Marijuana

koan

Marijuana

Post by koan »

lesley wrote: gosh...nothing more...your idea of germs ..is your idea of germs.....your missing the point of kensloft saying that maybe people just are who they are whether or not they smoke pot...ie..a potsmoker is not neseceraly a bad person........so its not what i may take into my body that makes me bad...its what comes out of me that could make me bad...i.e. wicked thoughts...anger...envy..greed....

mud pies love, i havent eaten one of those since i was a child, we probably dont know bout all the fly things in our lives......... and would that be alight sneeze from a reasonable distancex

Missing the point?

I believe dear kensloft was reiterating in his own words what I had posted earlier. And it was a lovely summary.
Paula

Marijuana

Post by Paula »

lesley wrote: not a hangover in the traditional alcohol sense.. but its a hangover all the same........i function fine without pot... and to be honest paula yes it does smell.. but heres the thing i can only be judged God.........it cant be Jesus you found behind your couch xx

A hangover from pot? Was it eaten or smoked? or both? i tried pot a few years ago for awhile, i made so many mistakes on deposits, at the bank (they know me) i would say what the hell i'm not on drugs? (little did they know). my brain was not normal during that period. YES, there can be the morning after feeling of pot.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
kensloft

Marijuana

Post by kensloft »

I don't think that it is a hangover but I know what you are saying. You are awaiting the pangs of 'hangoverdom' and there are not any. It is just a feeling of calmness. The thinking is clear. You're not looking for another joint to get rid of the feelings that usually accompany the hair of the dog attitudes from the drinking night out scenarios.

Clear headedly you go out into the world and do your thing.

Oh yeah? I don't get hangovers when I go out drinking. Used to get these wicked brainstompers but I found, accidentally, that eating bread before I went to sleep would let me wake up without the hammers ringing in the back of my eyes. My first encounter with this went with Portuguese buns having been eaten before sleep.

It was always a chuckle to be at work the following morning and listen as the phone calls would come in from the others claiming that they were sick and staying home for the day.
Paula

Marijuana

Post by Paula »

kensloft, you are an honest person, and what you say is good for me....i appreciate your posts. I have never really liked marijauna and here you are talking about it to make friends, thats not good, you are good. Life is short...yes my jesus was behind the couch....
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Marijuana

Post by koan »

Paula,

Here you are cracking jokes trying to make friends.

It's all good.
kensloft

Marijuana

Post by kensloft »

Paula wrote: kensloft, you are an honest person, and what you say is good for me....i appreciate your posts. I have never really liked marijauna and here you are talking about it to make friends, thats not good, you are good. Life is short...yes my jesus was behind the couch....

I appreciate that you appreciate that I am trying to be an honest, forthright person. There are lots of people that don't like marijuana so I have learned that that is what they want to do. It is not my place to try and get you to do something that you don't like. I am not asking you to do it.

All I am trying to do is to be objective about the controversy. If you don't like it then so be it. That is your choice. Your body is your temple and you do with it as you please.

It is when people misinform about its usage that I usually try to give the other perspective so that they don't come off as seeming to have a close-mindedness about them.

Government estimates in Canada say that there are three million people in Canada that smoke pot. You know that they are low-balling the figures. A Canadian trait is that when comparisons are drawn between America and Canada then you multiply by ten to arrive at the estimation of what is going on in the American culture.

I don't want to see people criminalized for their beliefs. I don't want to see people close their minds to what the reality is when it comes to what is going on around them. Life is short and it should be spent trying to do the right thing based on the indisputable facts of their observations. And I do mean their observations. Not the conclusions that other people want them to have because it is better for them. It is like being a fundamentalist. Instead of seeing the light, they see the darkness.

Next time you go behind the couch ask the Dude to share some wine and have a rap with you. Smoking is like drinking. The first time you get drunk, you are out of it. The next time that you get drunk you seem to be able to handle it a little better and so it goes.

