This has to be the worst thing I have ever done....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I had a good day with things going to plan but It went all tits up around 10 pm last night by my being too much In a hurry and did some-thing I will never forgive myself for.

Last night I shut my dogs tail In the bathroom door and cut the tip off which Peter picked up off the floor.

Scully Is 15 years old and very slow. She has an annoying habit at times of following me every-where Including the toilet.

I nipped to the bathroom and as usual she trotted In but In a hurry I was ushering her out the door carefully watching for the tail as I always do but just caught the tip.

The blood was like some-thing out of a horror flick and made worse by Peter making a fuss of her so she wagged her tail flicking copious amounts of blood all over the walls and furnature.

I applied a spray I have that contains aneasthetic and applied pressure but It would not stop pouring with blood.

Peter sat up all night with her Incase she lost too much blood until he could get her to the vet early this morning.

The vet applied a bandage that she Immediately ripped off getting In the car to come home and It did not stop her barking at a passing Bee either.

Damn I feel so guilty...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1326058 wrote: I had a good day with things going to plan but It went all tits up around 10 pm last night by my being too much In a hurry and did some-thing I will never forgive myself for.

Last night I shut my dogs tail In the bathroom door and cut the tip off which Peter picked up off the floor.

Scully Is 15 years old and very slow. She has an annoying habit at times of following me every-where Including the toilet.

I nipped to the bathroom and as usual she trotted In but In a hurry I was ushering her out the door carefully watching for the tail as I always do but just caught the tip.

The blood was like some-thing out of a horror flick and made worse by Peter making a fuss of her so she wagged her tail flicking copious amounts of blood all over the walls and furnature.

I applied a spray I have that contains aneasthetic and applied pressure but It would not stop pouring with blood.

Peter sat up all night with her Incase she lost too much blood until he could get her to the vet early this morning.

The vet applied a bandage that she Immediately ripped off getting In the car to come home and It did not stop her barking at a passing Bee either.

Damn I feel so guilty...

I hope she gets her own back. You watch, she'll be sleeping on the top tread of your stairs tonight. Mark my words
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oy vey Julie,

Your poor doogie. Don't feel guilty...It was an accident and she survived.

Hope you, Peter and Scully feel much better xxxx

Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1326058 wrote: I had a good day with things going to plan but It went all tits up around 10 pm last night by my being too much In a hurry and did some-thing I will never forgive myself for.

Damn I feel so guilty...

awwwwwwww Its not your fault, accidents happen even with our pets.

You were lucky to have that spray anesthetic to help with the pain, as it would have really hurt!

I hope you have more bandages......poor Scully!

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Aw poor little thing but you didn't mean it so don't feel so bad. I hope she will make a fast recovery!!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I can definitley relate to you pain, oscar. But what I did was worse and I'll never forget it. Years ago, while backing out of parking place in front of my home, I accidently ran over a stray puppy. I did not realize that he was right there, in back of my tires. I was so upset and shaken. My mother-in-law, who saw the accident, offered to bury the dog for me.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1326115 wrote: I can definitley relate to you pain, oscar. But what I did was worse and I'll never forget it. Years ago, while backing out of parking place in front of my home, I accidently ran over a stray puppy. I did not realize that he was right there, in back of my tires. I was so upset and shaken. My mother-in-law, who saw the accident, offered to bury the dog for me. That is horrific.... And some-thing that stays with you for life.

I had similar some years.... Coming home late at night there was a black cat belting up the pavement as I drove along. I dropped my speed right down to a crawl as I know any-thing can spook them and he would either bolt Into the road or the other way. Sure enough he bolted straight out In-front of me and I could not avoid hitting him as It was all too fast. He wasn't killed out-right and I got out the car, scooped him up and drove to a local 24 hour vets surgery but he died In my lap as I was driving him there. That has stayed with me for years and always will.

Scully has been remarkably bright today although her tail Is now half an Inch shorter than yesterday. Almost as though nothing had happened but I still feel guilty and she still followed me to the bathroom today so nothing learnt there !!

Scully thanks Kathy for the scumlicious treats.

