I just found this

US man 'tried to revive dead opossum'

and had to share.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
hoppy

Possum revival

Post by hoppy »

Reminds me of my old drunk uncle, may he R.I.P. He did a lot of hunting and trapping, as well as drinking. Once, he hit a skunk with his car. Checking the skunk, he found it to be undamaged and with a nice pelt. Thinking he would later make a fur cap out of the hide for winter wear, he tossed the "dead" skunk in his car's trunk.

On arriving at his favorite bar, he opened the trunk to retrieve the skunk and show it to his bar buddies. He was greeted by a very angry and much alive skunk who was apparently only knocked out by uncle's car.

Well, skunk sprayed uncle, ran off never to be seen again. Uncle staggered into the bar, was quickly ushered out and sent on his way. True story.:)
Peg

Possum revival

Post by Peg »

LarsMac;1300148 wrote: I just found this

and had to share.

How do you get so drunk that you try to revive roadkill? :yh_rotfl
hoppy

Possum revival

Post by hoppy »

Peg;1300201 wrote: How do you get so drunk that you try to revive roadkill? :yh_rotfl

Trust me, it happens.:(
LarsMac

Possum revival

Post by LarsMac »

hoppy;1300183 wrote: Reminds me of my old drunk uncle, may he R.I.P. He did a lot of hunting and trapping, as well as drinking. Once, he hit a skunk with his car. Checking the skunk, he found it to be undamaged and with a nice pelt. Thinking he would later make a fur cap out of the hide for winter wear, he tossed the "dead" skunk in his car's trunk.

On arriving at his favorite bar, he opened the trunk to retrieve the skunk and show it to his bar buddies. He was greeted by a very angry and much alive skunk who was apparently only knocked out by uncle's car.

Well, skunk sprayed uncle, ran off never to be seen again. Uncle staggered into the bar, was quickly ushered out and sent on his way. True story.:)

We had a similar story in our family.

One of my cousins married into a family down in Franklin County, GA.

She told us one of her in-laws picked up road kill all the time for the pelts (rumor was he also made meals out of the ones he found that were relatively fresh.)

Once the fellow picked up a skunk he thought to be deceased and it sprayed his trunk a couple time. He reportedly shot the thing when he found it still breathing.

Anyway, folks said that for many months, they could smell him coming long before he got to the town limits.
- DH Lawrence
K.Snyder

Possum revival

Post by K.Snyder »

This guy's type of humor is as about as deadpan as I have ever witnessed.
Odie

Possum revival

Post by Odie »

'Such animals are known to feign death when threatened, giving rise to the phrase "playing possum".'

but, this one was really dead!:yh_rotfl

ewwwwwwwwwww!:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Possum revival

Post by Oscar Namechange »

LarsMac;1300148 wrote: I just found this

and had to share. I love Possums. They're Groovy In a furry Marsupial type way.

:driving::driving:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
albertpollard

Possum revival

Post by albertpollard »

hoppy;1300202 wrote: Trust me, it happens.:(

You don't necessarily have to be drunk...but that's another story.
NEWS FLASH! The Universe is God's Petri Dish.
LarsMac

Possum revival

Post by LarsMac »

albertpollard;1306034 wrote: You don't necessarily have to be drunk...but that's another story.

Oh, do tell.
- DH Lawrence
Lon

Possum revival

Post by Lon »

New Zealand dos not have any predatory animals or snakes of any kind but they do have plenty of possums. They are the most prevalent of road kill animals. The roads can become slick with their remains. Their fur when mixed with wool is made into scarfs and gloves.

Attached files

Return to “Links to the Fascinating”