Speaking of life is short. Contrary to popular belief drinking doesn't slow you down... it makes time go bye faster. There is so much that is missed.
Enigma

Marijuana

Post by Enigma »

I thought some of you might like to follow this link and perhaps add your voice to those who would like to see drug laws in the United States changed.

http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicyMain.cfm
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle." -James Keller

Say what you mean but don't say it mean. :yh_peace
Majenta

Marijuana

Post by Majenta »

I am dredging up this older thread in light of some of the more recent discoveries about marijuana - for instance, the fact that if you have a certain allele of a certain gene, taking marijuana in any form is highly likely to lead to psychotic symptoms, and/or depression. Are peoples' views still the same or have recent events changed things? I personally used to smoke it quite a lot, until I saw the bad effects it was having on some of my friends, and to a certain extent, me. I certainly think it should remain illegal, or at least, highly controlled, as its potential for damage is greater than a lot of people realise...
Accountable

Marijuana

Post by Accountable »

I just like the originating post:

burntandbleeding wrote: Marijuana is not a drug in my mind.
ssssssssssssiH *speaking while holding breath as only potheads can* No, dude. It's a drug in your lungs! *Khack khack cough gough * oh, that's good s**t man.
lady cop

Marijuana

Post by lady cop »

ACC...don't bogart that joint my friend!
greydeadhead

Marijuana

Post by greydeadhead »

Hey.. LC... ACC.. come on over.. got a houka lead for each of ya.... loaded with sinse and fired up......

Booooooyaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
lady cop

Marijuana

Post by lady cop »

greydeadhead wrote: Hey.. LC... ACC.. come on over.. got a houka lead for each of ya.... loaded with sinse and fired up......

Booooooyaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......:wah: :wah: :wah: bring it to the pub Grey!
anastrophe

Marijuana

Post by anastrophe »

Majenta wrote: I am dredging up this older thread in light of some of the more recent discoveries about marijuana - for instance, the fact that if you have a certain allele of a certain gene, taking marijuana in any form is highly likely to lead to psychotic symptoms, and/or depression. Are peoples' views still the same or have recent events changed things? I personally used to smoke it quite a lot, until I saw the bad effects it was having on some of my friends, and to a certain extent, me. I certainly think it should remain illegal, or at least, highly controlled, as its potential for damage is greater than a lot of people realise...

when talking about harm, it's necessary in my opinion to remain comparative. *everything* can be harmful. drinking too much water can kill you.

the risk of marijuana induced psychosis/schizophrenia should be considered with regard to other risks that adolescents and adults may face. remove the marijuana, and substitute alcohol, for example. risk increase - of many orders of magnitude - for damage to brain, liver, kidneys. risk of death from overdosage (there has never been an instance that i'm aware of, of a human dying from too much marijuana intake). risk of death from accidents while driving intoxicated.

most of these studies that come up with 'new' information regarding risks/damage caused by marijuana are just so much grasping at straws. use of any mind-alterant carries some risk. the risks are relative - some mind alterants have the risk of causing immediate death; others the risk of long term damage to the brain or organs; and others have risks far lower than most day to day activities we engage in.

i don't smoke pot. i stopped smoking it because i found that in my angst-ridden teens, it just made the angst worse. it just wasnt' the right drug for me. i have no qualms with anyone getting high, if that's what spins their wheels. humans have been getting high ever since the first caveman spun around real quick and got dizzy. heck, even chimpanzees will purposely spin in circles to get dizzy. it's a natural human activity. it's also a matter of choice.

the risk of harm from currently illegal drugs is increased significantly by their being contraband. the black market drug trade, the risk of adulterants, poor quality control, no dosing information, etc - all add up to the fact that making a drug illegal is often the source of most of the harm. i don't much like government control, since the government tends to attract incompetents, but if marijuana, heroin, cocaine, etc, were available by prescription, and the drugs themselves held up to modern quality control processes, proper dosing instructions, etc, an awful lot of harm to society would be alleviated. not to mention the vast numbers of non-violent drug felons who crowd our prisons no longer taking up space better meant for true dangers to society like good old BTK.

this post brought to you by my drug of choice, caffeine: caffeine, the choice of a boring, middle-aged, pudgy white-guy generation.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Marijuana

Post by anastrophe »

Far Rider wrote: I agree wholehartedly with your assessment. My concern would be it would then increase the risk based on prevalence. Using alcohol as an example due to its prevalence, many more people have access to it and it has increased the risks to innocent lives. Im not sure the numbers but alcohol related deaths for non drinkers would be a good example. How many innocent lives would never have been lost if prohibition stayed?

