My Avatar.

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
binbag

My Avatar.

Post by binbag »

Explain it!!

O that's easy, it's me.

Well, it's how I see myself anyway.

My better half thinks I'm still drop dead gorgeous though.

Mind you, she always says so whenever she wants to watch one of her soaps. Strange that, eh. :yh_think

:)
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

binbag;1326424 wrote: Explain it!!

O that's easy, it's me.

Mind you, she always says so whenever she wants to watch one of her soaps. Strange that, eh. :yh_think

:)

oh yes, you are drop dead gorgeous!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

binbag;1326424 wrote: Explain it!!

O that's easy, it's me.

:) I actually look at folks avatars very closely as It reveals a great deal about their personality and It reflects generally the way the member views them-selves and not as others may view them.

I think we tend to post avatars as how we would like to be and not how we are In real life. Hoppy as an example usually has the Western theme and I deduce from that, he longs to be a Mustang Rustler on the High Plains.

Nomad posts his for The Minnesotta Vikings for he craves that 'Touchdown In real life....

It Is enlightening when members join you on Facebook and you see the real person behind the avatar and they are not what you ever expect.

I was shocked with Nomad as I had conjured up an Image of a Hobbit In a Shack when In actual life, he Is fairly handsome. I say 'fairly' for on reading this, his head may explode.

Dubs was an eye-opener for me on Facebook as he Is quite shaggable... I say quite as we do not want 2 heads exploding at once.

Then there are the one's who use young groovy chicks as their avatar but upon seeing them In a real pic, one has to guffaw behing the sofa.

You can tell the BNP members here Binbag... we all use the death avatar,

I get the Impression from your avatar that you see your-self as a congenial gramps type kind of guy..... I like that...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

and I just wanna be a green iguana today!:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Odie;1326456 wrote: and I just wanna be a green iguana today!:yh_rotfl

Oh you changed your avatar.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

My Avatar.

Post by G#Gill »

What do you deduce from my avatar, then, Oscar ?:sneaky::lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Snowfire

My Avatar.

Post by Snowfire »

My avatar is of an old 70's Genesis album called "Selling England by the Pound". Apart from the fact it's a great album it also reflects the state the Blairite Government was digging us into at the time I chose it. Sort of symbolic of Brown selling off all of our gold reserves for next to naff all.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
along-for-the-ride

My Avatar.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'm somewhere between this and that: ;)

:wah:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

My Avatar.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I always have an avatar that deals with the sea. I know for sure that when I'm reincarnated that I'll be coming back as a beautiful mermaid, with blond hair and blue eyes mind you, who will spend the afterlife swimming the 7 seas with my aquatic friends.

Kathy Ellen

My Avatar.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[QUOTE=along-for-the-ride;1326466]I'm somewhere between this and that: ;)

You are always so adorable Diana. You have such a big heart :-4
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1326459 wrote: Oh you changed your avatar.

yes, quite often.

does this mean I have the personality of a green iguana.........no.:wah:

I have heard a fine meal of crickets can be quite tasty!:yh_rotfl
binbag

My Avatar.

Post by binbag »

Odie;1326445 wrote: oh yes, you are drop dead gorgeous!:-6Well hulloooo there, yooo sweet talkin' thang. LOL

You're too kind by far Odie. (or perhaps you were being sarcastic. lol)

oscar;1326453 wrote: I actually look at folks avatars very closely as It reveals a great deal about their personality and It reflects generally the way the member views them-selves and not as others may view them.

I think we tend to post avatars as how we would like to be and not how we are In real life. Hoppy as an example usually has the Western theme and I deduce from that, he longs to be a Mustang Rustler on the High Plains.

Nomad posts his for The Minnesotta Vikings for he craves that 'Touchdown In real life....

It Is enlightening when members join you on Facebook and you see the real person behind the avatar and they are not what you ever expect.

I was shocked with Nomad as I had conjured up an Image of a Hobbit In a Shack when In actual life, he Is fairly handsome. I say 'fairly' for on reading this, his head may explode.

Dubs was an eye-opener for me on Facebook as he Is quite shaggable... I say quite as we do not want 2 heads exploding at once.

