Whining and Complaining Only.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Peg

Post by Peg »

We have a nasty mixture heading this way Wednesday night into Thursday. My daughter has an hour drive to and from school each way. She finishes on the 18th of December so I am hoping it is a false alarm.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Peg;1270526 wrote: We have a nasty mixture heading this way Wednesday night into Thursday. My daughter has an hour drive to and from school each way. She finishes on the 18th of December so I am hoping it is a false alarm.

Lets all hope that the forcasters stick to being wrong so much so your daughter can have safe travel. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1270525 wrote: I didn't see long underwear and heavy duty socks on that list! :sneaky:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

in Barrie where my son and DIL live, an hours drive from here, its one of our snowbelt areas, so they have snow every day.:yh_rotfl

he's out there everyday doing the driveway at 4am before work and he has well over an hours drive, he says he used to it.
Life is just to short for drama.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1270529 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

in Barrie where my son and DIL live, an hours drive from here, its one of our snowbelt areas, so they have snow every day.:yh_rotfl

he's out there everyday doing the driveway at 4am before work and he has well over an hours drive, he says he used to it.

That sounds terrible...quit trying to get me to move to canada! :yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1270533 wrote: That sounds terrible...quit trying to get me to move to canada! :yh_rotfl

Canada? You want real snow? Go to Alberta, not Ontario!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1270557 wrote: Canada? You want real snow? Go to Alberta, not Ontario!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i don't care...just quit trying to get me to move to canada! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1270728 wrote: i don't care...just quit trying to get me to move to canada! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

but we do have all 4 seasons here.:yh_rotfl
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

for once I can blame the internet tech guys ....bloody idiots . I managed to work the problem out myself .. when the tower blew up, broke down, got wiped, ...whatever! it wrote me off their system. :-5:-5:-5:-5

so if in the future it seems I've spontaniously combusted it's because the tower has disinherited me again.:-5

welcome to Wideband.:-5
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

no cable (tv), no phone, no internet all night....AGAIN! Now with this big snow storm it'll probably go out again. :-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1270887 wrote: no cable (tv), no phone, no internet all night....AGAIN! Now with this big snow storm it'll probably go out again. :-5:-5:-5

why is it going out so much lately?:-5:-5

sounds like mine.:sneaky:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1270950 wrote: why is it going out so much lately?:-5:-5

sounds like mine.:sneaky:

I wish I knew...we never have all these problems, and especially so close together. :mad:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

The shiit has hit the fan again! And this time I can't even talk about it on open forum. God, please let this year be over already! :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1271093 wrote: I wish I knew...we never have all these problems, and especially so close together. :mad:

call and ask them wtf is going on!:sneaky:

shelbell;1271095 wrote: The shiit has hit the fan again! And this time I can't even talk about it on open forum. God, please let this year be over already! :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

There is so much snow that I can't get outta my driveway so I had to cancel my doctors appointment for this afternoon and get charged a late cancellation fee. :-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1271298 wrote: There is so much snow that I can't get outta my driveway so I had to cancel my doctors appointment for this afternoon and get charged a late cancellation fee. :-5:-5

they charged you during a winter storm?:lips:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1271320 wrote: they charged you during a winter storm?:lips:

Yeah, and my mom was supposed to have a doc appointment in the same building and the same time as mine, just one floor under where i go, and they cancelled her appointment yesterday. It's not a big fee, but it still pisses me off. :mad:
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1271341 wrote: Yeah, and my mom was supposed to have a doc appointment in the same building and the same time as mine, just one floor under where i go, and they cancelled her appointment yesterday. It's not a big fee, but it still pisses me off. :mad:

I'd say something...... she phoned you early this morning to see if you were still coming because of the storm.

She would have called everyone else as well.

She only phoned in hopes that everyone canceled so they could close the office down and go home early.;)

no doctors office phones for a reminder the day of.

nice way to go home early and still collect.:rolleyes:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

so early this morning I tripped on a towel on the bathroom floor that we use to stand on after our shower...yep, fell backward right into the bathtub. Jacked up my right elbow really bad, i think the only reason I didn't hit my head was because of my ponytail...and of course it is my right arm so i hafta try to do everything left handed and that is not a good thing for me.

i went to the clinic and the doc said something did not feel right so sent me for x-rays. he didn't see anything but is going to have a radiologist look much closer and i should know in a couple of days if i broke anything...if not then it's just a severe bone bruise. what's most fun is i get to wear a sling until it is feeling better. :-5:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1271832 wrote: so early this morning I tripped on a towel on the bathroom floor that we use to stand on after our shower...yep, fell backward right into the bathtub. Jacked up my right elbow really bad, i think the only reason I didn't hit my head was because of my ponytail...and of course it is my right arm so i hafta try to do everything left handed and that is not a good thing for me.

