Our War On Drugs.

Open or closed borders?
Bryn Mawr

Our War On Drugs.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ask yourself where this article is leading - what is it asking you to conclude?

Then ask yourself who would benefit from that conclusion.

Is this a new way to justify moving against another Sovereign nation state and take over?
Saint_

Our War On Drugs.

Post by Saint_ »

Simple - total chaos. It's funny that we never learned the lesson of Prohibition, despite all the gangland violence during that time period.

So, we've been waging the "War on Drugs" for what now, twenty years? Drugs are cheaper, more powerful, and more available than ever. Worse yet the violence level is rising.

I have to visit most of my friends from the 70s in the graveyard these days thanks to drugs and alcohol. So I'm certainly not an advocate of drug use, but what we're doing now sure doesn't seem to be working....:(
Ahso!

Our War On Drugs.

Post by Ahso! »

Scrat;1273094 wrote: We've been fighting this unofficially far more than 20 years. I think G Bush senior declared the first war or was it Reagan? We sure as hell aren't getting anywhere. I find it interesting that the drug cartels are hiring special forces for their personal armies.

This could be leading to something more nasty in the future. I agree.Tricky Dick Nixon actually, scrat, though Reagan did a more effective job selling it to the public and got congress to pour major bucks into it.

War on Drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Saint_

Our War On Drugs.

Post by Saint_ »

Do you think the rising acceptance of medical marijuana will change the way the "war" is fought?
YZGI

Our War On Drugs.

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1273020 wrote: Ask yourself where this article is leading - what is it asking you to conclude?

Then ask yourself who would benefit from that conclusion.

Is this a new way to justify moving against another Sovereign nation state and take over?
Thats quite a jump Bryn.

I read a story today about a Canadian cold front moving into the states, Now I wonder if we are just saying theses cold fronts are from Canada so we can over throw them.:D
koan

Our War On Drugs.

Post by koan »

YZGI;1273710 wrote: Thats quite a jump Bryn.

I read a story today about a Canadian cold front moving into the states, Now I wonder if we are just saying theses cold fronts are from Canada so we can over throw them.:D

I seem to recall we kicked your butt last time.

The cold fronts are just a taunt. Bring it on. :D
YZGI

Our War On Drugs.

Post by YZGI »

koan;1273716 wrote: I seem to recall we kicked your butt last time.

The cold fronts are just a taunt. Bring it on. :D
You can have it, our guns jam in the cold.:yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr

Our War On Drugs.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1273710 wrote: Thats quite a jump Bryn.

Given the source - "The U.S. Army War College's Strategic Studies Institute" - I'm not sure it's that big a jump

Return to “Immigration”