Then there are the one's who use young groovy chicks as their avatar but upon seeing them In a real pic, one has to guffaw behing the sofa.

I get the Impression from your avatar that you see your-self as a congenial gramps type kind of guy..... I like that...
Hah, I was waiting on the punch line there, but you surprised me Oscar.

I myself would never have put it quite like that.

O alright then, you've persuaded me, that's what I think also. LOL

Seriously though, I'd hate to be thought of as a grumpy old Papa, I don't know why some old people become grumpy; aches and pains and all the rest that sometimes sits alongside getting older I guess. Rather sad really.

I'll be 66 at the end of the year and honestly, in my mind, I'm still somewhere around 30. My beloved is the same. Mind you, people are living longer these days, so I think 70 is the new 60, if you know what I mean. (he says as he pops is clogs)

My health could be better, much better, but everything, I feel, is down to one's own personal attitude to life, or, as they say nowadays, personal "take" on life.

Here endeth the first lesson. :wah:

Now then, if I may, your reply was an excellent insight into Avatars. I too look at them, but not in the manner you've described. I only ever loosely wondered why such and such an avatar was chosen; you, have added an excellent dimension I would never have thought of. Thank you for that.

binbag.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
kazalala

My Avatar.

Post by kazalala »

I change mine depending on how i feel,,, sometimes i keep the same one for ages and other times i can change it 3 times in as many days,,, but then i am a gemini so that may explain it a bit:wah:

Sometimes my avatar has a special meaning to me...and other times it has no meanig at all:lips::-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

G#Gill;1326460 wrote: What do you deduce from my avatar, then, Oscar ?:sneaky::lips:
I deduce from your avatar a car that reflects your personality. A used car that has been round the block a few times with a few miles on the clock. Built for endurence, this car exudes experience of life and a wise engine under-neath a some-what rusting bonnet. :sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

binbag;1326494 wrote: Well hulloooo there, yooo sweet talkin' thang. LOL

Hah, I was waiting on the punch line there, but you surprised me Oscar.

I myself would never have put it quite like that.

O alright then, you've persuaded me, that's what I think also. LOL

Seriously though, I'd hate to be thought of as a grumpy old Papa, I don't know why some old people become grumpy; aches and pains and all the rest that sometimes sits alongside getting older I guess. Rather sad really.

I'll be 66 at the end of the year and honestly, in my mind, I'm still somewhere around 30. My beloved is the same. Mind you, people are living longer these days, so I think 70 is the new 60, if you know what I mean. (he says as he pops is clogs)

My health could be better, much better, but everything, I feel, is down to one's own personal attitude to life, or, as they say nowadays, personal "take" on life.

Now then, if I may, your reply was an excellent insight into Avatars. I too look at them, but not in the manner you've described. I only ever loosely wondered why such and such an avatar was chosen; you, have added an excellent dimension I would never have thought of. Thank you for that.

binbag.
So I was pretty near the mark eh? At 66 you are that congenial Gramps type that I envisaged. I know exactly what you are saying as my husband Is 66 years old also but It Is at this stage that I must clearly point out that I had not been born at the time my husband was joining the RAF... There-fore I am much younger, wiser and far better looking.

I often use avatars of Kauto Star, mainly because I Idolise the horse but also due to having a yearning to be a champion Jockey riding Kauto In the Gold Cup.

In fact, when anaylising avatars on forums, the one's who have fluffy kittens tend to get beaten up and the one's who have stronger avatars are the one's who get Into the heated political debates.

It really Is fun working out a member by the avatar.
G#Gill

My Avatar.

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1326499 wrote: I deduce from your avatar a car that reflects your personality. A used car that has been round the block a few times with a few miles on the clock. Built for endurence, this car exudes experience of life and a wise engine under-neath a some-what rusting bonnet. :sneaky:

How very dare you Mrs ! One or two 'iffy' comments there, I must say! You are right, though, suggesting that the car reflects my personality. No nonsense, 'don't mess with me', 'I'm quicker on the uptake than I look', just because my roof is white doesn't mean to say that I'm 'passed it', I have hidden depths ! :sneaky: Oh and by the way, my bonnet is not some-what rusting - it is white, mate, and proud !
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

G#Gill;1326503 wrote: How very dare you Mrs ! One or two 'iffy' comments there, I must say! You are right, though, suggesting that the car reflects my personality. No nonsense, 'don't mess with me', 'I'm quicker on the uptake than I look', just because my roof is white doesn't mean to say that I'm 'passed it', I have hidden depths ! :sneaky: Oh and by the way, my bonnet is not some-what rusting - it is white, mate, and proud !

