Our first Posting Rule!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
koan

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by koan »

Reminding everyone to use attachments instead of hotlinking. See first post in this thread for a description of what a hotlink is.

Hotlinks that we find will be deleted.

Repeat offenders will be infracted after a warning.
Nomad

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Nomad »

Hitler.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1270605 wrote: Hitler.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
whomeno

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by whomeno »

This is Wierd usually its the other way around so the forum does not get over loaded lol.

i did not find any of the reasons quite valid but i,ll follow lol.

except for the dissapearing part when ppl use image hosting they tend to forget their accounts and images go poof

as for size why dont just use a size rule but oh well.

i,ll just go silent on this matter before my coffe kicks in
NO LINKS IN SIGNATURE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED
AussiePam

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by AussiePam »

G'day whomeno!! I've been wandering the Aussie countryside. Spent a week in the civilised end of a camp ground in Canberra in 100 degree heat (don't mind the uncivilised end of camping either, but it's just too hot right now for that)... now back in Sydney.

Er but on the first posting rule... so I'm not hijacking this thread - I guess it's about bandwidth rather than storage. But I'm technically blonde anyway.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Rapunzel

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Rapunzel »

koan;1269893 wrote: Reminding everyone to use attachments instead of hotlinking. See first post in this thread for a description of what a hotlink is.

Hotlinks that we find will be deleted.

Repeat offenders will be infracted after a warning.

Nuh-uh! I got an infraction and a warning together, so that's just not true!

Unless it was just me whom the mods loved so much they couldn't wait to deliver that pressie to my door! :p
Jazzy

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Jazzy »

I did it just once and got a very nice PM from a moderator asking me to fix it and reminding me of the hotlink rule. I have not done it since :)
Rapunzel

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Rapunzel »

Jazzy;1274180 wrote: I did it just once and got a very nice PM from a moderator asking me to fix it and reminding me of the hotlink rule. I have not done it since :)

Oh, okay, it's just me then! :rolleyes:
whomeno

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by whomeno »

to clarify my nick (nooo it wasent me i never did anythign HUH what are you inclining boy)
NO LINKS IN SIGNATURE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED
Bryn Mawr

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Rapunzel;1274178 wrote: Nuh-uh! I got an infraction and a warning together, so that's just not true!

Unless it was just me whom the mods loved so much they couldn't wait to deliver that pressie to my door! :p

Looking at the infraction history I can only see one entry against you for hotlinking and that was a warning.

I do note that you received an infraction on the same day but that was for flaming in another post in a different thread.

I do not know of any instances where a member has been infracted straight off for hotlinking - it is always a warning in the first instance.
Odie

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Odie »

at least I finally know now what it is.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by spot »

Odie;1274195 wrote: at least I finally know now what it is.:-5

What is it, Odie? How would you describe it to a newbie in your own words.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Vaishali

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Vaishali »

Yes,

you should be genuine user, and fully agree that first you should read all the guidelines...
rodneyS92

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by rodneyS92 »

Will definitely consider the rules.
Bryn Mawr

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

rodneyS92;1521589 wrote: Will definitely consider the rules.

It would be must appreciated if you do :-) Make yourself at home and dive into a few threads :-6
spot

Our first Posting Rule!

Post by spot »

rodneyS92;1521589 wrote: Will definitely consider the rules.

I'm not sure we've ever tried to specify all of our rules. We have rules, yes, but they're unwritten. Or at least not gathered.

One absolute rule, for example, is not to post onto the site through a proxy server without the prior agreement of a moderator. It may not sound like much but it's been essential on a few occasions.

The no-hotlinking rule is also absolute but the reason for it has morphed. Originally it was generating complaints of bandwidth theft from the hotlinked site. We don't see those any longer, but a lot of hotlinks to graphics have broken over the years, that process degrades the integrity of historical threads. The prohibition still applies.

We have a rule requiring adherence to the Ethics Code Statement of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association:We practice openness about the relationship between consumers, advocates, and marketers. We encourage word of mouth advocates to disclose their relationship with marketers in their communications with other consumers. We don't tell them specifically what to say, but we do instruct them to be open and honest about any relationship with a marketer and about any products or incentives that they may have received.

We stand against shill and undercover marketing, whereby people are paid to make recommendations without disclosing their relationship with the marketer.

http://www.womma.org/ethics/code/read/

We prefer polite exchanges and the deliberate exploration of common ground where differences of opinion arise. Freedom of speech on the site has traditionally been curtailed where it involves hate speech, criminal acts, threats of legal action or bullying.

Other than that, the site operates as a benevolent tyranny.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “News and Announcements”