just stupid propaganda. In fact there will be fewer prisoners, because everybody will be too scared to commit ANY crime at all! We will end up with a GLORIOUS 100 % crime-free society! :guitaristI'm convinced that you either post to troll or your brain has reached the ceiling effect of a 1 year old muskrat's cognitive "skills".

Harsh punishment(Which is retribution) will do nothing but influence a criminal to murder for every crime they commit all of the way down to stealing a candy bar.

I'll have a look at some of your other posts because this post quite frankly is far too uninformed to elicit any response other than to see to it you become separated from this community either do to being too young or quite simply a troll with no agenda but to p*** people off

Return to “Crimes Trials”