A nor'eastern is heading up coastal USA

What's the weather like today?
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Gosh, Kathy!!! That is incredible. I think they need to move the Vancouver games to either Chonsi's place, or yours!!! :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;[RIGHT wrote: [/RIGHT]1289491]Gosh, Kathy!!! That is incredible. I think they need to move the Vancouver games to either Chonsi's place, or yours!!! :sneaky:

I don't think so.:sneaky:

Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey Chonsi,

Do you have off tomorrow? We just got a call to let us know that we have off tomorrow....I didn't think that would happen, and I'm ready for school tomorrow.....sweet.....and no school on Monday as it's President's Day.

Now we have 6 days to make up in June .....Guess our last day will be in July....We might get 8" of snow on Monday:(

I'm so sick of shoveling.....:thinking: although I did have a lot of help:-6

Here are my happy, warm socks for after shoveling....;)

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1289491 wrote: Gosh, Kathy!!! That is incredible. I think they need to move the Vancouver games to either Chonsi's place, or yours!!! :sneaky:

Hi Pam:-6

We certainly have enough snow between the 2 of us for the Olympics:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I like your warm socks! I put on my duckie slippers at the end of the day.

They say 3-6" for that clipper, you bet they will hold school Tuesday, even if 2 hours late!

Oh, I am not looking forward to first day back, I have a teacher's class in the afternoon, it will be a long day.......
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Kathy Ellen;1289713 wrote: Hey Chonsi,

Do you have off tomorrow? We just got a call to let us know that we have off tomorrow....I didn't think that would happen, and I'm ready for school tomorrow.....sweet.....and no school on Monday as it's President's Day.

Now we have 6 days to make up in June .....Guess our last day will be in July....We might get 8" of snow on Monday:(

I'm so sick of shoveling.....:thinking: although I did have a lot of help:-6

Here are my happy, warm socks for after shoveling....;)

OOOO those socks look toasty:)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh I love my socks Southern Yankee. They are soooooo warm....
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Kathy Ellen;1289732 wrote: Oh I love my socks Southern Yankee. They are soooooo warm.... my feet are always COLD. gotta get me some of those fuzzy warm socks:)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

southern yankee;1289741 wrote: my feet are always COLD. gotta get me some of those fuzzy warm socks:)

Oh, you will love these socks Southern Yankee. Here's a site on Amazon who sells them.....Targets may also have them.

They're soft and warm microfiber blended fuzzy socks...

Amazon.com: Soft and Warm Microfiber Fuzzy Socks in Royal Blue, Purple or Red by Foot Traffic: Clothing
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1289741 wrote: my feet are always COLD. gotta get me some of those fuzzy warm socks:)

hope your not in a rush!:yh_rotfl

'Severe Weather Alert: Due to winter storms on the East Coast of the United States, many packages will be delayed'.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Southern Yankee...You also might like a robe sold in Sears by the Fundamental company. Even though it's polyester, it feels like the microfiber socks...warm and toasty....

It's called a fundamental long sleeve embroidered snap terry robe. It's only $15 and it is fabulous...so warm and comfortable....

Here's a link....I bought it in the jade color...couldn't believe how cheap it was. I don't think that the robe looks nice in the picture, but it really is.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... =Intimates
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Socks are good!!! I bought two new pairs of ski socks yesterday in turquoise and green smart wool. Nice toast warm feet here now too!!!

Hey Kathy, the Los Angeles ski club (originally a Swiss ski club) that very kindly adopted this Aussie orphan last week have invited me to become a member. I'll be their Deeepest South member.. grin. Thankyou America!!!

Eastern Staters - please take care. The television weather broadcasts are very scary!!! Pack up all that snow and send it to Vancouver!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Post by Odie »

how much is predicted for Monday Chonsi?

must be very quiet, bet she's sleeping.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

3-6" we will have school on Tuesday I bet. The roads are better, but all have not been plowed. They should be done by the end of the weekend.

I was upstairs doing my tai chi with the pre-Olympic shows on, now I have the remote downstairs. It's mine, for two weeks! I will watch Olympics.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

4 photos and haiku from the storm.

