My New Years challenge for all FG'ers

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Post by spot »

abbey;1278659 wrote: Shellbelle,

I am so sad your attempt to find peace has turned to this. :(

You might not have noticed, abbey, but shelbell got exactly what she was asking for.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

spot;1278693 wrote: You might not have noticed, abbey, but shelbell got exactly what she was asking for.

That is exactly right spot...:-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

spot;1278693 wrote: You might not have noticed, abbey, but shelbell got exactly what she was asking for.True

oscar;1278690 wrote: I disagree slightly there Abbs... I think the thread has provided some with the chance to air their grievences has been very benificial to some.

Maybe now we can all move on and begin a New year here together in harmony :-6:-6:-6
Dunno about that, its done my bloody head in!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

abbey;1278699 wrote: True

Dunno about that, its done my bloody head in!

Yes abbey, my head has been spinning too! :eek::yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

shelbell;1278646 wrote: OMG!!!!! seriously people??????????

Thank you so much to the few that have decided to derail this thread and make a mockery of it. And YES! That is said with sarcasm. :-5:-5:-5

Hi Shell:-6

I'm sorry that your thread was derailed, but in all honesty I think that this thread was good for all of us. It gave us the opportunity to vent a bit and be more honest and upfront about some of our feelings.

It's good to clear the air, and I feel much better after reading other members thoughts about some of our issues here in FG.

Thank you Shell;):p
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1278703 wrote: quote=shelbell;1278646]OMG!!!!! seriously people??????????

Thank you so much to the few that have decided to derail this thread and make a mockery of it. And YES! That is said with sarcasm. :-5:-5:-5

Hi Shell:-6

I'm sorry that your thread was derailed, but in all honesty I think that this thread was good for all of us. It gave us the opportunity to vent a bit and be more honest and upfront about some of our feelings.

It's good to clear the air, and I feel much better after reading other members thoughts about some of our issues here in FG.

Thank you Shell;):p

Thanks KE...I really do hope some good has come out of all this...maybe a chance to air some differences and some concerns can have a positive impact. :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

shelbell;1278710 wrote: Thanks KE...I really do hope some good has come out of all this...maybe a chance to air some differences and some concerns can have a positive impact. :-6

It's really good Shell...It's like having a big burb:o....You get rid of all of the excess gas building up and feel sooooo much better:p

Thank you Shell:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1278722 wrote: It's really good Shell...It's like having a big burb:o....You get rid of all of the excess gas building up and feel sooooo much better:p

Thank you Shell:-4

Maybe we should have a big fg burp off...then everyone will get their gas out. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Even if this thread just gets people thinking , maybe we can all learn from it...and maybe even get some good will out of it after all. :-4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

A lady does not burb!! A lady may occasionally give a small meaningful sigh though... :sneaky: Better out than in...

Actually, as Saint pointed out, we do this thread every year, at this time. It starts similarly, goes through some spirals (I don't think any of them really are derailments) as people offload a bit, and mostly ends up fine.. People get stuff off their chest and we all give it another go for another year.

Also, it's nearly the twelfth day of Christmas (6 Jan) - that's when the decorations come down, Saturnalia ends, the silly season finishes, topsy turvy rules and the mouse becomes a lion, and the lion the mouse and then it's back to the workaday world.

Forum Garden is a good place. Thanks Tombie!! I guess we come here because we like to come here. I mean otherwise why would we?? There's been a lot in the New Year press about 'tolerance'. We're all different, different backgrounds, aspirations, worldviews etc etc. but mostly we muddle along okay.

Happy New Year, Forum Garden!!!

BURP

ooops

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

AussiePam;1278745 wrote: A lady does not burb!! A lady may occasionally give a small meaningful sigh though... :sneaky: Better out than in...

Actually, as Saint pointed out, we do this thread every year, at this time. It starts similarly, goes through some spirals (I don't think any of them really are derailments) as people offload a bit, and mostly ends up fine.. People get stuff off their chest and we all give it another go for another year.

Also, it's nearly the twelfth day of Christmas (6 Jan) - that's when the decorations come down, Saturnalia ends, the silly season finishes, topsy turvy rules and the mouse becomes a lion, and the lion the mouse and then it's back to the workaday world.

Forum Garden is a good place. Thanks Tombie!! I guess we come here because we like to come here. I mean otherwise why would we?? There's been a lot in the New Year press about 'tolerance'. We're all different, different backgrounds, aspirations, worldviews etc etc. but mostly we muddle along okay.

