Gill's talk mutter hut

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

it still wont let me post with a quote ................. no matter how much i write, it says my post is three characters too short to be posted !!!!!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1320698 wrote: it still wont let me post with a quote ................. no matter how much i write, it says my post is three characters too short to be posted !!!!!

that happens to me as well!:-5

go to a different area in fg and try again:

click 'reply with quote'

click 'advanced' to use smileys, icons or uploads.
Life is just to short for drama.
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

Helen;1320698 wrote: it still wont let me post with a quote ................. no matter how much i write, it says my post is three characters too short to be posted !!!!!

It did that to me sometimes because I was trying to post ABOVE the quote.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1320710 wrote: It did that to me sometimes because I was trying to post ABOVE the quote.

I just wrote 4 lines and it did the same!:-5

so I had to delete the post and try again.:mad:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning all,

wet here this morning !!! and in gills area theyve just imposed a hosepipe ban !!!

last year the farmers couldnt get their crops out of the ground because of the wet now they are having to feed their animals on next winters feedstuff cos the grass has stopped growing due to lack of rain !! what is happening to our weather ??

well, today has already started off on a bad note for me .............. my friend ( who came and put my furniture together for me ) has just been told he's being moved further up country to work on friday. he's already 150 miles away as it is and now its even further away !!

it was touch and go if he was given another job when this one ended so it was very hard, talking to him this morning,pretending im glad he's going when all i wanted to do was cry and tell him not too but i cant be that selfish can i ??? specially when hes in a considerable bit of financial trouble himself.................
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321022 wrote: morning all,

wet here this morning !!! and in gills area theyve just imposed a hosepipe ban !!!

last year the farmers couldnt get their crops out of the ground because of the wet now they are having to feed their animals on next winters feedstuff cos the grass has stopped growing due to lack of rain !! what is happening to our weather ??

well, today has already started off on a bad note for me .............. my friend ( who came and put my furniture together for me ) has just been told he's being moved further up country to work on friday. he's already 150 miles away as it is and now its even further away !!

it was touch and go if he was given another job when this one ended so it was very hard, talking to him this morning,pretending im glad he's going when all i wanted to do was cry and tell him not too but i cant be that selfish can i ??? specially when hes in a considerable bit of financial trouble himself.................

I'm glad you finally had some rain, our weather patterns are different each year to.

Last year was cold and wet, this year, wet and hot.

It's sad when a friend moves far away, your not being selfish, your just upset.

nothing new here, just hot.

Hoping you are doing well Gill with your son's friend.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1321040 wrote: I'm glad you finally had some rain, our weather patterns are different each year to.

Last year was cold and wet, this year, wet and hot.

It's sad when a friend moves far away, your not being selfish, your just upset.

nothing new here, just hot.

Hoping you are doing well Gill with your son's friend.

hes more than a freind odie, hes the one person i can rely on no matter what and its left me feeling pretty vulnarable right now !!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hey, i did the quote thing............. now ive got to remember how i did it :wah:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321195 wrote: hes more than a freind odie, hes the one person i can rely on no matter what and its left me feeling pretty vulnarable right now !!

Oh my god, my neighbour is the same hun, he is the only one I can count on as well, he has done so many repairs and helped me.

I would feel lost to, as like you, I could always count on him.

I'm so sorry Helen, we need a man to help us, being on our own.

Helen;1321196 wrote: hey, i did the quote thing............. now ive got to remember how i did it :wah:

see, your learning.

just hit 'reply with quote', if you want to add icons or pics, press 'go advanced' after that.

good girl!:guitarist
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi odie,

left a comment about you kitten on the other site !!

i found the one like her that i had, outside my door in a thunderstorm, just a few weeks old............ i took her in, dried her off and put a notice in the local shop, for her owner to come and get her. after a few days, a young lad came and got her and i told him if they no longer wanted her that he could bring her back............ so a few days later, back she came, along with a tin of meat and a fork !!!!!

