Meteor?

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
YZGI

Meteor?

Post by YZGI »

A supposedly huge meteor.

YouTube - Meteor Madness: Space fireball lights up night sky in Wisconsin

Then we have the ash cloud over the UK. Where is Truthbringer when you need him?
TruthBringer

Meteor?

Post by TruthBringer »

Always watching my friend. Always watching.
Link removed by moderator
TruthBringer

Meteor?

Post by TruthBringer »

By the way, I wouldn't be so worried about what they are telling you could happen in that part of the World as the days pass on due to all these kinds of problems. What I would be more worried about is what they are not telling you is going to happen as a result of these coming changes.
TruthBringer

Meteor?

Post by TruthBringer »

It should also be noted that the 1783 eruption of the Laki volcano, which spewed a toxic cloud over Europe had very devastating consequences. At least 9,000 people, a quarter of the population of Iceland, died, many from the famine caused by the eruption, and many more emigrated. The cloud may have killed more than 20,000 people in eastern England and an estimated 16,000 in France.
LarsMac

Meteor?

Post by LarsMac »

Dontcha love the way they feel the need to re-run the sequence with the big circle around the thing, so you know what it is all about?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Meteor?

Post by G#Gill »

TruthBringer;1303814 wrote: It should also be noted that the 1783 eruption of the Laki volcano, which spewed a toxic cloud over Europe had very devastating consequences. At least 9,000 people, a quarter of the population of Iceland, died, many from the famine caused by the eruption, and many more emigrated. The cloud may have killed more than 20,000 people in eastern England and an estimated 16,000 in France.

Thanks for reassuring us all, TB :( I think the authorities and scientists are worried that this could happen if Katia is galvanised into activity because of this present eruption (don't expect me to type that name again, please ! :p).

I think I'll prepare to emigrate to America...............hang on though, they're being bombarded by meteorites at the moment, and they also get a lot of tornadoes and floods and stuff......................... maybe I'll stay in England and take a chance. :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1303885 wrote: Thanks for reassuring us all, TB :( I think the authorities and scientists are worried that this could happen if Katia is galvanised into activity because of this present eruption (don't expect me to type that name again, please ! :p).

I think I'll prepare to emigrate to America...............hang on though, they're being bombarded by meteorites at the moment, and they also get a lot of tornadoes and floods and stuff......................... maybe I'll stay in England and take a chance. :thinking:

And earthquakes! What is it with all this, anyway?
G#Gill

Meteor?

Post by G#Gill »

Zapata;1303886 wrote: And earthquakes! What is it with all this, anyway?

Mother Nature is flexing her muscles - showing us who's boss ! We should pay attention and not mess her around ! We can make a start by stop chopping down our life blood - the trees ! :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarryAllen

Meteor?

Post by LarryAllen »

Well if it really is the end of the world, we got front row seats, and didn't even have to pay for 'em.

How cool is THAT???
AussiePam

Meteor?

Post by AussiePam »

LarryAllen;1303925 wrote: Well if it really is the end of the world, we got front row seats, and didn't even have to pay for 'em.

How cool is THAT???

Just for our new member, here is one of my favourite Tom Lehrer songs: We'll All Go Together When We Go

YouTube - Tom Lehrer - We Will All Go Together When We Go - now on DVD

:-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

TruthBringer

Meteor?

Post by TruthBringer »

LarryAllen;1303925 wrote: Well if it really is the end of the world, we got front row seats, and didn't even have to pay for 'em.

How cool is THAT???

lol. It's not the "end of the World". It never has been. The World will be around for millions of years to come. Human Beings however have an entirely different fate. Theirs is not as protected as that of the World's. Our fate is in our hands.
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

TruthBringer;1303958 wrote: lol. It's not the "end of the World". It never has been. The World will be around for millions of years to come. Human Beings however have an entirely different fate. Theirs is not as protected as that of the World's. Our fate is in our hands.

Yeah, well. Just how close was that meteor anyhow? And how big? And what if it'd hit downtown Racine? I'd like a few more reassurances here, Mr. TB. :wah:
TruthBringer

Meteor?

Post by TruthBringer »

Zapata;1304048 wrote: Yeah, well. Just how close was that meteor anyhow? And how big? And what if it'd hit downtown Racine? I'd like a few more reassurances here, Mr. TB. :wah:

If the meteor hit downtown Racine you wouldn't have time to worry about it. There are no reassurances when it comes to meteors and comets.
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

Meteor Crater

Images Of Meteor Crater

This is an interesting crater site in Arizona.

I have a photo, taken last May, of me trying to pick up this chunk left behind but I haven't figured out yet how to post my photos.
Ahso!

Meteor?

Post by Ahso! »

Zapata;1304202 wrote: Meteor Crater

Images Of Meteor Crater

This is an interesting crater site in Arizona.

I have a photo, taken last May, of me trying to pick up this chunk left behind but I haven't figured out yet how to post my photos.Do you have them on your hard drive?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

It's on my desktop, in my photos & on an e-mail.
Ahso!

Meteor?

Post by Ahso! »

Zapata;1304211 wrote: It's on my desktop, in my photos & on an e-mail.You should be able to add them as attachments, no?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

It says it's too large. The photo, not the meteor. :) How do I shrink it?
Ahso!

Meteor?

Post by Ahso! »

Zapata;1304214 wrote: It says it's too large. The photo, not the meteor. :) How do I shrink it?Well, you have to open the photo up with a photo imaging and scaling program. If you're using windows I believe its called photoshop or something like that. Whatever program you used to get them on the desktop should be able to handle it I'd imagine. Open it with the photo program and resize or scale it. It should be an option within the program. I haven't been a windows user for a few years, so I don't remember the program names...sorry. Make sure you hit 'save' after the resizing. It may put another copy of the photo on the desktop but in a different size.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

Yippee! I did it. I think. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Unless my computer blows up when I try to post this.

AussiePam

Meteor?

Post by AussiePam »

Zapata;1304220 wrote: Yippee! I did it. I think. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Unless my computer blows up when I try to post this.

WOW !!!!! And the rock's spectacular too!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

theia

Meteor?

Post by theia »

Zapata;1304220 wrote: Yippee! I did it. I think. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Unless my computer blows up when I try to post this.

What a lovely photograph, Zap. It's so nice to see your beautiful smile :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
ZAP

Meteor?

Post by ZAP »

Thank you. I was grimacing though--that thing was heavy!

Return to “Paranormal Science”