I.Q. Test!

Post your factoids here. Things you find interesting. Items that we may not know about.
Saint_

I.Q. Test!

Post by Saint_ »

Yeah, I'm on a thread blitz today. I've got all my work done and I'm bored on my prep period so.... (Besides, I'm tired of Jazzy always getting all the good thread ideas!):D

IQ Test! Name___________________________

1. The following argument is valid:

All humans are mortal.

Socrates is human.

So Socrates is mortal.

True

False

2. The next number in this series is 2

True

False

3. The next number in this series is 16

True

False

4. Lisa is faster than Jane, and Nora is slower than Lisa.

It is impossible to tell whether Nora is faster than Jane based on these facts alone.

True

False

5. Jack owes $64 to John. Jack has only $28 but Bill gives

him another $28. Therefore Jack can repay John in full.

True

False

6. A rancher is building an open-ended fence by stringing wire between posts 20 feet apart. If the fence is 100 feet long the rancher should use 5 posts.

True

False

7. If you hold up your right hand in the mirror your image

would appear to be holding up its right hand.

True

False

8. 17 minutes until 9 o'clock is the same as 8:43.

True

False

9. A group of old ladies meet for an afternoon tea party.

They bring all their cats.

In all there are 22 heads and 72 feet.

This means that there are:

7 old ladies and 15 cats in the room.

True

False

10. Sam received $0.41 change from a purchase.

If he received 6 coins 3 of the coins had to be dimes.

Coins in circulation are: 1 ¢, 5 ¢, 10 ¢, 25 ¢, 1 dime=10 ¢

True

False

11. If there are more inhabitants in Los Angeles than there are hairs on the head of any inhabitant, and if no inhabitant is totally bald, it necessarily follows that there must be at least two inhabitants with exactly the same number of hairs.

True

False

12. The price of a t-shirt was cut 20% for a sale. The price of the t-shirt should be increased by 25% if it is to be sold again at the original price.

True

False

13. Out of the following, E is least like the other designs.

A Z F N E

True

False

14. EVIAN is to NAIVE as 42312 is to 21324.

True

False

15. Lisa was both the 16th highest and 16th lowest in her mid term exam. Therefore her class had 32 students.

True

False

16. Emile made some waffles. He ate one and gave half the remainder to his brother Robbie. After eating another one he was left with 2. This means that he made 8 waffles.

True

False

17. Ian is helping his gym teacher. The teacher asks him to go and get 15 balls from the storage room. If Ian carries 3 balls at a time he will have to make 5 trips to the storage room.

True

False

18. If you write down all the odd numbers from 1-15 in a

row then the sum of any two numbers next to each other is odd.

True

False

19. Suppose you begin reading a book on page B and end on page E. If you read each page completely and the pages are numbered and read consecutively then you have read (E - B) + 1 pages.

True

False

20. Christina has 60 apples. Anna has 85 and Dana has 148. Together Christina and Anna have more apples than Dana.

True

False

21. If you write the words DOS, TAM and MAN with DOS on top, TAM in the middle and MAN at the bottom then the names DAN and SAM can be formed diagonally.

True

False

22. If you turn a right-handed glove inside out it will fit on a left hand.

True

False

23. An arrow pointing to the left will point to the right when rotated 180 degrees about a vertical axis through its center.

True

False

24. There are 5 employees - A, B, C, D and E in the office. Rumors spread through the office according to thefollowing rules:

Rumors can be passed in any direction between D and E.

Rumors can be passed from A to B from B to C and

from C to E.

A rumor began by B that reaches D would be known

by everybody.

True

False

25.There are six equally spaced beads on a circle. You need 30 straight lines to connect each bead with every other bead.

True

False

26.The next number in this series is odd.

True

False

27.Sue walks one block west from her house. Then she walks two blocks south and then one block east. She is now 2 blocks from her house.

True

False

28. Using exactly three colors it is possible to color the sides of a cube in such a way that two sides having the same color never touch.

True

False

29. A regular octagon can be divided into 8 identical triangles by drawing 4 straight lines.

True

False

30. Three equally sized circles can be drawn in such a way that they overlap and create 9 separate compartments.

True

False
minks

I.Q. Test!

Post by minks »

Saint_;1293726 wrote: Yeah, I'm on a thread blitz today. I've got all my work done and I'm bored on my prep period so.... (Besides, I'm tired of Jazzy always getting all the good thread ideas!):D

IQ Test! Name___________________________

1. The following argument is valid:

All humans are mortal.