she gave me years of fun, we'd play hide and seek, she would run across the garden when i put the washing out and claw her way up my back and bite my neck lol

according to what my vet told me, you only get females in this colour, they are known psychos with terrible tempers !!! and if you do get a male, they are genetically impaired eg, 6/7 toes on one foot, sterile or bits missing !!!

sadly i had to let her go when i moved to the chip shop, (A) cos we were right beside a busy main road and ( B ) because of hygene reasons in the shop !!

she is now on a farm and still giving everyone hell at 16yrs old !!

cant count the pints of blood i lost from the scratches she gave me over the years, she was more like a small dog than a cat !! lol but i loved her dearly..............
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321274 wrote: hi odie,

left a comment about you kitten on the other site !!

i found the one like her that i had, outside my door in a thunderstorm, just a few weeks old............ i took her in, dried her off and put a notice in the local shop, for her owner to come and get her. after a few days, a young lad came and got her and i told him if they no longer wanted her that he could bring her back............ so a few days later, back she came, along with a tin of meat and a fork !!!!!

she gave me years of fun, we'd play hide and seek, she would run across the garden when i put the washing out and claw her way up my back and bite my neck lol

according to what my vet told me, you only get females in this colour, they are known psychos with terrible tempers !!! and if you do get a male, they are genetically impaired eg, 6/7 toes on one foot, sterile or bits missing !!!

sadly i had to let her go when i moved to the chip shop, (A) cos we were right beside a busy main road and ( B ) because of hygene reasons in the shop !!

she is now on a farm and still giving everyone hell at 16yrs old !!

cant count the pints of blood i lost from the scratches she gave me over the years, she was more like a small dog than a cat !! lol but i loved her dearly..............

Oh I was just on the other site and never saw it, that's strange eh?

Oh that was really nice that he brought her back to you Helen!

I had a tortoiseshell female before and she wasn't physco or a temper, will pray this doesn't happen as she is a little girl, don't want pints of blood falling from me.

so sad you had to give her up.

She's doing really well and sticking up for herself with the other 4 cats, and she loves to snuggle with me for hours.

I got her off the dinning room chair last nite and kept her in bed with me, she slept with me until 7 and cuddled until we got up.

not so much hissing going on today with now having 5!:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning all,

a bit damp and overcast here today but very warm.

im about to walk the dog on my own for the first time in 4mths !!!! i took him out last nite but with a freind lurking in the background, just in case lol. i had total control over him the whole time and managed ok so i think i will be ok.

ive promised to text the friend as to when i leave and get home again, shes at work just up the road so if i get into trouble, she can pop out and pick me up !!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321362 wrote: morning all,

a bit damp and overcast here today but very warm.

im about to walk the dog on my own for the first time in 4mths !!!! i took him out last nite but with a freind lurking in the background, just in case lol. i had total control over him the whole time and managed ok so i think i will be ok.

ive promised to text the friend as to when i leave and get home again, shes at work just up the road so if i get into trouble, she can pop out and pick me up !!

That's great news Helen, now you can go back to walking him, it will get you out of the house and enjoy some time with him.

that's a nice neighbor you have.

cooler today and no humidity, it will all return late next week.

tis the hottest summer in over 15 years here.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi odie,

its been a long dry summer here too, everything is parched and the grass is brown, never satisfied are we ?? its either too wet or too hot !!! its now 10-15pm and ive still got the doors and windows open:-2

im just glad i had my accident when i did........ being laid up with long dark nights and cold weather wouldnt have been the best medicine............. not for me anyway !!! lol

took the dog out again this morning !! he was fine til another springer stuck its cold nose under his tail, he soon had something to say about that :mad:

didnt manage the whole walk this afternoon, got my freind to drop us off on the other side of the cliff path and we walked back, he was happy with that though.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321594 wrote: hi odie,

its been a long dry summer here too, everything is parched and the grass is brown, never satisfied are we ?? its either too wet or too hot !!! its now 10-15pm and ive still got the doors and windows open:-2

im just glad i had my accident when i did........ being laid up with long dark nights and cold weather wouldnt have been the best medicine............. not for me anyway !!! lol

took the dog out again this morning !! he was fine til another springer stuck its cold nose under his tail, he soon had something to say about that :mad:

didnt manage the whole walk this afternoon, got my freind to drop us off on the other side of the cliff path and we walked back, he was happy with that though.

