Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1323345 wrote: Good Morning everyone, hope all is well.

I have no idea what you two were talking about, so I'll just pass.:yh_rotfl

Mowed the lawns, did the weed-eating, going to be very hot and humid the next few days....again.:-5

Cashew is now climbing walls.:yh_rotfl

Hey Odie, I didn't know you ate weeds ! :yh_rotfl Looks like you and Cashew will both be climbing walls if you get hot and humid again - I should think you've had enough of it now aintcha ? :-6 :-5 :lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1323449 wrote: Hey Odie, I didn't know you ate weeds ! :yh_rotfl Looks like you and Cashew will both be climbing walls if you get hot and humid again - I should think you've had enough of it now aintcha ? :-6 :-5 :lips:

Someone has to eat weeds, I don't have a goat!:yh_rotfl

Luckily I have central air conditioning, I could never survive without it.:-5

Cashew I just had to have, she gets along great with the other 4 and such a little character, she's brought so much joy and love to me and I needed that.

yup.....its now 5!:yh_rotfl

How was your day and how is your son's friend doing now?
Life is just to short for drama.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Andy's friend had a good break, and by the time we got him home he was much happier, thank goodness! Over the weekend he decided to change his church and so did his partner. He proposed to her, and she said 'yes', and the pair of them have had constant big grins since ! They won't actually marry till next year some time. I'm so happy for the pair of them as they are lovely and are so suited to each other. It is good to think that maybe we helped a little bit, they so deserve a bit of happiness. He was so down when he came away with us, but he was able to unburden himself a little and get rid of some 'baggage' while he was away. He told us that it had made such a difference to him, and he could get things into perspective now, and not dwell on insignificant things or things that he had no control over. I wish them every happiness. :-6
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1323458 wrote: Andy's friend had a good break, and by the time we got him home he was much happier, thank goodness! Over the weekend he decided to change his church and so did his partner. He proposed to her, and she said 'yes', and the pair of them have had constant big grins since ! They won't actually marry till next year some time. I'm so happy for the pair of them as they are lovely and are so suited to each other. It is good to think that maybe we helped a little bit, they so deserve a bit of happiness. He was so down when he came away with us, but he was able to unburden himself a little and get rid of some 'baggage' while he was away. He told us that it had made such a difference to him, and he could get things into perspective now, and not dwell on insignificant things or things that he had no control over. I wish them every happiness. :-6

It sounds like you two had a huge impact on his life.

to much baggage is stressful on anyone, you brightened his life and helped him through some rough times, you are a dear friend for doing that.:-4

Nice to know they are happy and getting married.

You & Chris help so many people in life Gill, look what you and Chis did helping your neighbour who's kitchen was on fire.

Your both make a caring and remarkable couple:-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1323468 wrote: It sounds like you two had a huge impact on his life.

to much baggage is stressful on anyone, you brightened his life and helped him through some rough times, you are a dear friend for doing that.:-4

Nice to know they are happy and getting married.

You & Chris help so many people in life Gill, look what you and Chis did helping your neighbour who's kitchen was on fire.

Your both make a caring and remarkable couple:-6

Aw shucks ! Nah, we just help folk if and when we can, I suppose we try to be good neighbours and friends that's all!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Hope all is OK with you all! Somebody has to have had a good weekend!

Well I've had a sh!t of a day today, well all weekend really. Saturday got my hubby to the coach station well in time, took Andy's friend back to his house, then on the way back I started to get migraine! Just managed to get home before my eyes were looking totally through a bathroom window! Grabbed a couple of paracetamols, rang up some friends of ours, who had invited me to a curry meal out (Chris couldn't go because he was representing our family at a christening in London). Had to excuse myself from the evening out grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think it is a mix of not sleeping well and stress! They were very sympathetic and understanding. I went to bed for a few hours and woke up later with no whirls in my eyes, or headache, so I must have caught it just in time, thank goodness!