Increasing the number and type of mind altering drugs available for recreational use will have an impact on innocent lives. And that is a concern to me.

the problem is, the urge to get high is more often than not greater than the perceived risk of incarceration. that should be clear from the widespread use of illegal drugs. prohibition did little besides drive drinkers underground. it didn't significantly reduce use or abuse. same with any other drug. prohibition brought about a wave of violent crime matched only by the 'cocaine wars' of the 1980's i believe. as before - there are risks in everything. irresponsible people will drive drunk, whether alcohol is legal or illegal. one good thing we've learned though is that if the deterrent proposed is great enough, it *does* affect irresponsible use - drunk driving has gone down, because the penalties have finally gotten to the point where *most* people figure - 'shite, i can't lose my license and my car for a year and spend a month in jail and six months in rehab and have to pay thousands in fines - i better get a designated driver'. of course - some proportion of people are 'hardcore irresponsible', and no matter what the penalties, they'll do the crime - hopefully though, they'll do the time before killing innocent people.

an old friend of mine, who used to be a roommate back in my twenties, was a very heavy marijuana smoker. he has a PhD now, and is a high school teacher, very well respected. no idea if he still smokes, maybe, maybe not. way back when, he'd often get high before we'd go to SF Giants games. he'd drive. i didn't feel the slightest alarm when he drove - his driving was exactly the same high or not high. i suppose there are people who can drive carefully when drunk, but not many for sure. marijuana certainly didn't impair his judgement or driving abilities. i had another friend with whom i felt i was taking my life in my hands just driving across town with her, and she was a teatotaller.

way too much caffeine this morning. what's the riskbenefit analysis for forumgarden when paul goes on a caffeine jag?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
greydeadhead

Marijuana

Post by greydeadhead »

Awww..just legalize it. Then the federal and state governments can dip thier fingers into the tax pie .. create a whole new organic industry. Regulate it just like that socially acceptable drug.. alcohol... And as far as intricate protection of the pot fields by growers.. hell, it ain't no different than the shine runners during prohibition. I mean think about it, organized crime got fat during the 30's.. just like they are on the drug trade right now..
greydeadhead

Marijuana

Post by greydeadhead »

well.. that is the problem. Doing it legally you won't get the return on investment..

besides .. were I live the farmers just grow it between the corn rows.. no worries..
wormwood

Marijuana

Post by wormwood »

the risk of harm from currently illegal drugs is increased significantly by their being contraband.
I think this statement sums it up. We are only criminalizing a large part of the population. The war on drugs seems to have become a war on americans, and the more money we flush down the toilet on this war, the more drugs seem to flow freely. Seems like it is just a way to keep the prisons full. If not, why would such a large part of the prison population be drug offenders? It seems like if that many Americans are drug users, that must be the lifestyle Americans want, yet "our" government is content to just keep sending people to jail, instead of solving any actual crimes.
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

Last year I studied the effects of smoking marijuana and the legalization of it. Previous studies have suggested from Amsterdam and Germany that legalization of Marijuana has worked ok, I wish I could find the essay that I wrote about it.

A couple of things that legalization does is, it makes it a more acceptable drug and research has suggested that people are less likley to go on and use harder drugs, In Germany however it is distributed through some pharmacies as opposed to the open coffee shops in Amsterdam, the problem with the Pharmacy model is that people then go home and smoke it alone and are more prone to depression. With selling legally the buyer knows what they are getting, and THC levels can be controlled. These studies are now a bit old.

The problem with Marijuana today is that the THC levels in it are extremly high, and can cause psychosis, the main long term threat in particular has been with teenage girls and young women. However new studies are suggesting that with the higher THC content psychosis is becoming more of a threat to all those that use it.

Studies do also show that the IQ is lowered and response levels are slower for a couple of days after smoking pot. A person should not drive while or after they have been smoking.
wormwood

Marijuana

Post by wormwood »

orangesox1:

I can't really tell if your position is "for" or "against". As you mentioned, it leads to less substance abuse problems, not more, and the THC levels can be controlled, so if the higher levels are an issue you could simply take it down a notch.

the main long term threat in particular has been with teenage girls and young women. Could you site a case study or something to verify this?

Studies do also show that the IQ is lowered and response levels are slower for a couple of days after smoking pot. A person should not drive while or after they have been smoking.