i went to the clinic and the doc said something did not feel right so sent me for x-rays. he didn't see anything but is going to have a radiologist look much closer and i should know in a couple of days if i broke anything...if not then it's just a severe bone bruise. what's most fun is i get to wear a sling until it is feeling better. :-5:-5:-5:-5

good grief!

that's the third time in two weeks!:-5

do you need glasses shell?

you may also need an ultrasound as x-rays don't show a lot.

feel better.:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1271852 wrote: good grief!

that's the third time in two weeks!:-5

do you need glasses shell?

you may also need an ultrasound as x-rays don't show a lot.

feel better.:-4

i know! isn't it rediculous? i already have glasses. i just dont know what my problem is.

i'm going to wait the couple of days to see what the radiologist says first. during the x-rays they wanted my arm flat and i had to force it straight and i couldn't believe how painful that was. and this typing with only my left hand is getting old really quick! :-5:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1271866 wrote: i know! isn't it rediculous? i already have glasses. i just dont know what my problem is.

i'm going to wait the couple of days to see what the radiologist says first. during the x-rays they wanted my arm flat and i had to force it straight and i couldn't believe how painful that was. and this typing with only my left hand is getting old really quick! :-5:-5:-5:-5

of course you have to wait to see what your doctor says first.

you must have done some sort of damage to hurt that much, could be anything, sprain, strain, torn ligaments, muscle damage, good grief sis you need a vacation!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1271900 wrote: of course you have to wait to see what your doctor says first.

you must have done some sort of damage to hurt that much, could be anything, sprain, strain, torn ligaments, muscle damage, good grief sis you need a vacation!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I agree...a nice vacation...now where do i go that i won't be tripping over everything...hmmmmmmmmmm....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1272176 wrote: I agree...a nice vacation...now where do i go that i won't be tripping over everything...hmmmmmmmmmm....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'll sit you in a beach chair in the sand.:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1272257 wrote: I'll sit you in a beach chair in the sand.:yh_rotfl

hmmmmmmmmm....that could work!! I'm just worried about what would happen if i actually had to get up. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1272285 wrote: hmmmmmmmmm....that could work!! I'm just worried about what would happen if i actually had to get up. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl

I'll have a crane there to help you.:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1272292 wrote: I'll have a crane there to help you.:yh_rotfl

first of all, I'm not THAT big where I need a crane.:yh_rotfl second of all, the way my luck has been, it'll drop me. :-5:-5

ok, i have to get off this computer for awhile, my other arm and hand are getting really tired and sore from all this typing with one hand. :-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1272296 wrote: first of all, I'm not THAT big where I need a crane.:yh_rotfl second of all, the way my luck has been, it'll drop me. :-5:-5

ok, i have to get off this computer for awhile, my other arm and hand are getting really tired and sore from all this typing with one hand. :-5:-5

I never meant you were big.:thinking:

just how the heck did you figure I could get myself up while trying to get you up?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1272313 wrote: I never meant you were big.:thinking:

just how the heck did you figure I could get myself up while trying to get you up?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

ok, the crane is now a really good idea...just got a call from my doctors office and yes, my elbow is broken. :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1272461 wrote: ok, the crane is now a really good idea...just got a call from my doctors office and yes, my elbow is broken. :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5

good grief! I am so so sorry sis!:-5:-5

It took them that long to tell you?

do you need a cast?

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1272525 wrote: good grief! I am so so sorry sis!:-5:-5

It took them that long to tell you?

do you need a cast?

talking to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...I do NOT want a cast!!! Please God let me just need to wear my sling, even tho i'm sick and tired of wearing it already, it's a lot better than a cast! :-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1272791 wrote: talking to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...I do NOT want a cast!!! Please God let me just need to wear my sling, even tho i'm sick and tired of wearing it already, it's a lot better than a cast! :-5:-5:-5

I know this sis, we just talked about it on the phone last night.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

more than likely you can keep your sling.

I hope.:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

No cast for the elbow, just a sling. Had to buy a supportive brace for my damn ankle tho cuz it's so weak it just keeps popping and swelling up again and I can't use my cane cuz my damn arm is in a sling. :-5:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273604 wrote: No cast for the elbow, just a sling. Had to buy a supportive brace for my damn ankle tho cuz it's so weak it just keeps popping and swelling up again and I can't use my cane cuz my damn arm is in a sling. :-5:-5:-5:-5

this thread certainly was meant for you sis!:yh_rotfl

ahhhhhhhhhhh you poor thing.:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1273685 wrote: this thread certainly was meant for you sis!:yh_rotfl

ahhhhhhhhhhh you poor thing.:-4

That's why I started it...:yh_rotfl

I've decided one of my New Years resolutions is going to be to fall down less and not sprain or break anything. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl
koan

Post by koan »

Damn that Wii!

My arms hurt so bad it even pains me to write :wah:

At least I didn't do any boxing.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273709 wrote: That's why I started it...:yh_rotfl

I've decided one of my New Years resolutions is going to be to fall down less and not sprain or break anything. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl

good luck on your resolution!:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

koan;1273713 wrote: Damn that Wii!