Happy New Year, Forum Garden!!!

BURP

ooops

:sneaky:

Oooh begging your pardon m'am, better out than in hey!

You've just reminded me of my mate, burp for England that one could :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Happy New Year's Ian.

:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop

Cardi Goddess!!

Supporting Member

It's far from baiting Odie, it's asking you to come out with it on the open boards instead of behind peoples backs. It's actually the adult way to deal with things. If of course you don't wish to post it here then that's up to you, if anything I hope just these mentions of what is going on is enough to stop you carrying it on. You see Odie, you are not the first and nor will you be the last to get caught up in such things on FG, the skill is to stay out of other peoples vendettas.

I don't have any vendetta with anyone Betty.

Please email me and we can further discuss this.

thank you.

Joan
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1278757 wrote: [quote=Betty boop]you are not the first and nor will you be the last to get caught up in such things on FG, the skill is to stay out of other peoples vendettas.

I don't have any vendetta with anyone Betty.
I think you'll find, if you read carefully, that there's no suggestion you have a vendetta with anyone, merely that you've been the tool and plaything of others who do.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I am an Island. :p

I was told once to keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

I've liked reading through this thread . It's given me a great insight to the personalities around here. I like that......I do admit I'm not into the wishy washy threads because they are always derailed at some point . It's like ....

"You're my bestest friend":-4

"No you're my best friend"

" No your my best friend" :-4

"Okay...Now you hang up first"

"No you hang up ":-4

" No you hang up"

"No you hang up" :-4

"You hang up."

......clunck

s'hit the Bi'tch hung up on me.:mad:

For those who say forums aren't ' reality', Well, they actually are in a sense, because the thoughts and feelings that people express here would be felt and expressed anyway by other means . For instance half the reliigious and political topics would be debated by friends at dinner parties and the like. And friendships are made everywhere so what you see here would be playing out in real life by those people and with the personalities they hold. Basically forums are a means to an end . People rarely know their neighbours anymore so the gossip over the back fence has ceased. Voila!!!! Internet forums.

I believe the forum is a place where you see peoples true personalities . The intro niceties cease very quickly because of the anominity. Therefore we don't go through all the play acting we do in real life when first introducing ourselves to new people. I believe the sinerities I see here would be the same I would behold of any of you in RL. (Albeit we have others present "family and other friends' .....in real life so you might hold back a bit, but essentially you're exactly the same as on this board )

So in summing up what you see here is what you'd really get if you knew any of these people closely in RL. So it's not reality? I think it is .......maybe a little too much reality:)

If you were to walk into a crowded pub and look for me , all I would have to do is speak and you'd know I was Fuzzywuzzy straight off. I don't believe we change because we've already shown too much of ourselves on here to pretend further.

Anyway that's what I reckon.:-6:-4:p
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

YouTube - Oasis - Whatever - Promo Vid

Just watch it till the end and chill out, life's short.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Yaay! The Scots have not become glacial features!:)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OH MY GOD COMPARE THE TWO SONGS!!!!!!!! I KNEW I'D HEARD IT SOMEWHERE!!!!

YouTube - Monty Python - How Sweet to be an Idiot

they didn't just rip the Beatles off!!! They ripped off monty python!!! Blasphemy I tells ya!!!!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

fuzzywuzzy;1278811 wrote: OH MY GOD COMPARE THE TWO SONGS!!!!!!!! I KNEW I'D HEARD IT SOMEWHERE!!!!

they didn't just rip the Beatles off!!! They ripped off monty python!!! Blasphemy I tells ya!!!!

Good job the copyright date was passed by the time of Oasis!!!!! Sounds like a direct crib, with different words (by Oasis). :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Clodhopper;1278808 wrote: Yaay! The Scots have not become glacial features!:)

If we melt, do you drown :thinking::sneaky:
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

fuzzywuzzy;1278811 wrote: OH MY GOD COMPARE THE TWO SONGS!!!!!!!! I KNEW I'D HEARD IT SOMEWHERE!!!!

G#Gill;1278812 wrote: Good job the copyright date was passed by the time of Oasis!!!!! Sounds like a direct crib, with different words (by Oasis). :rolleyes:

:wah::wah::wah:

Entering into the true spirit of the song & thread then.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

If we melt, do you drown

Naaah: That's why Hadrian's Dam was built (recent archaeological evidence has shown it isn't really a Wall at all, at all. Honest).

