Dunk... or not

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

Come on, own up, who dunks their biscuits in their tea or coffee??

I'm a dunker but it can be problematic with wheat and gluten free biscuits, I often 'loose' the biscuit :o

I am forced to go and change my clothes now before the school run, as I just dropped half a biscuit on myself :rolleyes::wah:
hoppy

Dunk... or not

Post by hoppy »

Is there any other way to eat cookies or donuts? I guess thats why every shirt I own has coffee stains on the front.:)
Mustang

Dunk... or not

Post by Mustang »

Only way to eat an Oreo cookie is to dunk it. :wah:
LarsMac

Dunk... or not

Post by LarsMac »

I just wear dark colored shirts with busy designs, so the stains don't stand out. Problem solved.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
theia

Dunk... or not

Post by theia »

Cow biscuits, rich tea, custard creams....no question, dunked :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

Dunk, definitely! Not choc biscuits though! :wah: But - ginger nuts, marie, rich tea, digestives (non choc), but you do have to be careful with all of them, except possibly the ginger nuts, they're a bit tougher and don't collapse so easily! :sneaky:

My mum always said it was bad manners to dunk biscuits in your tea or coffee ! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Dunk... or not

Post by Odie »

my cookies must be dunked in milk.:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
theia

Dunk... or not

Post by theia »

G#Gill;1306405 wrote: Dunk, definitely! Not choc biscuits though! :wah: But - ginger nuts, marie, rich tea, digestives (non choc), but you do have to be careful with all of them, except possibly the ginger nuts, they're a bit tougher and don't collapse so easily! :sneaky:

My mum always said it was bad manners to dunk biscuits in your tea or coffee ! :yh_rotfl

Yes, Gill, but when you live right on the edge, like we do, dunking is just another of life's challenges :sneaky:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
albertpollard

Dunk... or not

Post by albertpollard »

Dunk??? My God! you mean to say you dunk your firm crunchy cookies and biscuits so they become warm, wet, soft goo????

Me too! Dunked definately...:wah:
NEWS FLASH! The Universe is God's Petri Dish.
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

theia;1306408 wrote: Yes, Gill, but when you live right on the edge, like we do, dunking is just another of life's challenges :sneaky:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

albertpollard;1306416 wrote: Dunk??? My God! you mean to say you dunk your firm crunchy cookies and biscuits so they become warm, wet, soft goo????

Me too! Dunked definately...:wah:

:yh_rotfl That's half the fun of it ! The challenge is to get from mug/cup to mouth without a collapse ! :yh_rotfl
Odie

Dunk... or not

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1306419 wrote: :yh_rotfl That's half the fun of it ! The challenge is to get from mug/cup to mouth without a collapse ! :yh_rotfl

ewwwwwwwww slushy cookies!:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Dunk... or not

Post by Snowfire »

Muuuuum. Get me a spoooooon. Me biscuits fallen in me breeeeew

Absolutely !

I need to know from AussiePam or MrsK about Tim Tams (?) I've heard they are the best dunkers in the world.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
pinkchick

Dunk... or not

Post by pinkchick »

Snowfire;1306443 wrote: Muuuuum. Get me a spoooooon. Me biscuits fallen in me breeeeew

Absolutely !

I need to know from AussiePam or MrsK about Tim Tams (?) I've heard they are the best dunkers in the world.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Excellent!
Very nearly perfect ... :D
beowulf

Dunk... or not

Post by beowulf »

definatly dunk.............impossible to eat a biccie when theres a cuppa in front of you with out dunking!

there are 'dunk resistant' biccies you know :D

A Soggy-Resistant Biscuit May Change Dunking Technology | Serious Eats
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

spot

Dunk... or not

Post by spot »

You are all, if I may be allowed to say so, backward uncouth creatures of the night. Biscuits shall no longer be provided at any future ForumGarden meet. Good lord, how I ever fell among such company I'll never know.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1306474 wrote: You are all, if I may be allowed to say so, backward uncouth creatures of the night. Biscuits shall no longer be provided at any future ForumGarden meet. Good lord, how I ever fell among such company I'll never know.

:wah: I dare you to try it one day, no doubt you're probably doing it as I type, pretending to be all high and mighty and better than us! You probably even drink your tea out the saucer, like that Wurzel Gummidge used to do :p:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Dunk... or not

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I present all the admitted cookie/biscuit dunkers on this thread a special Dunkers mug. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peter Lake

Dunk... or not

Post by Peter Lake »

Never.

Terribly common practice. :rolleyes:
spot

Dunk... or not

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1306497 wrote: :wah: I dare you to try it one day, no doubt you're probably doing it as I type, pretending to be all high and mighty and better than us! You probably even drink your tea out the saucer, like that Wurzel Gummidge used to do :p:wah:

Drinking tea from the saucer is an entirely different matter with a long and respected history. What else do you think saucers are for.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1306512 wrote: Drinking tea from the saucer is an entirely different matter with a long and respected history. What else do you think saucers are for.

