Supporting Members Can Now Open / Close Their Own Threads

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi All,

We talked about this way back when. If you create a new thread and you are a supporting member, you can now close it and/or re-open it when the time is right.

This gives you a little more flexibility in case the thread goes awry or off topic. :p
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Odie

Post by Odie »

thank you boss for another excellent job well done!:-6

nice feature!
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Tombstone;1320113 wrote: Hi All,

We talked about this way back when. If you create a new thread and you are a supporting member, you can now close it and/or re-open it when the time is right.

This gives you a little more flexibility in case the thread goes awry or off topic. :p

In terms of flexibility - and I do like what you've just done - could it extend to splitting such threads too? That, rather than closing, is the effective management tool for politely retaining focus within a thread.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Nice feature------------thanks
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Odie;1320120 wrote: thank you boss for another excellent job well done!:-6

nice feature!

Tnx!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

spot;1320121 wrote: In terms of flexibility - and I do like what you've just done - could it extend to splitting such threads too? That, rather than closing, is the effective management tool for politely retaining focus within a thread.

Done! (vBulletin dropped the split nomenclature...but now you can "move" your own threads now.)
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Lon;1320122 wrote: Nice feature------------thanks

You're welcome!
spot

Post by spot »

Tombstone;1320127 wrote: Done! (vBulletin dropped the split nomenclature...but now you can "move" your own threads now.)

You do pull surprising rabbits out of your hat sometimes. If there were a Magician group you'd definitely qualify for membership.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
beep

Post by beep »

spot;1320121 wrote: In terms of flexibility - and I do like what you've just done - could it extend to splitting such threads too? That, rather than closing, is the effective management tool for politely retaining focus within a thread.

Looking into this more. Looks like they killed the "split" function several years ago. There was a real problem with renumbering and other stats. I'll keep an eye open for a mod hack.

(BTW - This is my wife's test account.) Tombstone
Test
spot

Post by spot »

beep;1320132 wrote: (BTW - This is my wife's test account.) Tombstone

Crossdresser!!

eta: Splitting threads is definitely there for FG moderators, we used it frequently. A control box against each post in the thread, and a pull-down menu with Move (to a new thread) and Merge (into another thread). Maybe Move is the right term but it's not the same as "move the thread from this forum area to another", that's a forum-area-view tool rather than a thread-view tool.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

spot;1320131 wrote: You do pull surprising rabbits out of your hat sometimes. If there were a Magician group you'd definitely qualify for membership.

Hopefully I'm not pulling out Black Swans. :0
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

spot;1320133 wrote: Crossdresser!!

Ha! I'm afraid my frame doesn't quite allow for that.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

[QUOTE=spot;1320131]You do pull surprising rabbits out of your hat sometimes. [QUOTE]

Rabbits rule!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Excellent, Tombstone. Thank you!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

How do you close/open/move your own thread?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1321553 wrote: How do you close/open/move your own thread?

Hi Kathy, Tombstone here to help you, go to your first post, you'll see the word 'administrative' at the top, just click on that.

psst....don't tell him I was him today, wow, feels good to hold the reins.:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1321595 wrote: Hi Kathy, Tombstone here to help you, go to your first post, you'll see the word 'administrative' at the top, just click on that.

psst....don't tell him I was him today, wow, feels good to hold the reins.:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl

Thank you Odie. I learn something new each day.

Return to “News and Announcements”