laptop screen?

kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

Anyone know of a good site to buy a laptop screen, i broke mine standing on it:o:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

laptop screen?

Post by Jazzy »

What kind of laptop is it Kaz?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

laptop screen?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

kazalala;1284154 wrote: Anyone know of a good site to buy a laptop screen, i broke mine standing on it:o:rolleyes:

How?

I just cannot imagine that happening :wah:
spot

laptop screen?

Post by spot »

Buying the laptop screen is the easy bit. Fitting it is a bitch.

If you tell us the model code from the base of the laptop we can put some information here.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

laptop screen?

Post by CARLA »

Yikes!! I won't ask why you were stand on your Labtop. ;) in most cases it is through the maker of your laptop they are pretty specific that way..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

Jazzy;1284171 wrote: What kind of laptop is it Kaz?
its a Toshiba

Bryn Mawr;1284183 wrote: How?

I just cannot imagine that happening :wah:
well i was in bed using my lap top ,, i didnt feel that good and couldnt be botehred so i just closed the lid, put it down the side if the bed, put my head back and closed my eyes. Had a snooze, woke and watched a film on telly, then swung my legs out f the bed and put my good leg down to stnad up and reach out for my crutches. I was standing on the lap top:)

Funny i had a bit of a look and one site said there are many reasons for needing to replace a lap top screen one of them being you have stood on it:)

spot;1284189 wrote: Buying the laptop screen is the easy bit. Fitting it is a bitch.

If you tell us the model code from the base of the laptop we can put some information here.
i will have a look at that when i next go back in to my bedroom as it takes far too much energy with already having had to make 3 trips back and forth from there to here what with forgetting to bring my glasses etc.

CARLA;1284191 wrote: Yikes!! I won't ask why you were stand on your Labtop. ;) in most cases it is through the maker of your laptop they are pretty specific that way..
will have a look at that Carla, hopefully they dont cost twice as much as anywhere else:rolleyes:as its not my laptop i will have to either replace it or repair it:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

laptop screen?

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1284189 wrote: Buying the laptop screen is the easy bit. Fitting it is a bitch.

Really, I thought it was Immy that was the fit bitch

I did the same thing a few years ago so I'll be interested in the outcome. I put mine in the loft and forgot about it
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1284273 wrote: Really, I thought it was Immy that was the fit bitch

I did the same thing a few years ago so I'll be interested in the outcome. I put mine in the loft and forgot about it

why did you keep it?:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

laptop screen?

Post by Snowfire »

kazalala;1284274 wrote: why did you keep it?:wah:

Well, initially I was plugging it into our flat screen TV but I got fed up with all that malarky and she who must be obeyed couldn't watch the soaps. Besides I got funny looks carting it on the train :wah:

Winston Churchill
kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1284276 wrote: Well, initially I was plugging it into our flat screen TV but I got fed up with all that malarky and she who must be obeyed couldn't watch the soaps. Besides I got funny looks carting it on the train :wah:

well if you aint gonna get it fixed,, chuck it out!!!!!:driving:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

laptop screen?

Post by Snowfire »

I'll see what success you have first and I might dig it out

Winston Churchill
kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1284279 wrote: I'll see what success you have first and I might dig it out

ok i'll let you know then, i looked ata couple but didnt know if i remembered the make and model exactly right,,, (cant carry stuff around) anyway ones i looked at all going for around £70.00. But as someone mentioned earlier ,,, how to fit?? my dauhgters boyfriend is in IT and knows a lot about computers, so dont know if he would be able:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

laptop screen?

Post by spot »

Without the exact model code you can't look up the right replacement.

Is he any good with a very small screwdriver? Does he follow instructions?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

laptop screen?

Post by kazalala »

spot;1284286 wrote: Without the exact model code you can't look up the right replacement.

Is he any good with a very small screwdriver? Does he follow instructions?

well i will make sure before anything is ordered the right model code is there:) i think he is ok with a small screwdriver and i assume he can follow instructions,, he did get a university degree, but that dont stop him being a man, so its likely he may just follow his own instructions:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
patience

laptop screen?

Post by patience »

Hello,

There are many online stores from which you can buy laptop screen.But according to me [link removed] is good site.Please visit this site .This will provides you more information.
mikeinie

laptop screen?

Post by mikeinie »

OK, whose thread was it that got you stamping on your computer??? :wah:

I would think that with the price of laptops these days it would almost be easier just to get a new one.

Return to “Computers Internet”