workers try out immigrant jobs the AA grumpy column

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

hello yes its the grumps back again like s**t on your shoe you cant get rid of me the grumps is on his soapbox again and with an election looming i have a nice juicy story for you.

FOR maintenance man Terry Garner, the argument was clear - Eastern Europeans are stealing our jobs.

A victim of the recession, Terry went from earning £85,000 a year to the dole queue last April when he was made redundant.

He saw the increasing number of migrant workers in the UK as a slap in the face to people like him who were struggling to find a job.

Terry, 45, who previously earned £500-£800 a day doing repairs for Thames Water, says: "Basically, I thought the immigrants were taking our jobs.

"You feel like a foreigner round here now because it's mostly immigrant people.

Read more: Workers try out immigrant jobs | The Sun |Features

AAG

so this is the real legacy of new liebour and teflon tonys new e.u superstate.

gordon brown hasnt got what it takes to reverse this trend he just sits wringing his hands and parroting the party line.

the way around this problem is to make people do these jobs with the threat of having their benefits stopped if they dont and ensure a minimum hourly wage is paid by the employers.

if you dont kick the workshy up the bum and make them have it we will just have more foreign workers doing these types of jobs more immigrants more english on the dole with the foreigners working to pay their dole and housing benefits.

the answer to this problem lies with the BNP as this is the first thing they would jump on but the public are afraid of this fringe party because of the spin lies put out about them by the main parties and the change it would bring about.

possibly sending us back to the 1960,s when times where tougher but everyone was in work as work was plentyfull no eu no euro do we want to go down this

road ?

if its the tories turn david cameron must show some courage and wield the axe to make broken britain a better place.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I was watching this also Andy and You are right.

In the Take-away business we are prone to large amounts of teenagers hanging around at night and more often then not, being moved on by the Police, another waste of resources. At Christmas, the owners went on a Christmas holiday leaving the shop short staffed. I asked up to 20 odd of these teengaers, most I knew If they would like some extra cash for Christmas by working In the kitchens. Guess what?? In the end we had to pull Turkish staff from another shop.

Teflon Tony and the Bleedin Heart Liberals have bred a nation of kids who believe they have to contribute nothing, give nothing and be expected of nothing. Most of them are the reason our Police Force Is stretched to the limit by regually having to disperse large Intimidating groups of them.

In many cases you can only blame the parents and If any-one doubts this then they should tune in to 'Supernanny' at night. This will give you an example of the appalling parenting skills in this country.

The problem Is, this country has allowed this for far to long. Yes, we need the BNP to abolish some of the human rights laws that allow this kind of Inept and Idle giving the short sharp shock that's needed but It goes further than that. New Labour has created a whole generation that Is breeding another Generation where there are absolutely no family value's or work ethic.

I tend to find that the decent teenagers have parents who have family value's and a work ethic but it seems these are getting rarer by the day. You can argue that the parents need to be educated but frankly, I believe It has gone too far and is too late.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Out of the last sixty years labour has been in power for a total of twenty six of them. The rest of the time we have had right wing parties in power. How on earth can all this be down to bleeding heart liberals? We haven't had a liberal government for almost a hundred years.

Oscar I know arithmetic is not your strong point but even you must realise thirteen years is not enough time to spawn a new generation. What is true though is that the generation that are having children now are the spawn of the Thatcher years who grew up amidst all the unemployment and despair of the eighties with no hope of a job and watched their communities being battered in to the ground. and all the despair that many felt while she was in power. No wonder people don't care, many have been shat on from a great height and now maggie's wunderkids, the great brave new world of a service economy based in tyhe centre of london. have destroyed our economy and still go home with fat bonuses while the poor staff in the banks are being laid off right left and centre. rsx

To quote maggie thatcher.

There is no such thing as society: there are individual men and women, and there are families

If we have broken society it's because she took a sledgehammer to it.

It wasn't bleeding heart liberals that got us in this mess If you want to know who broke britain start with right wing monetarist economic policies and the destruction of out industrial base. it was half witted right wing greed is good and money is king idiots that bought in to a monetarist nightmare and let's privatise everything even those things which have never been in private hands sup[ported by a bunch of numpties that read the daily mail and are daft enough to be taken in by the last slogan they read. before you say it yes the unions didn't help either

Get a grip, we are bankrupt, involved in a war our so called leaders conned us in to, we have been thoroughly shafted by a bunch of incompetent ne'er do wells whose jobs have been saved by us the taxpayer and all they can do is bleat about how they need their bonuses, we have a parliamentary system badly in need of reform a set of MP's that are without the biggest bunch of self serving half wits we have ever had the stupidity to elect.

Your solution to all this mess?, who do you blame?. scroungers and immigrants. Cut the dole and sent the nig nogs home.

