The Count Down

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Countdown To

Is this accurate? Probably not...........but who cares? We all know this year is winding down. Adios 2009!

What will you be doing this last day of the year 2009?

Me...................I'll be working. Payday. :wah:

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

The Count Down

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Happy New Year Diana:-4

along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

Happy New Year to all my Friends here at the Garden. :):-6

Anywhere is warm when shared with friends. Click on the park bench below.
Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

Happy New Year Diana and Kathy Ellen. :-4:-4

Tomorrow, well today now, I'm going to see a new house. I hope I get it. It's really close to college, for the kids. 5 really good friends of ours live in the same road and it's away from my neighbours from hell! :-5

The only problem is that someone else is viewing it half an hour before us, so they will have first refusal. I hope they refuse!

At 3pm I have a hospital appointment! Who the heck makes appointments for 3pm on New Years Eve? However, I want to change my diabetic medication so I need to go and ask them what positive changes I can make to have better control.

After that we're going to look around the German Market and we're taking the kids to Pizza Hut. We only get to go to Pizza Hut about once a year as there aren't any near us. We thought we'd treat ourselves as it's payday and as it's New Year's and as things haven't been so rosy lately, lots of worries about things, lots of hassle and things going wrong.

I'm hoping we'll get this house and be surrounded by friends, but it could also all go wrong if they become too intrusive. It's hard to judge. Sometimes, when things are really meant to be, they all just fall into place. I'm hoping that will happen for me here.

May 2010 be a fresh new start for us and a fresh new year for everyone here too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FG-ERS! :-4 :-6
AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

I do hope that does all work out for you, Rapunzel. Very best wishes. And also to you AFTR and Kathy Ellen!!!!

It's 11:21am here, New Year's Eve and I shall probably be the first Gardener to reach 2010!!

My street is already being barricaded - we're part of the foreshore fireworks viewing front seats and people are starting to stream in. Parking is not available. By midday, anyone on foot will be searched for alcohol etc (you can't bring your own!)

It's kind of soft here today, light drizzle. Warm. Very nice.

I am having a small do, family and close friends only - and we shall graze on cheeses, French bread, summer fruits, legham, smoked salmon, lamb roll (I have to bake that) and sip champers with strawbs and Scottish shortbread (I have to make that shortly too).

My kids, returning from work, will have to walk in, showing residential ID. Once in, no one can get out till 2am.

The Sydney fireworks this year are expected to be spectacular. They are trying out some new technology, and using the hardest firework colour - blue- as the theme...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

The Count Down

Post by Odie »

Happy New Year Diana and all my friends on forumgarden!

I am really looking forward to starting a new year as this has been the toughest.

Be safe and enjoy!:-4

Life is just to short for drama.
Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

Oh Pammie, that sounds wonderful! :-6

I shall watch out for your fireworks display on TV! The Sydney Harbour fireworks are always the best display! Amazingly beautiful! Who can forget your Millennium fireworks which lit up Sydney Harbour Bridge? Stunning!

Odie, hunni, I wish you all the very best for a wonderful and bright New Year. You deserve a good life, laughter and happiness. May 2010 Bless You. :-4

AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

Happy New Year Odie.

Rapunzel - the posh cruiser "The World" is just now sailing back into Sydney Harbour after wandering down the coast for a few days following the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. They'll have front row seats too!!!

And - this is amazing - I just received a package from darkest, snowbound, wintry Noo Joisey - and in it there was one fantastically green traveling tee shirt which will, of course now be here for the New Year's Eve fireworks. How clever of Kathy Ellen!!!

------------------------

Lots of yachts are sailing in and mooring over behind the Opera House.

AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

Now there's helicopters everywhere...

Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

How exciting! Keep us updated! :):-6
AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

I can just see the harbour end of the Botanical Gardens from my balcony. It's usually green, but now looks like hundreds and thousands (sprinkles) - I guess people are camped there already, staking their spot. The Opera House forecourt looks suspiciously clear - it's probably barricaded and ticket entry only.

There are now an awful lot of small craft, clustered behind the opera house. Both sailboats and launches.

The harbour ferries are going about their business as usual. So are the bridge trains. My apartment block neighbours are squabbling over the non availability of visitor parking. (I sorted out our requirements well in advance.. :sneaky:)

Kathy Ellen

The Count Down

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1277561 wrote: I can just see the harbour end of the Botanical Gardens from my balcony. It's usually green, but now looks like hundreds and thousands (sprinkles) - I guess people are camped there already, staking their spot. The Opera House forecourt looks suspiciously clear - it's probably barricaded and ticket entry only.

There are now an awful lot of small craft, clustered behind the opera house. Both sailboats and launches.

The harbour ferries are going about their business as usual. So are the bridge trains. My apartment block neighbours are squabbling over the non availability of visitor parking. (I sorted out our requirements well in advance.. :sneaky:)

WOW Pam,

Your city sounds wonderful and ready for fun. I love when people who don't prepare complain that there are no parking spaces:wah:..:wah:..same here at the beach.

