Your Country

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Bez

Your Country

Post by Bez »

EXCLUDING ANYTHING POLITICAL, what do you love or dislike about your country....for me in the UK the following....

LOVE:- The diversity of the land, and the people in it.....mountains, hills, rivers, forests, craggy coastlines, sandy beaches, wonderful old cities, quaint old villages, different dialects, eccentric people etc etc....we have it all in the England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

DISLIKE:- Lager louts and football hooligans. Negative attitude to sport if we don't win anything. M25.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Betty Boop

Your Country

Post by Betty Boop »

Bez wrote: EXCLUDING ANYTHING POLITICAL, what do you love or dislike about your country....for me in the UK the following....

LOVE:- The diversity of the land, and the people in it.....mountains, hills, rivers, forests, craggy coastlines, sandy beaches, wonderful old cities, quaint old villages, different dialects, eccentric people etc etc....we have it all in the England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

DISLIKE:- Lager louts and football hooligans. Negative attitude to sport if we don't win anything. M25.

Everything you said Bez, but I love the Sea also!

Bez why is this in the 'anything with wheels' thread??
Lon

Your Country

Post by Lon »

Like-------------------Opportunities

Dislike-----------------Self Centerdness
orangesox1

Your Country

Post by orangesox1 »

Love, the beautiful beaches and casual lifestyle.

Dislike, how it doesn't rain for sooooooo looooong sometimes where I live, like years.
Nomad

Your Country

Post by Nomad »

America the beautiful in every sense. Wide oceans, majestic mountains that stretch from one end of the sky to the next. Prairies quiet only the wind to disturb. Rolling hills, if you squint you can see the Native Americans riding proud upon their horses. The everglades, the islands that stretch from Miami to Key West, blue waters brimming with sea corals and exotic fish. World class cities that break the sky open.

Farms that feed the world. Deserts, tundras, redwood forests that bring you back to the beginning of time.

For all of our faults and they are many this country truly is the crown jewel.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Your Country

Post by Accountable »

I love the diversity of the people in the US, especially when they can take pride in their ancestral cultures while allowing others to do so as well.

I don't like it when that first thing doesn't work.
minks

Your Country

Post by minks »

Like our freedom, our wide open spaces, our peacekeeping stand on war. Like the fact that we share a border with the USA, share similar cultures, yet are independant. Like our world status. Like saying I am Canadian, Like our red maple leaf as our Canadian symbol. Like our laid back attitude towards life. Like Gun Control.

Dislike, our airline prices, the fact that every other province with the exception of BC thinks that because we are the rich province we ought to share. Dislike the rising crime and violence due to increased population.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bothwell

Your Country

Post by Bothwell »

Autumn days like these.

Cider

Cricket

Rugby

The countryside where I live

The countryside everywhere else

Baked Beans

Paxman

Marmite

Curry

The Office

The Archers

Country Lanes

The different accents

London

Bath

Dislikes

M6

M5

M25 etc etc

The cost of living
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
theia

Your Country

Post by theia »

I love our National Health Service and I think we should fight like billy-o to preserve it. :-6

I don't like the high prices we pay for petrol but if I thought the tax was going towards maintaining the NHS, I wouldn't complain.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

Your Country

Post by Bez »

theia wrote: I love our National Health Service and I think we should fight like billy-o to preserve it. :-6

I don't like the high prices we pay for petrol but if I thought the tax was going towards maintaining the NHS, I wouldn't complain.

Here, Here....I have only got good things to say about the NHS...they've always done me proud...have to pay for the dentist though.

Petrol....well...costly but I have friends who live in Denmark....everything apart from cigarettes is expensive there...they pay 50% income tax !!!! and they can't make a move without the UNION input.

They manufacture LEGO there, but it is cheaper to come to England to buy...strange world.

Did you all notice that Boswell likes marmite....LC...marmite sandwiches while you're watching cricket....heaven...

I've loved reading you likes and dislikes....what a wonderful world we live ....so diverse
along-for-the-ride

Your Country

Post by along-for-the-ride »

After you've lived in another country for awhile, you come back and America feels like home. You feel like you belong.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
lady cop

Your Country

Post by lady cop »

i love America...grew up in Washington DC among the great monuments and the Capital. i have been in every state, each one with its own character and beauty, especially new england and the jewels of florida, the keys. Arlington National Cemetery contains my heart, and i have great pride in our constitution. :yh_flag ..... further, i love England for its history, literature and countryside. :yh_flower
Bez

Your Country

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: i love America...grew up in Washington DC among the great monuments and the Capital. i have been in every state, each one with its own character and beauty, especially new england and the jewels of florida, the keys. Arlington National Cemetery contains my heart, and i have great pride in our constitution. :yh_flag ..... further, i love England for its history, literature and countryside. :yh_flower

LC you should be a diplomat.:)

There are fanastic places all round the world...I don't know why, but I would love to go to Hawaii...it's very expensive from here.... have you ever been ?

Return to “General Chit Chat”