Boy finally reunited with American dad in Brazil

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

RIO DE JANEIRO – A Brazilian family delivered a 9-year-old boy to his American father in Brazil on Thursday, ending a five-year custody battle.

Sean Goldman was brought into the U.S. consulate by several of his Brazilian relatives, making it into the compound's front door as scores of reporters and cameramen tried to get close. His father, David Goldman of Tinton Falls, N.J., was waiting for him inside.

Sean cried as his stepfather and family lawyer tried to get him through the scrum of journalists in front of the consulate. Guards had to violently push back photographers and TV cameramen.

Story Link: Boy finally reunited with American dad in Brazil - Yahoo! News
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I hope that he and his boy make it home safe and sound. The poor child will need a great deal of guidance once he's home.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

I can't help but feel sorry for this little boy. He's going to miss his mother and stepfather. He really doesn't even know his dad and moving away from his home and friends is going to be very hard on him. I hope everything works out for the best for him.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1275708 wrote: I can't help but feel sorry for this little boy. He's going to miss his mother and stepfather. He really doesn't even know his dad and moving away from his home and friends is going to be very hard on him. I hope everything works out for the best for him.

But his mother has died. She absconded with the child, divorced her husband and remarried. She then died in childbirth. Why should the stepfather have the child when he rightfully belongs with his Dad?
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

After 5 long years their reunion finally became reality! The boy is finally where he should be, with his dad. What a fantastic Christmas present for them, to be together once again.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1275710 wrote: But his mother has died. She absconded with the child, divorced her husband and remarried. She then died in childbirth. Why should the stepfather have the child when he rightfully belongs with his Dad?

You are right and my apologies for not catching that. :-5 By all means this little boy should be with his Dad.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I am just so saddened by stories like this one Jazzy because I see it so often with our school kidlets. When some parents divorce, sometimes the custodial parent takes their child far away, and has no right to do that. The child has the right to see both parents.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

About time and I'm sure his father will do whatever it take to help his son with the help he will need. It is very sad but its always the children who suffer the most in cases like this.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

*Update*

ORLANDO, Fla. (Dec. 25) - For the first time in five years, a New Jersey father went to bed knowing that no last-minute legal appeal could keep him from his mop-haired son, who was finally back on U.S. soil after a tumultuous intercontinental custody battle involving his Brazilian stepfamily.

David Goldman and his 9-year-old son, Sean, landed in Orlando from Brazil on Christmas Eve before being whisked away in a caravan of three SUVs, heading toward an unknown destination.

"My little boy is 5 feet away, sound asleep, peaceful," Goldman, of Tinton Falls, N.J., told NBC during the flight. "We're on our way. My heart is just melting. I love him."

Story Link: David Goldman Rejoices in Return of Son, Sean, Held in Brazil - Sphere News
Peg

Post by Peg »

I really hate the stepfather for putting the dad, and child, through this. May karma come to bite him back HARD.

Return to “Kids Family”