Hats of to Charlie Danilels

Open or closed borders?
BTS

Post by BTS »

....AT LEAST HE HAS THE COURAGE TO SPEAK HIS MIND!!!

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I

think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally,

made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the

United States of America , as it is a truly wonderful place.

But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying

to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have any-thing against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal

and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get. What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tanta-mount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me, I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway Besides, what good is another law going to do when you

won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls, guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in France with the Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grand-children will inherit. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected.

Shame on you.

One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not.

And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksop politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegal in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?

If these people were from Haiti would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan ?

I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life.

They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegal some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America , but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others?

And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes Please get that other one out of my face.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

I'll take 23 views with no reply's as support........
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
spot

Post by spot »

Entire support, BTS. No hesitation whatever.

Your country has a simple moral decision to make. Either way it ends up with nobody on US soil who has neither citizenship nor a current valid visitor visa.

Expel as many people within the Homeland who have neither citizenship nor a current valid visitor visa as you feel like expelling, and grant immediate citizenship to the rest.

I've no preference whatever for the proportion of those expelled vis-a-vis those kept. All I ask is that you actually act, for once, rather than allow the problem to continually drift along to the detriment of everyone concerned. And by everyone, I mean predominantly those without a US passport.

I note that the previous Republican administration made absolutely no effective effort to reduce the head count. The reason for that is quite simply the enormous benefit to the US economy these people bring, so long as their current non-citizen status continues.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

BTS;1308339 wrote: I'll take 23 views with no reply's as support........

Not support, just curiosity as to who Charlie Daniels is and then complete indifference because I'm not an american. I'm also having a smart alec moment during my coffee break:D
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

BTS;1308303 wrote: B]I]FONT=Arial]SIZE=5]COLOR=red]COLOR=red]FONT=Arial]B]I].

snip.

/I]/B]/FONT]/COLOR]/COLOR]/SIZE]/FONT]/I]/B]I]FONT=Arial]SIZE=5]COLOR=blue]COLOR=blue]FONT=Arial]I]

Why?? It's so hard to read that I'm not going to bother.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm in complete agreement with Charlie, a favorite entertainer of mine. I checked with snopes. It's authentic. :)
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

spot;1308341 wrote: I note that the previous Republican administration made absolutely no effective effort to reduce the head count. The reason for that is quite simply the enormous benefit to the US economy these people bring, so long as their current non-citizen status continues.

IMO the Republicans are playing both ends of this. They are stoking the flames of resentment and racial intolerance, putting out the idea that these people are a drain on the U.S. economy (when in fact they know it's the opposite).
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

yaaarrrgg;1308403 wrote: IMO the Republicans are playing both ends of this. They are stoking the flames of resentment and racial intolerance, putting out the idea that these people are a drain on the U.S. economy (when in fact they know it's the opposite).

Can you prove your no drain claim?
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

hoppy;1308409 wrote: Can you prove your no drain claim?

Illegal aliens are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.[100]

A paper in the peer reviewed Tax Lawyer journal from the American Bar Association asserts that illegal immigrants contribute more in taxes than they cost in social services.[101] The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office reviewed 29 reports published over 15 years to evaluate the impact of unauthorized immigrants on the budgets of state and local governments, and found that the tax revenues that unauthorized immigrants generate for state and local governments do not offset the total cost of services provided to those immigrants, but that the amount that state and local governments spend on services for unauthorized immigrants represents a small percentage of the total amount spent by those governments to provide such services to residents in their jurisdictions.[102]

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (an advocate group interested in immigration reform),[103] used the U.S. INS statistics on how many illegal immigrants are residing in each country and the U.S. Dept of Education's current expenditure per pupil by state, and found the estimated cost of educating illegal alien students and U.S. citizen children of illegal aliens in 2004 was $29.6 billion.[104][105]

from Illegal immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If all undocumented workers were removed from Arizona's workforce, economic output would drop annually by at least $29 billion, or 8.2 percent, according to a University of Arizona report released Wednesday.

The study is based on Census Bureau and other data from 2004, the most complete year available, and assumed most non-citizens in the state are undocumented.

It also found that Arizona's documented and undocumented immigrants generate nearly $44 billion in output annually.

from http://www.azcentral.com/specials/speci ... 12-ON.html

ETA: Plus figure in the cost of deporting millions of people, which won't be cheap.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

However-

Illegal aliens linked to rise in crime statistics
Bevdee

Post by Bevdee »

I agree. It's bad. In Texas, I can't even ask to get the floor mopped without looking up how to say it in Spanish. "friegue por favor el suelo en la Habitación uno." I am learning how to communicate non-verbally. I'm becoming a mime. A smiling mime.