I didn't mention the 2 deflated tyres :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

My Avatar.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oscar, You are so funny and wacky:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Binbag, you're a lovely man and so kind.

GIll, You're always a sharp, shooting hot mama.
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

binbag;1326494 wrote: Well hulloooo there, yooo sweet talkin' thang. LOL

binbag.

gosh no, I wasn't being sarcastic my dear.

I don't think avators reflect on anything, I change mine all the time, pending my mood, and if I have found something different, I can be a sexy cowgirl right down to a green iguana!:yh_rotfl

Being 66 is far from old as far as I'm concerned, I'm 59 and never have felt my age, its all got do to with how you set your mind and how you think.

My health could be better to, but who's couldn't be?

I've seen much much younger people a lot worse off than us.:-4

and your a great addition to forumarden!:guitarist

here's some coffee and brownies for our next talk.:-6

Attached files
G#Gill

My Avatar.

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1326505 wrote: I didn't mention the 2 deflated tyres :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Funny you should mention those .................. I've had to get two new ones for my front, as the others were well worn ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :lips:
G#Gill

My Avatar.

Post by G#Gill »

Kathy Ellen;1326507 wrote: Oscar, You are so funny and wacky:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thanks Kathy, but not too sure about the 'hot mama' bit :thinking:, sharp shooting is a possibility though :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Kathy Ellen;1326507 wrote: Oscar, You are so funny and wacky:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Now kathy's avatar.

We see her with the ocean and the rocks behind her. I deduce that Kathy has a strong backbone ( The rocks) but Is at one with the elements. Like the Ocean she Is wild, Un-taming, Un-predictable but always reliable and loyal as the tides. She longs to be at one with the creatures of the deep and empathises with their struggle to survive In harsh elements.
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1326510 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Funny you should mention those .................. I've had to get two new ones for my front, as the others were well worn ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :lips:

I need two new ones, can you buy them for me?:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

My Avatar.

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1326515 wrote: I need two new ones, can you buy them for me?:yh_rotfl

Sorry, I'm broke now. Besides, I got the last two of that size. I think they've got smaller ones though ! :lips:
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1326516 wrote: Sorry, I'm broke now. Besides, I got the last two of that size. I think they've got smaller ones though ! :lips:

damn....mine are sooooooo big.:lips:
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Odie;1326508 wrote:

I don't think avators reflect on anything, I change mine all the time, pending my mood,

I've seen much much younger people a lot worse off than us.:-4

You can change your avatar every hour for It still reveals much about your personality. You may not see It but others do.
Snowfire

My Avatar.

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1326500 wrote:

I often use avatars of Kauto Star, mainly because....

....you have a long face and horsey teethg. Mr O has to put the bit in your mouth to rein you in when you get a bit feisty

Winston Churchill
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

Snowfire;1326545 wrote: ....you have a long face and horsey teethg. Mr O has to put the bit in your mouth to rein you in when you get a bit feisty

now there's a personality everyone loves to see!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Odie;1326547 wrote: now there's a personality everyone loves to see!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl You changed your avatar again... back to a young chick... hmmmm
Snowfire

My Avatar.

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar deary, can you empty your PM box

Winston Churchill
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1326549 wrote: You changed your avatar again... back to a young chick... hmmmm

if you really had of looked at it, its just a colorful summer eye.:rolleyes:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Snowfire;1326545 wrote: ....you have a long face and horsey teethg. Mr O has to put the bit in your mouth to rein you in when you get a bit feisty

What exactly Is a 'teethg'? Is It another strain of the 'Tomarto'....

You mis=read the connection between Kauto and myself.... I am actually a fine thorough-bred Filly with French Connections, stamina, staying power although like Kauto I do some-times misjudge the hurdle.