As for what the studies show, this is debatable. I work in medicine and go to school for medicine, and I can honestly say that studies can be made to reflect almost any result regaurdless of how true. For example, one study shows that you need less carbs, and another shows that you need more...both are statistically true dependant upon which questions you ask in your survey and how you interpret your results. As for the I.Q., again this is debatable. Some of the smartest people I've ever met have been pot smokers, not to mention the musicians that wrote all of the best albums, and the writters of famous books. Personally I took the ACT 3 times, I went stoned and got my highest score of the three times (30). Until we better understand the human genome it will be really difficult to say what effects substances have on people. I say this because human physiology is so varied from person to person, that genetic catagories must first be identified and applied too effectively say what substances will do what to whom. Some people get cancer from smoking and some people are 105 still smoking cigars. This is not a fluke. It is beggining to be demonstarted that there are certain genetic "types" that are predisposed to get cancer, then when the environmental factors and toxins correlate with this, the person gets cancer. I say that more money should be spent on genetic research than any other area of science right now...genetics will contain the cure to all diseases. Either way, it seems ridiculous to outlaw a plant. It seems even more ridiculous to do so under the guise of protecting me from myself, when I could go to wal-mart and buy a box of rat poison and a shot gun tonight. :-5
wormwood

Marijuana

Post by wormwood »

One more thing orangesox1:

If you are interested in reading medical studies, see if you can find a harvard study (from 98-2000 i believe) that shows that pot just hyper-oxygenates the blood causing the euphoric feelings. I believe this study was used to promote "oxygen bars" for a while. Anyway food for thought.
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

As for what the studies show, this is debatable. I work in medicine and go to school for medicine, and I can honestly say that studies can be made to reflect almost any result regaurdless of how true.

Exactly right, how far can we manipulte the data to show what we want it to show? One of my assignments was about legalization of Marijuana, which I was for, as you then have control over the levels of THC, as it is now nobody really knows what they are smoking.

One of my other assignments was the effects marijuana has on the brain, again not really to much to worry about, however teenage girls in particular were more prone to depression leading to other problems. I will have another look tomorrow for the assignments, I'm just not really good at keeping old assignments. My area of study is Psychology.

I would also want to see an age limit on it as alcohol has.

What area of medicine will you go into?
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

Ok I found one of my assignment.

My abstract states: In a three city comparison study focusing on alternative drug policies, the question as to whether a libral drug policy would encourage an increase in cannabis use or heavier consumption shows that a liberal policy does not encourage either heavier or increased consumption. blal bla...

With a liberal policy a divided drug market occurs with cannabis users not having to contact someone selling harder drugs at the pick up point, this is not so with countries that have a repressive drug policy.

I finish up with: A liberal drug policy with restrictions on producers and distributers in Australia would result in an increase in goverment funds due to taxes on producing and growing, the taxes could then be used for rehabilitation of users that have been convicted for crime relating to harder drugs.

I also think the same restrictions should apply to a person smoking marijuana that apply to drinkling alcohol. I would not want the pilot of the 747 I was flying in to be stoned, and would you want a surgen operating on your heart or brain if he were stoned? I know I wouldn't.

If you want a copy of this assignment I will email it to you, but this is not the one on the effects, I still can't find it. This one does have quite a few legal issues in it, that complicate legalizing marijuana. I got a pretty good mark for it too.
wormwood

Marijuana

Post by wormwood »

This one does have quite a few legal issues in it, that complicate legalizing marijuana. I got a pretty good mark for it too.

What sort of complications? How would it be different than tobacco for example?

As for medicine, for now I am studying traditional chinese medicine...i tried a year of allopathic medicine but I just didn't care for the methodology. I might transfer into a program for genetic engineering but I don't know if the US will make some stupid law hindering genetics research in the near future. One thing you might find interesting about traditional chinese medicine is that it bridges the gap between the psychological and physical aspects of the body. By that I mean, you can decern certain psychological ailments or patterns, by the physical symptoms exhibited. Without getting bogged down in ancient chinese semantics, marijuana is also known as "fire flower". It is used as an herb (the seeds more specifically) but the property of the herb is damp...excess "damp" can cause depression or certain types of psychosis depending on what area it effects. This could (in TCM terms) explain the mental issues. In western medicine, researchers will search for a change in brian chemistry that might not even be there...with out it they will not be able to make a case one way or the other.