However, a week ago we had to buy another freezer as ours had died, the replacement will be delivered next Friday. This lunchtime, I walked up the road to collect our car and go to the supermarket to get some bits. We have to park away from our house on Friday and Saturday nights, to try to avoid vandalism. I got in the 'oven', opened all the windows, started the engine etc and drove off. There was a peculiar noise as I drove down the hill to the main road, so I stopped to check the car. Somebody had cut off my front offside tyre valve, so the tyre was flat! :-5 :mad: I won't bore you with the details of the hassle I had getting help, but fortunately I managed to contact a neighbour who came along with a friend and changed my wheel for me (I hadn't got a car jack! But they did !). I managed to reach the nearest Kwikfit tyre place, and it cost me an arm and a leg for two new tyres (the other front tyre needed replacing as it was worn). It is a Volvo 850 (T 5) and the tyres a pretty big and wide ! Hubby doesn't know that we're nearly £200 less in the bank now ! Not till I pick him up after 11 pm from the coach station tonight! I had to replace the 'good' offside tyre because I'd damaged it driving down the damn hill ! It was a nearly new tyre as well grrrrrrrrrr.

I shall be glad when this weekend is over ! :-5:-5:-5

So that is the three bad things - My dear dog died, my fridge/freezer died, and some bas++rd destroyed my tyre ! I would dearly love to find out who damn well did that to my car! I think they would regret it deeply! :mad::mad::mad:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill,

no noise to battle through tonite lol !! me and the freind finally parted company last nite, had enough now, told her to stay away for good. gonna get tarred with the same brush if i carry on hanging round with her and at my age, thats not what i need lol, anyway all my associates know what shes like, shes the talk of the town and they know im not like that.

had a busy day, got all my chores done so tomorrow, when wallys gone to play school, im off into town to sort out what to do with the rest of my life.............. to look for another job or retire. i will lose some benefits but gain others, so i dont think i will have much form filling in to do.

its a bit scarey, another part of my life over but who knows what round the corner anyway ??

ive not had the plaster on since june 4th, had to wear that air boot for a while but the swelling tended to sneak through the gaps and made it quite sore at times so i gave it up. i can use my foot ok but i have to remember to elavate it as much as i can. the swelling has gone down about 80% but then ive had puffy ankles for a long time, something else due no doubt, to the hours ive spent on my feet in the chippy. the constant pain i was in, in my hips knees and ankles also seems to have dissapeared too so perhaps all this was a blessing in diguise !!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Good luck for tomorrow, Helen ! Do you mean to say you have actually kicked your 'friend' into touch ? :yh_rotfl :lips: Oops, I shouldn't do that really.............. :wah::lips:

By the way, you seem to have missed my epic in the post before yours ! :lips:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1324022 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! Hope all is OK with you all! Somebody has to have had a good weekend!

Well I've had a sh!t of a day today, well all weekend really. Saturday got my hubby to the coach station well in time, took Andy's friend back to his house, then on the way back I started to get migraine! Just managed to get home before my eyes were looking totally through a bathroom window! Grabbed a couple of paracetamols, rang up some friends of ours, who had invited me to a curry meal out (Chris couldn't go because he was representing our family at a christening in London). Had to excuse myself from the evening out grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think it is a mix of not sleeping well and stress! They were very sympathetic and understanding. I went to bed for a few hours and woke up later with no whirls in my eyes, or headache, so I must have caught it just in time, thank goodness!

However, a week ago we had to buy another freezer as ours had died, the replacement will be delivered next Friday. This lunchtime, I walked up the road to collect our car and go to the supermarket to get some bits. We have to park away from our house on Friday and Saturday nights, to try to avoid vandalism. I got in the 'oven', opened all the windows, started the engine etc and drove off. There was a peculiar noise as I drove down the hill to the main road, so I stopped to check the car. Somebody had cut off my front offside tyre valve, so the tyre was flat! :-5 :mad: I won't bore you with the details of the hassle I had getting help, but fortunately I managed to contact a neighbour who came along with a friend and changed my wheel for me (I hadn't got a car jack! But they did !). I managed to reach the nearest Kwikfit tyre place, and it cost me an arm and a leg for two new tyres (the other front tyre needed replacing as it was worn). It is a Volvo 850 (T 5) and the tyres a pretty big and wide ! Hubby doesn't know that we're nearly £200 less in the bank now ! Not till I pick him up after 11 pm from the coach station tonight! I had to replace the 'good' offside tyre because I'd damaged it driving down the damn hill ! It was a nearly new tyre as well grrrrrrrrrr.