I still say your avatar Is a big girls blouse.......
Snowfire

My Avatar.

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1326553 wrote: What exactly Is a 'teethg'? Is It another strain of the 'Tomarto'....

You mis=read the connection between Kauto and myself.... I am actually a fine thorough-bred Filly with French Connections, stamina, staying power although like Kauto I do some-times misjudge the hurdle.

I still say your avatar Is a big girls blouse.......

Teethg is what happens when you try to pronounce teeth with a mouthful of horses teeth.

Thorough-bred filly ? Neigh lass. A nag me thinks

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Snowfire;1326556 wrote: Teethg is what happens when you try to pronounce teeth with a mouthful of horses teeth.

Thorough-bred filly ? Neigh lass. A nag me thinks Right.... You are In soooo much trouble.... You know you love me !!!
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

I would like to actually Thank You Odie.....

When SF called me an old nag, Peter and I had a £20 bet that you would come In and post quoting Snowfire with your usual 3 laughing smilies.... I won the bet.

The problem with deleting a post Odie after you have clicked submit, Is that the post Is E mailed to those who have posted on It. Although you deleted It, It still came through to me.

You really do not get this British Irony do you? Just as Reginald D Hunter was pointing out on TV recently.... the ability of Brits to take the **** out of each other yet be good friends.

All you are doing Is showing that you trawl threads looking for posts where you believe there Is some umbrage between myself and another member. It is glaringly obvious to all here and you just make a fool of your-self.

Thanks any-way as due to you being on form, I won £20. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Snowfire.... will E Mail you later and I will add a pic of Gordon Brown....
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1326617 wrote: I would like to actually Thank You Odie.....

When SF called me an old nag, Peter and I had a £20 bet that you would come In and post quoting Snowfire with your usual 3 laughing smilies.... I won the bet.

The problem with deleting a post Odie after you have clicked submit, Is that the post Is E mailed to those who have posted on It. Although you deleted It, It still came through to me.

You really do not get this British Irony do you? Just as Reginald D Hunter was pointing out on TV recently.... the ability of Brits to take the **** out of each other yet be good friends.

All you are doing Is showing that you trawl threads looking for posts where you believe there Is some umbrage between myself and another member. It is glaringly obvious to all here and you just make a fool of your-self.

Thanks any-way as due to you being on form, I won £20. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Snowfire.... will E Mail you later and I will add a pic of Gordon Brown....

you should really think about deleting some of your posts.:yh_wink

and you certainly can't take a joke.:rolleyes:

and icons are there to be used.:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

My Avatar.

Odie;1326621 wrote: you should really think about deleting some of your posts.:yh_wink

and you certainly can't take a joke.:rolleyes:

and icons are there to be used.:yh_rotfl Quite the opposite... Had Snowfire have not of been engaging In what we British call 'Banter' and that of which you have no concept, and I had Indeed been unable to take a joke, I would have reported his post.

The mere fact that you Immediately deleted your post after submission tells us all that you obviously had second thoughts and It would be seen as trolling, as It was. Why delete the post If It was entirely innocent???

In Fact Odie... you have quoted SF on 4 occasions since I rejoined FG quoting him to add your Icons... That is trawling threads I believe looking for what you believe Is umbrage. Only because you have no Idea of the British form of banter, you have mis-taken SF and I to be enemies quite In-accuratly.

You are making a fool of your-self.
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1326625 wrote: Quite the opposite... Had Snowfire have not of been engaging In what we British call 'Banter' and that of which you have no concept, and I had Indeed been unable to take a joke, I would have reported his post.

The mere fact that you Immediately deleted your post after submission tells us all that you obviously had second thoughts and It would be seen as trolling, as It was. Why delete the post If It was entirely innocent???

In Fact Odie... you have quoted SF on 4 occasions since I rejoined FG quoting him to add your Icons... That is trawling threads I believe looking for what you believe Is umbrage. Only because you have no Idea of the British form of banter, you have mis-taken SF and I to be enemies quite In-accuratly.

You are making a fool of your-self.

Its funny how you only get upset with me, huh, seems you've haven't changed, I thought after you were banned things would be different....stupid me.

