kill an Amalekite

Discuss Sikhism, Shinto, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Kabbalah, others.
Shimon

kill an Amalekite

Post by Shimon »

In Deuteronomy 25:17-19. in which we are commanded to remember the evil of Amalek and to eradicate it from the face of the earth.

Amalek was an Middle Eastern nation that had an inborn hatred towards Israel. They

would attack Jews for absolutely no reason. it was an intrinsic unexplained need to destroy God's people. You cannot stop them through diplomacy or reeducation .The only thing you could do, as was commanded, to kill them.

As time went by the Amalekite nation assimilated into the people around them,the nation destroyed itself with hatred. But the characteristic remains today.

Today's Amalek is an internal enemy. The trait we hate most about ourselves but see in other people.

It’s the voice inside each of us that derides, belittles and attacks truth and our very believes ,

It’s the tendency to mock people who act morally, filled with doubt about our own or other's sincerity, this is the the modern day Amalekites. They wage a lethal war with our soul.

There is only one effective response to Amalek's attacks, Annihilation, kill them. Don't argue back, it won't work.They do not understand what you are saying all they know is hate and will not listen to reason.

You could have an inspiring, uplifting and peaceful moment of spiritual awakening that can be killed in an instant by Amalek's sarcastic remarks or attacks. Comments like no proof = no god. Or get real, that doesn’t happen in modern times, or Who ya kidding?

You can't fight cynicism with reason. Just wipe it out. No dialogue.

The Next time your cynical Amalekite attacks, show it no mercy, Ignore him, and Beat him at his own game: Do good things for no reason. Be kind without an explanation. Love your neighbor as yourself. free your soul, kill (ignore)an Amalekite
chonsigirl

kill an Amalekite

Post by chonsigirl »

That is a very interesting modern day look at the Amalekite.
Glaswegian

kill an Amalekite

Post by Glaswegian »

Shimon;1326136 wrote: In Deuteronomy 25:17-19. in which we are commanded to remember the evil of Amalek and to eradicate it from the face of the earth.

Amalek was an Middle Eastern nation that had an inborn hatred towards Israel. They

would attack Jews for absolutely no reason. it was an intrinsic unexplained need to destroy God's people. You cannot stop them through diplomacy or reeducation .The only thing you could do, as was commanded, to kill them.

As time went by the Amalekite nation assimilated into the people around them,the nation destroyed itself with hatred. But the characteristic remains today.

Today's Amalek is an internal enemy. The trait we hate most about ourselves but see in other people.

It’s the voice inside each of us that derides, belittles and attacks truth and our very believes ,

It’s the tendency to mock people who act morally, filled with doubt about our own or other's sincerity, this is the the modern day Amalekites. They wage a lethal war with our soul.

There is only one effective response to Amalek's attacks, Annihilation, kill them. Don't argue back, it won't work.They do not understand what you are saying all they know is hate and will not listen to reason.

You could have an inspiring, uplifting and peaceful moment of spiritual awakening that can be killed in an instant by Amalek's sarcastic remarks or attacks. Comments like no proof = no god. Or get real, that doesn’t happen in modern times, or Who ya kidding?

You can't fight cynicism with reason. Just wipe it out. No dialogue.

The Next time your cynical Amalekite attacks, show it no mercy, Ignore him, and Beat him at his own game: Do good things for no reason. Be kind without an explanation. Love your neighbor as yourself. free your soul, kill (ignore)an Amalekite
In the above post you say that the Amalek had an inborn hatred towards Israel, and an intrinsic need to attack and destroy Jews. And because of this the only thing to do is kill the Amalek.

I find this view of yours strange and disturbing, Shimon. Because elsewhere in this forum you stated that:

Shimon wrote: everything was made by the Creator and inside the creature

According to you, then, the Amalek’s inborn hatred of Israel was something the Creator endowed them with. Likewise, their intrinsic need to attack and destroy Jews was also produced in them by the Creator. So how could Jews possibly be justified in annihilating the Amalek and eradicating them from the face of the earth? Responsibility for the Amalek’s enmity and aggressive behaviour towards the Jews lies not with themselves but with the Creator. For He made them that way.

The view you express in your post is obscene, Shimon. It is the sort of view one would expect from Heydrich or Himmler. Not a Jew.
Clodhopper

kill an Amalekite

Post by Clodhopper »

Chuckle. My first response was, "What's an Amalekite? Are they tasty?"

The Next time your cynical Amalekite attacks, show it no mercy, Ignore him, and Beat him at his own game: Do good things for no reason. Be kind without an explanation. Love your neighbor as yourself. free your soul, kill (ignore)an Amalekite (my bold)

This is the key point, I would say. Shimon has said that when he's talking about this sort of stuff, he's talking metaphorically. That's the way I've taken it.

Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Yeah!
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Shimon

kill an Amalekite

Post by Shimon »

thanks Clodhopper.

its all about fighting your inner demons, Amalek is an internal enemy.
Clodhopper

kill an Amalekite

Post by Clodhopper »

It's that sort of wisdom, which seems to be present in all the major religions, which stops me being anti-religious. Though I think if there is a Hell, an awful lot of religious types are going to burn baby burn. And good riddance.

It seems to me that all the major religions (I'm thinking Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism though I'm much less clear about the last) have their inner truths and outer rubbish. The inner truths they have in common basically seem to come down to "Be nice, children!" The outer rubbish is all the kids (us) going, "But he broke my toy and I hate him forever!"

Queen Elizabeth I said, way back in the C16 about Christianity and its schisms, "There is only one Jesus Christ. The rest is dispute over trifles." Perhaps nowadays she might say, "God is God. The rest is dispute over trifles."
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Eastern Religions”