I shall be glad when this weekend is over ! :-5:-5:-5

So that is the three bad things - My dear dog died, my fridge/freezer died, and some bas++rd destroyed my tyre ! I would dearly love to find out who damn well did that to my car! I think they would regret it deeply! :mad::mad::mad:

It was probably a mix of stress, glad your feeling better as migraines are nasty.:-5

omg.....more vandalism!:-5

I knew you had to buy a freezer, but now its added up.

When we lived at our old house, it was the same, kids vandalizing cars.:-5

now my neighour just had his garbage bin and green bin stolen.:-5
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1324025 wrote: hi gill,

no noise to battle through tonite lol !! me and the freind finally parted company last nite, had enough now, told her to stay away for good. gonna get tarred with the same brush if i carry on hanging round with her and at my age, thats not what i need lol, anyway all my associates know what shes like, shes the talk of the town and they know im not like that.

had a busy day, got all my chores done so tomorrow, when wallys gone to play school, im off into town to sort out what to do with the rest of my life.............. to look for another job or retire. i will lose some benefits but gain others, so i dont think i will have much form filling in to do.

its a bit scarey, another part of my life over but who knows what round the corner anyway ??

ive not had the plaster on since june 4th, had to wear that air boot for a while but the swelling tended to sneak through the gaps and made it quite sore at times so i gave it up. i can use my foot ok but i have to remember to elavate it as much as i can. the swelling has gone down about 80% but then ive had puffy ankles for a long time, something else due no doubt, to the hours ive spent on my feet in the chippy. the constant pain i was in, in my hips knees and ankles also seems to have dissapeared too so perhaps all this was a blessing in diguise !!!

good for you, kick out the trash as you just don't need her.

Well, you did hate that place, and lugging around potatoes all day, so something will happen much better for you now.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Thinking about the vandalism on my car, we think it might have been somebody trying to get the wheel off - it is alloy, and Volvo wheels are not cheap. One of the fellas who was undoing the wheel nuts to change the road wheel for my spare, said that one of the wheel nuts was loose. He did have quite a job to remove the other nuts, so maybe a thief was disturbed, and out of spite he wrenched off the tyre valve, or maybe he just couldn't undo the remaining nuts, so he was spiteful! Chris is going to report it to the police, so it is logged down, either as criminal damage or attempted theft of the wheel.

You know, according to reports, overall crime in our county is down from previous years. I personally believe that it is a case of people are not bothering to report crime, as they have no confidence that the police will do anything about it !
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

mornin all,

gill, id swear your post wasnt there when i put mine up !!!

got to tidy up, gather the relevant paperwork together and get of up to town as soon as my boy has gone to school...................... i do hope this is going to be as pain free as possible :-3 you know how long you can be stuck in there for !!!

just tried to phone them to see what i actually need to take but its now an 0845 number and im not wasting my credit on that !!! be cheaper to get a taxi into town :sneaky:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Hope all are OK today :-6

Helen, I did post mine over 20 minutes before you posted yours, never mind! :yh_wink Oh gawd, I sounded like Odie there for a minute - oops sorry Odie :-6 :wah:

That's me in the

:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

today has been quite a success !!! dont have masses of paper work to fill in, just got to wait a few days for them to sort my pension out properly and from what im likely to be getting, i dont think i shall do too badly............. perhaps getting old is having its benefits after all. got to cancel my working tax credits of course then go up to the council tomorrow and tell them of my change of circumstances and that wont alter the help im already getting............. think im going to take the opportunity to sit back, gather my wits and regain my health then see where i go from here.............. this just might be the turning point i need !!!!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1324077 wrote: Thinking about the vandalism on my car, we think it might have been somebody trying to get the wheel off - it is alloy, and Volvo wheels are not cheap. One of the fellas who was undoing the wheel nuts to change the road wheel for my spare, said that one of the wheel nuts was loose. He did have quite a job to remove the other nuts, so maybe a thief was disturbed, and out of spite he wrenched off the tyre valve, or maybe he just couldn't undo the remaining nuts, so he was spiteful! Chris is going to report it to the police, so it is logged down, either as criminal damage or attempted theft of the wheel.

