Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Unless I win the lotto.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-lo...cgi?welcome-344

MagicZ4941
persephone

30 more years to go till retirement

Post by persephone »

After some of the things I've learnt in my training I don't want to stop, there's just as many bad things about retirement as there are good.

I want to remain active for as long as I'm able, if if that means slowing down and only doing little things with any luck this will keep me healthy for longer.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
persephone

Post by persephone »

Thank you, I've worked with the elderly for 10 years now and I'm one of those bossy nurses that tells them to do it themselves and "no, you can reach that, I'm not here to wait on you hand and foot". Obviously it's for their sake, not because I'm nasty or lazy.

I plan to go onto midwifery when I finish general nursing, but of course in general wards there's more elderly than young patients, so I'll never get away from them as I'll be doing a bit of both once I'm qualified as both.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Retirement ... what is that.. never never.. my plans are to work for a ski area in the winter.. yelling get on the red line at tourists.. and driving a gang mower at a golf course in the summer.. oopss.. that was your ball .. sorry. That way my two biggest vices are paid for..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
persephone

Post by persephone »

Jack Sprat wrote: Letha,

Come on over to this side of the Pond, we need good nurses in the US. :)
What ??? :-2

And get sued every five minutes ??? :wah:

Plan is Austrailia, once I'm qualified in both general and midwifery... Already checked out the visa stuff. :-6
persephone

Post by persephone »

Jack Sprat wrote: Getting back to the topic: retirement. So far the poll has five votes, four people saying they have no plans to fully retire.

Why? Is it that you have financial concerns, need to maintain your health care provisions, or simply enjoy working? Or are there other reasons you do not plan on retiring?I answered that when I voted, lack of activity is not healthy, mentally or physically :-6

Oh and if I'm going to be doing work still I'd rather get pocket money at least.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well, I'm a Senior Citizen..!!

5 more years for me. :D I will work and draw my SSI benefits at 62. I can't wait any longer than that..!!

I have thought about going out at 60, but the 2 extra year will help with the money..!! :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

My dad was going to retire when he turned 60 when he was 55. Then he said 62 but says he is feeling better now and he is enjoying his job so he might work till he is 65. He is 62 so I guess just the fact that he can retire has revigorated him a bit.

As for me my current job is a bit more stressfull then average so I see going to a less stressfull job as a form of retirement. I've already put in 7 years and the max I want to put in my current job is 20. Just can't affored to make the down/upgrade at this moment unless I do win the lotto.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-lo...cgi?welcome-344

MagicZ4941
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

I will work until they hammer the lid on. That's okay. I like what I do, and it's easy. There are a lot of old geezers doing this, and I own my own business so I can't get fired. Anyway, we are too spoiled to live on a fixed income.
Look what the cat dragged in.
cars

Post by cars »

Retirement! When I was in my 30's, 40's & even into my 50's I always kept saying my favorite saying: I can't wait till I get to retire, I can leave this job today and never miss it! Well now that "I am going to retire" at the end of this month from my same job of 32 years, (44-1/2 yrs in the industry) I have so many mixed emotions. Ones that I never even knew existed. I am anxious, nervous, cautious, and I believe excited, all at the same time. There are so many unknowns & uncertainties! I have "11" working days left, but who's counting!!! Enjoy work while you can, you'll never know if retirement is for you untill you are living it!! Like others have said, maybe to never "fully" retire is the answer!!! :-2

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

I'm 37...I have about 30 years to go. I have a financial plan that's on track, and will see me completely debt-free except for my mortgage in a month from now. Then the retirement investing, kid's college fund, and paying down the mortgage. The house will be mine before I'm fifty, and working after that will be pure gravy. I think I will probably not work at all for a while; I'll enjoy freedom. Probably travel. I may choose something I love; maybe I'll focus on art; maybe I'll build myself a house on the beach. Dunno. But whatever it is, it'll be great, because I'm planning for it NOW.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Lon

Post by Lon »

You didn't have a category for "already retired". I retired at age 56.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Heck I'm simi retired as it is. And loving every moment of it. More daylight hours is what I need.:driving:
Jives

Post by Jives »

Personally, I plan to die at the podium....

(Jives walks to the front of the class)

Ok, kids, please open your books to page... AAAACK!

(Jives clutches his chest and collapses):-3
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

2 more years to go for my60:guitarist
bricapspi

Post by bricapspi »

I just thought I would slip this in here to get it off my chest. One must be very careful what one says at the office right now.
Taux calculette pret immobilier |

Calcul emprunt pret immo |

Taux interet calculette credit immobilier
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Capt_buzzard's now retired

We hope he's having fun

With well earned loot and wicked gals

Cavorting in the sun

Bricapspi's also now retired

He got it off his chest

Spoke in the garden carelessly

And copped eternal rest RIP
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Lon

Post by Lon »

Lon retired at age 56.

He's never been bored and he's almost 76

He greets each day with a great big smile

And for a gourmet meal he'd walk a mile

He plays lots of sports and does adventurous stuff

Computers and high tech things are just not enough

FG and other forums can be a delight especially when you can't sleep in the middle of the night.:)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I love my work and don't plan to retire.

It's a good thing, too, 'cause I never saved any money and will have to rely on Social security if I do retire.

Unless my 401-L comes in.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

cars;19677 wrote: Retirement! When I was in my 30's, 40's & even into my 50's I always kept saying my favorite saying: I can't wait till I get to retire, I can leave this job today and never miss it! Well now that "I am going to retire" at the end of this month from my same job of 32 years, (44-1/2 yrs in the industry) I have so many mixed emotions. Ones that I never even knew existed. I am anxious, nervous, cautious, and I believe excited, all at the same time. There are so many unknowns & uncertainties! I have "11" working days left, but who's counting!!! Enjoy work while you can, you'll never know if retirement is for you untill you are living it!! Like others have said, maybe to never "fully" retire is the answer!!! :-2

Cars :driving:
Well lookie here, it's almost "5" years ago (end of next month is full 5) I retired!!! I had doubts, concerns, and fears of the unknown, and I can now say with absolute certainty that "retirement is great"!!! Everything my retired friends told me before I retired was true, "every day is Saturday & Sunday"! You're your own boss, to do what you want, when you want, "if" you want! A word to the wise, while you're working, just be sure to save as much as you can for retirement, cause it sorta just sneaks up you when you're not looking! Cause "time" without "money", can turn out to be a bad thing!

I always had a percentage of my salary automatically deducted from my pay each month. Luckily for me, I really heavily socked it away the last 10 years before retiring. And am now very financially sound!
Cars :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well the retirement age in this country now is 67 for men and 65 for women. It used to be 65 for men and 60 for women. It's still 70 for doctors.

the empty nest syndrome for women is very much like the retirment of men from the workforce although it tends to happen a lot earlier. so guys take care of your women when the last child leaves home .....it can be daunting for women and an extremely stressful and emotional time for them.

Return to “Retirement Planning”