nope, were never satisfied!:yh_rotfl

were back in the high temps and humidity late this week, everything closed up again and the a/c will be on!:-5:

I have my windows open 24/7, accept the two bay windows at the front, the door gets closed at bedtime.

that's to bad, that other dog, its hard enough for you with Wally, but it must feel good to get back out walking him!:-4

You've come a long way Helen in a short period of time, keep up the great work!

I have a 8 week old kitten (pic below, I am trying to get a real pic of her but she won't sit still:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl)

She is getting along great with the other four now, everyone just sniffs her, no more growling and hissing, not bad for her fourth day.

Hello Gill, are you ever coming back? Surely you must have 5 minutes a day?:rolleyes::sneaky::sneaky:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

well, i got as far as the doctors yesterday !! wish i hadnt bothered :mad: according to him, i shouldnt even be walking on my dodgy leg for another month :-2

i am also a pain killer addict cost ive taken 76 co-dydramol in nearly 5mths !! im also on diclofenic, an anti inflamitary drug, ive taken about 40 of those too so i could possibly drop dead from a heart attack at any moment :-3

think im gonna wait til the 29th when i see the surgeon, who perfomed the op before i start to panic :wah: this is supposed to be my final appointment and after that, i can use my discrestion as to when i return to work............

talk about putting the fear of god into someone...........

we are getting very heavy showers now though its still pretty warm. can certainly do with it....
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill,

hope you and chris are ok........ thinking about you :-4
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

the rain is that heavy at the moment, its set next doors car alarm off !!!!!!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ey up me ducks! We're sort of getting by at chez Gill, but it is going to be quite a while before we don't get a lump in the throat etc, when we see reminders of our dear Rex - he left his traces everywhere ! (mostly his fur which has found it's way into all sorts of unexpected nooks and crannies!).

Thanks to all who took time to send PMs etc. they were much appreciated.

XXX

We're out this afternoon, but I will try to come online sometime this evening. Hey Helen, seems like you have a bit of a tropical downpour where you are ! Well we were crying out for rain, so I suppose we should be grateful - I know farmers were muttering that their crops were only 2/3 height they should be at this time of year and they needed rain desperately. Well let's hope this will help them. At the moment we have heavy cloud, but no rain, although it has been promised for this afternoon/evening, but there is a warm breeze.

I hope everybody is OK. :-6:yh_bigsmi
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1321939 wrote: Ey up me ducks! We're sort of getting by at chez Gill, but it is going to be quite a while before we don't get a lump in the throat etc, when we see reminders of our dear Rex - he left his traces everywhere ! (mostly his fur which has found it's way into all sorts of unexpected nooks and crannies!).

Thanks to all who took time to send PMs etc. they were much appreciated.

XXX

We're out this afternoon, but I will try to come online sometime this evening. Hey Helen, seems like you have a bit of a tropical downpour where you are ! Well we were crying out for rain, so I suppose we should be grateful - I know farmers were muttering that their crops were only 2/3 height they should be at this time of year and they needed rain desperately. Well let's hope this will help them. At the moment we have heavy cloud, but no rain, although it has been promised for this afternoon/evening, but there is a warm breeze.

I hope everybody is OK. :-6:yh_bigsmi

I'm so glad your back.:-4

It will take time my friend, Rex was part of your family.

We've had high temps all summer and high humidity, going to rain tomorrrow but not going to cool it off.:-5

hoping you get some rain.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1321933 wrote: well, i got as far as the doctors yesterday !! wish i hadnt bothered :mad: according to him, i shouldnt even be walking on my dodgy leg for another month :-2

i am also a pain killer addict cost ive taken 76 co-dydramol in nearly 5mths !! im also on diclofenic, an anti inflamitary drug, ive taken about 40 of those too so i could possibly drop dead from a heart attack at any moment :-3

think im gonna wait til the 29th when i see the surgeon, who perfomed the op before i start to panic :wah: this is supposed to be my final appointment and after that, i can use my discrestion as to when i return to work............

talk about putting the fear of god into someone...........

we are getting very heavy showers now though its still pretty warm. can certainly do with it....