You know, according to reports, overall crime in our county is down from previous years. I personally believe that it is a case of people are not bothering to report crime, as they have no confidence that the police will do anything about it !

think you could be right there gill.

they seem to be more intent in this town on persecuting the kids that come down here than tackling "proper " crime.............underage drinking, accidents etc have been going on ever since time began so why theyve suddenly clamped down on all this is a mystery............
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1324133 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! Hope all are OK today :-6

Helen, I did post mine over 20 minutes before you posted yours, never mind! :yh_wink Oh gawd, I sounded like Odie there for a minute - oops sorry Odie :-6 :wah:

That's me in the

most of my posts are skipped over......so there!:yh_rotfl

nice cool day here, but I've had a pain in my right side since yesterday........ouch!

and I need to get the old bats hedge trimmed on my side while its still cool.:-5

can't lift the electric hedge trimmers today.:mad:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1324077 wrote: Thinking about the vandalism on my car, we think it might have been somebody trying to get the wheel off - it is alloy, and Volvo wheels are not cheap. One of the fellas who was undoing the wheel nuts to change the road wheel for my spare, said that one of the wheel nuts was loose. He did have quite a job to remove the other nuts, so maybe a thief was disturbed, and out of spite he wrenched off the tyre valve, or maybe he just couldn't undo the remaining nuts, so he was spiteful! Chris is going to report it to the police, so it is logged down, either as criminal damage or attempted theft of the wheel.

Some don't bother to report here as they know, whats the point? The police are never going to find them.......90% of vandalism cases are not solved.

Helen;1324137 wrote: today has been quite a success !!! dont have masses of paper work to fill in, just got to wait a few days for them to sort my pension out properly and from what im likely to be getting, i dont think i shall do too badly............. perhaps getting old is having its benefits after all. got to cancel my working tax credits of course then go up to the council tomorrow and tell them of my change of circumstances and that wont alter the help im already getting............. think im going to take the opportunity to sit back, gather my wits and regain my health then see where i go from here.............. this just might be the turning point i need !!!!!

I told you that on fb, that it may be better financially if you retire and you may just enjoy your new freedom!

hats off Helen!:-6
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

you could very well be right there odie, ive spent a long time worrying about what was gonna happen to my finances when i quit work and would i be able to manage, ok, i wont be living the life of the rich and famous but at least i will be able to live MY life and thats all that count isnt it ??
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

gill,

im watching " the hairy bikers " cooking programme on bbc 2............... they are in wells next the sea, cooking norfolk dumplings !!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks Helen, they're now at Cromer ! Just caught a bit of Wells LOL
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1324191 wrote: you could very well be right there odie, ive spent a long time worrying about what was gonna happen to my finances when i quit work and would i be able to manage, ok, i wont be living the life of the rich and famous but at least i will be able to live MY life and thats all that count isnt it ??

Most of us do worry about our finances when we retire.

I certainly don't live in the spot light as you know, but as you said, its YOUR life now, not your employers.:yh_wink
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone!

hot hot and more hot again, oh well, its summer!:yh_rotfl

thunder rolled me out of bed at 6 a.m. so got lots of stuff done, nothing new, just stepping out to do some chores.:driving:

hope everyone is well and being good:sneaky:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

evenin all,

wally has spent the day with the boss of his play school, shes got a farm so hes been in his element today.............. mud, water, other dogs and horses. she picked him up at 9-15am and has just bought him back... 5-30pm, hes had his tea and is now flat out on his chair.... snoring lol. hes absolutely pooped, bless him and its been well worth the money ive paid ............

we've come to an arrangment that he will still go a couple of days a week when im better, just to give him something else to do and to be honest im loath to give it up altogether cos he enjoys it so much and they enjoy having him too.

plus if hes out all day, it might give me a chance to get out and about without having to rush back and let him out....

been a miserable day here, overcast and raining but sooooooo hot !!!

im begining to miss the " freind " a little bit but im damned if im giving in, shes been round here nearly every day for the past 15mths so it will feel a bit odd to start with. i already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i shall be a lot better off, finacially, without her and i can put what i spent on her towards wallys school fees cant i ???
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! A bit late, I know, but I forgot that I hadn't called in today !:wah:

Odie, we're always good .......... tut ! :lips:

Helen, you will get better value for money, spending it on your Wally ! :yh_rotfl Ere, I saw film of police sorting out under-age drinkers in Newquay, on TV yesterday. Can't remember what the programme was, but it could have been 'The One Show' on BBC 1 at 7pm. There was also footage of the Coastguards warning young people about the cliff tops and that the fences were there for a purpose, and that last season a young man fell to his death from the cliff top! I hope there aren't any more fatalities there this year! :(

By the way, on the local radio this morning a young woman said that there would be 'sprite bells' today, with maybe a few light showers. or did she mean 'shyte lowers' ? :yh_rotfl As it happens, she was right ! :wah:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1324586 wrote: evenin all,

wally has spent the day with the boss of his play school, shes got a farm so hes been in his element today.............. mud, water, other dogs and horses. she picked him up at 9-15am and has just bought him back... 5-30pm, hes had his tea and is now flat out on his chair.... snoring lol. hes absolutely pooped, bless him and its been well worth the money ive paid ............

we've come to an arrangment that he will still go a couple of days a week when im better, just to give him something else to do and to be honest im loath to give it up altogether cos he enjoys it so much and they enjoy having him too.

plus if hes out all day, it might give me a chance to get out and about without having to rush back and let him out....

been a miserable day here, overcast and raining but sooooooo hot !!!

im begining to miss the " freind " a little bit but im damned if im giving in, shes been round here nearly every day for the past 15mths so it will feel a bit odd to start with. i already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i shall be a lot better off, finacially, without her and i can put what i spent on her towards wallys school fees cant i ???

A life of a dog on a day on a farm, he must have just been one happy doggie:guitarist and he had his tea!:yh_rotfl

You right, you don't need friends that do favors only to get paid.:sneaky:

You new life has made you so much happier, glad everything is finally working out for you.

hot hot hot here again, just came in from sitting outside reading a magazine and watching my birds.:guitarist

G#Gill;1324666 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! A bit late, I know, but I forgot that I hadn't called in today !:wah:

Helen, you will get better value for money, spending it on your Wally ! :yh_rotfl Ere, I saw film of police sorting out under-age drinkers in Newquay, on TV yesterday. Can't remember what the programme was, but it could have been 'The One Show' on BBC 1 at 7pm. There was also footage of the Coastguards warning young people about the cliff tops and that the fences were there for a purpose, and that last season a young man fell to his death from the cliff top! I hope there aren't any more fatalities there this year! :(

By the way, on the local radio this morning a young woman said that there would be 'sprite bells' today, with maybe a few light showers. or did she mean 'shyte lowers' ? :yh_rotfl As it happens, she was right ! :wah:

and you said you never swear!:wah:

tons of drownings here this year, mostly young children, the heat draws everyone out to pools, backyard swimming pools and lakes.

fgs, put a life jacket on your kid at all times.:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1324666 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! A bit late, I know, but I forgot that I hadn't called in today !:wah:

i heard one say we were going to have shattered scowers one day lol.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

talkng of shattered scowers......... we've had a beautiful day here so i gave my plants a good watering............. its now raining like its going out of fashion !!!

the young lad that died here last year died climbing UP the cliff, not falling down it, he couldnt be bothered to walk a few yards across the beach to the steps !!!

the parents are just as much to blame as anyone, actually sending them down here with suitcases full of booze even though they know theyre not old enough to drink, then they blame the hoteliers for not taking care of their little darlings while they are sunning themselves on some sunny foreign beach...............

like someone wrote in our local paper the other day, what do the parents expect of groups of 16/17yr olds on the loose for the first time ever........ that they are going to play bingo and be in bed by 10-30pm ??? :-5:-5
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1324802 wrote: talkng of shattered scowers......... we've had a beautiful day here so i gave my plants a good watering............. its now raining like its going out of fashion !!!

the young lad that died here last year died climbing UP the cliff, not falling down it, he couldnt be bothered to walk a few yards across the beach to the steps !!!

the parents are just as much to blame as anyone, actually sending them down here with suitcases full of booze even though they know theyre not old enough to drink, then they blame the hoteliers for not taking care of their little darlings while they are sunning themselves on some sunny foreign beach...............

