Living Room Decorating

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
hqhyleslie

Living Room Decorating

Post by hqhyleslie »

Living room decorating [Advertising link removed] is always a hot topic in house fix up. And there are a lot of people ask for good ideas for their living room design, they even pay much on decorating consulting. In fact, if we have some color collocation knowledge, we can make a perfect living room decorating.

The living room decorating should follow the “User Prefer” principle. Because people’s tastes vary from one to another, there is no best solution but most suitable one. That is to say, every arrangement should be approved by the user.

Generally speaking, there are mainly four decorating themes:

1. Vivid theme. The main color is yellow and orange. We suggest using orange carpet, yellowish-white curtain, and wall painted white. The sofa and ceiling should be in light gray color, with some green plants to embellish.

2. Romantic theme. The main color is soft pink. Sofa, cushion, and curtain all in soft pink and it is good to have light blue shadow on it to create a different romantic feeling.

3. Classic elegance theme. The main color is rose and light purple. Using rose carpet and sofa, sofa color should be denser. The curtain can be light purple with light shadow character. Living room wall painted grayish-white.

4. Fresh theme. The main color is light green and sky blue. This is a very simple living room decorating : wall and ceiling painted sky blue, using white living room furniture, most importantly, you need a light green curtain.

More suggestions:

1. There should be no more than three different kinds of color in your living room, not including white and black.

2. Without expert’s advice, follow the “light wall, medium floor and deep furniture” color arrangement role.

3. The furniture do great influence to the living room decorating, you should choose the right designing furniture.
spot

Living Room Decorating

Post by spot »

And a huge welcome to our very first Version 4 Spammer!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Living Room Decorating

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Got it clever.. !!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

kyoto7

Living Room Decorating

Post by kyoto7 »

My favorite is "Romantic theme"............:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Living Room Decorating

Post by Oscar Namechange »

He said... 'We have colour collection knowledge'........ I was hoping to find out who 'we' were.

I am about to decorate my hall and I could have done with some tips.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Living Room Decorating

Post by Odie »

kyoto7;1333387 wrote: My favorite is "Romantic theme".............:wah:

soft pinks in a living room? yuck!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
nirmal

Living Room Decorating

Post by nirmal »

Great post on decorating living room. I am planning to decorate my living room in the coming months. I am deciding on what colors to paint the walls. Some one suggested to use dark colors like bright red, or bright yellow. I am thinking of some pleasant colors that will blend into my living space.
Bez

Living Room Decorating

Post by Bez »

My whole flat is painted white with just a few added impact colours....black, dark blue.

I have lime green towels in the bathroom....really cheery on a dull day and goes with the white really well.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Maristar87

Living Room Decorating

Post by Maristar87 »

Thanks for posting this... we're getting a new place soon and right now we have black couches, and tan rugs. :-) We weren't really sure how to brighten things up.
Wain Wright

Living Room Decorating

Post by Wain Wright »

Blinds is the best way to decorate your home. As, you know window is an integral part of your house, so blind are the best way to design your house. This will not only give a new look to your window but will also give a new dimension to your house. You can use window blinds, as these are excellent and classy way to decorate your home.
spot

Living Room Decorating

Post by spot »

Not curtains?

I quite like curtains. They're easily cleaned, for one thing. Every time I ever tried to clean blinds I cut my fingers.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
john34

Living Room Decorating

Post by john34 »

great suggestions for color combinations, most important to keep in mind while decorating, thanks

Return to “Home Management”