Where is Natalee?

Discuss missing adults, unsolved or suspicious deaths, unidentified persons, and more.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

more duplicity and crap from the aruban authorities.
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

:-5 Wouldn't it be nice if this really was a break in the case and Natalie could be found and put to rest, some how I find it doubtful but you never know..!!:-5

[QUOTE]Updated: 04:05 PM EDT

Police Make Arrest in Holloway Disappearance

19-Year-Old Appears to Be a New Figure in the Case

By MARGARET WEVER, AP

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (April 16) - An announcement that police made an arrest in the disappearance of teenager Natalee Holloway left many islanders wondering Sunday who the suspect is - and whether the arrest marked a real breakthrough in the almost year-old case.

Aruban authorities would only say late Saturday that the person arrested is 19 years old and has the initials "G.V.C." In Aruba, when an arrest is announced, officials usually release only a suspect's initials.

Antonio Carlo, attorney for Dutch national Joran van der Sloot, who was arrested last year but then released for lack of evidence, said he hoped the new arrest would shed light on happened to Holloway, an honors student from Mountain Brook, Alabama, who disappeared on May 30. It was the final night of the 18-year-old's trip to this Dutch Caribbean island.

"My client has from the beginning maintained his innocence, and I think the sooner this case is resolved, the better," Carlo told The Associated Press in a telephone interview, adding that he did not know the name of the suspect.

Holloway's father, Dave Holloway, said Sunday he has been informed of the arrested person's identity but did not recognize the name.

"We're hopeful that something will come out of it," Holloway told CNN.

Holloway was last seen leaving an Aruba bar with van der Sloot and Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. Van der Sloot has said he left Holloway on a beach near her hotel after they had kissed.

Mariaine Croes, a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor's office, said Saturday that Aruban authorities were not prepared to disclose why the person was arrested or how the arrest was linked to the Holloway case.

Dave Holloway said he was still suspicious of van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers.

"I still think that these three original suspects still know more than what they told us," he said.

There have been a number of false leads in the investigation, and at least three other people were detained without being charged.

In recent weeks, Aruban police have searched sand dunes on the northern coast of the island. Dutch Marines, the FBI and hundreds of volunteers have previously searched for Natalee Holloway.

Associated Press Writer Andrew Selsky contributed to this report from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

04/16/06 15:58 EDT

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

it's godfried van croumvert, a dutch national. age 19. no clue why.
chonsigirl

Where is Natalee?

Post by chonsigirl »

How is he connected with those other guys? That sounds like a new name to me....................
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

nobody here has any idea. they can arrest there merely if someone may have info. i think it's more patronizing BS.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

Holloway Suspect's Detention Extended

Aruban prosecutor orders 19-year-old arrested in Alabama teen's disappearance be held for eight days
wyattmtthws

Where is Natalee?

Post by wyattmtthws »

What happened to Natalee?

Was she found yet?

Were the suspects been convicted?

I hope anyone would tell me what happened lately to Natalee and her case.

Thanks
G-man

Where is Natalee?

Post by G-man »

I was wondering the same thing... did Lady Cop catch the kidnapper(s), yet?

Keep us all posted, please.

:cool:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

wyattmtthws

Where is Natalee?

Post by wyattmtthws »

yeah that's right G-man. After 2004's last post, the news stopped and it left everyone hanging...

If anyone knows what happened, please keep us posted. See everyone's interested. :)
spot

Where is Natalee?

Post by spot »

Joran Van der Sloot does seem to have all his problems unravelling, finally. It's sad that it took another killing before events started to move again.Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot told police investigators that he knows the location of the body of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, the chief of Peru's criminal police said. "He let slip that he knew the place where this person was buried," Gen. Cesar Guardia told The Associated Press. Guardia said, however, that the 22-year-old Dutchman told investigators "he would only testify (on the matter) before Aruba authorities."

Guardia said that he didn't know how seriously to take Van der Sloot's statement given his history of dubious statements about the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of the Alabama teen.

Van der Sloot remains the lone suspect in the case, which came up in front of Peruvian police as the Dutchman confessed to killing Stephany Flores, a 21-year-old woman from Lima, Guardia told the AP.

Police: Dutchman says he knows Holloway location | ajc.com

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

Frightening young man a true sociopath. I wonder how many more young women he has killed in his travels world wide. He is a serial killer who would keep on killing if he wasn't caught.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

spot

Where is Natalee?

Post by spot »

I've no idea, Carla, there's yet to be any court case much less a conviction. If it's true then his father has a lot to answer for.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

I agree just have a gut feeling about this kid. Your right I think the father may have helped him dispose of Natalee's body or at least covered for him. Either way he is at least done for 35 years if he live that long in prison.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

flopstock

Where is Natalee?

Post by flopstock »

spot;1315210 wrote: I've no idea, Carla, there's yet to be any court case much less a conviction. If it's true then his father has a lot to answer for.
I thought they said his father died in january or something?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Where is Natalee?

Post by spot »

flopstock;1315215 wrote: I thought they said his father died in january or something?

That may well be so. He was the chap who bulldozed into Aruba with a legal team and extricated his son, threw around several alternative suspects and then disappeared with Joram back to Europe as soon as they could leg it.
flopstock

Where is Natalee?

Post by flopstock »

Well, this kid is either the worst serial killer in history or there are going to be other unexplained deaths uncovered in his past travels.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Missing Adults”