But I am looking forward to a nice cup o' Tay come the spring. :)

abbey

Post by abbey »

buttercup;1278816 wrote: :wah::wah::wah:

:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Ian;1278748 wrote: I think this thread is a great idea, it always fascinates me what women argue about,

it's a real soap opera around here :D

here's looking forward to another new year :-6

ohhhhhhhhhhhh take that back!:yh_rotfl

I have a male friend who is married.

He actually sulks!

He has the worst mood swings anyone could possible imagine, and when he's down, hes pissed!

and unfortunately takes anything out on me!:-5

So now, if he speaks to me in his ugly manner, I refuse to talk to him until he smartens up!

Happy New Year Ian!
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1278764 wrote: I think you'll find, if you read carefully, that there's no suggestion you have a vendetta with anyone, merely that you've been the tool and plaything of others who do.

oh thanks Spot, see how easily I get confused?:(

oh yes, I was a tool, more like a sounding board in more ways than one and even started a thread becasue one couldn't do it himself.:-5:-5

yup.....man, was I played a fool of!:rolleyes:
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Good for you, Odie.!:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

buttercup;1278816 wrote: :wah::wah::wah:

Kae sara sara :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1278785 wrote: I am an Island. :p

I was told once to keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

I've liked reading through this thread . It's given me a great insight to the personalities around here. I like that......I do admit I'm not into the wishy washy threads because they are always derailed at some point . It's like ....

"You're my bestest friend":-4

"No you're my best friend"

" No your my best friend" :-4

"Okay...Now you hang up first"

"No you hang up ":-4

" No you hang up"

"No you hang up" :-4

"You hang up."

......clunck

s'hit the Bi'tch hung up on me.:mad:

For those who say forums aren't ' reality', Well, they actually are in a sense, because the thoughts and feelings that people express here would be felt and expressed anyway by other means . For instance half the reliigious and political topics would be debated by friends at dinner parties and the like. And friendships are made everywhere so what you see here would be playing out in real life by those people and with the personalities they hold. Basically forums are a means to an end . People rarely know their neighbours anymore so the gossip over the back fence has ceased. Voila!!!! Internet forums.

I believe the forum is a place where you see peoples true personalities . The intro niceties cease very quickly because of the anominity. Therefore we don't go through all the play acting we do in real life when first introducing ourselves to new people. I believe the sinerities I see here would be the same I would behold of any of you in RL. (Albeit we have others present "family and other friends' .....in real life so you might hold back a bit, but essentially you're exactly the same as on this board )

So in summing up what you see here is what you'd really get if you knew any of these people closely in RL. So it's not reality? I think it is .......maybe a little too much reality:)

If you were to walk into a crowded pub and look for me , all I would have to do is speak and you'd know I was Fuzzywuzzy straight off. I don't believe we change because we've already shown too much of ourselves on here to pretend further.

Anyway that's what I reckon.:-6:-4:p

Some do know others in real life, and see them frequently, whether it be by family for friends.

I spent almost 4 hours on the phone with Shelbell on NYE, we both counted down, my came first, then hers, it was a wonderful experience for us both, as she lost Grant, her husband 10 months ago so his was her first.....Mike walked out on me 8 months ago, so this was my first.......and firsts of everything suck!

I find like you find, this is not cyberspace, we are real people, people with feelings, ones who care, ones who reach out everyday, ones who contribute to so many exciting and awesome threads here.

I actually call fg my second home.......some may think I'm crazy, but I'm here everyday visiting and chatting along.

in all honesty? Since Mike left and I am on my own now, I come here anywhere from 3-4 times a day pending.

I have met some amazing people from all around the world, with unique and usual ideas, beliefs, foods, language and how its spoken elsewhere, their passions in life, their hobby's, their pets, their problems.

