Gay

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ahso!

Gay

Post by Ahso! »

Think about what, whether or not they were lovers, or if being gay is okay.

I couldn't care less about the first question and gay is fine with me. How about you?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Gay

Post by CARLA »

Ditto.!!

[QUOTE]Think about what, whether or not they were lovers, or if being gay is okay.

I couldn't care less about the first question and gay is fine with me. How about you?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

hoppy

Gay

Post by hoppy »

It wouldn't surprise me.
Ahso!

Gay

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1270032 wrote: It wouldn't surprise me.I've thought about it but never went any further than that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Jazzy

Gay

Post by Jazzy »

Ahso!;1269993 wrote: Think about what, whether or not they were lovers, or if being gay is okay.

I couldn't care less about the first question and gay is fine with me. How about you?

Ditto your response :guitarist
Richard Bell

Gay

Post by Richard Bell »

They were fictional characters, so the reader is open to interpret them any way he/she wants.

The same has been said about the equally fictional Bert & Ernie and Batman & Robin.
The Rob

Gay

Post by The Rob »

It's nearly a certainty that Arthur Conan Doyle never intended his characters to be homosexuals, and since they are after all constructs of the author's imagination, the answer to the question is "NO".

Or are you speaking only of the characters as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the film about to be released?
Bruv

Gay

Post by Bruv »

Renee22;1269989 wrote: I was told that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were lovers what do you think?

Its a trick question ?

It could have been "Were they married ?"

Doesn't mean to each other does it ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
chonsigirl

Gay

Post by chonsigirl »

Dr. Watson got married during the stories.
flopstock

Gay

Post by flopstock »

Renee22;1270093 wrote: Let me just say this.

someone told me that Iam not saying that.

my feelings about gay people is this I really like them.

if I have hurt anyone about what someone told me then Iam very sorry.:-6

That makes no sense to me at all and I'm here to tell you I've read plenty of confusing posts in my time here..:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

The Rob

Gay

Post by The Rob »

I doubt anyone was offended by the question. I wasn't. I'm just not fond of this recent penchant for re-engineering fictional characters.

(Except for making Boomer and Starbuck women in the "re-imagined" "Battlestar Galactica"; that rocked. :D )
Peg

Gay

Post by Peg »

flopstock;1270097 wrote: That makes no sense to me at all and I'm here to tell you I've read plenty of confusing posts in my time here..:wah:

I think I understand. It is not her saying they were gay. Someone else said that.
AussiePam

Gay

Post by AussiePam »

I can see him... Shekel we kids called him - in his deerstalker cap and tweed cape, chomping on his meerschaum pipe and striding manfully over the dastardly moors pursued by the hounds of hell and only pausing to do an occasional line or play the DevilsTrill sonata on his strad.... Ahhhhh so much more romantic than Heathcliff. And the good doc kept the home fires burning, supervised the housekeeper who made their cups of tea, wrote in his journal and probably relaxed with some finepoint embroidery.

Like Bert and Ernie they were just good friends. Maybe very good friends.

Welcome Renee - of the short sharp Thread Title. Is there a pattern in these threads???? Perhaps houndstooth? Basil Rathbone would know... pant pant pant
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

flopstock

Gay

Post by flopstock »

Peg;1270099 wrote: I think I understand. It is not her saying they were gay. Someone else said that.

Well Duh!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Once you say it I see it! I'm asking you first next time..:o:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Gay

Post by Odie »

Ahso!;1269993 wrote: Think about what, whether or not they were lovers, or if being gay is okay.

surely Watson, you cant believe that?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

Gay

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;1270091 wrote: Dr. Watson got married during the stories.

Oh yeah, that means he's surely not gay...:yh_eyerol
farmer giles

Gay

Post by farmer giles »

yes they were gay :thinking:

and it started of as a fruit fetish

holmes says it in all his films

lemon entry my dear watson :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:lips::-3:-3:rolleyes::D
gmc

Gay

Post by gmc »

Renee22;1269989 wrote: I was told that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were lovers what do you think?

Does that mean that any two flatmates sharing a flat are gay-are students sharing accommodation with several mates all gay, are female students living in sorority houses, which I gather is a kind of dormitory, having lesbian orgies every night?

I'd ask your friend why he/she is so obsessed about things like that.
AussiePam

Gay

Post by AussiePam »

There seem to be a few people in FG similarly obsessed.

K.Snyder

Gay

Post by K.Snyder »

AussiePam;1270429 wrote: There seem to be a few people in FG similarly obsessed.

I haven't noticed anyone "similarly obsessed" with accusing people of being gay. Perhaps I'm missing posts...
abbey

Gay

Post by abbey »

farmer giles;1270287 wrote: yes they were gay :thinking:

OMG! :yh_rotfl

I nearly peed myself.
farmer giles

Gay

Post by farmer giles »

abbey;1270440 wrote: OMG! :yh_rotfl

I nearly peed myself.

thanks pam and abbey i know my sense of humour is a bit strange but i thought that was a cracker

elementary my dear watson :D

lemon entry get it folks :rolleyes::rolleyes:
spot

Gay

Post by spot »

It is the most outrageous calumny, I can't for a moment think what gave rise to the notion.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Gay

Post by AussiePam »

farmer giles;1270457 wrote: thanks pam and abbey i know my sense of humour is a bit strange but i thought that was a cracker

elementary my dear watson :D

lemon entry get it folks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again, lucky it wasn't a pineapple. Good to see you Jimbo!! Post away and don't let the bast&^%s grind you down, as we say in Oz.

OOOOOH grinding and pineapples in the same thread... not to mention outrageous calumny... Nasty.. :sneaky:

Odie

Gay

Post by Odie »

farmer giles;1270287 wrote: yes they were gay :thinking:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Gay

Post by Nomad »

Renee22;1270093 wrote: Let me just say this.

someone told me that Iam not saying that.

my feelings about gay people is this I really like them.

if I have hurt anyone about what someone told me then Iam very sorry.:-6

You like gay people? Why, because theyre gay? I like some gay people but not because theyre gay but because I like them as people. I could say the same about Russian women, dogs, and heterosexuals. I dislike people from the same groups as well.

Just the thought I had when I read your statement.
I AM AWESOME MAN
farmer giles

Gay

Post by farmer giles »

AussiePam;1270473 wrote: Again, lucky it wasn't a pineapple. Good to see you Jimbo!! Post away and don't let the bast&^%s grind you down, as we say in Oz.

OOOOOH grinding and pineapples in the same thread... not to mention outrageous calumny... Nasty.. :sneaky:

thanks again pam :-4

i dont come on as much as i'm busy with other stuff and i dont find the garden much fun anymore its gone all serious again :D

i would never stay away to avoid people all the people that have said nasty stuff behind my back are on ignore anyway :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

these things go in circles one day i will log in and wisey,spot,abbey,hoppy your good self,chezzie and all the funny people will be on good form and the place will be a riot oh and barman might say something funny too the tosser :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”