Ledge Leaping Art Hits NYC

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

NEW YORK (March 11) -- If you see a naked man standing on the edge of a rooftop today, you are not necessarily witnessing a suicide.

Story Link (with pictures) Antony Gormley's Ledge Leaping Art Hits NYC Rooftops - AOL News
DrLeftover

Post by DrLeftover »

If these statues were female, in similar poses and attire (or lack thereof), this would never be allowed as being sexist, insensitive, objectifying women, and so on.

Instead, it is being trumpeted from the news as being a great thing.
[Signature Removed]
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

DrLeftover;1296487 wrote: If these statues were female, in similar poses and attire (or lack thereof), this would never be allowed as being sexist, insensitive, objectifying women, and so on.

Instead, it is being trumpeted from the news as being a great thing.

That's only because they want to sell you among others a story Dr.

As for the statue I can't imagine this will be tolerated for much longer, if not already taken down, due to public disturbance.

911 calls in the area must have doubled!
DrLeftover

Post by DrLeftover »

No. They still think it's great.

Do a news search for the artists name "Antony Gormley".
[Signature Removed]
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

It's enough to inspire us all to jump from tall buildings...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Strange mind that guy must have, to think of something like sticking a 'person' on a roof as if ready to commit suicide! Sorry but it just tells me that he is warped, and so are the people who agree to display such a controversial sculpture. Neither have thought through the consequences of their actions. I don't even understand if there is supposed to be a message in those sculptures.

They should be removed instantly, and the people who permitted such a spectacle should have a heavy fine for causing stress, to onlookers (which would include children) and a strain and terrible waste of time for the emergency services.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Arts Animation”