Yaz Injuries Spark Mass Tort

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
koan

Post by koan »

It's terrifying to hear what drugs are being pushed on young people.

YAZ is a recent birth control pill. I looked it up because the ads mention no side effects and, in fact, don't even tell you it's a drug. Very funky, appealing ads to young women and girls that just say "ask your doctor about YAZ" at the end with no indication of what they are asking for... just that it is their life and they should live it how they want.

Yaz/Yasmin Injuries Spark Mass Tort

One of the plaintiff’s attorneys that is currently investigating a number of Yaz/Yasmin claims, Dan Gallucci of RodaNast, P.C., says he even has clients who suffered gallbladder removal or sudden death after taking the Yaz birth control pills to treat their acne. These plaintiffs, he says, were not even of child-bearing age.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

They have been running ads on TV for the last several months that start off by saying the FDA wants them to make sure we are aware of some facts and then starts listing what it is intended for and some of the side effects that have been reported.

I'm pretty sure it's the Yaz one.... I usually head to the bathroom when commercials come on..:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Post by koan »

Interesting.

I just saw the YAZ ads over the last two months and there are no warnings or even mention of what it is. That's in the BC Canada ads, anyway.

20-25 yr olds are having strokes from this stuff.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

koan;1265925 wrote: Interesting.

I just saw the YAZ ads over the last two months and there are no warnings or even mention of what it is. That's in the BC Canada ads, anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/business/11pill.html

here's the guys I'm talking about. They've been on here for a while now
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Post by koan »

flopstock;1265927 wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/business/11pill.html

here's the guys I'm talking about. They've been on here for a while now

my browser wouldn't let me open the link.

The lawsuits are based on failure to properly advertise the side effects.

Yasmin and Yaz Recall for Some Batches of Pills Could Be Coming?

September 16th, 2009 by Austin Kirk |

The FDA released a warning letter this week sent to Bayer Pharmaceuticals over Yaz and Yasmin problems at the drug makers manufacturing plant in Germany. The letter indicates that Bayer hid out-of-specification test results for key ingredients in the birth control pills and said that several batches of the drugs should have never been released to the public. In what could be a forerunner to a Yasmin and Yaz recall, the FDA has asked for detailed lists of the batches shipped to U.S. customers.

Yasmin and Yaz Recall May Be Coming? - Lawsuits Over Yaz and Yasmin Problems | Legal News & Updates Blog - Saiontz & Kirk

that article links to the FDA letter
minks

Post by minks »

koan;1265925 wrote: Interesting.

same here no warnings issued here on the TV either in Alberta, however it does say consult your doctor, well duh ya it's a perscription, so perhaps people should be proactive and ask doctors more questions.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Samantha1400

Post by Samantha1400 »

There are cases across the country against the makers of Yaz and Yasmin. Although most of those cases were filed in federal court, there are similar lawsuits in Pennsylvania and California, as well as New Jersey. Women who have suffered blood clots, strokes, pulmonary embolisms and heart attacks are suing the makers of Yaz and Yasmin.
Samantha1400

Post by Samantha1400 »

There is more info about these lawsuits and Yaz at the blog named Yaz on Trial -- google it for more info if you're interested
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

How in the world does the FDA and those alike allow this garbage on the market?

I'd like to know the percentages associated with their use of the phrase "Low risk"! :mad:

Return to “Women's Health”