Socrates is human.

So Socrates is mortal.

True

False

2. The next number in this series is 2

True

False

3. The next number in this series is 16

True

False

4. Lisa is faster than Jane, and Nora is slower than Lisa.

It is impossible to tell whether Nora is faster than Jane based on these facts alone.

True

False

5. Jack owes $64 to John. Jack has only $28 but Bill gives

him another $28. Therefore Jack can repay John in full.

True

False

6. A rancher is building an open-ended fence by stringing wire between posts 20 feet apart. If the fence is 100 feet long the rancher should use 5 posts.

True

False

7. If you hold up your right hand in the mirror your image

would appear to be holding up its right hand.

True

False

8. 17 minutes until 9 o'clock is the same as 8:43.

True

False

9. A group of old ladies meet for an afternoon tea party.

They bring all their cats.

In all there are 22 heads and 72 feet.

This means that there are:

7 old ladies and 15 cats in the room.

True

False

10. Sam received $0.41 change from a purchase.

If he received 6 coins 3 of the coins had to be dimes.

Coins in circulation are: 1 ¢, 5 ¢, 10 ¢, 25 ¢, 1 dime=10 ¢

True

False

11. If there are more inhabitants in Los Angeles than there are hairs on the head of any inhabitant, and if no inhabitant is totally bald, it necessarily follows that there must be at least two inhabitants with exactly the same number of hairs.

True

False

12. The price of a t-shirt was cut 20% for a sale. The price of the t-shirt should be increased by 25% if it is to be sold again at the original price.

True

False

13. Out of the following, E is least like the other designs.

A Z F N E

True

False

14. EVIAN is to NAIVE as 42312 is to 21324.

True

False

15. Lisa was both the 16th highest and 16th lowest in her mid term exam. Therefore her class had 32 students.

True

False

16. Emile made some waffles. He ate one and gave half the remainder to his brother Robbie. After eating another one he was left with 2. This means that he made 8 waffles.

True

False

17. Ian is helping his gym teacher. The teacher asks him to go and get 15 balls from the storage room. If Ian carries 3 balls at a time he will have to make 5 trips to the storage room.

True

False

18. If you write down all the odd numbers from 1-15 in a

row then the sum of any two numbers next to each other is odd.

True

False

19. Suppose you begin reading a book on page B and end on page E. If you read each page completely and the pages are numbered and read consecutively then you have read (E - B) + 1 pages.

True

False

20. Christina has 60 apples. Anna has 85 and Dana has 148. Together Christina and Anna have more apples than Dana.

True

False

21. If you write the words DOS, TAM and MAN with DOS on top, TAM in the middle and MAN at the bottom then the names DAN and SAM can be formed diagonally.

True

False

22. If you turn a right-handed glove inside out it will fit on a left hand.

True

False

23. An arrow pointing to the left will point to the right when rotated 180 degrees about a vertical axis through its center.

True

False

24. There are 5 employees - A, B, C, D and E in the office. Rumors spread through the office according to thefollowing rules:

Rumors can be passed in any direction between D and E.

Rumors can be passed from A to B from B to C and

from C to E.

A rumor began by B that reaches D would be known

by everybody.

True

False

25.There are six equally spaced beads on a circle. You need 30 straight lines to connect each bead with every other bead.

True

False

26.The next number in this series is odd.

True

False

27.Sue walks one block west from her house. Then she walks two blocks south and then one block east. She is now 2 blocks from her house.

True

False

28. Using exactly three colors it is possible to color the sides of a cube in such a way that two sides having the same color never touch.

True

False

29. A regular octagon can be divided into 8 identical triangles by drawing 4 straight lines.

True

False

30. Three equally sized circles can be drawn in such a way that they overlap and create 9 separate compartments.

True

False

Minx

EPIC FAIL

ahahaha I hate these things.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

I.Q. Test!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

1 t

2 t

3 f

4 t

5 f

6 f

7 f

8 t

9 f

10 t

11 f

12 t

13 t

14 t

15 f

16 f

17 t

18 f

19 t

20 f

21 t

22 t

23 t

24 f

25 f

26 t

27 t

28 t

29 t

30 f
spot

I.Q. Test!

Post by spot »

ttftf

fftft

ttttf

ftftf

tttff

ttttf

You're good at marking homework, I expect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Did You Know?”