- damn its sad I'm the only one here that hobby is tropical fish!:yh_rotfl

Happy New Year Fuzz!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1278849 wrote: Good for you, Odie.!:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

what? what did I say do deserve that?......I am so tired and confused as always!:yh_rotfl

truth time again.....long story short...went through chemo 9 years ago....never got my energy back so I always feel fatigued...plus chemo kills brain cells, so I am not as sharp as I used to be.

this is why I am asking you why I deserved that for, plus its just been a very long long day in Toronto!:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1278844 wrote: oh thanks Spot, see how easily I get confused?:(

oh yes, I was a tool, more like a sounding board in more ways than one and even started a thread becasue one couldn't do it himself.:-5:-5

yup.....man, was I played a fool of!:rolleyes:

I am truly sorry that you were used in this way. It is not on and is the one thing that is guaranteed to make me loose my cool, no matter who the member is that is being attacked.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1278887 wrote: I am truly sorry that you were used in this way. It is not on and is the one thing that is guaranteed to make me loose my cool, no matter who the member is that is being attacked.

Thank you Betty!:-6

I have to this year, learn to sit back from things, walk away, and come back later, even if its a few days.

I really need to do this...but its hard for me to do.

-needless to say I will not be listening to anyone who uses and abuses me for themselves.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

awe...I'm feelin the love...what a nice surprise after waking up from my nap. :-4:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1278906 wrote: awe...I'm feelin the love...what a nice surprise after waking up from my nap. :-4:-4

feelin the love is a good thing.:-6

excuse me, you just got up now?:yh_rotfl

its 11pm and I'm going to bed.:wah:

tomorrow will be a long long day....have to do the driveway, take my car and have emission test done, change the thermostat in my car as I now have no heat.:mad:

then off to get my plate sticker, take off the blue plastic whatever you call it off, and put the sticker on and put the blue plastic whatever you call it back on.

this is going to cost me around $300.00:lips::-5:rolleyes:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Barman;1278560 wrote: OK, i will chuck my tuppence worth in, i seldom get too serious though.

Everyone has their reason for being here, mine, i love to read posts and sometimes communicate with people from different parts of the World.

I watch and can see the the temperature rising from some members and wonder why some just infuriate others, i put it down to lack of understanding and upbringing.

I have no one on ignore and never will again, i did have one for a while, just had to peep though so thought what the heck just don't rise to the bait. The silly sod thought i was a new member and started lecturing me. Me Soberano, cheeky twot.:wah: Friends now.:D

Basically, i wish i could meet all of you, i wish no one any harm or bad fortune, most of you fascinate me, such a wide knowledge of all things on this forum. So not everyone is interested in the same thing, what a boring World if we were all the same.

Another thing, stop picking on people that cant spell, i am ***** at Chemistry and Physics and a million other things, so what, i don't give a toss, i am still capable of communication and the art of conversation.

Just remember we are all members of the same club, i admire a lot of people i have never met, where else could you say that.:)

To finish i would just like to say that if you are a young good looking chick, i admire you most.;):D

That's me isn't it? Go on, admit it, you'te talking about me aren't you!

Barman;1278591 wrote: A little extra from me. I used to wonder what spot was up to in his posts sometimes, then i met the man.

I can only say he is one of the most delightful intelligent man i have ever had the pleasure to meet.

So before you judge anyone, meet the person first, no bugger knows sod all about anybody on a forum really.

I have met a few on here, you know who you are and you have all been really nice without exception.:)

See, told you, it's me he's talking about!!!

Love you too Barman x x :yh_rotfl

Love you loads too Shel, I hope this year brings you contentment and nothing but good things :-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay I'll fess up.:o I've been here for quite a few years now and always had the understanding that most come and go from forums so if I upset them I didn't really care. I've never gone out of my way to upset anyone unless they have attacked another member of the board that I happened to like.

I have been lied to , lied about, liked , hated, loved, people have often been disenchanted with me after almost seeing a glimmer of hope. I'm brash, and use humour to only beneifit myself ( I really crack myself up sometimes. :wah:) I'm naturally lazy and do not keep up with interpersonal relationships on a board unless promted to do so. I suppose this makes people think that I don't like them, which is not the case at all. I guess I'm a bit distant in this way ...I'm trying though.

but.....

I'm also loving and affectionate and supportive if I know what's going on in peoples lives. I often talk about my "friends on the board" with those in RL and will come and visit you one day when I get around to it. Or stuff ya's!! You can come visit me.:wah: Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen :rolleyes:

so I guess if any of you fit into any catagory that I've mentioned above.

I'm sorry :o

See this is what I meant by the board is really like real life............just a little more concerntrated tis all.

:-6:-6:-6:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Ian;1279149 wrote: Just thinking out allowed...

I think some people are more real on forums than in reality, their true nature comes out more easily than it would in the real world.