Oh dear, everyone knows that saucers are for placing the biscuits on prior to dunking, you break the biscuit in half over the saucer too, to catch the crumbs. Never, and I mean NEVER does one place a whole biscuit in the mouth at once! That really is uncouth :yh_rotfl
dubs

Dunk... or not

Post by dubs »

I'm very common and dunk all the time, but henceforth, in a nod to Spot I'll stick my little finger out as I'm doing it!! :)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
spot

Dunk... or not

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1306513 wrote: Never, and I mean NEVER does one place a whole biscuit in the mouth at once! That really is uncouth :yh_rotfl

I have very few vices and it's unkind of you to even remember such moments. What's more, I shall even forebear to retaliate. Given the extent of my ammunition you may think yourself fortunate.
theia

Dunk... or not

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1306513 wrote: Oh dear, everyone knows that saucers are for placing the biscuits on prior to dunking, you break the biscuit in half over the saucer too, to catch the crumbs. Never, and I mean NEVER does one place a whole biscuit in the mouth at once! That really is uncouth :yh_rotfl

No....never...you are kidding me...arent you :confused:
Snowfire

Dunk... or not

Post by Snowfire »

theia;1306520 wrote: No....never...you are kidding me...arent you :confused:

Come on ladies. You all do it at you coffee mornings. It doesnt touch the sides and you can still hold a conversation

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

Mr. Spot obviously has some hidden qualities ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Dunk... or not

Post by Snowfire »

I knew a girl who could put a mars bar in lengthways in mid sentence. Never paused for breath. Amazing what you females can do with your mouths

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

Snowfire;1306525 wrote: I knew a girl who could put a mars bar in lengthways in mid sentence. Never paused for breath. Amazing what you females can do with your mouths

You'd better believe it ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Dunk... or not

Post by Odie »

Snowfire;1306525 wrote: I knew a girl who could put a mars bar in lengthways in mid sentence. Never paused for breath. Amazing what you females can do with your mouths

you got that one right!:lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1306522 wrote: Come on ladies. You all do it at you coffee mornings. It doesnt touch the sides and you can still hold a conversation

We're far to grand for mere biscuits at coffee mornings Snow, it's chocolate cake or nothing! :wah:
pinkchick

Dunk... or not

Post by pinkchick »

theia;1306392 wrote: Cow biscuits, rich tea, custard creams....no question, dunked :-6

Theia :-6

Excuse my ignorance but .... what is a cow biscuit?
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1306592 wrote: Theia :-6

Excuse my ignorance but .... what is a cow biscuit?

Malted Milk I think eeuuuggghhh :wah:
pinkchick

Dunk... or not

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1306593 wrote: Malted Milk I think eeuuuggghhh :wah:

Aaaahhhh ! Thank you Ms Boop :-6

Umm ..... yeah ... yuck:lips:
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1306595 wrote: Aaaahhhh ! Thank you Ms Boop :-6

Umm ..... yeah ... yuck:lips:

:wah: Grim biscuits for sure.

Have you admitted if you dunk or not :sneaky:
pinkchick

Dunk... or not

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1306596 wrote: :wah: Grim biscuits for sure.

Have you admitted if you dunk or not :sneaky:

Ha! No I haven't. I have to say ... I'm not a dunker at all.

I hate the mush :wah:
Betty Boop

Dunk... or not

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1306598 wrote: Ha! No I haven't. I have to say ... I'm not a dunker at all.

I hate the mush :wah:

You're not normal then...

I had a friend that used to dunk buttered toast in her tea, that's disgusting, especially seeing the globules of fat floating in the tea :yh_sick:yh_sick
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

I love those 'cow' biscuits ! The malted milk biscuit with an embossed cow on them!:)
pinkchick

Dunk... or not

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1306599 wrote: You're not normal then...

I had a friend that used to dunk buttered toast in her tea, that's disgusting, especially seeing the globules of fat floating in the tea :yh_sick:yh_sick

Oh hell ... that's just wrong on so many levels!

I was just about to make a cup of tea and some toast ... don't think I'll bother now :thinking:
theia

Dunk... or not

Post by theia »

G#Gill;1306600 wrote: I love those 'cow' biscuits ! The malted milk biscuit with an embossed cow on them!:)

Thank you, Gill. But, of course, this thread shows that cow biscuits are only for the discerning taste bud ;)
Bill Sikes

Dunk... or not

Post by Bill Sikes »

Betty Boop;1306350 wrote: Come on, own up, who dunks their biscuits in their tea or coffee?? rolleyes: wah:

Certainly not me.
dubs

Dunk... or not

Post by dubs »

Cow biscuits are ok. But dead fly biscuits are ace!!!

Attached files

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

You can just see the biscuit on the left, they're not unlike shortbread biscuits.......

G#Gill

Dunk... or not

Post by G#Gill »

theia;1306610 wrote: Thank you, Gill. But, of course, this thread shows that cow biscuits are only for the discerning taste bud ;)

Yes theia, you can tell the better class of dunker, can't you? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I could eat a whole pack in one sitting, only I wouldn't want to appear greedy, so I manage to refrain !

Return to “General Chit Chat”