like someone wrote in our local paper the other day, what do the parents expect of groups of 16/17yr olds on the loose for the first time ever........ that they are going to play bingo and be in bed by 10-30pm ??? :-5:-5

grrrrrrrrrr you never read my posts...........post #1875.:sneaky::-5

parents expect to much from teens...some are like children & need to be supervised at all times.:-5

and besides......much easier just to sit on the beach and ignore them.:rolleyes:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1324805 wrote: grrrrrrrrrr you never read my posts...........post #1875.:sneaky::-5

parents expect to much from teens...some are like children & need to be supervised at all times.:-5

and besides......much easier just to sit on the beach and ignore them.:rolleyes:

i do read them honest, this is what i got into trouble for ages ago !! i read them and then make a sort of general post to everyone..............
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1324805 wrote: grrrrrrrrrr you never read my posts...........post #1875.:sneaky::-5

For heaven's sake, Odie, please don't start that all over again ! :-5 :rolleyes:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks!.................................. just poppin in to say HI ! Hope all are OK ! :yh_wink:-6
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning all,

well back from hospital already !!!

i got shown and had my x-rays explained to me properly this morning................... and i expected to be over this in a few weeks ?? !!

apart from the breaks in my leg, my ankle had literally fallen apart so i cant have the pins out anyway. he said if i was a footballer my career would be over and done with !!! just got to continue to take it easy til january, go back for more x-rays then and see where i go from there.

as the swelling goes down over night and isnt too bad during the day now,things should slowly progress in the right direction................ so i guess tap dancing and marathons are out for a while :p :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks!

Hi Helen, you seem to be progressing Mrs ! Good on yer ! Well you will have to refrain from violent, energetic excercise for a while - that will cut out any thoughts of kicking your previous boss, but at least you are living away from that awful place where you would be tempted to kick your 'neighbours' whenever they ran a shower and leaked the water onto your bed, or played that dreadful 1,000 db 'music' all night ! There are a few plus points ! It does seem, however, that as you say, the marathon will have to wait for another year ! :wah: :( It's no good you will have to join a local social club and get involved with other things and other people - you never know what could come of that :wah: I reckon you could 'pull' Mrs ! :yh_wink
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good afternoon Gill and Helen!:-6

Helen, I know you still have a long way to go, chip up now, just remember, your retired.:guitarist

and Wally's in doggy daycare!:yh_rotfl

Gill, yourself and Chris are outstanding neighbours, I wish I was so lucky to have you live next door to me.

again, you had no choice, you went above and beyond for your neighbors fire.

but....you must tell her daughter she is no longer capable of being on her own and you and Chris just may not be there one day...........

tired now...mowed the lawns....did all the weed-eating....used the leaf blower to clean up, watered the gardens, filled up the birdbath and feeder.

Odie needs a nana nap...sometimes its just to much.:-5
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1324836 wrote: Ay up me ducks!.................................. just poppin in to say HI ! Hope all are OK ! :yh_wink:-6
Hi Gill... Glad you are OK after the fire next door.

Glad to see you got HD tele. We got ours a few months back.. Panasonic and the quality Is quite something and worth the extra money.

I am just waiting to go Into hospital to get rid of this Ovarian cyst and then I can get on with things. The pain Is making me quite cranky.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi everyone,

had a busy weekend, shopping, dog walking and a night out last night, first time without me crutches !! everyone looked after me so i was ok, walked a bit like john wayne for a bit :-2 ( and that was before i had a drink !!! )

had my freind down for the night, he did a 600 mile round trip to take me out and im feeling a bit low now hes gone again, the silence is deafening !!!

the weathers not too good either, still warm but very wet........... it held off long enough last night for us to sit outside and indulge in my favorite pastime of people watching......... and there were some sights to behold, believe me !!!:-3

oh well, a new week tomorrow........ im so bored now, its driving me mad :mad:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1325481 wrote: hi everyone,

had a busy weekend, shopping, dog walking and a night out last night, first time without me crutches !! everyone looked after me so i was ok, walked a bit like john wayne for a bit :-2 ( and that was before i had a drink !!! )

had my freind down for the night, he did a 600 mile round trip to take me out and im feeling a bit low now hes gone again, the silence is deafening !!!

the weathers not too good either, still warm but very wet........... it held off long enough last night for us to sit outside and indulge in my favorite pastime of people watching......... and there were some sights to behold, believe me !!!:-3

oh well, a new week tomorrow........ im so bored now, its driving me mad :mad:

sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!:guitarist

and no crutches, good for you!