You may still be overdoing if your on that many pain killers.

try and relax and heal before the 29th!
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

Hoping you and family are feeling a little better today. Just know that I'm thinking about you.
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Just stopping by to let you know Gill that I'm thinking about you. *hugs*
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts - Chris and I are managing, though there are all sorts of reminders around the house, but we know things will ease off in a while. It will seem strange, the next time we go to Norfolk, not having our lovely Rex in the back of the car!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1321942 wrote: You may still be overdoing if your on that many pain killers.

try and relax and heal before the 29th!

thats about 155 days odie so i dont think 76 tablets in that amount of time is that bad........ considering the recommended dose writen on the packet is two, three times a day !!! i only take them if im going shopping or something and i know im going to be on my feet for 2/3 hours...............
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1322005 wrote: Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts - Chris and I are managing, though there are all sorts of reminders around the house, but we know things will ease off in a while. It will seem strange, the next time we go to Norfolk, not having our lovely Rex in the back of the car!

Good to know you and Chris are managing, its never easy..........
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1322033 wrote: thats about 155 days odie so i dont think 76 tablets in that amount of time is that bad........ considering the recommended dose writen on the packet is two, three times a day !!! i only take them if im going shopping or something and i know im going to be on my feet for 2/3 hours...............

wonder why your doctor was so upset then?:-2
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good morning everyone!

feeling down and depressed today, just one of those days when I need that certain someone.

Its 35C and will be getting much worse as the weekend comes, just fed up with this heat and humidity.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

man, this day just has to get better.:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

well, the torrential rain has arrived, the wind has blown most of my tubs over ............. i keep flying out and putting them upright again, dont want to lose my baby tomatos.

ive had to take my one hanging basket down to save it from being battered against the wall and this is JULY ?? !!

Wally is back from play school and we dont have to go out again til his last thing comfort break.

done what ive been told and got the leg elavated, the swellings not gone down but it does feel slightly more agile.............

better do myself something to eat i suppose................
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1322127 wrote: well, the torrential rain has arrived, the wind has blown most of my tubs over ............. i keep flying out and putting them upright again, dont want to lose my baby tomatos.

ive had to take my one hanging basket down to save it from being battered against the wall and this is JULY ?? !!

Wally is back from play school and we dont have to go out again til his last thing comfort break.

done what ive been told and got the leg elavated, the swellings not gone down but it does feel slightly more agile.............

better do myself something to eat i suppose................

oh my Helen, you did have a nasty storm!:-5

Wally must just love playschool, I should send all 5 cats there.:yh_rotfl

Great, keep your leg elevated as much as possible, eventually the swelling will go down.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! We've had torrential rain, thunder, lightning, hail, sunshine, wind (not the bean variety !), repeating (LOL) all day long - Chris said it was more like April !!! Hey, it's St. Swithin's day today! Gawd, mythology says we will have 40 more days of this !!!!!!:-5:-5:-5

I'm so glad we live on a hill ! :-6 :yh_bigsmi:yh_tong2

Helen, it's coming to something when you have to anchor your flower pots to the ground .............................. in July !!!!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1322190 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! We've had torrential rain, thunder, lightning, hail, sunshine, wind (not the bean variety !), repeating (LOL) all day long - Chris said it was more like April !!! Hey, it's St. Swithin's day today! Gawd, mythology says we will have 40 more days of this !!!!!!:-5:-5:-5

I'm so glad we live on a hill ! :-6 :yh_bigsmi:yh_tong2

Helen, it's coming to something when you have to anchor your flower pots to the ground .............................. in July !!!!