Have loads of fun. Wish I could be there with you:-4
Odie

The Count Down

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1277533 wrote: Happy New Year to all my Friends here at the Garden. :):-6

Anywhere is warm when shared with friends. Click on the park bench below.

oh my Diana, that is just beautiful!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1277564 wrote: WOW Pam,

Your city sounds wonderful and ready for fun. I love when people who don't prepare complain that there are no parking spaces:wah:..:wah:..same here at the beach.

Have loads of fun. Wish I could be there with you:-4

Wish you could too, Kathy!!!

AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

Matt Damon's apparently on 'The World' pant pant pant...

Nomad

The Count Down

Post by Nomad »

Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Dr. Seuss

Originally Posted by Rapunzel

WOW! Just Wow!

I know ! She has got some nerve doesnt she?

Very ballsy thing quoting Dr. Suess.
I AM AWESOME MAN
OpenMind

The Count Down

Post by OpenMind »

Happy New Year to our New Zealand members.:yh_party:yh_party
AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

Do we have any current New Zealand members?

Getting close here, OM. The kids fireworks were great at 9pm. Now we're getting closer to the big ones. The ring thingie on the centre of the Harbour Bridge is glowing blue, with occasional red fire.

We've had an air show including biplanes, a boat parade - everything lit up. The street is one big party. The noise is deafening.

Much champers has been drunk... hic.. and more is yet to come.

OpenMind

The Count Down

Post by OpenMind »

AussiePam;1277606 wrote: Do we have any current New Zealand members?

Getting close here, OM. The kids fireworks were great at 9pm. Now we're getting closer to the big ones. The ring thingie on the centre of the Harbour Bridge is glowing blue, with occasional red fire.

We've had an air show including biplanes, a boat parade - everything lit up. The street is one big party. The noise is deafening.

Much champers has been drunk... hic.. and more is yet to come.

Why is Western Australia 1.5 hours behind Northern Territory?:thinking:
AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

For the same sort of reason that Detroit is not in the same time zone as San Francisco. Sydney would represent New York, on that metaphor.

England is teensy weensy.

:sneaky:

OpenMind

The Count Down

Post by OpenMind »

AussiePam;1277615 wrote: For the same sort of reason that Detroit is not in the same time zone as San Francisco. Sydney would represent New York, on that metaphor.

England is teensy weensy.

:sneaky:

Sure, but the rest of your territories are an hour or half an hour different from each other.

For a small country we did pretty well. We float easily under the weight of mass immigration (like a life raft in the sea). Our language has spread around the world. etc. etc.:D
mikeinie

The Count Down

Post by mikeinie »

Happy New Year to you all

AussiePam

The Count Down

Post by AussiePam »

OpenMind;1277619 wrote: Sure, but the rest of your territories are an hour or half an hour different from each other.

For a small country we did pretty well. We float easily under the weight of mass immigration (like a life raft in the sea). Our language has spread around the world. etc. etc.:D

I'm just talking about geographical size OM. There's standard ways of calculating time zones.

OpenMind

The Count Down

Post by OpenMind »

AussiePam;1277631 wrote: I'm just talking about geographical size OM. There's standard ways of calculating time zones.

You just had to bring it back down to size, dintcha.

:D
OpenMind

The Count Down

Post by OpenMind »

As far as I can tell, East Australia territories have passed midnight and are now in 2010, except for Queensland.
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

Nomad;1277602 wrote: Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Dr. Seuss

Originally Posted by Rapunzel

WOW! Just Wow!

:yh_rotfl Happy New Year!!

No green eggs and ham for you! :wah:
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

My..................How Time Flies!

Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

Nomad;1277602 wrote:

along-for-the-ride;1277823 wrote: :yh_rotfl Happy New Year!!

No green eggs and ham for you! :wah:

Lol @ Nomad & AFTR! :wah:

You're both nuts - which is a good way to start the New Year! :wah:

Note to self *time to change the quote, sadly.*

It was a great quote though, thanks for letting me borrow it AFTR (not that I actually formally asked, I just stole it in a Grinch-like undercover op. heh heh heh *grins*)
Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

Thanks for the updates Pam. :) :-4

Once again Sydney sported the most fabulous fireworks! Fantastico!

London's weren't too bad this year, not quite as lame as usual. :D

Maybe they've realised they need to practise their technique a little more as the countdown to 2012 has begun! :lips:
Rapunzel

The Count Down

Post by Rapunzel »

The Muppet Show - Auld Lang Syne

YouTube - The Muppet Show - Auld Lang Syne/For She's a Jolly Good Porker
BritLee

The Count Down

Post by BritLee »

I do not know about the which count down is subject for but may know this that when count down start it fill like that same thing is getting finished.

[link removed]
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

BritLee;1336835 wrote: I do not know about the which count down is subject for but may know this that when count down start it fill like that same thing is getting finished.

[link removed]

Hello, BritLee.....thanks for posting. Well another year is about to end soon, so there will be yet another countdown for this year 2010. Time flies.
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

Below is a link to the current countdown til 2011.

Countdown Clock

:wah:
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

I don't like the cover of this album, but this song is cool.
along-for-the-ride

The Count Down

I am adding this news story to this thread. Come to your own conclusions.

Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds - CNN.com

Return to “Science Technology Videos”