I think face to face people are more withdrawn with people they do not know, where as on a forum they seem over confident and approachable.

Someones real nature would more than likely represent itself more on a forum.

Your absolutely right Ian!:-6

- sometimes its the same as being on the phone, its easier to talk and open up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

A song about the net and friends.

YouTube - Don't Let Go - Kate Miller-Heidke

very pretty song and meaningful:-6

to minx
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

what? what did I say do deserve that?......I am so tired and confused as always!

Sorry Odie - I wasn't ignoring you - I just didn't see the post until now. It was a well done for getting it sorted out. :)

minks

Post by minks »

One of my resolutions a few years back was to stay away from these kinds of threads, and ya I have seen this kind of repeated discord here over the years (yikes looking back I been here way to long)

This time I just had to toss in my 2 bits worth too....

1)..nothing curbs gossip quicker then a big fat Ignore! People get tired of talking about you when you won't take the bait and fight back.

2)..people's attitudes here are not always 100% accurate to what they can be in real life... (ie Barman made a great point)

3)..I learned a great saying from a co-worker "if you have nothing better to do than talk about me, I feel real sorry for you"

I can't love everybody, and everbody can't love me so I just roll with it. (or learned to do so in the past only gossip about me these days is my avatar whooo hooo ok and Saint missing me imagine that)

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL, AND I MEAN HAPPY LETS MAKE IT HAPPY BE HAPPY BRING ON HAPPY THOUGHTS IT KEEPS FG RUNNING AS A GOOD PLACE TO COME BACK TO.

notice we have old members returning from time to time, that must say something about this place.

Mods you guys rock too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Wow, that was quite a roller coaster ride of a thread. Is it time to get off and get back in line?

Where is the log ride?

Happy New Year to all!!!

burp....
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1279259 wrote: Sorry Odie - I wasn't ignoring you - I just didn't see the post until now. It was a well done for getting it sorted out. :)

thanks buddy for posting that to me.

everything in the garden is coming up roses now.:)
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

YZGI;1279277 wrote: Wow, that was quite a roller coaster ride of a thread. Is it time to get off and get back in line?

Where is the log ride?

Happy New Year to all!!!

burp....

I think the roller coaster has almost stopped...not sure if you'll get another ride now....but you can always wait in line again. ;):yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

minks;1279272 wrote: One of my resolutions a few years back was to stay away from these kinds of threads, and ya I have seen this kind of repeated discord here over the years (yikes looking back I been here way to long)

This time I just had to toss in my 2 bits worth too....

1)..nothing curbs gossip quicker then a big fat Ignore! People get tired of talking about you when you won't take the bait and fight back.

2)..people's attitudes here are not always 100% accurate to what they can be in real life... (ie Barman made a great point)

3)..I learned a great saying from a co-worker "if you have nothing better to do than talk about me, I feel real sorry for you"

I can't love everybody, and everbody can't love me so I just roll with it. (or learned to do so in the past only gossip about me these days is my avatar whooo hooo ok and Saint missing me imagine that)

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL, AND I MEAN HAPPY LETS MAKE IT HAPPY BE HAPPY BRING ON HAPPY THOUGHTS IT KEEPS FG RUNNING AS A GOOD PLACE TO COME BACK TO.

notice we have old members returning from time to time, that must say something about this place.

Mods you guys rock too.

so true Minks as I have said everything you just did.:guitarist

and the ignore feature is the best.;)

Happy New Year my Canuck friend!:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1279277 wrote: Wow, that was quite a roller coaster ride of a thread. Is it time to get off and get back in line?

Where is the log ride?

Happy New Year to all!!!

burp....

Happy New Year!:guitarist

It was a roller coaster ride beyond expectations.:rolleyes:

roller coaster ride has stopped for me.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1279478 wrote: Happy New Year!:guitarist

It was a roller coaster ride beyond expectations.:rolleyes:

roller coaster ride has stopped for me.

Some good things have been brought up...it's ended up being a good thread after all. :-4
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i have not commented on this thread as every one is on ignore and i dont have a clue what it is about :thinking::thinking::)
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

farmer giles;1279889 wrote: i have not commented on this thread as every one is on ignore and i dont have a clue what it is about :thinking::thinking::)

What !!!! Even little old me ? Shame on you Jimbopeeps - I'm devastated ! :-1

And your are my fave FG fella as well ------- tut tut tut ! :rolleyes: ;) :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “General Chit Chat”