As a psychologist (or soon to be), do you recognize the two way relationship between emotions and physical health? That is to say, yes stress can make your stomach hurt; but can your stomach stress you out?
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

First I will address the legal problems in some of the countries that have an open market:

In the Netherlands an individual can legally pocess up to 30 grams of cannabis without fear of prosicution; venders can sell up to 5 grams, ( Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002). However, other cannabis violations concerning the producer, distributer, or dealer are still punishable crimes that are seldom enforced due to the "oppertunitaetsprinzip" act (expediency principle) which allowes a prosecuter the possibility of prosecuting but does not require it. So though the Dutch have solved the problem for the users they have not resolved the backdoor problem for the producers and distributers. Several lacoal Dutch communities wishing to buy local cannabis and supply the coffee shops were prevented to to legal regulation.

In Switzerland cultivation of hemp is legal, providing the producer can ensure that there is good reason to grow it. Trafficking and possession remain illigal. The Swiss "Bundersrat ( representing the second chamber of parliment representing federal states) ruled for a review of the Narcotics Law (BtMG) along witha report on Cannabis from the "Eidgenoessische Kommision Fuer Drogenfragen" ( A commision for drug related problems) that proposed fdiffrent scenarios for the handeling of hemp products (Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002) The result was that cannabis would be placed in a unique position under the catagory of illicit drugs. Bla Bla Bla

I hope you reading this cause I hate having to type all this up. Theres more if you want it I will email the whole assignment to you tomorrow as it is on my other computer.and you can read it your self . I then go on about Germany. I'll look at the other questions you asked now and email this assignment to yoy if you like
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

What you studying sound very interesting, I lived in Hong Kong for a couple of years and there was no was I was ever going into the medicine shops, a lot of really weird stuff in bottles to drink with all kinds of interesting things in them, The Chinese swore by them though, I stuck with what I knew, I did love living there though and travelled a lot in China. I wouldn't mind going back to live in HK and I love asian people.

I haven't actually studied stress and illness but I would be quite sure that it goes both ways as some one who is ill physically can become stressed psychologically and develop other problems psychologically.

I did some genetics studies In Human Bio Science and was planning to do Genetics and Society this year but had to drop the unit as it clashed with something more important. I think you will agree that it is a fasinating subject though and I would like to pick it up next year.
Accountable

Marijuana

Post by Accountable »

orangesox1 wrote: First I will address the legal problems in some of the countries that have an open market:

In the Netherlands an individual can legally pocess up to 30 grams of cannabis without fear of prosicution; venders can sell up to 5 grams, ( Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002). However, other cannabis violations concerning the producer, distributer, or dealer are still punishable crimes that are seldom enforced due to the "oppertunitaetsprinzip" act (expediency principle) which allowes a prosecuter the possibility of prosecuting but does not require it. So though the Dutch have solved the problem for the users they have not resolved the backdoor problem for the producers and distributers. Several lacoal Dutch communities wishing to buy local cannabis and supply the coffee shops were prevented to to legal regulation.

In Switzerland cultivation of hemp is legal, providing the producer can ensure that there is good reason to grow it. Trafficking and possession remain illigal. The Swiss "Bundersrat ( representing the second chamber of parliment representing federal states) ruled for a review of the Narcotics Law (BtMG) along witha report on Cannabis from the "Eidgenoessische Kommision Fuer Drogenfragen" ( A commision for drug related problems) that proposed fdiffrent scenarios for the handeling of hemp products (Schmidt-Semisch & Paul 2002) The result was that cannabis would be placed in a unique position under the catagory of illicit drugs. Bla Bla Bla

I hope you reading this cause I hate having to type all this up. Theres more if you want it I will email the whole assignment to you tomorrow as it is on my other computer.and you can read it your self . I then go on about Germany. I'll look at the other questions you asked now and email this assignment to yoy if you like
That seems more a free trade issue rather than a health issue. :yh_think
Accountable

Marijuana

Post by Accountable »

wormwood wrote:

As a psychologist (or soon to be), do you recognize the two way relationship between emotions and physical health? That is to say, yes stress can make your stomach hurt; but can your stomach stress you out?
My studies have been more in the behaviorist vein. I firmly believe behavior influences mood as much as mood influences behavior. One wakes up in a bad mood and is glum all day, but if one forces a smile and picks up one's step, the mood will improve.

