Quilting

Discuss knitting, embroidery, crocheting, and other types of creative needlework.
lberna

Quilting

Post by lberna »

I find quilting to be very relaxing. I piece by machine but I hand quilt. I like to do scrappy quilts that are about 70X80 inches. Plenty big enough to cover with on the sofa while watching TV. My granddaughters ask me what to do with my collection of fabrics when I die :thinking:. I tell them to find a quilting guild that does quilts for charity.
flopstock

Quilting

Post by flopstock »

My sister is a runner and her friend took her marathon tshirts and turned them into two really beautiful quilts. I think it must be something you have to have that artistic eye for. While I can look at things folks make and say 'oh yeah, i wish i'd thought of that!' I could never have actually thought of it.:o

And as for the fabric, tell them you don't plan on going anywhere until it is all used up!:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

lberna

Quilting

Post by lberna »

My problem is that I keep finding fabric that I just have to have. And, when I do a scrappy quilt from my fabric stash, it really doesn't use up alot. Oh well, my granddaughters will just have to deal with it.
lberna

Quilting

Post by lberna »

"Time is too important for quilting" by Ian

Everyone has his/her own way of spending their time. I like to make beautiful quilts and give them to friends and family. The quilts are well made and will be around for generations. Maybe 50-100 years from now, someone will wonder just who made their quilt and what is the story that goes with the quilt. Sorry you consider it a waste of time. I probably would fine your hobby a waste of time.

Return to “Needlecrafts”