Helen had the same weather, and were in for it tonight.:mad:

Our summer has been a hot one as well, 38C today and its not getting any better.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

mornin all,

bright sunshine here today !!! wally's just gone to play school and thank god, my neighbour has taken the rubbish away, was preparing to go and see him this morning cos it didnt take long for my place to fill with flys when i opened me doors today.........

now ive got the rest of my day to myself.............. how much excitement can one stand ????? lol
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1322220 wrote: mornin all,

bright sunshine here today !!! wally's just gone to play school and thank god, my neighbour has taken the rubbish away, was preparing to go and see him this morning cos it didnt take long for my place to fill with flys when i opened me doors today.........

now ive got the rest of my day to myself.............. how much excitement can one stand ????? lol

Good Morning everyone!

whew, thank god that fish is gone! I guess being a fisherman he only has so much time......fly's everywhere does call for something said. He shouldn't be living that close to people.

Nice today here as well, still hot, but humidity has lighted a bit.

off to mow the back yard and do some cleaning around here.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

oh boy, ive had a long day trying to find help on this damn child support agency again,

my freind has been off sick for 5wks with high blood pressure, he went back to work last week, got his wages this morning and they had taken £450 from him so by the time he'd paid his taxes and national insurance and his board and lodgings, ( hes working away from home ) he's got nothing left to feed himself for the rest of the week !!!

my head is spinning rite now............. so im giving up for the nite !!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo,

wheres everyone gone ???? :-2 :-3
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1323046 wrote: Hellooooooooooooooooooooo,

wheres everyone gone ???? :-2 :-3

Good Morning everyone!

I'm here!:yh_rotfl

Not much new, still hot and sticky every day, a/c is going to drain my bank account.

supposed to rain all night and cool off 2 degrees, but they've said that before.:-5

Helen, how are you feeling?

Gill.........I hope you & Chris are doing a little bit better and hope you come back here soon!

Jazzy, where's our coffee?:sneaky::sneaky:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! But I really don't feel that exhuberant ! Hope you are all OK though. The weather here is sunny with cloudy bits, and we have been warned it could be showery. But it's quite warm.

Not sure about this 'child support' thing you mention Helen, perhaps I missed a post somewhere. :-3 I've not been online much, just to take a peek at who's doing what, with which and to whom ! :wah:

Missing my dear Rex like mad. :-1

Our fridge/freezer died the other day, so we have had to order another 'under counter' freezer, which will be delivered in another 9 days, but they will take away our old one. Our very old (43 years !) fridge is still working well (Prestcold) so we won't bother to get a combination fridge/freezer, as the new freezer will fit OK in our static, when we move. We've also invested in a £99.99 LCD TV (end of catalogue sale price!), it was getting a little silly trying to watch our tiny (12") portable in our sitting room - needed binoculars really :wah: The new one will be perfect for our static caravan. The old, big TV packed up some time ago - it was an analogue TV, so the tip has that now :wah: Although the new LCD TV (HD ready) is only 19", it is quite OK for what we want, and Chris thinks it's great for the price we paid, as I do ! It has all sorts of connections (for DVD, PC, Video etc), and it is small enough to not take up too much room in the car when we next go to Norfolk, although I expect we will probably take the small portable and leave it at the static. It's just nice to see a decent size picture at last !

So we've lashed out on a freezer and a TV (the last one available as it happens!), and now we've got to budget to pay our credit card back ! If we can manage to do that within about 6 weeks, we shouldn't be charged interest. Here's hoping anyway. :-3

It is very strange here, at the moment, we keep thinking we've got to get Rex his lunch, or his evening meal ! Chris organised his day, yesterday, around his usual dog walking time ! :( Well instead of dog-walking we went and spent money!

We'll come to terms with things, before long, I suppose. But Rex was such a big presence in our house, he has left such a large hole. It will be very strange when we next go to Norfolk, not having Rex in the back of the car, and organising comfort stops on the way, for him.

You all take care of yourselves, and Jazzy, I hope your Louie is OK and coping - bless him.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1323057 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! But I really don't feel that exhuberant ! Hope you are all OK though. The weather here is sunny with cloudy bits, and we have been warned it could be showery. But it's quite warm.

