Are the practitioners always like that?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
gardener

Post by gardener »

This is what I read from a web site, in the article, the writer mention some Falun gong practitioners are hostile and offensive, I hear that the falun gong is good for the people, many people are still practising it. Is it really true that the falun gong practitioners are always like what the writer says?

This is I read in the net and found something very interesting, I just want to know what is the rediculous little wheel? Who can tell me?

Thank you for your work on educating people about Falun Gong. I for one deeply appreciate it. My fiance and I used to live in Flushing, Queens. As you may know, this area of Queens has a very large Asian community: primarily Northern Chinese (Mandarin speaking) and Korean. We stayed there for almost 3 years before moving to another part of Queens about 2 years ago. In the time that we were there, we had numerous unpleasant encounters with Flaun Gong practitioners ranging from hostile to offensive.

You see, we are an interracial couple. I am Caucasian and my fiance is Chinese. There were many times when people mumbled offensive comments about us (sometimes in English, other times in Mandarin). I clearly recall one evening when we were having dinner at a restaurant near our home. These four middle-aged women were chatting about cultivation and that ridiculous little wheel. We entered, they abruptly stopped, glared at us, made a few rude comments, and then picked up their conversation again - occasionally staring at us. (We speak Cantonese & English at home... I know some Mandarin. I was able to identify a few words and short statements. Among them were: "filthy", "wicked", and "no hope for (?)").

Cultivation? The rediculous little wheel? Are they really good for people or just invented by someone else to cheat people?

www.facts.org.cn/puop/201005/t109996.htm
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gardener;1308593 wrote: This is what I read from a web site, in the article, the writer mention some Falun gong practitioners are hostile and offensive, I hear that the falun gong is good for the people, many people are still practising it. Is it really true that the falun gong practitioners are always like what the writer says?

Cultivation? The rediculous little wheel? Are they really good for people or just invented by someone else to cheat people?

www.facts.org.cn/puop/201005/t109996.htm

When you're quoting someone who is quoting someone who is making unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay evidence then the answer must be "very unlikely".

This method of transmission is called urban myth for very good reason and is usually used to spread propaganda rather than truth.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The more ridicule and criticism I hear and read, the more interested I become.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Count the keywords leading to the website.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

gardener

Post by gardener »

Bryn Mawr;1308606 wrote: When you're quoting someone who is quoting someone who is making unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay evidence then the answer must be "very unlikely".

This method of transmission is called urban myth for very good reason and is usually used to spread propaganda rather than truth.

Thanks for your kindness. Does it mean i must give a substantiated claims rather than raising a question? Maybe I should say: "Falun gong is really bad for the people." right?
spot

Post by spot »

Since nobody on this forum knows any Falun Gong members I think perhaps we're not in a position to judge. We do, as a group, tend to mistrust any government statements which seek repetitively to blacken any domestic protest movement. Government departments tend to lie a lot.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gardener;1309037 wrote: Thanks for your kindness. Does it mean i must give a substantiated claims rather than raising a question? Maybe I should say: "Falun gong is really bad for the people." right?

You asked a specific question, I gave a reasoned answer to that question - where does that suggest that you shouldn't ask a question?

Return to “The Coffee Shop”