Along the same lines, acne is a problem with teens, yet stress causes acne too. So the kid that gets a zit and stresses about how it will ruin her social life risks getting more zits from the stress. This causes a vicious spiral some call pizza-face. :D
orangesox1

Marijuana

Post by orangesox1 »

It is, I used to think smoking cannabis wasn't such a health issue, but because of the higher levels of THC in it today it has become more of a problem, I think the only way to have control over it is to legalize it with restrictions on buying, which is what a few countries have done, However they haven't solved the problem for the producer, and I even think there is some international law involved in it that maybe broken too, I remember writing something about that but I can't find it now. I wrote one assignment a couple of years ago on the effects but I can't find that on either. I just don't keep old assignments.

However more recent studies are suggesting that with the higher levels of THC it is more of a problem, but I haven't looked into it recently. But that is the concen today.
Accountable

Marijuana

Post by Accountable »

Kind of off the subject: keep your assignments, either on your hard drive or hard copy. Keep them organized. You never know when that bibliography might save a couple hours' research.

Not that I've ever had such a problem.:-5
wormwood

Marijuana

Post by wormwood »

I did some genetics studies In Human Bio Science and was planning to do Genetics and Society this year but had to drop the unit as it clashed with something more important. I think you will agree that it is a fasinating subject though and I would like to pick it up next year. Certainly a fascinating subject, and the future of medicine in my opinion. Once the mechanism for sickness is understood, it can be shut off or bypassed. Also, off subject, but I have a theory that the lack of cellular differentiation that occurs with cancer, could be harnessed to create immortal human cells. One of the faulty mechanisms of cancer is that certain cells are born without a mechanism to die...they simply do not have the proper organelles or horomones to age or die....this could be applied to skin or virtually every cell of the body...in theory. Anyhow the implications are huge and the posibilities are straight out of the comic books, exciting stuff.

As for the legalization issues, the growing procedures and all of those other BS regulations are just red tape in action. Do it intelligently and there would not be a problem. Growth and distribution would be monitered like tobacco, and THC would be monitored like the "proof" of alcohol. Problem solved. Importing (like there aren't a million americans out there waiting for the go ahead to grow legally) would be handled like importing tobacco or vegitable goods from anywhere else and the same taxes and tarrifs should apply. The sales tax and state taxes alone would generate billions in america, not to mention the farmers, distributors, and warehousers. There is no sane reason that marijuana remains illegal, and that so many innocent people are in jail because pot heads run slower than murders.
elwaysmom06

Marijuana

Post by elwaysmom06 »

anastrophe;5243 wrote: i generally agree.

i last smoked pot in my early 20's. i'm in my mid-forties now. i tried many, many other drugs besides pot. not a few that i'm sure few here have ever heard of. i didn't 'start' with pot and graduate to other drugs, contrary to the silly scare tactic always bandied about. but you name it, i've tried it, at least once.

the only part i disagree with is 'legalizing' it - and it's really just me splitting hairs. legalizing it would mean that anyone could use it, at any time, at any age. if pot were legalized, that means that a five year old could smoke it, and you could mount a bong in your car. what's needed is to decriminalize it. decriminalizing means that use by those under the age of consent that's decided upon - 15, 18, 21 - could not partake, not legally. adults however could partake, so long as they didn't abuse it - and by abuse, that means driving while under the influence, deep frying a turkey while under the influence, etc - any activity where the fact that one's perception is altered can put you and others at risk of harm.

like i said, i'm essentially splitting hairs, as it's pretty clear that's what you mean. but the distinction between legalized and decriminalized is significant and important.

mind altering drugs have been used by humans since prehistoric times. prohibitions on what are entirely normal, human tendencies are unfortunate - at least when those prohibitions extend beyond 'do no harm'. lock a kid up for fifteen years for possessing an ounce of weed? this is justice? (need i add the counterpoint - serial rapists and murderers who get fifteen years also - and get out on 'good behavior' after seven, only to recommit their favorite crimes - this is justice?)

Actually, if they legalized it, they would set an age limit, like alcohol and there would be a time and place to do it.
Gavyn

Marijuana

Post by Gavyn »

I don't think that marijuana is something that is good for us to smoke maybe medicine.

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”