I commented on how sorry I was & was sympathetic when you cut your dogs tail off....

so if you think I'm trolling.......so be it....as always you think you are always right.

quoting others when they say something funny is not trolling.

If you ever venture onto other threads...perhaps then you will know what having fun is all about......not sure what changed you, but your just no fun anymore.

end of, as I am tired of you always mocking me when I have done nothing wrong.

and yes.......you will come back with something else...just like you always have.

tis best for me to put you on ignore.........
Betty Boop

My Avatar.

Post by Betty Boop »

Ignore is a great idea for both of you. Bickering ruins threads, its predictable and boring for other members.
Odie

My Avatar.

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1326638 wrote: Ignore is a great idea for both of you. Bickering ruins threads, its predictable and boring for other members.

I fully agree Betty, bickering does ruin threads and it's very predictable.

-I have had Oscar on ignore as of last night.

It is indeed a great feature!:-6

I apologize binbag my friend, for ruining your avator thread.
Arena

My Avatar.

Post by Arena »

I have two miniature dachs who look very like these two.

I might change it later.
HippieMan86

My Avatar.

Post by HippieMan86 »

Oscar Mate;1326453 wrote: I actually look at folks avatars very closely as It reveals a great deal about their personality and It reflects generally the way the member views them-selves and not as others may view them.

That is an interesting reasoning as to why someone would chose a certain avatar Oscar Mate. I'd hate to find out what that says about me?!?! I chose it because I wanted to join a Forum to talk about hippie suff and the movie Zardoz came to mind. A weird tripped out movie from the 70's.. I was thinking about using the giant floating talking head statue from the movie aswell but I found this pic. and thought it would make a funny pic. Definitely random and obscure unless you have seem the movie
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
theia

My Avatar.

Post by theia »

My goodness, this takes me back...2005 maybe? Was it a member called baby girl or similar, who offered to make an avatar for me. I told her I liked blue and, bless, this is what she came up with :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
LarsMac

My Avatar.

Post by LarsMac »

HippieMan86;1453321 wrote: That is an interesting reasoning as to why someone would chose a certain avatar Oscar Mate. I'd hate to find out what that says about me?!?! I chose it because I wanted to join a Forum to talk about hippie suff and the movie Zardoz came to mind. A weird tripped out movie from the 70's.. I was thinking about using the giant floating talking head statue from the movie aswell but I found this pic. and thought it would make a funny pic. Definitely random and obscure unless you have seem the movie

Given your fascination with the 60's perhaps you should pick an avatar more related to that decade.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
HippieMan86

My Avatar.

Post by HippieMan86 »

Well the 70's were a product of the 60's so I think it's okay.
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
LarsMac

My Avatar.

Post by LarsMac »

HippieMan86;1453489 wrote: Well the 70's were a product of the 60's so I think it's okay.

That's like saying Pee is a product of beer.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
HippieMan86

My Avatar.

Post by HippieMan86 »

LOL.. Well that's kinda what it was like... The 60's were cool then some people started getting to high and then you have the 70's. I like certain things that come from all decades. There was some good stuff in the 70's. This current decade is kinda weird though.
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
fuzzywuzzy

My Avatar.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've had too many avatars wouldn't know what mine mean
FourPart

My Avatar.

Post by FourPart »

I think mine's fairly self explanatory.

As my nick implies, I am passionate about music - in particular 4 part SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor Bass) singing, just as I do in a local Community Choir, so I decided to make an appropriate personal animated avatar depicting just that.

The avatar depicts a musical stave in 4:4 time (4 quarter beats to the bar), merging into the word 'Part' - 4:4 -> Part.

Nothing really fancy, but unique to me.
theia

My Avatar.

Post by theia »

FourPart;1459323 wrote: I think mine's fairly self explanatory.

As my nick implies, I am passionate about music - in particular 4 part SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor Bass) singing, just as I do in a local Community Choir, so I decided to make an appropriate personal animated avatar depicting just that.

The avatar depicts a musical stave in 4:4 time (4 quarter beats to the bar), merging into the word 'Part' - 4:4 -> Part.

Nothing really fancy, but unique to me.

I like it :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”