It is sad sometimes when our friend leave.

just had my brother and wife over for breakfast, so its time for my nap!:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Glad you're feeling better Helen. Boy, it's taking a long time to recover.

Feel better.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi odie and kathy,

yes its been a long FIVE months believe me !!!

i can actually give up my crutches altogether if i want to, i have done at home but i feel that if im out and about and people can see that ive been mortally wounded :wah: they will give me a bit of a wide berth and my foot wont get trodden on or kicked and i feel that bit safer but i must take the plunge to do it soon or i will never walk unaided !!!

we've had a cracking day here but rain forcast for the rest of the week...........

wallys only going to day care three days this week, got to start cutting a few corners now til i get things sorted out, hopefully that wont take too long.............
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1325629 wrote: hi odie and kathy,

yes its been a long FIVE months believe me !!!

i can actually give up my crutches altogether if i want to, i have done at home but i feel that if im out and about and people can see that ive been mortally wounded :wah: they will give me a bit of a wide berth and my foot wont get trodden on or kicked and i feel that bit safer but i must take the plunge to do it soon or i will never walk unaided !!!

we've had a cracking day here but rain forcast for the rest of the week...........

wallys only going to day care three days this week, got to start cutting a few corners now til i get things sorted out, hopefully that wont take too long.............

better to see you out and about wounded, more perks!:yh_rotfl

It must be very expensive sending Wally each day!

It's a holiday here today, didn't do to much, just a few errands.

but...the heat is back.:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1325658 wrote: better to see you out and about wounded, more perks!:yh_rotfl

It must be very expensive sending Wally each day!

It's a holiday here today, didn't do to much, just a few errands.

but...the heat is back.:-5

oh yes :sneaky: :wah:

people give up their seats for you and i didnt have to go and buy one drink on saturday night............ plenty of willing souls to go and do it for me !!!!:)

its been costing me £60 a week for wallace but hes gone all day and has become much better in the car and a bit more tolerant of other dogs too.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

:-5Helen;1325676 wrote: oh yes :sneaky: :wah:

people give up their seats for you and i didnt have to go and buy one drink on saturday night............ plenty of willing souls to go and do it for me !!!!:)

its been costing me £60 a week for wallace but hes gone all day and has become much better in the car and a bit more tolerant of other dogs too.

freebees everywhere, you've earned them!:sneaky::wah:

I imagine its helped Wally in so many ways, as you said, he has become better in vehicles and made some new doggies friends, but its also good that he gets out with his own kind, plays and romps around.

as I mentioned to you on fb......my neighbour?

that dog is in his cage from 5am until 7pm, then goes out for a short walk, then sleeps with his son.

He was away this past weekend and his son never took him out for a walk, so he pee'd in his cage.:lips:

He told his dad he took him in the backyard, until I had to remind him he doesn't do his business there, he only does it when he goes for a walk, I had said to him, your lucky no one called the Humane society as that is sheer cruelness.:-5

He never bothered to traint the poor dog, so if he's out he pee's everywhere.

If I call the authorities...they will take the dog and put it down, plus my neighbour would know it was me.

hot again today....to hot, off to do some chroes.

keep up the good work not using crutches!:-6
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

I hope you forgive me but I don't feel like reading back all the posts I've missed. :(

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I've been so busy with Louie and it's taking a toll on me. Seems like we get over one hurdle and then the next one pops up. I have left what's happening now in my room in case anyone is interested.

This has been the worst Summer we have ever had here. Rain and so hot that you can't really get much done outside. I hope the Winter isn't going to blast us with record snow fall amounts :wah:

I hope this message finds you all doing well :-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Sorry for my absence .................. been a bit busy !