It's like watching two people taking turn about in a numpty contest.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

THEN VOTE FOR THE BNP SIMPLES :p
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1292977 wrote: Out of the last sixty years labour has been in power for a total of twenty six of them. The rest of the time we have had right wing parties in power. How on earth can all this be down to bleeding heart liberals? We haven't had a liberal government for almost a hundred years.

Oscar I know arithmetic is not your strong point but even you must realise thirteen years is not enough time to spawn a new generation. What is true though is that the generation that are having children now are the spawn of the Thatcher years who grew up amidst all the unemployment and despair of the eighties with no hope of a job and watched their communities being battered in to the ground. and all the despair that many felt while she was in power. No wonder people don't care, many have been shat on from a great height and now maggie's wunderkids, the great brave new world of a service economy based in tyhe centre of london. have destroyed our economy and still go home with fat bonuses while the poor staff in the banks are being laid off right left and centre. rsx

To quote maggie thatcher.

If we have broken society it's because she took a sledgehammer to it.

It wasn't bleeding heart liberals that got us in this mess If you want to know who broke britain start with right wing monetarist economic policies and the destruction of out industrial base. it was half witted right wing greed is good and money is king idiots that bought in to a monetarist nightmare and let's privatise everything even those things which have never been in private hands sup[ported by a bunch of numpties that read the daily mail and are daft enough to be taken in by the last slogan they read. before you say it yes the unions didn't help either

Get a grip, we are bankrupt, involved in a war our so called leaders conned us in to, we have been thoroughly shafted by a bunch of incompetent ne'er do wells whose jobs have been saved by us the taxpayer and all they can do is bleat about how they need their bonuses, we have a parliamentary system badly in need of reform a set of MP's that are without the biggest bunch of self serving half wits we have ever had the stupidity to elect.

Your solution to all this mess?, who do you blame?. scroungers and immigrants. Cut the dole and sent the nig nogs home.

It's like watching two people taking turn about in a numpty contest.
Firstly... Are you following me? :wah:

I do actually agree with a lot that you have said. Maybe I didn't put it In words that you could understand but I think you are missing the point.

The difference In todays society and teenagers Is that more often than not, It is not lack of Industry that turns them Into the workshy. It IS the Bleedin heart liberals who ram the human rights down the throats of the young so they grow up KNOWING they DONT HAVE to work. There Is a world of differnce between a society that has destroyed all Industry In the grip of a Recession and NEEDING to claim benifit and a society that knows It doesn't have to work because the tax payer will keep sending the benifit cheque.

One example that happened recently. A 14 yr old was behaving like a moron on the War Memorial just before Christmas along with a few others. The attending Police Officer began giving them a lecture about having some respect for the place when this one told the Officer 'You can't stop me doing what I like on here cos it's public place'. I would not have known that at 14 years old !! Although in this case It was highly hilarious when the Officer then told him he was under arrest.

Then take a look at the fairly new 'Restoritive Justice' system that Is supposed to stop them re-offending Introduced by this Government. One of the acts of the system is that the offender Is ordered to carry out work In the community. My Beat Manager told me that the 14 year old In question did not even turn up for his Litter picking duties. They went round to get him and he told them he didn't have to do because it wasn';t the law. He wasn't alone, apparently, most of them refered to Community work do not turn up.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1292980 wrote: THEN VOTE FOR THE BNP SIMPLES :p

Can't I'm afraid, I passed the intelligence test.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1293028 wrote: Can't I'm afraid, I passed the intelligence test. You su-re th-at wa-sn't th--e SNP In-tellegence te-st you pass-ed? On-ly th-at wo-uld ex-plain a gr-eat de-al.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

the story orginal story posted has been shortened by g gill moderator

with a threat of infaction if i post the full story ?????

this action is pointless and does not give the reader the true story of what i have posted.

if this is going to happen every time to my column what is the point of the AA grumpy column ?

it seems like it is also politcally correct gagging with the mods implying rules to suit

so obviously you cannot say what you want to say which really makes the FG pointless and is a infraction of the freedom of speech.

i will send a copy of this post to g gill and await a reply

but dont worry my readers the grumps will return with another story and not let the poltically correct loony left gaggers spoil my column.

AAG :mad:
abbey

Post by abbey »

You want to stay here then you follow the TOS.

You cannot post material that you have lifted off the web that has copyright.

You are not the only member that has been warned and you wont be the first to receive a permanent infraction if you do it again.

The owner of this site makes the rules not the "politically correct loony left gaggers"

Why can't you post a paragraph and let the members decide wether or not they want to access the link?

