Re-gifting Party - What were you not happy recieving can regift?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I'm invited to a re-gifting party on Saturday night...have to bring a prezzie I received that was not expecting & didn't want. Unfortunately, I got everything I wanted including the chia cat...any suggestions from anybody who got something for Christmas that they didn't like or want would be appreciated.:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

A re-gifting party sounds fun. :) Sometimes ladies can get an over abundance of "smell good" stuff and pick one of these to re-gift. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1280114 wrote: A re-gifting party sounds fun. :) Sometimes ladies can get an over abundance of "smell good" stuff and pick one of these to re-gift. :)

I got Reese Witherspoon's In Bloom which is not fruity or stinky but am not bringing that...instead I went out & bought a Pyrex bake set (I already have 2) but don't need a third & it was on sale...just hope I walk away with something nice on Sat. night:wah:
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

I haven't read through this thread. But I just want to say that.....I know a nun who re-gifts and it's so insulting. I bought a very nice antique statue of 3 nuns, gave it to a convent where there are many nuns who I know. And the head nun,...re-gifted it, giving it away. I noticed it gone one morning while I was talking to her. She told me that it's in her car, that she was going to give it to someone, but it's still in her car. Nope, I do think that she regifted it. And it didn't cost me a penney.:sneaky:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ummm I don't understand this cult of re-gifting .....it's a gift. How do you then pass it on? I'm obviously not one of these people ..gladly so. I think you're deplorable and disgusting. If you don't want 'gifts' then say so.

I gave a gift once. A 2000 year old miniture bust . Certified and all. That person I gave it to (a close relative who i thought would appreciate it ) passed it on to a person they no longer have contact with . . And people wonder why i don't give gifts anymore. Pfft!!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1280192 wrote: Ummm I don't understand this cult of re-gifting .....it's a gift. How do you then pass it on? I'm obviously not one of these people ..gladly so. I think you're deplorable and disgusting. If you don't want 'gifts' then say so.

I gave a gift once. A 2000 year old miniture bust . Certified and all. That person I gave it to (a close relative who i thought would appreciate it ) passed it on to a person they no longer have contact with . . And people wonder why i don't give gifts anymore. Pfft!!!

Jump on the plane & be ready by 6pm my time...your coming with me to the re-gifting party...maybe someone will have a bust of a 2000 yr chia pet with papers of course.:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Once you give someone a gift, it's theirs to do with what they wish. That's the nature of gifting. You may be fortunate enough as the gifter to get a "thank you" or see the person display or wear your gift, but that's it. Do we give a gift for selfish reasons? Just wondering.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “General Chit Chat”