Attached files
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1290046 wrote: 3-6" we will have school on Tuesday I bet. The roads are better, but all have not been plowed. They should be done by the end of the weekend.

I was upstairs doing my tai chi with the pre-Olympic shows on, now I have the remote downstairs. It's mine, for two weeks! I will watch Olympics.

Chonsi, You make me tired with all of your energy. I am going out tomorrow now that the snow had been cleared a bit and try to get on the boardwalk for a long walk.

Oh, that's good that you have the power to control the remote...good on ya girl:wah:

I'm watching the Olympics also for the last 2 hours....I love it.

The commentators made some wonderful comments about how the USA and Canada have a special relationship with eachother...

I've always loved Canada as my cousins live in Hamilton and my family have been travelling to Buffalo to visit our rellys almost every year, since I was a child, and then heading into Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1290049 wrote: 4 photos and haiku from the storm.

your pics are just gorjous, I love your captions!
Helen

Post by Helen »

watched it on our news channel yesterday, the tv reporter was outside the whitehouse, with snow above his knees and not another person in sight anywhere !!!

at least your snow is dry and powdery, not like ours wet and slushy and horrible..............:(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Side streets are still unplowed this morning, as I went off to shop and attend a meeting. Bulldozers are pushing away the snow, but they will have to work all weekend to get it ready for the school buses. A fright to drive.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Well, this is our 4th major storm since December that hit us yesterday. School was opened, and it was so icy and snowy that I felt like I was driving in white-out on an ice skating rink for 10 miles:(.

I went out in the wind and snow at 4:30 this morning to shovel out and was nearly blown away. Thankfully they finally closed the schools at 5:30 this morning.

Now we have 7 days to make up at the end of the school year, but it is certainly worth it. We still have March to worry about and have another storm brewing for next week. Think we'll probably end school in August:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

There was no snow in my backyard yesterday....And now today....:wah:

My poor clothesline:wah:....crashed and burned from the strong winds...

cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1293195 wrote: Well, this is our 4th major storm since December that hit us yesterday. School was opened, and it was so icy and snowy that I felt like I was driving in white-out on an ice skating rink for 10 miles:(.

I went out in the wind and snow at 4:30 this morning to shovel out and was nearly blown away. Thankfully they finally closed the schools at 5:30 this morning.

Now we have 7 days to make up at the end of the school year, but it is certainly worth it. We still have March to worry about and have another storm brewing for next week. Think we'll probably end school in August:wah:
OH KE, I really feel for you, been there, done that, "too many" times to count! I remember shoveling at 4:30am to clear out the driveway. Then only to have the plows come around at 5:30am and plow a 3 foot high by 5 foot long barrier at the foot of the driveway!! :wah: I cussed them to no end, each & every time!!! After shoveling for a hour & a half, then go inside take a shower, have breakfast, & get dressed, then drive 2 to 3 hours (22 miles O/W) to get to work! I put in a full day, before the work day even started!

(That's why I am where I am now;))
Cars :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

They plow me in all the time Cars. I have to go out to shovel a little in a bit and hope they don't plow again. It's so icy that I'm not sure if I can get down the steps:wah::p

:wah: I'll be across the State from you on March 26th. How do you think the weather will be then????? Plan to spend a lot of time having some sun and fun.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Yepper Cars...The F-ER'S just came down the road again.....luckily not too much snow was thrown in my drive...I'll shovel again...:-1 I don't wait until later to shovel because it freezes...
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1293249 wrote: They plow me in all the time Cars. I have to go out to shovel a little in a bit and hope they don't plow again. It's so icy that I'm not sure if I can get down the steps:wah::p

:wah: I'll be across the State from you on March 26th. How do you think the weather will be then????? Plan to spend a lot of time having some sun and fun.
Well KE, that's a hard thing to predict. This has been the coldest winter here in over 30 years, so the old timer's here have told me. Today, it's exactally "60" degrees right now at 1:15pm, and I have personally witnessed extremely cold weather here since December 5th, right up to now!! So, hopefully by the end of next month, it should be (better be) a whole lot warmer! Anyway, you'll have fun just being down here, cold or not! :) So enjoy!!
Cars :)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

My father told me that there are about a million people out of power in the northeast U.S.!

:eek:!

Return to “Weather Station”