WHAT TO YOU IS a TRUE FRIEND??

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

A woman who shows up at my door wearing nothing but a robe with nothing on under it, carrying a 12 pack or two, and goes home next morning and don't bug me until I want her again.:)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

hoppy;1294447 wrote: A woman who shows up at my door wearing nothing but a robe with nothing on under it, carrying a 12 pack or two, and goes home next morning and don't bug me until I want her again.:)
Thats a hooker, but close..:D
Affinity One

Post by Affinity One »

In this materiallistic world a really TRUE FRIEND is very hard to find.

A true friend is someone who cares enough to tell you if you are wrong. Who does not let you go in the wrong direction. A mother is a good example of this true friend. She does all she can to direct you in the right direction. give you unconditional love.

As it is in this world we may find true fiends alot easier!!!!

Affinity One
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Someone that never feels the need to ever lie to you and one that expects the same.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

k.snyder;1298803 wrote: someone that never feels the need to ever lie to you and one that expects the same. amen!!!!!;)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

southern yankee;1298808 wrote: amen!!!!!;)

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lon;927512 wrote: I can only speak for myself, but during my lifetime I have had many friends but when it comes to what we might call a TRUE FRIEND, it's a dog. They demand and ask so little of our friendship. Ditto to that Lonnie.

A TRUE friend to me Is one who knows I have commitments, a busy life and personal worries In the family. A TRUE friend steps back to let you breathe and keeps In touch to check how you are but does not selfishly bombard you with e mails and messages and demand you reply Immediately.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1294447 wrote: A woman who shows up at my door wearing nothing but a robe with nothing on under it, carrying a 12 pack or two, and goes home next morning and don't bug me until I want her again.:)

That'll be me then... But I always brig a 24 pack ;)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
southern yankee

Being a true friend takes a lot of hard work. like a flower bed. it can't be just PLANTED. it has to be cared for Daily;);):)
Oscar Namechange

southern yankee;1298924 wrote: Being a true friend takes a lot of hard work. like a flower bed. it can't be just PLANTED. it has to be cared for Daily;);):) I totally agree with you and It's why I don't entertain any-one who demands attention when I'm having a hard time. Some-times you can over fertilise that garden and It ends up buried up to the neck In S*it. ;);)
southern yankee

oscar;1298925 wrote: I totally agree with you and It's why I don't entertain any-one who demands attention when I'm having a hard time. Some-times you can over fertilise that garden and It ends up buried up to the neck In S*it. ;);) it takes time and practice;)
Oscar Namechange

southern yankee;1298931 wrote: it takes time and practice;)
I've had plenty of practice, that's why I now don't entertain the Selfish. ;););)
southern yankee

oscar;1298932 wrote: I've had plenty of practice, that's why I now don't entertain the Selfish. ;););) some i know are hard to be their friend. but i like a challange. it is great when it works out, for the better:)
Oscar Namechange

southern yankee;1298937 wrote: some i know are hard to be their friend. but i like a challange. it is great when it works out, for the better:) True... But some-times you reach a point where you know nothing will change and your flogging a dead horse with more fertilizer piling up on that garden. ;););)
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1298803 wrote: Someone that never feels the need to ever lie to you and one that expects the same.

I won't tolerate lies from a friend...there is absolutely no justification for them.
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1298925 wrote: I totally agree with you and It's why I don't entertain any-one who demands attention when I'm having a hard time. Some-times you can over fertilise that garden and It ends up buried up to the neck In S*it. ;);)

I would gladly bury you up to your neck in fertilizer in the name of friendship.

Manure or fish ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1298924 wrote: Being a true friend takes a lot of hard work. like a flower bed. it can't be just PLANTED. it has to be cared for Daily;);):)

your right and if some cannot be there daily, then they are not a true friend.

Everyone has a busy life.

- just a daily hello, how are you? is all it takes.;)
katanne

Post by katanne »

for me, a true friend is the one that says everything to you. specially if its something really bad that you have done..=)
GI Joe’s coupons
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Some one that after I fall in an alligator infested river doesnt let me fend for myself then pull out the camera because how many chances do you get to see that !
I AM AWESOME MAN
southern yankee

oscar;1298941 wrote: True... But some-times you reach a point where you know nothing will change and your flogging a dead horse with more fertilizer piling up on that garden. ;););)that may be true. But true friendship has to be on both sides. I do get what you mean. Being a doormat is not cool.
southern yankee

Nomad;1299107 wrote: Some one that after I fall in an alligator infested river doesnt let me fend for myself then pull out the camera because how many chances do you get to see that !AHHHHAHHH good one;)
southern yankee

Maybe i am lucky. with my best friend. we have the TRUEST of frienships. Both of us have gone to hell and back for the other:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

A true friend is somebody who can take your jokes, your ribbing, your laughter at silly things, they can tolerate you even if they don't agree with you, they don't judge you, they become your friends online or in the real world...at least mine have and believe me, I walked away from this place w/quite a load of friends. As for NONFRIENDS, they are the jealous types, the ones who manage to try to kill friendships, threads, etc., well it didn't work did it, but we all managed to leave with our heads held high with enough respect to not make ourselves look like effing idiots...we walked out with class & if you look classy, you are classy and we are also posh chicks!:guitarist
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Good for you, and your friends. :lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1299158 wrote: Good for you, and your friends. :lips:

amen.:lips:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1299161 wrote: amen.:lips:

Coming from you what a commical little charade on your signature...the lies & deceiving, the webs you weave...says millions.
koan

Post by koan »

We've all got problems, lets not put names to them. People can learn to coexist... you just choose your conversations.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1299107 wrote: Some one that after I fall in an alligator infested river doesnt let me fend for myself then pull out the camera because how many chances do you get to see that !

Oh for gods sake!

IT WAS ONE TIME!!!:-5:-5
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Post by Odie »

someone who doesn't always whine!

god, I hate continual whiners!:rolleyes:
southern yankee

Odie;1299368 wrote: someone who doesn't always whine!

god, I hate continual whiners!:rolleyes: yep, i think my best friend and i take turns!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1299378 wrote: yep, i think my best friend and i take turns!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

whiner!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
southern yankee

Odie;1299381 wrote: whiner!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl somebody gotta do it!!:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1299386 wrote: somebody gotta do it!!:yh_rotfl

that's okay sis, you can whine to me all day if you need to.:-4
Lyn59

Post by Lyn59 »

Carolly;1077632 wrote: And how very true Hope.;)

A true friend is someone that is always there for you.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Best definition I have heard for a True Friend is, Someone you don't ever have to explain yourself to.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”