I think it's gotten worse since Fox became president, about the same time wubya did. They had talks at the time about opening the border. Fox's dream for Mexico's economy was to have his people commute to work across the borders without repercussion. No follow -up was published on Fox's idea, but the flow of illegals across the border has increased.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Recently an aquaintance moved back here from the border area of New Mexico. After his house was broken into he first installed bars on all windows and reinforced steel entrance doors. Then a couple cameras. Said he carried his pistol everywhere, even to do yard work.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

hoppy;1308416 wrote: However-

Illegal aliens linked to rise in crime statistics

In the population study of a sample of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

That doesn't make sense to me... 8 arrests per person?

I thought they were deported after being arrested the first time and determined to be a non-resident. (U.S. courts can't try non-citizens AFAIK). Unless they just keep coming back. In which case, how will the new law stop that? The borders are still as porous as they've ever been...

Looks like we are seeing mixed results from an earlier implementation of the law:

washingtonpost.com
Bevdee

Post by Bevdee »

hoppy;1308429 wrote: Recently an aquaintance moved back here from the border area of New Mexico. After his house was broken into he first installed bars on all windows and reinforced steel entrance doors. Then a couple cameras. Said he carried his pistol everywhere, even to do yard work.

It sounds like he is trying to protect himself from a form of terrorism.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

yaaarrrgg;1308430 wrote: That doesn't make sense to me... 8 arrests per person?

I thought they were deported after being arrested the first time and determined to be a non-resident. (U.S. courts can't try non-citizens AFAIK). Unless they just keep coming back. In which case, how will the new law stop that? The borders are still as porous as they've ever been...

Looks like we are seeing mixed results from an earlier implementation of the law:

washingtonpost.com

If the hospitals aren't overwhelmed with non paying alien patients and aliens aren't responsible for the high crime rate, please tell us, WTF's going on Yargy?:confused:
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308435 wrote: If the hospitals aren't overwhelmed with non paying alien patients and aliens aren't responsible for the high crime rate, please tell us, WTF's going on Yargy?:confused:

So why didn't your eight-year Bush Administration do anything effective about reducing the head count, hoppy? I heard lots of hypocritical hot air, I saw no reduction.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308442 wrote: So why didn't your eight-year Bush Administration do anything effective about reducing the head count, hoppy? I heard lots of hypocritical hot air, I saw no reduction.

Same reason Clinton and others didn't, I would guess.:rolleyes:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bevdee;1308434 wrote: It sounds like he is trying to protect himself from a form of terrorism.

Something like that. He did all the security mods little by little. His house and property was broken into or vandalized more than once. Nary a week went by without a shooting somewhere nearby. A few neighbors were accosted in their own yards. He had enough and came back "home".
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308453 wrote: [quote=spot]So why didn't your eight-year Bush Administration do anything effective about reducing the head count, hoppy? I heard lots of hypocritical hot air, I saw no reduction.Same reason Clinton and others didn't, I would guess.:rolleyes:
And what reason's that, hoppy?
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308459 wrote: And what reason's that, hoppy?

Votes, maybe.
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308461 wrote:

Votes, maybe.

Bush's supporters included people who support residency rights for non-citizens? I think not.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308464 wrote: Bush's supporters included people who support residency rights for non-citizens? I think not.

Well, why don't you just tell us then? You know you want to.:)
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308466 wrote:

Well, why don't you just tell us then? You know you want to.:)

He relied on many business supporters who benefit from the cheap labor market that resident non-citizens provide.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308467 wrote: He relied on many business supporters who benefit from the cheap labor market that resident non-citizens provide.

Thank you.:)
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Why don't all the Bordering States take the same AZ Law & enforce it..

Unite together as a force - I think the other Bordering States would Love to enforce this Law - but, they're sitting back watching all the pressure AZ is getting.??

Most of the illegals are on Welfare - we're paying for them whether it's food or the Hospital..

Spot - the Bush administration wouldn't & didn't do anything,promises, promises. what make a stand a firm stand.. - hell, Bush could hardly handle 911.

All administrations have discussed the Illegal issue and have done nothing.

This is exactly why Arizona stepped up on their own.

Bevdee - There are many many Farmers - Ranchers etc. who have to have a gun with them at all times - The Illegals crossing don't care who they hurt/kill to get what they want.. it's out of control..

Patsy
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308467 wrote: He relied on many business supporters who benefit from the cheap labor market that resident non-citizens provide.

But don't that equate to votes?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Patsy Warnick;1308496 wrote:

Bevdee - There are many many Farmers - Ranchers etc. who have to have a gun with them at all times - The Illegals crossing don't care who they hurt/kill to get what they want.. it's out of control..