And Snowfire.... If Scully lies on top of the stairs tonight then phantom builders have come In and built another floor..... I live In a Bungalow :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I used to live In a high rise on the 32nd floor and then I moved to the 33 rd floor.... but that Is another storey.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1326115 wrote: I can definitley relate to you pain, oscar. But what I did was worse and I'll never forget it. Years ago, while backing out of parking place in front of my home, I accidently ran over a stray puppy. I did not realize that he was right there, in back of my tires. I was so upset and shaken. My mother-in-law, who saw the accident, offered to bury the dog for me.

awwwww Diana, it must have just traumatized you!

I can relate to your feelings as I had told you mine about a car being backed up once.

some things you can never get over...but it wasn't your fault.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

May she sh!t in your shoes till xmas Julie as payback:sneaky:

you must be devastated hun, hugs and hope Scully feels better soon :-6
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1326124 wrote:

And Snowfire.... If Scully lies on top of the stairs tonight then phantom builders have come In and built another floor..... I live In a Bungalow :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I used to live In a high rise on the 32nd floor and then I moved to the 33 rd floor.... but that Is another storey.

Dont ! Stop it ! Oh my ribs. Thats another one cracked.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1326230 wrote: Dont ! Stop it ! Oh my ribs. Thats another one cracked. You know you love me !!!

Scully has been nibbling her tail.... or should I say lack of tail. Any more of that nonsense and she will be In one of those collars. Just as It stops bleeding and begins to heal, she Is at It nibbling.

I can state that salt does Indeed get blood out of rugs... the floor kind, not a syrup.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I cut our Collies tail with ice skates when I was a kid. I still feel bad.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1326416 wrote: I cut our Collies tail with ice skates when I was a kid. I still feel bad. What was your Collie doing on an Ice skating Rink?

Have you missed an opportunity here Fromad? The worlds first Ice skating Collie? See what you have done? That Collie could have been a star and you thwarted her career.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

accidents happen all the time :-3

it wasn't your fault :D
I miss you Odie
Oscar Namechange

M.A.S;1326633 wrote: accidents happen all the time :-3

it wasn't your fault :D Thank You M.A.S but I still feel guilty for It was my Impatience that led to the accident. If I had not been In such a hurry, It would not have happened.

My friends will never let me forget this.... I went Into the shop Saturday night and they had put a notice up on the wall In the shop: It said:

TAIL DOCKING SERVICES

QUICK, PAINLESS AND CHEAP

BATHROOM DOOR METHOD

PLEASE CONTACT JULIE ON **********
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh they'll be 'dining out' on that incident, at your expense, for quite some time I would think :yh_rotfl

By the way I sent you an email ma'am ! :yh_wink
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1326668 wrote: Oh they'll be 'dining out' on that incident, at your expense, for quite some time I would think :yh_rotfl

By the way I sent you an email ma'am ! :yh_wink It has not stopped her eating and barking though Gill !!!!

Got E Mail Mrs... and have replied... really looking forward to 'you know what' !!!!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

oscar;1326058 wrote:

Damn I feel so guilty...

Oh how horrible! I understand exactly how you feel! Once, when I was younger, I was raising some field mice and the mother had babies. They got out of the cage and started running everywhere, as I spun to pick them up, I accidentally stepped on one and crushed it. I'll never forget that horrifying feeling if I live to be 100.

On this subject, did you know that there once was a child who used a slingshot to kill a beautiful barn owl, then felt so awful and ashamed of what he did he started drawing cartoons of animals. Eventually he created an empire out of that remorse for his act. His name was Walt Disney.
Oscar Namechange

Saint_;1326680 wrote: Oh how horrible! I understand exactly how you feel! Once, when I was younger, I was raising some field mice and the mother had babies. They got out of the cage and started running everywhere, as I spun to pick them up, I accidentally stepped on one and crushed it. I'll never forget that horrifying feeling if I live to be 100.

On this subject, did you know that there once was a child who used a slingshot to kill a beautiful barn owl, then felt so awful and ashamed of what he did he started drawing cartoons of animals. Eventually he created an empire out of that remorse for his act. His name was Walt Disney.

What a lovely Insight Into Walt Disney....

Your story has now reminded me of the mouse I accidently killed In my garden. It was after spilt bird seed and I was trying to catch It knowing the cat would have It but stepping back, I trod on It and killed It... I leave them to take their chances with the cat now !!!

Return to “General Chit Chat”