We'll be going away for a couple of weeks from 13th August an have to freshen up various extra bedding etc. I've also been seeking out various special memorabelia that I want to save, like the video tape of my mum and dad's golden wedding that they celebrated aboard our boat! Various ornaments obtained during our married life, and also inherited from my parents. You know the sort of special things that have special memories. I have already taken a fairly large plastic box of photos to our 'Butty' (the name we've given to our static caravan!). I've found yet another large plastic box of photos, which will need to go there ! I've found a load of old-type standard 8 film of various activities - some of them of my son when he was a little boy ! Yes I've also still got the equipment to play them back! However, I did have the foresight, a couple of years ago, to have these films copied to CD, but I put them somewhere safe and I can't find them as yet ! :-5

By the way, 5 hot air balloons came over our house, one of them was only about 20 feet above the roof! He was 'burning' like mad to try to gain height to miss the houses, and they were travelling at about 15 mph in the fairly stiff breeze. He was the lowest and he just managed to get clear and progress onwards and into the countryside. :-6 :D

Attached files
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I'M BLOODY EMIGRATING !!!!!!!!!!

The neighbour who enjoys burning her dinner has been playing 60's and 70's music for 3 hours now, at full volume !!!! A dog across the way is yapping his flamin head off, and has been doing that for nearly an hour !!!!!!

I don't mind 60's and 70's pop music, but not at full volume through the wall for 3 chuffin hours ! I tried to watch TV and had to have the sound up much louder than I usually do have it, just to follow the story line ! Then that flamin dog yapping !!! Are people deaf? It obviously wants to go back in the house !

Oh, thank goodness, she's turned the music off, so she must be going to bed. I would think that's about it as she has to be up at 5 am to go to work at the nearby petrol station - they open at 6 am. Oh, and somebody has let the dog in at last......................... is it peace at last, or am I hoping for something alien here? :-5 :-5 :-5
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

You, Odie and I certainly have the same problems with our neighbors, don't we....grrrrrr:thinking:

I also don't understand why people are so loud. I bought ear plugs to wear when the boys next door are loud and for the loud bennys on the beach. They don't work too well though, but they help. I also put my head phones on. But, why do we have to do this. They have more rights than we do for sure:-1

I'm glad your neighbor has gone to sleep. Get out your Irish gig music and blast it about 4 AM:wah: That's what I plan to do when the boys get loud.

Maybe you'll have peace at your static....hope so and hope the weather is good for you.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks !

Hi Kathy, I don't think we will stoop this low with our noisy, antisocial neighbours though ! :-3 :( :rolleyes:

Neighbours escape double attack - Yahoo! News UK
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi all,

thought i better put in an appearance............ feeling a bit sorry for meself again.

my freind has been going thru a bit of a rough time this week. he was promised better accomodation so quit the place he was staying then got told he couldnt move to the new place til tonite so has had to sleep in his car all week !! now hes settled in and got money for food etc, hes off out tonite and hasnt got time to talk to me despite the fact ive been up all hours during the week, keeping him company, albeit at the end of a phone !!

yesterday, i made contact on face book with my eldest grandaughters godfather, who ive not seen for probably 20yrs............... and whats the first thing he does when he finds out ive been widowed ??? make a bloody pass at me !!! :-5

why do all men make the presumpsion that just cos you're on yer own youve got to be gagging for it ??? :-2

one bonus this week is that "my yappy dog" across the way seems to have been silenced so now im able to have me windows open again............

rant over, i have read all the posts :p just needed to let off steam :lips:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Sounds like we've all got something to rant about ! :wah: I think life would be too boring if there wasn't something to shout about ! Still, it's good to be able to get things off one's chest, once in a while. Hey, Helen, is this grand daughter's godfather single, well-moneyed ? If no, tell the bugger to sod off, if yes, ask him how many sugars he takes in his tea ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1326244 wrote: Sounds like we've all got something to rant about ! :wah: I think life would be too boring if there wasn't something to shout about ! Still, it's good to be able to get things off one's chest, once in a while. Hey, Helen, is this grand daughter's godfather single, well-moneyed ? If no, tell the bugger to sod off, if yes, ask him how many sugars he takes in his tea ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

oh gill, you are ruddy priceless :yh_rotfl :-4

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”