Better still do an article for your "column" in your own words.
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1293187 wrote: the story orginal story posted has been shortened by g gill moderator

with a threat of infaction if i post the full story ?????

this action is pointless and does not give the reader the true story of what i have posted.

if this is going to happen every time to my column what is the point of the AA grumpy column ?

it seems like it is also politcally correct gagging with the mods implying rules to suit

so obviously you cannot say what you want to say which really makes the FG pointless and is a infraction of the freedom of speech.

i will send a copy of this post to g gill and await a reply

but dont worry my readers the grumps will return with another story and not let the poltically correct loony left gaggers spoil my column.

AAG :mad:

What's this do you feel your human rights have been violated, has arbitrary judgement been made without you being given a chance to defend yourself, is there no court you can go to get away from this oppressive regime that has violated your civil liberties and that allows no appeal?

When you signed up to this forum you knew what the rules were and how dare anyone challenge their rules and whine about being unfairly treated. If you can't obey the law and respect the rights of others then it's 0nly right you should be told off. I think the moderators have been remarkably lenient. At the very least you should be birched for such verbal vandalism and deliberate flouting of the rules of decent behaviour. Your action has left the forum open to being accused of copyright violation not only that you are taking the bread from the mouth of the original author.

So enough of this namby pamby and bleating about having your rights trampled on you soft liberal nancy boy. If you do the crime take the punishment like a man and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

gmc;1293242 wrote: What's this do you feel your human rights have been violated, has arbitrary judgement been made without you being given a chance to defend yourself, is there no court you can go to get away from this oppressive regime that has violated your civil liberties and that allows no appeal?

When you signed up to this forum you knew what the rules were and how dare anyone challenge their rules and whine about being unfairly treated. If you can't obey the law and respect the rights of others then it's 0nly right you should be told off. I think the moderators have been remarkably lenient. At the very least you should be birched for such verbal vandalism and deliberate flouting of the rules of decent behaviour. Your action has left the forum open to being accused of copyright violation not only that you are taking the bread from the mouth of the original author.

So enough of this namby pamby and bleating about having your rights trampled on you soft liberal nancy boy. If you do the crime take the punishment like a man and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

why because i write what i think and not what i have to.

you can keep your mouth shut what with some of the verbal diharrorea you come out with and language to boot.

but in the intrestests of the FG i will accede to their request and shorten my column.

anyway surely if i write the same story in my own words its still copyright violation.

as to taking the bread from the mouth of the original owner i dont do this to profit i do this voluntery and when i feel like posting so gmc

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1293248 wrote: why because i write what i think and not what i have to.

you can keep your mouth shut what with some of the verbal diharrorea you come out with and language to boot.

but in the intrestests of the FG i will accede to their request and shorten my column.

anyway surely if i write the same story in my own words its still copyright violation.

as to taking the bread from the mouth of the original owner i dont do this to profit i do this voluntery and when i feel like posting so gmc

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Sarcasm is wasted on you isn't it:yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

pantoandy;1293187 wrote: what is the point of the AA grumpy column ?

You only have a column in your head, just post like everybody else.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Whats this now??Let's bash Andy week?

gmc... That wasn't sarcasm and you know It.

I for one enjoy Andys threads.

Andy... keep the Faith :driving::driving::driving:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1293112 wrote: You su-re th-at wa-sn't th--e SNP In-tellegence te-st you pass-ed? On-ly th-at wo-uld ex-plain a gr-eat de-al.

Would that be the Shotty Nocturnal Post Intelligence test!??!??!?

:yh_rotfl <---- I KID! I KID!

:yh_winks!

:yh_kisses!
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1293310 wrote: Whats this now??Let's bash Andy week?

gmc... That wasn't sarcasm and you know It.

I for one enjoy Andys threads.

AskOxford: Free online dictionary resources from Oxford University Press

Just look up the words you don't understand.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1293310 wrote: Whats this now??Let's bash Andy week?

I personally don't like the AA grumpy column affectation......why doesn't he get himself a blog, or post like a 'normal' person ?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1293355 wrote: I personally don't like the AA grumpy column affectation......why doesn't he get himself a blog, or post like a 'normal' person ?

What exactly is a NORMAL person?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1293338 wrote: AskOxford: Free online dictionary resources from Oxford University Press

Just look up the words you don't understand.

Rodney.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1293402 wrote: What exactly is a NORMAL person?

A person that uses a public forum without the affectation of their own column ?

Grumpy towers ffs !!!

I am normally a most understanding and forgiving person too.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1293405 wrote: A person that uses a public forum without the affectation of their own column ?

Grumpy towers ffs !!!

I am normally a most understanding and forgiving person too. Perhaps he's a trainee Daily Mail journalist? :yh_rotfl
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

Bruv;1293355 wrote: I personally don't like the AA grumpy column affectation......why doesn't he get himself a blog, or post like a 'normal' person ?

would some enlighten me on a blog please

by the way its not easy trying to keep the AA grumpy column fresh and as to posting like a ordinary person that would be just boring mind you there must be another way to post the column in ordinary persons post.

ideas please........
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1293531 wrote: would some enlighten me on a blog please

by the way its not easy trying to keep the AA grumpy column fresh and as to posting like a ordinary person that would be just boring mind you there must be another way to post the column in ordinary persons post.

ideas please........
The problem with a blog Is that others can not contribute to that you have written.