Not sure about this 'child support' thing you mention Helen, perhaps I missed a post somewhere. :-3 I've not been online much, just to take a peek at who's doing what, with which and to whom ! :wah:

Missing my dear Rex like mad. :-1

Our fridge/freezer died the other day, so we have had to order another 'under counter' freezer, which will be delivered in another 9 days, but they will take away our old one. Our very old (43 years !) fridge is still working well (Prestcold) so we won't bother to get a combination fridge/freezer, as the new freezer will fit OK in our static, when we move. We've also invested in a £99.99 LCD TV (end of catalogue sale price!), it was getting a little silly trying to watch our tiny (12") portable in our sitting room - needed binoculars really :wah: The new one will be perfect for our static caravan. The old, big TV packed up some time ago - it was an analogue TV, so the tip has that now :wah: Although the new LCD TV (HD ready) is only 19", it is quite OK for what we want, and Chris thinks it's great for the price we paid, as I do ! It has all sorts of connections (for DVD, PC, Video etc), and it is small enough to not take up too much room in the car when we next go to Norfolk, although I expect we will probably take the small portable and leave it at the static. It's just nice to see a decent size picture at last !

So we've lashed out on a freezer and a TV (the last one available as it happens!), and now we've got to budget to pay our credit card back ! If we can manage to do that within about 6 weeks, we shouldn't be charged interest. Here's hoping anyway. :-3

It is very strange here, at the moment, we keep thinking we've got to get Rex his lunch, or his evening meal ! Chris organised his day, yesterday, around his usual dog walking time ! :( Well instead of dog-walking we went and spent money!

We'll come to terms with things, before long, I suppose. But Rex was such a big presence in our house, he has left such a large hole. It will be very strange when we next go to Norfolk, not having Rex in the back of the car, and organising comfort stops on the way, for him.

You all take care of yourselves, and Jazzy, I hope your Louie is OK and coping - bless him.

I find the older makes last much much longer, the newer ones are built cheap and full of computers, but it is nice that your getting a new freezer.

HD t.v is just awesome qualtiy, enjoy your new t.v.:guitarist

I'll bet you both miss Rex, he was part of your family.

and....great to see you back!:-4:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I've not been gone, Odie, I've just not felt too jubilant, or bothered too much about posting. I have posted one or two on other threads, but my heart isn't really in it at the moment. Sorry I seem to have neglected the 'talk and mutter hut', but I've just not been feeling all that sociable. Bloody misery guts eh?:-5 :p :wah:

And this one's for all my long-suffering friends ! .........................

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill,

glad to see you back agian, i do know where your coming from about poor rex, a dog i had years ago slept at the bottom of my bed and it was a very long time before i stopped making room for her and slept with my legs out straight !!

think i put the CSA post on here several months ago, my friend had a letter from them, saying he was the father of a 13yr old boy and with out any proof what so ever they started taking money from him. in the last 2yrs theyve taken around £10,000.............. its a ruddy night mare trying to sort it out. sadly solicitors take in to account his full wages before ANY STOPAGES so he cant get legal aid. i think the next step is the newspapers, dont really know what else to do rite now.......... no wonder some of these guys end up taking their own lives !!!
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good afternoon everyone...Hope all are well.

Hi Helen,

Surely your friend can have a paternity test that will prove he is not the father, can't he? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi kathyellen,

hes looked into that but HE has to pay for all three tests, his, the boys and the mothers and its going to cost £750 !!! and the agency is taking nearly all his wages then by the time hes paid tax, national insurance and his rent, hes lucky to have money left for basic needs............. these people are a law unto themselves and have caused so much heart break and upset for 2nd marriages, they are at lberty to take household belongings, even your car and passport if they cant get the money !!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

there seem to be massive gaps at the end of each post now :-2
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Kathy, Helen. The large gap is because there is more information down the left column now.