Patsy

You're right about that. Many years ago, when my youngest daughter was 12 and alone in the house, an illegal hid under her bed, for about 4 hours, waiting for darkness so he could flee through a field close to the farmhouse where we lived outside Calexico, 2 miles from the border. I'm sure he would have knocked her out or worse if he'd had to, on his way out the door.
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308515 wrote:

[quote=spot][quote=hoppy][quote=spot][quote=hoppy][quote=spot][quote=hoppy][quote=spot]So why didn't your eight-year Bush Administration do anything effective about reducing the head count, hoppy? I heard lots of hypocritical hot air, I saw no reduction.

Same reason Clinton and others didn't, I would guess.

And what reason's that, hoppy?

Votes, maybe.

Bush's supporters included people who support residency rights for non-citizens? I think not.

Well, why don't you just tell us then? You know you want to.

He relied on many business supporters who benefit from the cheap labor market that resident non-citizens provide.

Thank you.

You have to be kidding me. What does pressure from business supporters have to do with votes? It's called influence, it's called lobbying, it's called contributions, it's called directorships, it certainly doesn't involve casting a vote.
Bevdee

Post by Bevdee »

hoppy;1308455 wrote: Something like that. He did all the security mods little by little. His house and property was broken into or vandalized more than once. Nary a week went by without a shooting somewhere nearby. A few neighbors were accosted in their own yards. He had enough and came back "home".

Oh hoppy ,where ya frum? Nary?
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bevdee;1308572 wrote: Oh hoppy ,where ya frum? Nary?

Just a ol' midwest redneck.:wah:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1308571 wrote: You have to be kidding me. What does pressure from business supporters have to do with votes? It's called influence, it's called lobbying, it's called contributions, it's called directorships, it certainly doesn't involve casting a vote.

So, those people don't vote or influence other voters?
Bevdee

Post by Bevdee »

Well, you reminded me of my down home folks. :yh_cowboy
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

hoppy;1308625 wrote: So, those people don't vote or influence other voters?

hoppy, in the U.S. the bottom line is money, not votes. If they lose, they'll just get hired by the private firms they represented. There's a revolving door between big business and Washington. Meanwhile, the next two "competing" candidates are both on the business payroll. You surely don't think they work for and answer to you do you? That's why we have a two-party system. It would just be too expensive for businesses to purchase more than two of everything. :)

If money were truly being lost by this flow of undocumented workers ... in America where the almighty dollar is placed at a higher priority above all else, there would be swat teams out shooting these people, claiming they were terrorist infiltrators. You don't screw with Goldman Sachs.
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1308625 wrote: So, those people don't vote or influence other voters?

Their disproportionate influence on government does not stem from their right to vote, nor from their ability to influence other voters. It stems primarily from lobbying and their discretion on placing contracts with X rather than Y. It's an unconstitutional financial power. At its most blatant it's called bribery and corruption.

Why did the Bush Administration not reduce the head count of those with neither citizenship nor residency rights? Because they hadn't the slightest will to do so. It was a matter of choice. Those lobbying them have a financial interest in maintaining the status quo.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

hoppy;1308515 wrote:

Your premise is based off the idea that 50%, on both sides, is enough "votes" to see a winner. It's redundant

Both wish to gain more votes but only one can achieve this by one particular course. They both cannot have the same course to gain more votes than the other lest we, say:thinking: live in a totalitarian society that all wish to proclaim as a capitalist one

It reminds me of "Not guilty unless proven guilty"...If that were true why the hell is the person "charged"?
Raven

Post by Raven »

I would rather deal with a bunch of Mexicans, Guatemalens, Central Americans or Panamanians versus the Middle Eastern, and Asian horde that are over here.

I prefer Mexican or Tex Mex over Curry, thanks. :p
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

raven;1314711 wrote: i would rather deal with a bunch of mexicans, guatemalens, central americans or panamanians versus the middle eastern, and asian horde that are over here.

I prefer mexican or tex mex over curry, thanks. :p

ms13??? ;)
Raven

Post by Raven »

:yh_rotfl idiot. I just prefer Mexican food. :p
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

Raven;1314743 wrote: :yh_rotfl idiot. I just prefer Mexican food. :p

:D

I'll eat anything that isn't bland :wah:
Raven

Post by Raven »

Royd Fissure;1314750 wrote: :D

I'll eat anything that isn't bland :wah:
Aw C'mon!:yh_rotflYou just cant say something that wide, with my sense of humour!:yh_bigsmi

I mean you could spice up a roo's butt, but that doesnt mean you would eat one! Would you?? hehehe
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Raven;1314711 wrote: I would rather deal with a bunch of Mexicans, Guatemalens, Central Americans or Panamanians versus the Middle Eastern, and Asian horde that are over here.

I prefer Mexican or Tex Mex over Curry, thanks. :p
Damn good point. Lets just let in the ones who have great food.:D

Return to “Immigration”