Police Taser 10 year old!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

Two police officers have been suspended for reportedly using a stun gun on a 10-year-old boy who had gotten out of control at a day care facility.

The incident occurred Tuesday, when a worker at facility called police to report that one of the children there was acting up and posed a potential threat to the other kids.

The police officer's arrived on the scene and found the "94 pound boy" to be "combative." One officer slapped the boy, and the other used his Taser to further subdue him.

The police dept. released a statement announcing that the officers had been placed on paid administrative leave pending further investigation.

The Department of Child Services is now getting involved.

The police had been called to the Day Care facility on another occasions about the behavior of the same child, but that it seems that the police went too far this time.

"I believe that should never have happened". I'm sure the police could have detained a 10 year old in some other way! "They take big grown-ups down without tasing them ... why not a 10-year-old?"

Your thoughts!
Cars :)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

My thoughts? Short of some out of this world circumstance that we don't yet know about they were absolutely out of order and should be jailed for assault.
Odie

Post by Odie »

two officers couldn't handle a ten year old?

There is no excuse in how they handled it......none.
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I've seen some 10 year olds I would have been happy to taser. Maybe it gave him a good dose of reality.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Odie;1301249 wrote: two officers couldn't handle a ten year old?

There is no excuse in how they handled it......none.

not 2/////3 officers it says one slapped him the others tazered him
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

el guapo;1301255 wrote: not 2/////3 officers it says one slapped him the others tazered him
Have you ever seen a 10 year old go berserk In a school? I have and the head teacher ended up In hospital with a broken wrist and other staff were Injured.

If the child was being an Immediate threat to other children and could not be physically restrained then they may have had no option. It Is not always as cut and dried as the newspapers make out. He could have had a weapon.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1301261 wrote: Have you ever seen a 10 year old go berserk In a school? I have and the head teacher ended up In hospital with a broken wrist and other staff were Injured.

If the child was being an Immediate threat to other children and could not be physically restrained then they may have had no option. It Is not always as cut and dried as the newspapers make out. He could have had a weapon.

If two adults trained in restraint techniques could not restrain him without the use of their taser then either they are incompetent or the restraint techniques they've been taught are not worth teaching.

After receiving such training my youngest daughter was able to take down a prime specimen of our criminally insane with a snot on so I'm sure two Policemen can take down a child.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1301264 wrote: If two adults trained in restraint techniques could not restrain him without the use of their taser then either they are incompetent or the restraint techniques they've been taught are not worth teaching.

After receiving such training my youngest daughter was able to take down a prime specimen of our criminally insane with a snot on so I'm sure two Policemen can take down a child.
It's not as cut and dried as that Is It?

In this day and age, any-one tackling a violent child what-ever the circumstances faces being prosecuted with assault to the Child.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

however what if the cops had physically restrained him, and caused bruises or other physical injury in the process? There would be an outcry of to much physical action by the cops.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Oscar Namechange

Sheryl;1301269 wrote: however what if the cops had physically restrained him, and caused bruises or other physical injury in the process? There would be an outcry of to much physical action by the cops.
I totally agree with you Sheryl as I said In my previous post. These days, the parents are too quick to shout 'Assault' and look for prosecution of those who try to restrain.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

oscar;1301271 wrote: I totally agree with you Sheryl as I said In my previous post. These days, the parents are too quick to shout 'Assault' and look for prosecution of those who try to restrain.

Probably, and the child's behavior is more than likely the parents fault in the first place. Either they lack in the discipline department or just ignore the child.

my son
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Sheryl;1301269 wrote: however what if the cops had physically restrained him, and caused bruises or other physical injury in the process? There would be an outcry of to much physical action by the cops.

one had already slapped him and 50.000volts wasnt assult was it
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

Sheryl;1301274 wrote: Probably, and the child's behavior is more than likely the parents fault in the first place. Either they lack in the discipline department or just ignore the child.

It says In this report that the child was Indeed a danger to other children at the time.

Indiana cops taser 10-year-old at day care
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

el guapo;1301275 wrote: one had already slapped him and 50.000volts wasnt assult was it

either way it can be deemed assault.

my son
Steev

Post by Steev »

Slapping and tasering a 10 year old isn't justifiable no matter how you slice it. It's completely absurd but, typical of cops these days.

A bunch of chicken sh-ts hiding behind badges.

Zero sympathy for those insecure and sadistic bast-rds.

Long past the time that all corrupt officers are rooted out and there are loads of them, unfotunately.

If they had any sense of decency they would be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

'Serving and protecting' my arse.

Those simpletons ought to be slapped and tasered themselves.

F'em. Respect should be earned.

Simply slapping on a suit and gun doesn't impress me, rather impresses upon me how pathetic so many cops are these days.

A bunch of heartless robots and nothing more.

Possessing the minds of spoiled children themselves.

Too bad they give other decent officers a bad rep in the process.
Oscar Namechange

Scrat;1301457 wrote: This is one of the things me and Hoppy agree on. Tazer him twice and beat his arse repeatedly if necessary. It would also be a good thing to fine the parents and get to hell out of peoples lives when it comes to disciplining children.
Did you see In the article that Police had been called out to him on other Occassions? Why didn't they kick his butt out the facility In the first instance? Why should other children be put at risk because of one violent little so and so? They should have tasared the Parents.
Oscar Namechange

Steev;1301373 wrote: Slapping and tasering a 10 year old isn't justifiable no matter how you slice it. It's completely absurd but, typical of cops these days.

A bunch of chicken sh-ts hiding behind badges.

Zero sympathy for those insecure and sadistic bast-rds.

Long past the time that all corrupt officers are rooted out and there are loads of them, unfotunately.

If they had any sense of decency they would be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

'Serving and protecting' my arse.

Those simpletons ought to be slapped and tasered themselves.

F'em. Respect should be earned.

Simply slapping on a suit and gun doesn't impress me, rather impresses upon me how pathetic so many cops are these days.

A bunch of heartless robots and nothing more.

Possessing the minds of spoiled children themselves.

Too bad they give other decent officers a bad rep in the process.
We have the exact same In England. You usually find the worst are the Rookie's who think they are In an episode of Miami Vice.

I absolutely agree with you on this score. Cops here who wear the same uniform as Officers who do the job well think they should have Immediate respect... My arrse..Respect from the Public Is earned. We have our share of pathetic cops but we have an excellent complaints dept called the Independent Police Complaints Commission who sooner or later get to Investigate them and weedle them out of the force.

I also agree that One rotton to the core cop can bring a bad reputation to the whole force. However, the force usually recognises them and no more wants them In their force than we do.

Good Post
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1301264 wrote: If two adults trained in restraint techniques could not restrain him without the use of their taser then either they are incompetent or the restraint techniques they've been taught are not worth teaching.

I would agree with exception to the blatant fact those in charge of hiring these "police officers" need to be the ones being better trained. America needs police officers throughout the country so the obvious reaction to this is to lower the expectations of those that define inappropriate action.

Return to “General Chit Chat”