Somebody I know, divorcee, had two girls by her ex, and apparently the CSA took nothing from him for the two girls! She had to struggle on with what benefits she could get off her own bat! Well, let's put it this way, if they did take money from him, she never saw a penny of it! If that is the case, then the CSA keep whatever money they can take from the father, for their own coffers ! Might be worth asking them for proof that the child is actually getting that money ! :thinking: :-3
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

she wont get any extra money, they stop what ever shes getting from the social security or whatever they call it these days and make it up with what they get from the father but how it costs £175 a week to keep a 13yr old when a grown man dosnt get that a fortnight to live on on job seekers i dont know !!!

well ive just found out via face book that i no longer have a job to go to............. looks like the bank has forclosed on them and they shut tomorrow !!!!!!!

in a way im not sorry, cos despite the broken leg, im no longer suffering from painful hips knees and ankles so it shows it was standing for hours peeling spuds that did it !!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1323253 wrote: she wont get any extra money, they stop what ever shes getting from the social security or whatever they call it these days and make it up with what they get from the father but how it costs £175 a week to keep a 13yr old when a grown man dosnt get that a fortnight to live on on job seekers i dont know !!!

well ive just found out via face book that i no longer have a job to go to............. looks like the bank has forclosed on them and they shut tomorrow !!!!!!!

in a way im not sorry, cos despite the broken leg, im no longer suffering from painful hips knees and ankles so it shows it was standing for hours peeling spuds that did it !!!

I can't say I'm sorry about the chippy, because of what it caused you. If you can find a part time job sitting at a cash-out in a store, I'm sure you would enjoy that. You'd meet lots of people and have a natter, and it would not be a strain on your back or legs. It was very good of them to tell you personally wasn't it? :yh_eyerol
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone, hope all is well.

I have no idea what you two were talking about, so I'll just pass.:yh_rotfl

Mowed the lawns, did the weed-eating, going to be very hot and humid the next few days....again.:-5

Cashew is now climbing walls.:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

evenin all,

had bad few days coupled with another frightening electric bill and losing my job.............

it was another estimated bill but ive got the correct reading now and it will be over £75 less !!!! ive also noticed that there ARE key meters for some of the other flats there so theres no reason why i shouldnt have one too and if needs be, i shall get the door key from the estate agent and get another one cut wether they like it or not !!!

didnt get to see my boss tonite, the shop is definately shut now and they were out so on monday i will have to go to the job center and get the ball rolling and sort myself out with either unemploment benifit or try to find another job and given my age, thats not gonna be easy !! so keep your fingers crossed for me...........

hospital next thursday and hopfully i can get back on the road to a normal life again !!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Oh Helen, when you put everything down like that, it looks awful ! Well, yes, it is awful ! A case of it never rains but it pours....................... makes you wonder why you are being picked on doesn't it? Is there no way you can contact Linda re your redundancy letter, to make it easier at the job centre? Tell them, anyway, at the job centre what has happened to your job. It is easy enough for them to check your story. You can't be blamed for your accident preventing you working, or that you have now, no job as they've been closed down! Surely you should get unemployment benefit straight away? Also check about rent assistance, community tax, etc.

With regard to the electric, have you been able to get the company to put a check meter in? There's got to be a come-back on that ludicrously high bill, and this new one ffs ! How did you get on at the C.A.B ? Good idea about getting a key meter put in, and damn quick - you'll have a lot more control over that then. I've just had a silly thought --------------- how do you know that a particular meter refers to your flat? It may have your flat number on it, but is it actually the meter that is connected to your flat? You may have somebody else's meter, somebody who uses an awful lot of electricity ! And somebody may have your meter and only paying a fraction of what they are actually using ! .................. just a thought ! Definitely have to have a door key if you have a key meter, otherwise you won't be able to access your new key meter - sorry that last was a bit surplus to requirements LOL.

Best of luck with the job-hunting and the hospital - how is your leg/ankle now? Have you still got to have those pins in? Don't do too much too soon, once you have your plaster/bandages off - little and often and carefully ! (nag nag nag :lips: :wah: ).................................... don't she go on so ? :yh_rotfl

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”