Just carry on as you are Andy.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

pantoandy;1293531 wrote: would some enlighten me on a blog please

ideas please........

You are just trying to make me feel bad now aren't you ?

OK carry on you flibberty gibbet you.......

A blog is an online type diary or journal where you spout, sorry, share your thoughts with the world.

I withdraw my earlier comments......I thought you was an arrogant, bigoted, know it all......but if you are affected by my tongue in cheek objection to your personal way of posting, you are just an ordinary sort.

Now I fear you will hindered next time you want to post......but don't be.....I shall not mention it again.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1293537 wrote: The problem with a blog Is that others can not contribute to that you have written.Of course other people join in on blogs, every posting has a comments trail for the readers and OP to discuss what was posted. The reason Andy's here is the ready-made audience, that's all.

As for the storm in a teacup over copyright, Andy simply needs to realize that quoting a significant passage from a news article, with a link to the full text, is allowed here because it's legal worldwide. Copying entire articles isn't allowed here because it's not legal worldwide and leaves the owner potentially liable to civil action and damages. It's no different to music file-sharing of tracks with no copyright permit. I made several tries to explain this to Andy when he arrived first, and then when he re-arrived, and again when he arrived this time, and he seems never to have wanted to grasp the point. If infractions finally get him to stick to the owner's policy of staying within the law then hallelujah.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1293578 wrote: It's all a part of Andy's charm, Bruv - and good natured charm is something in short supply in FG these days. To be encouraged! :sneaky:

It might be part of Andy's "charm" but if it leaves the Garden open to prosecution and the law of the land says it is illegal then we have no choice but to pull him up for it.

For the record :-

It is acceptable to post a short extract from an on-line newspaper with a link pointing to the source.

It is illegal to post an extract without attribution.

It is illegal to post the entire column even if you post a link to it.

If Andy (or anyone else) stays within those rules then there will be no problems.

If anyone breaks the rules then, for the safety of the Garden, they will be infracted and the post will be edited.

If a member repeatedly breaks a rule, despite having been warned and previously infracted for the same reason, then the infraction will be a permanent one.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1293587 wrote: It is illegal to post an extract without attribution.That, perhaps, is going too far. We could reasonably say it's unethical but ForumGarden is scarcely an academic imprint. To post an extract without attribution is, by reasoned and considered choice on the part of ForumGarden's management, an infractable offence. As, come to that, is posting something one published initially elsewhere on the Internet without making reference to the initial publication. ForumGarden chose a long while back to strongly discourage plagiarism in all its forms.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1293591 wrote: That, perhaps, is going too far. We could reasonably say it's unethical but ForumGarden is scarcely an academic imprint. To post an extract without attribution is, by reasoned and considered choice on the part of ForumGarden's management, an infractable offence. As, come to that, is posting something one published initially elsewhere on the Internet without making reference to the initial publication. ForumGarden chose a long while back to strongly discourage plagiarism in all its forms.

As I understand it, posting any direct extract of a published, copyrighted, work without attribution is infringement of copyright. Where the work is from an on-line publication and a link to that publication is given it is acceptable but if it is a printed work and explicit permission has not been granted it is illegal.

Take the case of a piece of software. Copying software is covered by the law of copyright rather than the law of theft. If copyright did not cover the use of extracts as well as the use of the whole work that you would be able to "publish" the complex algorithm at the heart of the program as part of your program without it being illegal.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

AussiePam wrote: It's all a part of Andy's charm, Bruv - and good natured charm is something in short supply in FG these days. To be encouraged! :sneaky:

Was this post deleted or invented?
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;1293600 wrote: Was this post deleted or invented?

I suspect it was provocative.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1293569 wrote: You are just trying to make me feel bad now aren't you ?

Yes... Take the Shame.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

K.Snyder;1293600 wrote: Was this post deleted or invented?

I invented it first, then deleted it.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

spot you old goat how are you ?

i honestly didnt realise i was breaking the law or FG rules

however i will accede to the request given and post a short extract or write one up in my own words thus not breaching copyright .

i hadnt gone away i was just taking a break as there wasnt anything really worth writing about plus i,ve been very busy and the column was going a bit stale.

so watch out for the new AA grumpy columns

i take it im not limited to wording or linage with my patented beginning and end rants ???

APPOLOGIES TO ALL IF I WAS OUT OF ORDER BUT

BEWARE OF THE GRUMPS

Return to “Work Employment”