My arms hurt so bad it even pains me to write :wah:

At least I didn't do any boxing.

That looks like so much fun koan and i'm thinking about getting a Wii for Christmas...
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273720 wrote: That looks like so much fun koan and i'm thinking about getting a Wii for Christmas...

They are finally starting to bring out things for adults.

there is a womens work-out one that you do at your own level and work up.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1273719 wrote: good luck on your resolution!:yh_rotfl

I'd at least like to heal before my next fall/injury. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1273722 wrote: They are finally starting to bring out things for adults.

there is a womens work-out one that you do at your own level and work up.

yeah, it just looks like so much fun and i know we'd have a blast playing it. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273726 wrote: I'd at least like to heal before my next fall/injury. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

shelbell;1273727 wrote: yeah, it just looks like so much fun and i know we'd have a blast playing it. :)

we would, I liked it becasue you can start at a very low level and work up, which is what I need....but I'm also not paying 300.00 for the machine!:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1273730 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

we would, I liked it becasue you can start at a very low level and work up, which is what I need....but I'm also not paying 300.00 for the machine!:yh_rotfl

They've lowered the price here to $200, but i'm sure the games are pricey.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273746 wrote: They've lowered the price here to $200, but i'm sure the games are pricey.

they are, not something I would ever use.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1273795 wrote: they are, not something I would ever use.

I'm sure I would use them, the sports games more than anything and it would be fun to compete with the kids...I'm sooooooooo competitive. Of course I couldn't do any of it until I heal from all the falling down, but who knows, I could have another good fall and break something else....I'm looking forward to seeing what's next...it's like a good mystery. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1273856 wrote: I'm sure I would use them, the sports games more than anything and it would be fun to compete with the kids...I'm sooooooooo competitive. Of course I couldn't do any of it until I heal from all the falling down, but who knows, I could have another good fall and break something else....I'm looking forward to seeing what's next...it's like a good mystery. :-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Not much sleep...last night Cody kept wanting to hump Sophie and he's 100lbs heavier than her, so i had to shut him outta the bedroom and listen to him scratch at the wall and whine most the night.

Gotta go to the pain doc today...I always love hearing "give it some more time" when I've been giving it more time for the past 30 years!

My broken elbow from 2 weeks ago is bothering me less than the ankle I severly sprained the day before Thanksgiving.

Going shopping with my mom later to get oldest daughters Christmas present...I really don't feel like shopping.

Wrapped youngest daughters Christmas presents last night and the more I wrapped, the sadder and more depressed I got knowing that Grant wasn't going to be here this year. :-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1274774 wrote: Not much sleep...last night Cody kept wanting to hump Sophie and he's 100lbs heavier than her, so i had to shut him outta the bedroom and listen to him scratch at the wall and whine most the night.

Gotta go to the pain doc today...I always love hearing "give it some more time" when I've been giving it more time for the past 30 years!

My broken elbow from 2 weeks ago is bothering me less than the ankle I severly sprained the day before Thanksgiving.

Going shopping with my mom later to get oldest daughters Christmas present...I really don't feel like shopping.

Wrapped youngest daughters Christmas presents last night and the more I wrapped, the sadder and more depressed I got knowing that Grant wasn't going to be here this year. :-1

put the dog in the basement.:-5

tell the pain doc to shove it!:yh_rotfl

shopping today? yuck, I don't do that after 11am!:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1274780 wrote: put the dog in the basement.:-5

tell the pain doc to shove it!:yh_rotfl

shopping today? yuck, I don't do that after 11am!:yh_rotfl

Have you ever tried putting a 150lb dog in the basement that is afraid of the stairs? Pretty much impossible. :-5:-5

The pain doc has all the pills. :-5

Me and mom both have appointments so we're going to meet up when we're done...we're going to an appliance store so it shouldn't be too bad...I hope. :thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1274789 wrote: Have you ever tried putting a 150lb dog in the basement that is afraid of the stairs? Pretty much impossible. :-5:-5

The pain doc has all the pills. :-5

Me and mom both have appointments so we're going to meet up when we're done...we're going to an appliance store so it shouldn't be too bad...I hope. :thinking:

throw some chicken nuggets down the stairs!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

mmmmmmmmmmm drugs!:sneaky:

oh yeah, your buying me a washer and dryer for Christmas, how sweet!:wah:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1274798 wrote: throw some chicken nuggets down the stairs!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

mmmmmmmmmmm drugs!:sneaky:

oh yeah, your buying me a washer and dryer for Christmas, how sweet!:wah:

I could throw the whole damn chicken down there and he still wouldn't go. :-5

Yes, drugs........ :-6

I've already ordered your new washer and dryer....i'm having them sent to you...it could take a couple of years for you to get them...i've heard service is really slow. :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”